The Longest Yard (M/m)

Quixotoes (Ted)

Oct 24, 2007, 11:25:32 PM10/24/07
It was the week before Thanksgiving and Robert was a little
apprehensive, because as good a student as he was, he was not used to
public speaking. And tonight he would have to say a few words at the
fall "Achievement Honors" program at school. He also had fallen behind
on his weekly chore of raking and generally policing the yard.

He was going to have done it last Sunday, but somehow time had gotten
away from him. And because he didn't want to be grounded next weekend,
Robert planned to work really fast on the yard as soon as he got home
from school on Wednesday. Now that he was told he would be honored
tonight, he didn't know how he was going to get everything done. As it
turned out, a grounding next weekend might have been preferable to
what happened.

Typically, Robert planned pretty well, rarely turning in schoolwork
late and taking care to do his papers and homework assignments with
the precision of a mohel working in a roller coaster. But he still had
a 12-year-old's distorted view of what it takes to do a large,
physical job, especially being a little undersized for his age. It was
taking longer than planned and even in the crisp fall air, Robert
began sweating from hauling bags of mulch, returning time and again to
the tool shed for the right implement, fighting to spool up the 100-
foot length of hose for the winter. Then there was digging, uprooting,
raking and bagging.

It was 5:30 and getting dark when Mom returned from work and saw her
boy covered in mud and sweat. "Look at you! You've been out playing!
You were supposed to be in your room studying!"

"I WASN'T PLAYING!" he shouted. "I was doin' the yard! And it took
longer than I thought."

"You thought this, you thought that! The problem is you do not think!"
his mother scolded as they stood jaw-to-bosom on the walkway leading
to the house. "And I don't think I care for your tone of voice," young
man. "I think I might need to ask your uncle to have a word or two
with you."

This discussion was going nowhere faster than Britnicolesay entering
and leaving rehab.

So, Robert brushed past his mother and headed upstairs to his room,
slammed the door, took a shower and put on a decent shirt and pair of
slacks for the school program.

By then, Uncle Derek, who lived only blocks away and was like a father
to him since his dad passed away four years ago, was casually leaning
in the bedroom doorway.

"Hi, Uncle Derek. 'Sup?" Robert asked glumly, afraid he knew the
answer.

"Well, son, I thought I might be 'helpful' about this problem you are
having with your mother. She works too hard all day to have to put up
with your attitude when she gets home."

"I'm sorry! I've been tryin' to be good," Robert offered in his own
defense, before reverting to his family's Republican roots and going
on offense. "She gets all over me for nuthin'!!! For nuthin'!!! She
got mad cuz I spruced up the yard and I misunderestimated how long it
would take. And she was gonna ground me for next weekend if I didn't
get it done."

"Well," Derek pointed out, "Your mother had instructed you to come
home, change clothes and get your homework out of the way. "We are
proud of your grades at school, but not listening and not doing things
right has consequences in this world. You still need to learn that,"
he said with ominous sorrow. "You need to be taught that, too. Along
with some respect for your mother."

The boy's eyes started to water as he saw Mom enter and Uncle Derek
close the bedroom door. "I hate you guys," he blurted. "I don't do
drugs or steal or listen to hip hop. I do everything you want and I
still get treated like a kid."

The belt was already off Uncle Derek's pants when he took the boy and
undid his belt, too, then lowered the slacks. Robert glared at his
mother, who glared back and told him, "It is exactly that look and
attitude that go you in this situation in the first place."

Whining and trying hard to stay in control, he protested further, to
absolutely zero avail. "Everyone else I know does bad stuff but I
don't! And no one else gets spanked."

Uncle Derek took a little pity as he completed taking the boy's pants
down, holding the boy by the shoulders and telling him quietly but
firmly, "We both care about you and the man you grow to be. A man has
to understand responsibility and you seem to be having a hard time
understanding that."

Turning toward Mom, Robert tendered a final plea. "But what about all
the good stuff I do?" And she pronounced the case closed: "You know
very well how much what you do is appreciated. But I am not in the
mood to argue."

Given his sister-in-law's presence and his intent on being fair, Uncle
Derek decided to leave his nephew's underpants in place as he propped
a leg on the bed and pulled the boy forward, chest pressed against the
side of his thigh.

It was a good little whipping, hard enough to produce tears, remorse,
promises of reform and an annoying burn sequence when he sat and
walked for the next few hours.

And when he accepted the "Lisa Nowak Outstanding Young Scientist
Award," Robert had no trouble crafting the speech had worried about.
"It feels good to be standing here tonight..."
# # #

This and more can be found at "Ted's Excellent Adventures"
http://www.quixotoes.blogspot.com

Natty

Oct 25, 2007, 5:26:51 AM10/25/07
Quixotoes (Ted) wrote:

> "I'm sorry! I've been tryin' to be good," Robert offered in his own
> defense, before reverting to his family's Republican roots and going
> on offense. "She gets all over me for nuthin'!!! For nuthin'!!! She
> got mad cuz I spruced up the yard and I misunderestimated how long it
> would take. And she was gonna ground me for next weekend if I didn't
> get it done."

Gee, that wouldn't sound like any Republican in the White House at
all... ;-)

Enjoyed this very nice story with a clever closing line. Though I
couldn't help but feel for poor Robert as he does sound like a very good
boy. Parents can be so unreasonable, ya know? ::grin::

Natty

--
Natty's Spanking Blog at http://nattyspanked.blogspot.com

F.S.

Oct 25, 2007, 1:30:55 PM10/25/07
"Quixotoes (Ted)" <quix...@aol.com> wrote in news:1193282732.118952.59000
@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

> It was the week before Thanksgiving and Robert was a little
> apprehensive, because as good a student as he was, he was not used to
> public speaking. And tonight he would have to say a few words at the
> fall "Achievement Honors" program at school. He also had fallen behind
> on his weekly chore of raking and generally policing the yard.
>

> This and more can be found at "Ted's Excellent Adventures"
> http://www.quixotoes.blogspot.com

Excellent story...but Uncle Derek sucks.