Relatives S. of the Border

Me

Feb 23, 1993, 7:43:16 PM2/23/93

I remember reading an article in "Parade" magazine about "Confederados",
Southerners who went to Brazil after the war. They are still there now, and
have their own unique culture (Many still speak English). I can't remember the
date of the article (I think I read it over Christmas break, and I think it
was a cover story). Maybe there is someone else out there who also remembers
this article?

Ashley Hinkle

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Ashley J. Hinkle (Bihi...@ECUVM1.Bitnet) *
* *
* Amateur Genealogist, Biologist, Charlotte Hornet's *
* Fan, East Carolina Pirate, and Future Doctor. *
* *
* Searching for: Henkle/Henkel/Henckel, Mcfarland, *
* Selvey, Davenport, Frasur, Barker, Henderson and *
* a passing grade in Organic Chemistry. *
* *
* ECU motto: "You can always retake a class, but you *
* can never retake a party." *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tom Cunningham, Computer Science Department

Feb 23, 1993, 8:34:00 PM2/23/93
I agree with the story below, but you may substitute CNN Headline News (or
maybe just CNN) for "Parade" magazine.

> I remember reading an article in "Parade" magazine about "Confederados",
>Southerners who went to Brazil after the war. They are still there now, and
>have their own unique culture (Many still speak English). I can't remember the
> date of the article (I think I read it over Christmas break, and I think it
>was a cover story). Maybe there is someone else out there who also remembers
>this article?

Tom
Martin's Law: You can't learn anything unless you almost know it already.
Thomas P. Cunningham, Associate Professor InterNet: T...@Grove.IUP.Edu
Computer Science Department BitNet: TPC@IUP
Indiana University of Pennsylvania Desk: 412-357-2463
Indiana, Pennsylvania 15705-1087 Office: 412-357-2524