Shaving?

1 view

a random person

Jun 17, 2003, 5:08:25 AM6/17/03
For the last little while, I've been interested in seeing my wife
shave herself down there. She doesn't really want to, because she's
worried about the feeling of stubble when the hair starts growing back
(that is, she thinks it's going to feel like my face when it starts
growing back). Will this happen? Is there anything else that we
should know about it?

illecebra

Jun 17, 2003, 3:34:45 PM6/17/03
No, it doesn't feel (to me anyway) like a man's beard stubble, but
it's really a YMMV thing. Perhaps you could talk her into trying it
once with the understanding that you wouldn't push her to keep the
shave if she didn't like it?

My hubby opts for trimmed, not clean-shaven because he thinks that the
grow-back is uncomfortable. He did try the shave once to humor me,
though. The only time I've given up my shave since I first tried it
as a young teen was when I was too pregnant to bend far enough to do
it. =P I love it.

Susan

In <75f2185.03061...@posting.google.com> on Tue, 17 Jun

Sarah

Jun 17, 2003, 6:08:22 PM6/17/03

Here's how pubic shaving works for me. I am not typical, but some
people react the way I do. It's possible your wife may be one of them.

Day 0. The Shave.
Not too difficult, especially for someone who's been shaving their
armpits for several years. At least there're not a lot of funny curves
to get through. Follow up with an astringent aftershave lotion. Pat
dry.

Day 0 continued. The Nookie :)
Husband went out of his mind with excitement. Sex was nice and felt a
little different, but I think most of the difference was probably
mental.

Day 1. The Aftermath.
By the time I woke up next morning I was feeling a little... not
right. My pubes were *hot*, and not in a good way. When I looked the
whole shaved area was covered (smothered) in bright red bumps. Some
had tiny pussy heads.

Day 2. The Aftermath continued.
By the second day post shave wearing clothes was extremely
uncomfortable. Walking was an agony of itching and burning. All the
hair follicles in the shaved area were hot, red pimple-like
infections. Many of them had sharp *sharp* ends of hair poking through
the skin.

Day 3.
By this time I didn;t want to get up. Walking made me want to cry. I
spent several hours in bed with a pin that I held in a lighter flame
for thirty seconds, then popped the worst of the pimples with. I'd
then resterilise it and go "digging" ( a matter of a couple of
millimeters, but it felt like *inches*) for ingrown hairs. Either this
helped a lot, or the time of unpleasantness had almost run it's
course.

Over the next 4 or so days things got better each day. New
pimple/ingrown hair/infections kept popping up,and I dealt with them
one by one (always remembering to sterilise my pin).

By the end of ... a week? ... maybe a week and a half I was
comfortable again but I was covered with short hairs and red marks.

My recommendation is, if your wife is agreeable, to go to a salon
where they will wax her pubic area free of hair, or for the two of you
to buy a waxing kit and wax her together.

You still get some ingrown hairs, but the irritation is much, much
less.

Hope this helps,

--
*hugs*

Sarah
SMoMaDiWi/@St/FeAu A~30 W+:- H:+ w++ h D+ E++
P53.2 ag++r++ Ar++(---) b B !Bs cg+r+++++ C+++++ Cd Co dg++r+
?Dig-r+++ e f++ F Fig?+r+++++++ g i+++++ ?I---- k+++++ m++ Ma+++++ n p+
!P Pi--- r+ sg+++r- S !Sc Sw---- t T+>(+++++) wa !Wa

Chris W

Jun 18, 2003, 3:48:12 AM6/18/03
What about the area where the outer labia curve around the top of the clit?
Theres hairs there and they aint easy or pleasant to shave or wax I've
heard. Hair removing cream works well but feels odd im told.

CW

---

Sarah

Jun 18, 2003, 5:04:47 AM6/18/03
"Chris W" <er...@swish.com> said:

>What about the area where the outer labia curve around the top of the clit?

Yep, that's the worst bit... not so much with the actual shaving as
with the new regrowth. Ow.

>Theres hairs there and they aint easy or pleasant to shave or wax I've
>heard.

>Hair removing cream works well but feels odd im told.

Test it very carefully on a tiny but sensitive bit... the inside of
your elbow or knee *might* be sensitive enough.

Many people get very very irritated skin with hair removal cream.

Michael

Jun 18, 2003, 9:13:34 AM6/18/03
IMO,
The most overlooked part of the whole shaving thing is that you have
to shave in the right direction. If you shave against the grain you
are in for some pain. Thats my little moto. You have to take your time
and go with the direction the hairs tend to lay in. Thats what has
helped my wife, and me with things. At first we were miserable till we
figured this out. Now we shave each other and have fun with it. No
problems afterwards now either. No bumps, burning, ingrown hairs, etc.
The only issue is that the shave is not as close so you have to just
be patient, and keep doing it over time, and you have to shave a bit
more often, but its worth it.

a random person

Jun 18, 2003, 10:12:55 AM6/18/03
illecebra <vyyrpro...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<7r5vev8dgkabbri74...@4ax.com>...

> No, it doesn't feel (to me anyway) like a man's beard stubble, but
> it's really a YMMV thing. Perhaps you could talk her into trying it
> once with the understanding that you wouldn't push her to keep the
> shave if she didn't like it?

The problem is that most places that talk about shaving generally
mention it takes a month to get the area to the point where it's
comfortable to maintain without irritation. A process that long is a
bit hard to sell :(

> My hubby opts for trimmed, not clean-shaven because he thinks that the
> grow-back is uncomfortable. He did try the shave once to humor me,
> though. The only time I've given up my shave since I first tried it
> as a young teen was when I was too pregnant to bend far enough to do
> it. =P I love it.

I'd shave for her, if she wanted me to -- but it's the same thing.
She's afraid that if I do, the stubble there is going to make things
painful for her.

> Susan

Thanks.

Elisobella

Jun 18, 2003, 12:47:18 PM6/18/03
random...@excite.com (a random person) wrote in message news:<75f2185.03061...@posting.google.com>...

My one experience with shaving my pubes has not seen me do it again.
As for feeling extra sensitive 'down there', more sexually receptive,
well, it didn't really. The next few days, when the hair started
growing back, were very unpleasant. Itchy, itchy, itchy.

a random person

Jun 18, 2003, 12:47:36 PM6/18/03
Sarah <sarah_cha...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:<9f3vev8a54omcv08c...@4ax.com>...

> random...@excite.com (a random person) said:
> My recommendation is, if your wife is agreeable, to go to a salon
> where they will wax her pubic area free of hair, or for the two of you
> to buy a waxing kit and wax her together.

I've heard that waxing is much more painful than shaving, though.
That might not go over (I'd love to take her to a salon to get waxed,
but I don't think she'd enjoy it).

> You still get some ingrown hairs, but the irritation is much, much
> less.

I'll keep it in mind :)

> Hope this helps,

Thanks :)

illecebra

Jun 18, 2003, 8:51:13 PM6/18/03
Comments inline.

In <75f2185.03061...@posting.google.com> on Wed, 18 Jun

2003 08:12:55 CST, random...@excite.com (a random person) wrote:

>illecebra <vyyrpro...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<7r5vev8dgkabbri74...@4ax.com>...
>> No, it doesn't feel (to me anyway) like a man's beard stubble, but
>> it's really a YMMV thing. Perhaps you could talk her into trying it
>> once with the understanding that you wouldn't push her to keep the
>> shave if she didn't like it?
>
>The problem is that most places that talk about shaving generally
>mention it takes a month to get the area to the point where it's
>comfortable to maintain without irritation. A process that long is a
>bit hard to sell :(

It really does vary by person. My first shave didn't really bother
me, though IIRC (I started shaving around age 15, so I don't quite
remember) it was a couple of months before I'd go more than a day or
two without a quick 2 min. touch-up. I never had unbearable
irritation, though there was a mildly annoying bit at first. It was a
lot less irritating than when I'd first begun shaving my legs. (My
thighs still get irritated and I've been at that since I was 11 or
so!)

>> My hubby opts for trimmed, not clean-shaven because he thinks that the
>> grow-back is uncomfortable. He did try the shave once to humor me,
>> though. The only time I've given up my shave since I first tried it
>> as a young teen was when I was too pregnant to bend far enough to do
>> it. =P I love it.
>
>I'd shave for her, if she wanted me to -- but it's the same thing.
>She's afraid that if I do, the stubble there is going to make things
>painful for her.

Lucky lady. The last guy I dated before my husband used to shave
me... it was one of my favorite activities. Unfortunately, the hubby
is too scared that he'd hurt me.

>> Susan
>
>Thanks.

illecebra

Jun 18, 2003, 8:53:16 PM6/18/03
Been there, shaved that. I would definitely not use wax or a
depilitory (sp?) there as my skin is VERY sensitive. A careful shave
with a regular razor usually does it just fine for me, though I've
been known to touch up with a men's electric (the little sideburn part
of the razor) when the hair is being stubborn.

Susan

In <bco6lj$1pq$1...@titan.btinternet.com> on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:48:12

illecebra

Jun 18, 2003, 8:54:58 PM6/18/03
It's definitely a YMMV thing, though. I go against the grain (though
in some spots I do a with-the-grain pass first) because I like my
shave extra-close. I really don't get irritated skin unless I make
too many passes, as I tend to do when going solely with the grain.

Susan

In <1d565032.03061...@posting.google.com> on Wed, 18 Jun

Brent

Jun 19, 2003, 12:33:54 PM6/19/03
We use a Remington Precision Deluxe Groomer
http://www.remington-products.com/usa/products/grooming/pg200.html
Of course, it doesn't give straight razor closeness, but no bumps
either. Also no prickly feeling or itching for me, though the
girlfriend says a little bit for her.

So if you used a straight razor and have bumps or itching, just keep
using it and you'll get used to it and the problems will go away?

I wonder if these things are worth the money, or would work any better
than my Remington?:
http://personal-shavers.com/
It's hard to see how the others besides the pink one work.

Is it just like the Gently Gone 'As Seen on TV' product?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2935779742&category=1
1853

a random person

Jun 20, 2003, 2:59:00 AM6/20/03
"Brent" <inve...@mail.com> wrote in message news:<4hidnSa4AfB...@comcast.com>...

> We use a Remington Precision Deluxe Groomer
> http://www.remington-products.com/usa/products/grooming/pg200.html
> Of course, it doesn't give straight razor closeness, but no bumps
> either. Also no prickly feeling or itching for me, though the
> girlfriend says a little bit for her.

I have an beard trimmer which I was going to use as a pre-shave
clipper -- that looks very much like the same thing.

> So if you used a straight razor and have bumps or itching, just keep
> using it and you'll get used to it and the problems will go away?
>

> I wonder if these things are worth the money, or would work any better
> than my Remington?:
> http://personal-shavers.com/
> It's hard to see how the others besides the pink one work.

I'd really be interested to hear from anyone who has used one of these
-- they look like a good idea, but too pricy to buy blind.

> Is it just like the Gently Gone 'As Seen on TV' product?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2935779742&category=11853

No idea what that thing is...

GoldenMan

Jun 20, 2003, 1:54:55 PM6/20/03
No way would I ever permit my bed partners shave their pubes. Myself, I
am a pubic hair freak and consider the female pubic hair very lovely and
I love to run my fingers thrrough the bushy mat. I have had a few wives
and many bed partners and all had nice pubic bush. But there were a few
who had "peach fuzz" for pubic hair. Keep the hair.

Chris W

Jun 21, 2003, 2:53:39 PM6/21/03
> Keep the hair.

No, bin it, its a grim stick-in-the-mouth,
wraps-round-the-shaft-and-foreskin menace that should be banished forever.
Sex is far more sensitive and pleasurable (and lickable) without it.

Elf M. Sternberg

Jun 23, 2003, 4:45:18 PM6/23/03
random...@excite.com (a random person) writes:

> For the last little while, I've been interested in seeing my wife
> shave herself down there. She doesn't really want to, because she's
> worried about the feeling of stubble when the hair starts growing

> back.

It's not true that when hair regrows after shaving that the
shaving causes it to grow thicker or more; it's just that the razor
creates sharp angels on the ends of the hair that annoy and itch.
There's no real way to avoid it, and after a few days of regular wear
and tear the ends soften up just as they do with normal hairs everywhere
else on the body.

Elf

--
Elf M. Sternberg, Proud to be an Extinctionist
http://www.drizzle.com/~elf/

Sarah

Jun 23, 2003, 5:59:41 PM6/23/03
"Elf M. Sternberg" <e...@drizzle.com> said:

Nice to see you back, Elf

illecebra

Jun 23, 2003, 6:47:14 PM6/23/03
Welcome back, Elf!

Susan

In <1056399347.564334@yasure> on Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:45:18 CST, "Elf

Mike

Jun 25, 2003, 12:40:17 PM6/25/03
Speaking on behalf of both me and my wife, who both shave, in our
opinion(s), being shaved is the way to go.

I never really did like being hairy "down there". Like most
(pre-pubescent) guys, I looked forward to growing hair there (so I'd
be more manly), but shortly after it came in, I realized I didn't like
it too much. I tried shaving a few times as a teenager, but being
very inexperienced about shaving techniques in general, it was not a
good experience. So I just put up with it; did some trimming, etc.

Anyway, in college I tried again, this time starting small. In other
words, I shaved only my scrotum, left all else alone. That went over
quite well, and in the years that followed, I slowly began shaving
more and more around that area.

My wife was very hesitant about trying any of this, but from her
experience with me (i.e., me having less and less down there), she
realized that my lack of bush made it more pleasurable for her to play
down there. And as such, wanted to do the same for me. So she began
trimming up top, and shaving the labial region. Again, as time went
on, she kept shaving more and more (above), until one day, she shaved
it all, and discovered (much to her surprise) that she preferred it
that way. Now, she can't imagine going back to au' naturel (sp?).

So, my recommendation is this: shave a small area at first, and trim
the rest. Let your skin acclimate to being shaved, and in time,
increase the area that you shave. If you encounter any problems (bad
bumps, irritation), back off a little bit, and give it some more time.
Also, in my experience, going for several days between shaves yields
much worse results (i.e., bumps, redness, and irritation) than shaving
everyday (which is what I do).

As far as technique goes; well, that's a whole other discussion.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Kathleen Coyne

Jul 23, 2003, 1:05:12 PM7/23/03
random...@excite.com (a random person) wrote in message news:<75f2185.03061...@posting.google.com>...

I regularly shave, and I have noticed some sensitive spots. There is
this one spot where if any stubble grows there, it hurts temendously,
and I can't do anything because it ruins all sensation.

But... it just takes a few days to grow out enough, and then I'm fine
again. I obviously avoid shaving that area :)

So... because of this, I have this little design so I can avoid
shaving that one area... and then I can safely shave the rest no
problem. What I don't shave, I do trim pretty low.

I know of other people who completely shave, and they have no problem
with it.

I would imagine that the first time she does shave it will be a little
bit sensitive - but not incredibly bad. I remember I used to get
itchy, but I have no problems anymore. The skin just has to get used
to it.

Also, another note, is that if she uses pads when she's on her period,
it can cause irritation. To avoid that problem, I won't shave for a
few days before I start my period so enough hair will grow back to not
cause irritation.

Basically, what she's going to have to do is just go through a series
of trial and error to see what works for her.