Startled watching an OLD old OLD movie

zprymantis

Sep 26, 2006, 8:45:00 AM9/26/06
I was laying around flipping channels recently, and came across an old
movie on TCM channel. I found out later (thanks to a Spank School
friend who investigated for me ) that the movie was called

The Night of the Hunter

The movie had a spanking in it! There was a scene immediately before
the spanking, where the lady who cared for orphans was sort of guiding
two children (a boy and his younger sister) toward her home, along
the banks of the river. (They had just floated down the river in a
rowboat to escape from the man who murdered their mother and she found
them) She was threatening them with a switch, but the impression
given is that the lady was very kind, although strict and fair. In
the next scene she is scrubbing them clean, and the boy attempts to
flee. She grabs him up and gives him an over the knee spanking.
Now... my memory blurrs during spankings that that I see, as I get
rather excited and embarrassed, so -I am not sure if you actually SEE
the spanking, or just the top of her head, her hand raising up and
down, and perhaps his head and feet sticking out from sides. This
movie was filmed in a very artsy sort of way, with odd camera angles,
especially for the year, which I later found out was 1955. So if I am
remembering correctly, there is a bush, or the wash basin, or something
- that is blocking the view of the spanking. They sort of run around
behind this object, and then it happens.

So - here is the synopsis of the movie.

http://www.filmsite.org/nightof.html

This is very thourough account of the entire film, but does not mention
the spanking at all.... which I found amusing.

:)

Denny

Sep 26, 2006, 10:55:06 AM9/26/06
I remember MANY years ago, someone either in this group on somewhere on
the web had complied a list of spanking scenes in vanilla movies. Many
hard disk crashes ago I had a copy of that list. Does anyone else
remember it? Does anyone have a copy?

Denny

.

mitch_otk

Sep 26, 2006, 11:18:45 AM9/26/06
I don't have or recall the list, but I did recently see Uma Thurman cane
a lad with her sword during a fight scene in Kill Bill: Vol. 1. I had
never seen the movie until it aired last week, so I was caught off-guard.

mitch

Mr. Shiny

Sep 26, 2006, 9:56:50 PM9/26/06
Denny wrote:
> I remember MANY years ago, someone either in this group on somewhere on
> the web had complied a list of spanking scenes in vanilla movies. Many
> hard disk crashes ago I had a copy of that list. Does anyone else
> remember it? Does anyone have a copy?
>
> Denny

Is this it? Part of CF Pub's website - BostnBob list of spanking in movies:

http://www.cfpub.com/list.html

Shiny

ravenred

Sep 27, 2006, 6:41:14 PM9/27/06

Thank you for the site. I found two of my all time vanilla favorites.
I couldn't remember the names of the movies but I did once I saw them.
It's very odd because way back then I thought I was the only person
whose breath quickened a bit upon watching a spanking scene and had
actually taped the movie to watch over and over again. My favorites
were: "Macauley's Daughter", set in Austraila, sheep, hot sexy man with
a wonderful Austrailian accent, OTK his absolutely bratty daughter and,
"A Son's Promise", older brother giving his younger brother twelve or
maybe tweanty strokes with a belt, it was great!

thanks again, going to try to find them!

Raven

Denny

Sep 28, 2006, 5:20:21 PM9/28/06
I'm impressed! This is either the list I remember or one just as good.
Thanks

.

Katharine164

Sep 30, 2006, 3:13:06 AM9/30/06
I actually have a dvd of that movie, not because of the spanking. You
know I hate spanking children. But I saw it on TV as a child and
throught it was one of the most frightening movies I had ever seen in
my life. I loved it. The boys is spanked, not hard, behind a bush.

Katharine

zprymantis

Sep 30, 2006, 12:22:08 PM9/30/06
On 2006-09-30 03:13:06 -0400, "Katharine164" <Kathar...@aol.com> said:

> I actually have a dvd of that movie, not because of the spanking. You
> know I hate spanking children. But I saw it on TV as a child and
> throught it was one of the most frightening movies I had ever seen in
> my life. I loved it. The boys is spanked, not hard, behind a bush.
>
> Katharine

It was a very haunting type of movie. In some ways, I found it to be
very corny - especially how the actors would speak directly to the
camera at times. .. yet something about the movie had me watching it,
when I could have easily flipped right past it and moved onto something
else. It was very scary and creepy!

It is interesting to me, how the spanking was given by the woman in the
movie who was "good and kind" and as a spanko who admittadly does
have a fascination with children being spanked - and that entire
"orphan" thing, like Oliver Twist - this movie captured my attention
immediately. Even without the spanking in it, the orphan/abuse thing,
and the kids being main characters of the movie I couldnt turn away
.....even with all the corny religious soliloquies. ... or maybe
because of them. I was sort of watching the movie with a surprised and
horrified expression on my face!

The link I posted mentioned that the movie got very little recognition
at the time and was a flop at the box office but was later deemed to be
a movie well ahead of it's time. I have to agree.

:)

Katharine164

Sep 30, 2006, 8:54:02 PM9/30/06
The "corny" parts of the movie are due to the era it portrays and the
era it was made. When I was girl, religious belief was considered the
source of morality. Some people still think so. At that time it was
also believed that good and caring caregivers spanked children from
kindness because they thought that was what the Bible meant. Since that
time social science has shown that there are more positive and
constructive ways to deal with children.

What is so fascinating about that movie is that it is plot driven.
Today's movies seem to be rarely as much plot driven as sensation
driven. I prefer a good story to anything else.

Another story with an unexpected spanking is The Magnificent Seven. I
think it's one of the best movies ever made. It's about being a person
of honor even when all odds are against you. I also like that at the
end, it's the villagers who save themselves, not the men who came to
save them. Empowering those who do the work, that's a theme that is
missing from a lot of movies about heroes. But in the Magnificent
Seven, in the end the real people are the real heroes. I love that.

Anyway, the spanking scene is when one of the boys says that their
fathers are cowards. Charels Bronson spanks him and then lecures the
boys on how much courage it takes to be a father. I find that extremely
moving.

Katharine

Tony Elka

Sep 30, 2006, 10:33:09 PM9/30/06
In article <1159664042.5...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Katharine164" <Kathar...@aol.com> wrote:

> Another story with an unexpected spanking is The Magnificent Seven. I
> think it's one of the best movies ever made. It's about being a person
> of honor even when all odds are against you. I also like that at the
> end, it's the villagers who save themselves, not the men who came to
> save them. Empowering those who do the work, that's a theme that is
> missing from a lot of movies about heroes. But in the Magnificent
> Seven, in the end the real people are the real heroes. I love that.

If you enjoyed that film, I highly recommend you see the one it was
based upon, 'The Seven Samurai', directed by Akira Kurosawa and starring
Toshiro Mifune.

Oddly enough, it was another Kurosawa film, 'The Hidden Fortress' that
was a partial inspiration for George Lucas original 'Star Wars' film,
take a look here if interested:
http://www.spookybug.com/origins/kurosawa.html

Tony

News Admin

Oct 1, 2006, 11:37:12 AM10/1/06
On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:33:09 -0700, Tony Elka
<shado...@shadowlane.com> wrote:

>If you enjoyed that film, I highly recommend you see the one it was
>based upon, 'The Seven Samurai', directed by Akira Kurosawa and starring
>Toshiro Mifune.

I love the movie Battle Beyond the Stars which is really the
Magnificent Seven in space :-) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080421/

domino

Tony Elka

Oct 1, 2006, 1:18:01 PM10/1/06
In article <22ovh2p7gik5iu3ue...@4ax.com>,
"News Admin" <ne...@news.demon.net> wrote:

According to the site you referenced, actor Robert Vaughn essentially
plays the same role in both films! But he'll always be 'Napoleon
Solo' to me.

I have to see this one, gonna make it a Blockbuster night if they have
it.

Tony