Stressed?

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Sep 24, 1993, 12:15:31 PM9/24/93
No cigarettes, obsessive-compulsive neighbor gotcha down? Me too...so
I read my horoscope in Real Astrology (Rob Brezsny):

Scorpio: In case you've never noticed, I'd like to call your attention to
the fact that the word "stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards. What
that says to me, with my mystical turn of mind, is that the cure for being
stressed is to eat desserts. This is especially true at a time like this,
when your salty and tangy spirit, which usually serves you so well, is in
danger of turning sour and bitter. Lots of sweet stuff is my prescription
for keeping your disposition balanced and your taste good.

HotDamn...ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Nancy

There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
Luther

Anmar Caves

Sep 24, 1993, 12:55:57 PM9/24/93
In article <1993Sep24.111531.10263@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>No cigarettes, obsessive-compulsive neighbor gotcha down? Me too...so
>I read my horoscope in Real Astrology (Rob Brezsny):
>
>Scorpio: In case you've never noticed, I'd like to call your attention to
>the fact that the word "stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards. What
>that says to me, with my mystical turn of mind, is that the cure for being
>stressed is to eat desserts. This is especially true at a time like this,
>when your salty and tangy spirit, which usually serves you so well, is in
>danger of turning sour and bitter. Lots of sweet stuff is my prescription
>for keeping your disposition balanced and your taste good.

I'm not gonna say it...

I'm not gonna say it...

I'm not gonna say it...

--
Anmar Mirza #Chief of Tranquility # I don't need to carry a weapon,
EMT-D N9ISY #Base, Lawrence Co. IN # People talk to me long enough they

Debbie Schwartz

Sep 25, 1993, 12:03:38 AM9/25/93

<nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu> wrote:

>Scorpio: In case you've never noticed, I'd like to call your attention to
>the fact that the word "stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards. What
>that says to me, with my mystical turn of mind, is that the cure for being
>stressed is to eat desserts. This is especially true at a time like this,
>when your salty and tangy spirit, which usually serves you so well, is in
>danger of turning sour and bitter. Lots of sweet stuff is my prescription
>for keeping your disposition balanced and your taste good.
>
>HotDamn...ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Yay, Nancy! This is the best news I've had all week! Thank you for
posting this! I wonder if the Great Pacfic Dessert Company
delivers....(chocolate decadence with raspberry sauce....)

Debbie (October 28)
--
Debbie Schwartz <d...@halcyon.com> "Clearly it is not the lovelorn
sufferer who seeks solace in chocolate, but rather the chocolate-deprived

Dave Heisler

Sep 24, 1993, 2:31:47 PM9/24/93
nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

>Lots of sweet stuff is my prescription
>for keeping your disposition balanced and your taste good.

..ahem

d ( made from nutrisweet )

Thomas Beagle

Sep 26, 1993, 2:41:12 AM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep24.111531.10263@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

[interesting astrological article deleted]

>There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
>and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
> Luther

I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.

--
Thomas Beagle | tho...@datamark.co.nz Home: +64 4 4993832 ,__o
Technical Writer | "He was so earnest and kind that he'd never _-\_<,

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Sep 26, 1993, 2:41:31 PM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep26.0...@datamark.co.nz>, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
> In article <1993Sep24.111531.10263@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>
> [interesting astrological article deleted]
>
>>**************************************************************************
>>There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
>>and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
>> Luther
>
> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>
> --
There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.

Nancy (I am not Luther. :)

Ed Gould

Sep 26, 1993, 3:01:01 PM9/26/93
> There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.

Sure there is. Well, evil at least. I was sold a completely unpalletable
order of fries on Friday...

--
Ed Gould e...@pa.dec.com Digital Equipment Corporation
+1 415 688 1309 Network Systems Lab 250 University Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" -- JP

trygve lode

Sep 26, 1993, 3:21:15 PM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>In article <1993Sep26.0...@datamark.co.nz>, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
>> In article <1993Sep24.111531.10263@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>>
>>>There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
>>>and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
>>
>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>>
>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.

No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
before eating them?

Trygve (a puddle kinda guy)
--
Trygve Lode | 3270 Cherryridge Road, Englewood, CO 80110 | (303) 781-6309
Want a copy of the soc.singles FAQ? Send mail to tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu

Thomas Beagle

Sep 26, 1993, 5:06:35 PM9/26/93
In article nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

>In article, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:

>>>There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
>>>and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
>>> Luther
>>
>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>>

>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.

BTW, I also forgot to mention that *real* people call them 'chips'.
:-)

Piglet

Sep 26, 1993, 6:56:18 PM9/26/93
STOP DELETING ATTRIBUTIONS, PEOPLE!!!!!!

In article <284otd$3...@usenet.pa.dec.com>, Ed Gould <e...@pa.dec.com> wrote:

Er, Nancy (?) wrote:
>> There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.

>Sure there is. Well, evil at least. I was sold a completely unpalletable
>order of fries on Friday...

That heavy, were they? Wow.

Piglet The evil that fries do lives afer them...

songbird

Sep 26, 1993, 7:06:12 PM9/26/93
trygve lode wrote:
>In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

[about french fry abuse]

>No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
>your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
>before eating them?

No. I like them like this too! Especially with a chocolate
milkshake. So I suppose I should ask... Seesters?!

>Trygve (a puddle kinda guy)

songbird (only when I'm excited :)

Ed Gould

Sep 26, 1993, 7:14:59 PM9/26/93
>> Sure there is. Well, evil at least. I was sold a completely unpalletable
>> order of fries on Friday...

> That heavy, were they? Wow.

Yup. Nearly broke a tooth...

trygve lode

Sep 26, 1993, 7:46:55 PM9/26/93
In article <285794$f...@mtu.edu> ro...@mtu.edu (songbird) writes:

>trygve lode wrote:
>
>[about french fry abuse]
>
>>No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
>>your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
>>before eating them?
>
> No. I like them like this too! Especially with a chocolate
>milkshake. So I suppose I should ask... Seesters?!

Nope; her whole family is dead now--but she is out of prison now and, as
far as I know, available. I'd be happy to pass your number along if you'd
like....

Piglet

Sep 26, 1993, 8:08:31 PM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep26.2...@datamark.co.nz>,

Thomas Beagle <tho...@datamark.co.nz> wrote:
>>In article, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
>>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.

>BTW, I also forgot to mention that *real* people call them 'chips'.

Nah -- if they're "chips", they get malt vinegar on them. "Fries"
get ketchup. ("Fries" get caught up?)

Piglet, no fries on hir

Graydon

Sep 26, 1993, 8:20:02 PM9/26/93

Unless, of course, the cabal gets them, and they become Poddy Fries.

Graydon

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Sep 26, 1993, 9:49:11 PM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep26....@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu>, tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu (trygve lode) writes:

>>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>>>
>>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
>
> No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
> your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
> before eating them?
>
> Trygve (a puddle kinda guy)
> --
French fries are not owned by anyone. If you buy them, you only paid
for the privilege of having them. They are free to be taken or shared
with others. When they are taken from you by another, you are not
free to mandate how that person that should eat them.

BTW from a plate? Really? What about those little bags and the race
to see who gropes for the fries that fell out into the bottom
of the sack?

Nancy

There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
and those who just make a little puddle on the side.

Luther

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Sep 26, 1993, 9:53:20 PM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep26.2...@datamark.co.nz>, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:

>>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>>>
>>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
>
> BTW, I also forgot to mention that *real* people call them 'chips'.
> :-)

And potato chips are called crisps, and cookies are biscuits, and biscuits
are scones.

Nancy (ask me how I know

Anmar Caves

Sep 26, 1993, 9:52:19 PM9/26/93
In article <1993Sep26....@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu (trygve lode) writes:
>In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

>>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>>>
>>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
>
>No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
>your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
>before eating them?

Hey, milkshakes and fries are *great*!

What's *really* gross is the vinegar one person I met used as a dip.

The only evil in friedom is when they burn the life outta the suckers.

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Sep 26, 1993, 11:31:05 PM9/26/93
In article <285794$f...@mtu.edu>, ro...@mtu.edu (songbird) writes:
> trygve lode wrote:
>>In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>
> [about french fry abuse]
>

>>No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
>>your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
>>before eating them?
>

> No. I like them like this too! Especially with a chocolate
> milkshake. So I suppose I should ask... Seesters?!

So are you saying that you like french fry thieving women with your chocolate
milk shake or fries dunked in chocolate milkshakes?

>>Trygve (a puddle kinda guy)
>

> songbird (only when I'm excited :)

Nancy (Aw man! Who did this?

There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
and those who just make a little puddle on the side.

Luther

trygve lode

Sep 27, 1993, 2:22:58 AM9/27/93
In article <1993Sep26.204911.10308@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>In article <1993Sep26....@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu>, tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu (trygve lode) writes:
>> In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>>
>>>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
>>
>> No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
>> your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
>> before eating them?

>French fries are not owned by anyone. If you buy them, you only paid

>for the privilege of having them. They are free to be taken or shared
>with others. When they are taken from you by another, you are not
>free to mandate how that person that should eat them.

Am too--it's my milkshake! (And I won't let you dip them in my ears
either.)

>BTW from a plate? Really? What about those little bags and the race
>to see who gropes for the fries that fell out into the bottom
>of the sack?

Yep; I think french fries can come on a plate--actually, now that I
think about it, it's been years since I've had french fries, so my
memory may be faulty in this regard. (Besides, I'm much more
familiar with groping for other things in the sack.)

(Not that I'm actively avoiding french fries--I just haven't thought
of them recently.)

trygve lode

Sep 27, 1993, 2:24:16 AM9/27/93
In article <1993Sep26.205320.10309@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>In article <1993Sep26.2...@datamark.co.nz>, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
>> In article nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>>>>
>>>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
>>
>> BTW, I also forgot to mention that *real* people call them 'chips'.
>
>And potato chips are called crisps, and cookies are biscuits, and biscuits
>are scones.

It's worse than that--those pesky brits shifted all the M&M/Mars candy
bars over by one.

MILLER, JIMMY A.

Sep 27, 1993, 8:39:11 AM9/27/93
Cream gravy (the kind you get with a good chicken-fried steak) is great
on french fries.

Jammer Jim Miller

--
Texas A&M University '89 & '91 | You don't have to be a Marine to be Semper Fi.
"Beauty...survives." | Perception is 9/10ths of reality

songbird

Sep 27, 1993, 9:10:20 AM9/27/93
nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu wrote:
>In article <285794$f...@mtu.edu>, ro...@mtu.edu (songbird) writes:
>> trygve lode wrote:
>>>In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>> [about french fry abuse and milkshakes]

>> No. I like them like this too! Especially with a chocolate
>> milkshake. So I suppose I should ask... Seesters?!

>So are you saying that you like french fry thieving women with your chocolate
>milk shake or fries dunked in chocolate milkshakes?

Errr, both :) If she's brave enough to try to get between my
mouth and my food then she will have to deal with the consequences.
Bravery or foolishness? You decide...

>>>Trygve (a puddle kinda guy)
>> songbird (only when I'm excited :)
>Nancy (Aw man! Who did this?

*laugh*

songbird

Lynn

Sep 27, 1993, 11:53:03 AM9/27/93
Our good friend, HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY A.),
typed the following with verve:

> Cream gravy (the kind you get with a good chicken-fried steak) is great
>on french fries.

There are a few compelling reasons to want to live in the US South.
(Besides the fact that Diamond lives in the south.)

Lynn (I wonder how well this gravy would go with the Flower of the
South?)

p.s. Beth and Piglet suckups in just a few lines. :-)
--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill

songbird

Sep 27, 1993, 12:42:30 PM9/27/93
Lynn wrote:
>Our good friend, HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY A.),
>typed the following with verve:
>> Cream gravy (the kind you get with a good chicken-fried steak) is great
>>on french fries.
>There are a few compelling reasons to want to live in the US South.
>(Besides the fact that Diamond lives in the south.)
>
>Lynn (I wonder how well this gravy would go with the Flower of the
> South?)
>
>p.s. Beth and Piglet suckups in just a few lines. :-)

Don'tcha mean *slurp!* ??? And don't forget Nancy.

songbird :)

Paul Norris

Sep 27, 1993, 2:09:41 PM9/27/93

}>And potato chips are called crisps, and cookies are biscuits, and biscuits
}>are scones.

Trygve accused:

}It's worse than that--those pesky brits shifted all the M&M/Mars candy
}bars over by one.

'pesky'? Hhrrrumpphh. Consider yourself challenged, sirrah!

Paul

Blancmange at 4000 miles?

--
Jimmy had Relax before anyone had heard of Frankie Goes to Hollywood and he'd
started slagging them months before anyone realised they were no good.

Daniel Banyas

Sep 27, 1993, 6:09:42 PM9/27/93
In article <1993Sep26....@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu>, tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu (trygve lode) writes:

|> >There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
|>
|> No? Not even the woman I know who will not only take french fries off
|> your plate without asking first, but will then dip them in your milkshake
|> before eating them?

I have a friend who orders a large fries with his meals and then saves them
for dessert. No ice cream. No hot fudge. Fries - sans ketchup, no less.

--
Danno - da...@is.morgan.com -

A puddler.

Matthew E. Cross

Sep 27, 1993, 5:10:57 PM9/27/93
In article <1993Sep26.134131.10304@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>In article <1993Sep26.0...@datamark.co.nz>, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
>> In article <1993Sep24.111531.10263@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>>
>> [interesting astrological article deleted]
>>
>>>**************************************************************************
>>>There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
>>>and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
>>> Luther
>>
>> I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>> that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.
>>
>> --
>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.

We cannot forget that hallowed, but small, group of people who open the
top of their ketchup packet and dip the fries in said packet, to avoid
any kind of ketchup-spreading (of which, sadly, I am not one).

-the profster

(got a news feed again! yay!)

E. Lloyd Olson

Sep 27, 1993, 11:38:09 PM9/27/93
According to Thomas Beagle <tho...@datamark.co.nz>:

>In article <1993Sep24.111531.10263@msuvx1> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>
>>**************************************************************************
>>There are two kinds of people: Those who put ketchup all over their fries
>>and those who just make a little puddle on the side.
>> Luther
>
>I just want to stick up for those of us, the third kind, who think
>that mixing fries with ketchup is an evil activity.

Yeah! I like mine covered with melted mozerella and mild cheddar
cheese, with ranch dressing on the side! You can feel your arteries
clog! Just like shooting up with pure lard! I remain,
-Yrs. in Fear & Loathing,
E. Lloyd Olson, Esq.

PS. Only $3.00 for a huge basket of cheese fries at Perkins, and they
will serve me even if I come in at 2:00 am (which I know is nothing for
most of you, but if you live in Montana, 24 hr. service is pretty nice).

--
| E. Lloyd Olson, Esq. || icsb...@gemini.oscs.montana.edu |
| "My advice to you, is to begin drinking heavily." |

Andreas Tovornik

Sep 27, 1993, 10:52:53 PM9/27/93

In a previous article, d...@halcyon.com (Debbie Schwartz) says:

>Debbie (October 28)

Happy Birthday...

--
'dreas...HACKers is me...Need a ride?...EmpressTwoFiveCode8

Thomas Beagle

Sep 27, 1993, 10:53:42 PM9/27/93
In article nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

>In article tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
>> In article nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

>>>There is no evil or deviance when it comes to french fries.
>>
>> BTW, I also forgot to mention that *real* people call them 'chips'.
>> :-)
>
>And potato chips are called crisps, and cookies are biscuits, and biscuits
>are scones.

Damn, she's so close, but... Sorry, you got the UK version.

For some reason, people in New Zealand (the real people mentioned
above) tend to use the word 'chips' for both 'fries' and 'crisps'.
Context is left to determine which one you mean...

(BTW, am I giving the impression that I'm obsessed with deep-fried
potato nomenclature? Or should that be potatoe... :-)

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Sep 28, 1993, 9:33:12 AM9/28/93
In article <1993Sep28.0...@datamark.co.nz>, tho...@datamark.co.nz (Thomas Beagle) writes:
> In article nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

>>> BTW, I also forgot to mention that *real* people call them 'chips'.
>>> :-)
>>
>>And potato chips are called crisps, and cookies are biscuits, and biscuits
>>are scones.
>
> Damn, she's so close, but... Sorry, you got the UK version.
>
> For some reason, people in New Zealand (the real people mentioned
> above) tend to use the word 'chips' for both 'fries' and 'crisps'.
> Context is left to determine which one you mean...

My *real* person is Brit...well, he's Scottish but he'd rather think of
himself as Brit. Oh yeah, one more thing - popovers are "almost" Yorkshire
pudding.

> (BTW, am I giving the impression that I'm obsessed with deep-fried
> potato nomenclature? Or should that be potatoe... :-)

I wonder if we'll ever live that one down.

James Preston

Oct 1, 1993, 5:36:33 PM10/1/93
nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

}French fries are not owned by anyone. If you buy them, you only paid
}for the privilege of having them. They are free to be taken or shared
}with others. When they are taken from you by another, you are not
}free to mandate how that person that should eat them.

Marry me?

--Jim Preston
I am a rock an' roller, and if I get much older,
They're gonna bury me with my guitar.
--Ambrosia

nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Oct 4, 1993, 9:49:51 AM10/4/93
In article <98Ic03j...@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, j...@uts.amdahl.com (James Preston) writes:
> nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
>
> }French fries are not owned by anyone. If you buy them, you only paid
> }for the privilege of having them. They are free to be taken or shared
> }with others. When they are taken from you by another, you are not
> }free to mandate how that person that should eat them.
>
> Marry me?
>
> --Jim Preston

Sure, if gregbo will agree to sing "Twist & Shout" at the ceremoney.

Nancy (I heard it on the radio this morning (Isley Bros version) and I am
feeling rill good :)

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was
loaned to you by your children. Kenyan Proverb

Piglet

Oct 4, 1993, 11:56:52 AM10/4/93
In article <1993Sep27.1...@ast.saic.com>,

Lynn <do...@ast.saic.com> wrote:
>Our good friend, HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY A.),
>typed the following with verve:
>> Cream gravy (the kind you get with a good chicken-fried steak) is great
>>on french fries.

>There are a few compelling reasons to want to live in the US South.

Actually, you don't have to head south for stunningly wonderful cream
gravy -- at least, for now, you just have to go to the Cottonwood Cafe
on Bleecker south of 8th in the Village.

>(Besides the fact that Diamond lives in the south.)

Second.

>Lynn (I wonder how well this gravy would go with the Flower of the
> South?)

Wonderfully. Come on down and try some for yourself.

Piglet, food-deprived

Daniel Banyas

Oct 4, 1993, 1:14:11 PM10/4/93
In article <1993Oct4.084951.10506@msuvx1>, nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
|> In article <98Ic03j...@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, j...@uts.amdahl.com (James Preston) writes:
|> > nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
|> >
|> > }French fries are not owned by anyone. If you buy them, you only paid
|> > }for the privilege of having them. They are free to be taken or shared
|> > }with others. When they are taken from you by another, you are not
|> > }free to mandate how that person that should eat them.
|> >
|> > Marry me?
|> >
|> > --Jim Preston
|>
|> Sure, if gregbo will agree to sing "Twist & Shout" at the ceremoney.

Damn, Nancy! You'll marry anybody these days!

--
Danno - da...@is.morgan.com -

I say this 'cuz we're in mid-courtship.....I need a cig......

Daniel Banyas

Oct 4, 1993, 3:11:00 PM10/4/93
In article <1993Oct4.131752.10514@msuvx1>, nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:

|> > Damn, Nancy! You'll marry anybody these days!
|> >
|> > I say this 'cuz we're in mid-courtship.....I need a cig......
|> >

|> Oh...like, didn't I tell ya...Ima Slut (who DOESN'T smoke anymore

I don't smoke anymore, either. Don't mean that I wouldn't kill for one
right now. Puff, puff, puff.

--
Danno - da...@is.morgan.com -

Hey VonStein - what's the name now?

the_lost_cause

Sep 29, 1993, 4:24:33 PM9/29/93
In article <286mtf$d...@menudo.uh.edu> HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY
A.) writes:
> Cream gravy (the kind you get with a good chicken-fried steak) is
great
> on french fries.

Maybe it was a sign of some poorer times, but I have grown to like them
with A-1. Sort of a cheap steak.
the Lost Cause jdav...@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
(hardwaire guy extraordinaire) MACTech,NeXTtech; NeXTmail accepted
"Everything is relative."

James Preston

Oct 4, 1993, 6:51:14 PM10/4/93
da...@nyis138.NoSubdomain.NoDomain (Daniel Banyas) writes:

}In article <1993Oct4.084951.10506@msuvx1>, nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
}|> In article <98Ic03j...@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, j...@uts.amdahl.com (James Preston) writes:
}|> > nvon...@msuvx1.memst.edu writes:
}|> >
}|> > }French fries are not owned by anyone. If you buy them, you only paid
}|> > }for the privilege of having them. They are free to be taken or shared
}|> > }with others. When they are taken from you by another, you are not
}|> > }free to mandate how that person that should eat them.
}|> >
}|> > Marry me?
}|> >

}|> Sure, if gregbo will agree to sing "Twist & Shout" at the ceremoney.

Yo, gregbo, I've got the sheet music right here!

}Damn, Nancy! You'll marry anybody these days!

Hey. . . . Hey! . . . *HEY*!

--Jim Preston
"Never keep a dog and bark for yourself."
--Slippery Jim di Griz

Seth Breidbart

Oct 5, 1993, 12:18:22 AM10/5/93
Daniel Banyas <da...@is.morgan.com> wrote:

>I need a cig......

Well, I was going to use this for myself, but since you need one, how
about:

Who needs a point? Can't we just argue free-form? I thought that was
what the Internet was all about. -- H. Biesel

Seth

Daniel Banyas

Oct 5, 1993, 9:13:07 AM10/5/93

Okay Seth - send the clue plane right on over - I have NO idea
what you're babbling about......

Elizabeth Abrams

Oct 5, 1993, 9:39:30 AM10/5/93
In article <28ph44$j...@panix.com> pig...@panix.com (Piglet) writes:
>In article <1993Sep27.1...@ast.saic.com>,
>Lynn <do...@ast.saic.com> wrote:
>>There are a few compelling reasons to want to live in the US South.
>>(Besides the fact that Diamond lives in the south.)
>
>Second.

Does this mean that you second the notion that my presence in the South
is a goodn reason to want to live here, or does it mean that I come second
to the cream gravy?

--Diamond, confused

"I swear it happened just like this; a sigh, a cry, a hungry kiss,
The gates of love, they budged an inch-
I can't say much has happened since
But closing time." --Leonard Cohen

Piglet

Oct 5, 1993, 11:41:37 AM10/5/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu>,

Elizabeth Abrams <dia...@acpub.duke.edu> wrote:
>In article <28ph44$j...@panix.com> pig...@panix.com (Piglet) writes:
>>In article <1993Sep27.1...@ast.saic.com>,
>>Lynn <do...@ast.saic.com> wrote:
>>>There are a few compelling reasons to want to live in the US South.
>>>(Besides the fact that Diamond lives in the south.)

>>Second.

>Does this mean that you second the notion that my presence in the South
>is a goodn reason to want to live here, or does it mean that I come second
>to the cream gravy?

My dear wife! I am shocked, nay, shocked and stunned that you might
take my remark awry! You are a _most_ compelling reason to live in
the South. You are a particularly compelling reason to live in Durham
(which was suggested the other day as a good place for me to move, btw,
by a complete stranger to the net).

You topped by cream gravy is an, um, er, never mind.

Piglet, wondering if she should have used a different verb

Lynn

Oct 5, 1993, 4:42:17 PM10/5/93
pig...@panix.com (Piglet) typed to the world:

I think we need another Tboink. And soon. We must find out how cream
gravy compares to various kinds of chocolate and fudge toppings or
bottomings or something.

Lynn (What else can we teach the birds to say?)
--
Ring the Living Bell. Shine the Living Light. --Melanie

Seth Breidbart

Oct 5, 1993, 7:05:07 PM10/5/93
In article <28s4jh$1...@panix.com>, Piglet <pig...@panix.com> wrote:
[to Beth]

>You topped by cream gravy is an, um, er, never mind.
>
>Piglet, wondering if she should have used a different verb

Maybe, but then you wouldn't be able to sell nearly as many tickets.

Seth

Larry Billings

Oct 6, 1993, 10:06:12 AM10/6/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu>, dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
> In article <28ph44$j...@panix.com> pig...@panix.com (Piglet) writes:
> >In article <1993Sep27.1...@ast.saic.com>,
> >Lynn <do...@ast.saic.com> wrote:
> >>There are a few compelling reasons to want to live in the US South.
> >>(Besides the fact that Diamond lives in the south.)
> >
> >Second.
>
> Does this mean that you second the notion that my presence in the South
> is a goodn reason to want to live here, or does it mean that I come second
> to the cream gravy?

Or maybe she justs thinks there should be a second Diamond.

If thats the case, I'll second that.

--
Larry
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year,

Elizabeth Abrams

Oct 6, 1993, 1:47:48 PM10/6/93
In article <1993Oct5.2...@ast.saic.com> do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:
>pig...@panix.com (Piglet) typed to the world:
>>In article <21...@news.duke.edu>,
>>My dear wife! I am shocked, nay, shocked and stunned that you might
>>take my remark awry! You are a _most_ compelling reason to live in
>>the South. You are a particularly compelling reason to live in Durham
>>(which was suggested the other day as a good place for me to move, btw,
>>by a complete stranger to the net).
>>
>>You topped by cream gravy is an, um, er, never mind.

Piglet, you tease, you. :-)

>I think we need another Tboink. And soon. We must find out how cream
>gravy compares to various kinds of chocolate and fudge toppings or
>bottomings or something.
>
>Lynn (What else can we teach the birds to say?)

More to the point, what can you teach my new apartmentmate to say?

--Diamond (whose bird says quite enough
already, thanks)

Lynn

Oct 6, 1993, 4:49:12 PM10/6/93
dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) typed to the world:

>>I think we need another Tboink. And soon. We must find out how cream
>>gravy compares to various kinds of chocolate and fudge toppings or
>>bottomings or something.
>>
>>Lynn (What else can we teach the birds to say?)
>
>More to the point, what can you teach my new apartmentmate to say?

If we can't get your new apartmentmate to say "Oh my!" or "Oh my god"
or (better yet) "Can I do that too?" we will have to turn in our
Cabal robes.

Lynn

Larry Billings

Oct 7, 1993, 11:05:35 AM10/7/93
In article <1993Oct5.2...@ast.saic.com>, do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:

> I think we need another Tboink. And soon. We must find out how cream
> gravy compares to various kinds of chocolate and fudge toppings or
> bottomings or something.

YES, now chant with me TBOINK! TBOINK! TBOINK!

> Lynn (What else can we teach the birds to say?)

Only another TBOINK will tell.

--
I've been out to the mountains, I've walked down by the sea, * Larry Billings
I never questioned no one, and no one questioned me. * My words not

Larry Billings

Oct 8, 1993, 10:47:43 AM10/8/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu>, dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
> In article <1993Oct5.2...@ast.saic.com> do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:
> >
> >Lynn (What else can we teach the birds to say?)
>
> More to the point, what can you teach my new apartmentmate to say?

Need more data on apartmentmate before making predictions.

> --Diamond (whose bird says quite enough
> already, thanks)

but not necessarily when or what you want them to, right?

Larry Billings

Oct 8, 1993, 10:48:43 AM10/8/93
In article <1993Oct6.2...@ast.saic.com>, do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:

> If we can't get your new apartmentmate to say "Oh my!" or "Oh my god"
> or (better yet) "Can I do that too?" we will have to turn in our
> Cabal robes.

THERE IS NO CABAL!

> Lynn

Elizabeth Abrams

Oct 8, 1993, 1:46:45 PM10/8/93

>If we can't get your new apartmentmate to say "Oh my!" or "Oh my god"
>or (better yet) "Can I do that too?" we will have to turn in our
>Cabal robes.

We get ROBES? Jeez, this is what I get for not paying my dues. I don't
even get the newsletter any more.

--Diamond

Elizabeth Abrams

Oct 8, 1993, 1:49:12 PM10/8/93
In article <1993Oct7.1...@b8.b8.ingr.com> lcbi...@b8.b8.ingr.com (Larry Billings) writes:

>Only another TBOINK will tell.

I'm still looking forward to the possiblity of a Colorado Boink (Trygve,
is there a proposed name for this proposed boink yet? A good Boink's
gotta have a good name). I've never been west of- let's see, probably
Buffalo, New York, so it'd be an interesting experience.

--Diamond (seen England, seen France, seen
Canada, never seen California)

Daniel Banyas

Oct 8, 1993, 2:04:29 PM10/8/93
In article <1993Oct8.1...@b8.b8.ingr.com>, lcbi...@b8.b8.ingr.com (Larry Billings) writes:
|> In article <1993Oct6.2...@ast.saic.com>, do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:
|> >
|> > If we can't get your new apartmentmate to say "Oh my!" or "Oh my god"
|> > or (better yet) "Can I do that too?" we will have to turn in our
|> > Cabal robes.
|>
|> THERE IS NO CABAL!

Give it time - soon AT&T will be sending cabal signals to EVERY home.

--
Danno - da...@is.morgan.com -

And I can't wait!

Piglet

Oct 8, 1993, 3:53:48 PM10/8/93

Lynn <do...@ast.saic.com> wrote:
>If we can't get your new apartmentmate to say "Oh my!" or "Oh my god"
>or (better yet) "Can I do that too?" we will have to turn in our
>Cabal robes.

And if we can get hir to say "Oh, my Charlie!" then we'll really
have succeeded.

Piglet

Charles R. Martin

Oct 8, 1993, 12:06:05 PM10/8/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu> dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:

In article <1993Oct6.2...@ast.saic.com> do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:

>If we can't get your new apartmentmate to say "Oh my!" or "Oh my god"
>or (better yet) "Can I do that too?" we will have to turn in our
>Cabal robes.

We get ROBES? Jeez, this is what I get for not paying my dues. I don't
even get the newsletter any more.

Actually, we decided in your case that you didn't *need* a robe.

I'm still trying to figure out why mine came with a paper bag with eye
holes.
--
Charles R. Martin/(Charlie)/mar...@cs.unc.edu/CB #3175 UNC-CH/Chapel Hill, NC
27599-3175/3611 University Dr #13M/Durham, NC 27707/(919) 419 1754(home)/ In

Gene Golovchinsky

Oct 8, 1993, 6:12:57 PM10/8/93
lcbi...@b8.b8.ingr.com (Larry Billings) writes:

>THERE IS NO CABAL!

Read his lips.

2

Tony Q.

Oct 9, 1993, 1:42:01 PM10/9/93
dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
> do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:

>> [...] we will have to turn in our Cabal robes.

> We get ROBES? Jeez, this is what I get for not paying my dues.

The rest of us get robes. We figured you looked better without any.
Now, if we could just do the same for the brassiare...

(Is it "diamond in the rough" or "Diamond in the raw" that's used as
a compliment ?)

--
Tony Quirke, Wellington, New Zealand. (email for phone no).
"She's everybody's sister / She's symbolic of our failure

Lynn

Oct 8, 1993, 9:49:38 PM10/8/93
gol...@prim.rose.utoronto.ca (Gene Golovchinsky) typed to the world:

>lcbi...@b8.b8.ingr.com (Larry Billings) writes:
>
>>THERE IS NO CABAL!
>
>Read his lips.

You have to move the robe hood first.

lynn

--
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
that is where they should be. Now build foundations under them.

trygve lode

Oct 10, 1993, 11:10:43 AM10/10/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu> dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:

>I'm still looking forward to the possiblity of a Colorado Boink (Trygve,
>is there a proposed name for this proposed boink yet? A good Boink's
>gotta have a good name). I've never been west of- let's see, probably
>Buffalo, New York, so it'd be an interesting experience.

Dunno--there's always DenverBoink and MileHighBoink (where you can get
into the mile high club without even leaving the ground); but if you'll
be there, perhaps I ought to call it the DiamondBoink, since that'll
probably double the attendance.
--
Trygve Lode | 3270 Cherryridge Road, Englewood, CO 80110 | (303) 781-6309
Want a copy of the soc.singles FAQ? Send mail to tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu
Send SASE for your free copy of the Unnatural Enquirer

Elizabeth Abrams

Oct 11, 1993, 10:02:28 AM10/11/93
In article <1993Oct9...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz> quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Tony Q.) writes:
>dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:

> The rest of us get robes. We figured you looked better without any.
> Now, if we could just do the same for the brassiare...
>
> (Is it "diamond in the rough" or "Diamond in the raw" that's used as
>a compliment ?)

Oh, that's all right then. However, I'm definitely holding out for
sandals with the Cabal insignia on the buckles.

Elizabeth Abrams

Oct 11, 1993, 10:07:09 AM10/11/93
In article <1993Oct10....@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> tl...@nyx.cs.du.edu (trygve lode) writes:

>Dunno--there's always DenverBoink and MileHighBoink (where you can get
>into the mile high club without even leaving the ground); but if you'll
>be there, perhaps I ought to call it the DiamondBoink, since that'll
>probably double the attendance.

Oh, hell. Now I *have* to be there. Hmm, it's clearly time for me to
figure out how to make some money. Anyone got any investment capital
going to waste?

--Diamond

Daniel Banyas

Oct 11, 1993, 12:35:21 PM10/11/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu>, dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
|> In article <1993Oct7.1...@b8.b8.ingr.com> lcbi...@b8.b8.ingr.com (Larry Billings) writes:
|>
|> >Only another TBOINK will tell.
|>
|> I'm still looking forward to the possiblity of a Colorado Boink (Trygve,
|> is there a proposed name for this proposed boink yet? A good Boink's
|> gotta have a good name). I've never been west of- let's see, probably
|> Buffalo, New York, so it'd be an interesting experience.
|>
|> --Diamond (seen England, seen France, seen
|> Canada, never seen California)

Don't you ever wonder what the rest of your own country is like? Don't
you think that MAYBE somewhere out there are people, places and things
worth seeing?

France before Kentucky? England before New Mexico? Canada before Iowa?

Oi.

Larry Billings

Oct 11, 1993, 9:32:55 AM10/11/93
In article <1993Oct9...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz>, quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Tony Q.) writes:
> dia...@acpub.duke.edu (Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
> > do...@ast.saic.com (Lynn) writes:
>
> >> [...] we will have to turn in our Cabal robes.
>
> > We get ROBES? Jeez, this is what I get for not paying my dues.
>
> The rest of us get robes. We figured you looked better without any.
> Now, if we could just do the same for the brassiare...
>
> (Is it "diamond in the rough" or "Diamond in the raw" that's used as
> a compliment ?)

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Either one is pretty damn good.

> Tony Quirke, Wellington, New Zealand. (email for phone no).

--
And Antila raised the hand gernade on high saying, * My boss never listens
"OH lord, bless this thy hand gernade, for with it * to what I say, Why

alix

Oct 11, 1993, 12:55:16 PM10/11/93
Elizabeth Abrams <dia...@acpub.duke.edu> writes:

>Oh, that's all right then. However, I'm definitely holding out for
>sandals with the Cabal insignia on the buckles.

well, if you just wander on over to charlie's, there are my
cabal sandals, probably growing mold by now -- feel free to
borrow them.

-alix

Piglet

Oct 11, 1993, 3:44:05 PM10/11/93
In article <1993Oct11....@b8.b8.ingr.com>,

Larry Billings <lcbi...@b8.b8.ingr.com> wrote:
>In article <1993Oct9...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz>, quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Tony Q.) writes:
>> (Is it "diamond in the rough" or "Diamond in the raw" ... ?)

>6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Either one is pretty damn good.

Ha! You wish.

Piglet DIBS!!!

Paul Wallich

Oct 11, 1993, 4:15:29 PM10/11/93

Well, the rough is generally where one gets grass stains.

>Piglet DIBS!!!

No fair! You already got five.

paul

Seth Breidbart

Oct 11, 1993, 8:59:51 PM10/11/93
In article <21...@news.duke.edu>,
Elizabeth Abrams <dia...@acpub.duke.edu> wrote:

> --Diamond (seen England, seen France, seen

Yes, go on.
> Canada, never seen California)

That's not how I learned it in first grade :-)

Seth

Lynn

Oct 11, 1993, 7:54:51 PM10/11/93
p...@panix.com (Paul Wallich) typed to the world:

>>>6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Either one is pretty damn good.
>>
>>Ha! You wish.
>
>Well, the rough is generally where one gets grass stains.
>
>>Piglet DIBS!!!
>
>No fair! You already got five.

Diamond is one of the five.

Lynn (and I think it is six, now.)

--
Nothing astonishes someone so much as common sense and plain dealing.

Tony Q.

Oct 12, 1993, 4:04:39 PM10/12/93
(Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
> quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Tony Q.) writes:

>> The rest of us get robes. We figured you looked better without any.
>> Now, if we could just do the same for the brassiare...

> Oh, that's all right then. However, I'm definitely holding out for

> sandals with the Cabal insignia on the buckles.

Oh, that's fine. We wouldn't want you to get prickles in the soles of
your feet. However other clothing is unnecessary, since you're not expected
to be rolling in the grass (*) (**).

--
Tony Quirke, Wellington, New Zealand. (email for phone no).
"She's everybody's sister / She's symbolic of our failure
She's the one in fifty million / Who can help us to be free
Because she died on TV..." - Roger Waters

(*) A comment about hay instead springs to mind...

(**) And if you're worried about the sun, we have some SPF15 sun-block here
too. I'm even willing to spread it on for you. Isn't that kind of me ?

alix

Oct 12, 1993, 7:43:56 AM10/12/93
Tony Q. <quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz> writes:

>(Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
>> quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Tony Q.) writes:
>
>>> The rest of us get robes. We figured you looked better without any.
>>> Now, if we could just do the same for the brassiare...
>
>> Oh, that's all right then. However, I'm definitely holding out for
>> sandals with the Cabal insignia on the buckles.
>
> Oh, that's fine. We wouldn't want you to get prickles in the soles of
>your feet. However other clothing is unnecessary, since you're not expected
>to be rolling in the grass (*) (**).
>
>(*) A comment about hay instead springs to mind...

not to interfere with your flirt here, but trust me, rolling in
the hay without any clothing is _not_ a seductive idea for this
here farm-experienced person. you might want to incorporate some
velvet at this point.

>(**) And if you're worried about the sun, we have some SPF15 sun-block here
> too. I'm even willing to spread it on for you. Isn't that kind of me ?

-a *is for auspicious*

Larry Billings

Oct 12, 1993, 10:51:41 AM10/12/93

YES YES HELL YES

Next Question?

> Danno - da...@is.morgan.com -

:) just in case

Larry Billings

Oct 12, 1993, 10:53:58 AM10/12/93

And I'm not the only one.

> Piglet DIBS!!!

You're already married to one of them, I guess we are going to be forced
to drop the "let". :)

Larry Billings

Oct 12, 1993, 12:10:57 PM10/12/93
(Elizabeth Abrams) writes:
> quir...@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Tony Q.) writes:

>> The rest of us get robes. We figured you looked better without any.
>> Now, if we could just do the same for the brassiare...

> Oh, that's all right then. However, I'm definitely holding out for
> sandals with the Cabal insignia on the buckles.

I'd like to see you in a two peice outfit, sandals! :)

Diane Reichard

Oct 13, 1993, 3:54:48 PM10/13/93

In article <1993Oct11.1...@is.morgan.com>, da...@nyis138.NoSubdomain.NoDomain (Daniel Banyas) writes:

Kentucky, maybe. New Mexico, yes. Iowa? Been there, done that...BLEAHHH!

Diane

Richard T Hickling

Oct 18, 1993, 10:05:17 AM10/18/93
In article <1993Oct13.1...@nb.rockwell.com> reic...@nb.rockwell.com (Diane Reichard) writes:

>> Don't you ever wonder what the rest of your own country is like? Don't
>> you think that MAYBE somewhere out there are people, places and things
>> worth seeing?
>> France before Kentucky? England before New Mexico? Canada before Iowa?
>>
>> Oi.
>> --
>> Danno - da...@is.morgan.com -
>
>Kentucky, maybe. New Mexico, yes. Iowa? Been there, done that...BLEAHHH!
>
>Diane

Can Kentucky possibly rival (or even come close to) France?
Reluctantly I would have to ask the same about England/New Mexico as long as
you don't stay too long in England.
Where the hell's Iowa?

--
Richard Hickling,
CRC Epidem.

Gene Golovchinsky

Oct 18, 1993, 11:24:32 AM10/18/93
kin...@black.ox.ac.uk (Richard T Hickling) writes:

>Where the hell's Iowa?

Right in the middle of it.

2

Dr. Brat

Oct 18, 1993, 1:47:19 PM10/18/93

Yes, actually, parts of Kentucky can certainly rival France. Ever been there?
Don't knock it. England is wonderful, but I would say that if you are
looking for spectacular, New Mexico is a better bet. This thread REEKS of
geographic elitism and it doesn't sound like most of the people who are
comparing parts of the States unfavorably to parts of Europe have spent much
time either place. I would much rather hang out in Lexington, KY, than in
the Pas-de-Calais. I have had some of the finest meals Europe can offer
but they don't come close in quality (or price) to the offerings of a tiny
little place called the Story Inn at a crossroads called Story, IN. You
like the Cottswolds, I do too, but I wouldn't say they are inherently
better than the Berkshires. Paris is wonderful, but it isn't Boston. ALL
of these places are worth exploring and this thread is just plain dumb.

Elizabeth (who would never recommend Dayton to a tourist, but has never
encountered a nicer place to live (then again, the Air Force
Museum is worth the trip...)).

Charles R. Martin

Oct 18, 1993, 9:10:52 AM10/18/93

Tautologically.

--
Charles R. Martin/(Charlie)/mar...@cs.unc.edu/CB #3175 UNC-CH/Chapel Hill, NC

27599-3175/3611 University Dr #13M/Durham, NC 27707/(919) 419 1754(home)/ But
there will be no lasting peace, nor any possibility of a just peace, until all
lands where the people are ruled, exploited and governed by any government
whatsoever against their consent are given their freedom. -- Hemingway