House of Gord: What Happened?

Phil Carson

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

Folks,

I know that the UK's Orion Publications and the "House of Gord" <best
known for their fictional depictions of what happens to women in the
24th Century> used to put out some very nice photo magazines called
"Fantasy of Gord" <which was not nearly as harsh in tone as the
fictional novels>.

I also heard that House of Gord got busted some time ago by the UK
authorities, on porn charges.

What I don't know, being on the west side of the Big Pond, is ... what
happened? Is Gord planning to publish any more photo mags? What about
his friends that made the custom lycra and leather restraints and
costumes? Can Gord even be reached?

I can't say I liked his fiction. But I *loved* his photography and,
when he spoke directly and honestly to his readers, I enjoyed reading
what he had to say. It would be sad if there will be no more.

Phil Carson
Master, Bondage Web & Fetish Central
<still in search of a new home>

Duane Gundrum

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

I know that QSM (http://www.qualitysm.com) carries House of Gord titles,
and a new title comes out from time to time.

Duane

Rob Jellinghaus

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

In article <5s3ov1$qms$1...@nntp-2.io.com>, Phil Carson <bndg...@io.com> wrote:
>I know that the UK's Orion Publications and the "House of Gord" <best
>known for their fictional depictions of what happens to women in the
>24th Century> used to put out some very nice photo magazines called
>"Fantasy of Gord" <which was not nearly as harsh in tone as the
>fictional novels>.
>
>I also heard that House of Gord got busted some time ago by the UK
>authorities, on porn charges.
>
>What I don't know, being on the west side of the Big Pond, is ... what
>happened? Is Gord planning to publish any more photo mags? What about
>his friends that made the custom lycra and leather restraints and
>costumes? Can Gord even be reached?

I also would like to know this. I haven't seen any Gord photomags since
Fantasy #3 (which is a MUST OWN for any ultrabondage enthusiasts, btw),
and more's the pity. But what I _have_ seen is some new books written
by him and illustrated by Benson. The latest one is _Kidnapped_, which
I actually bought off the WWW at
http://206.162.31.8/orion.htm
Don't know if they would have any more up-to-date info about Gord's
current Gordliness, but they might.

I would also love more of his photography, but if all I can get is his
fiction and Benson's illustration, I'll take it :-) He's not the best
writer (ahem), but he is imaginative as hell and downright sickphukish
in spots... and his penchant for frantically struggling, helplessly
bound women is riiiight up my alley.

--
Rob Jellinghaus ro...@unrealities.com http://www.unrealities.com/robj

anakha

Aug 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/9/97

ro...@best.com (Rob Jellinghaus) wrote:

Hi,

I'm not 100% percent sure about this but I think he relocated from the
UK to the USA. If it's true that new novels by him are still available
then he must be doing some work. I know he was very, very pissed off
about his troubles.

IIRC he came back to the UK from South Africa and was based in Wales
but as has been said had a lot of trouble with the UK authorities (I
think he was prosecuted for, among other things, importing copies of
the 'Secret' magazine).

Bye for now.

Anakha.
You Can Live Life Well Or Just Live.
And The Person Who Makes That Decision Is You.
==========Bobby Allison=======================

Phil Carson

Aug 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/11/97

Anakha,

> I'm not 100% percent sure about this but I think he relocated from the
> UK to the USA. If it's true that new novels by him are still available
> then he must be doing some work. I know he was very, very pissed off
> about his troubles.
>
> IIRC he came back to the UK from South Africa and was based in Wales
> but as has been said had a lot of trouble with the UK authorities (I
> think he was prosecuted for, among other things, importing copies of
> the 'Secret' magazine).

Do you have any more information you can share? <Gord, if you're
reading this, *where are you*?>

Phil Carson
Master, Bondage Web & Fetish Central

<will be back soon, I promise>