Re: Who Paid for Obama's College Education?

Message has been deleted

Al.E. Gator

Oct 6, 2008, 12:07:58 PM10/6/08

"SordoT" <sor...@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:6kur9lF...@mid.individual.net...
> Who Paid for Obama's College Education?
>
> Obama went to some very, very expensive colleges. Columbia, Harvard.
> His family had little, if any money. We are led to believe that his
> family paid for his high school education at the expensive Punahoe
> school in Hawaii.
>
> But, but, but, a father who was a furniture salesman and a mother who
> worked at a local bank didn't have that kind of money to send him to
> Columbia and Harvard, two of the most expensive colleges in America!!!
>
> The question is: Who paid Obama's costs at Columbia and Harvard???
> Yes, who paid for tuition, books, room and board, and incidentals???
> and travel, in these very expensive cities, New York and Boston???
>
> Makes you wonder?

hey shithead, think you're fooling anyone but the other ignorant, racist
hillbillies here ?
the whole world knows he had student loans, Michelle too,

trying to rouse the unwashed, retarded, hillbilly rabble that run their
mouth before they think ?,

like your bush cocksucker and his palin whore

JC

Oct 6, 2008, 12:10:00 PM10/6/08

"SordoT" <sor...@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Who Paid for Obama's College Education?
>
> Obama went to some very, very expensive colleges. Columbia, Harvard.
> His family had little, if any money. We are led to believe that his
> family paid for his high school education at the expensive Punahoe
> school in Hawaii.
>
> But, but, but, a father who was a furniture salesman and a mother
> who
> worked at a local bank didn't have that kind of money to send him to
> Columbia and Harvard, two of the most expensive colleges in
> America!!!
>
> The question is: Who paid Obama's costs at Columbia and Harvard???
> Yes, who paid for tuition, books, room and board, and incidentals???
> and travel, in these very expensive cities, New York and Boston???
>
> Makes you wonder?

I don't know who paid for that but I do know that he told AARP
members, in the latest news letter, that everyone that makes over 200
grand a year will be buying a health insurance policy for someone else
whether they like it or not.

JCE

Oct 6, 2008, 1:59:35 PM10/6/08
On 6 oct, 18:05, Sordo™<sordo™@privacy.net> wrote:
> Who Paid for Obama's College Education?
>
> Columbia and Harvard, two of the most expensive colleges in America!!!
>
> The question is: Who paid Obama's costs at Columbia and Harvard???
> Yes, who paid for tuition, books, room and board, and incidentals???
> and travel, in these very expensive cities, New York and Boston???
>
> Makes you wonder?

Not too much, His grandparents must of had money and were members
of the upper classes in Hawaii. Obama when to the exclusive private
highschool and on to Occidental college for the first two years,
which are upper class institutions. So up to graduating from Columbia
one can see family money.

rick++

Oct 6, 2008, 4:51:09 PM10/6/08
He earned scholarhips as a very smart guy.
Thats something that you'd never be able to do.

El Castor

Oct 6, 2008, 10:42:26 PM10/6/08

Wiki Answers:

Q. Did Obama have college scholarships?

A. This question has not been answered yet.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Obama_have_college_scholarships

Obama's Years at Columbia Are a Mystery
He Graduated Without Honors
By ROSS GOLDBERG, Special to the Sun | September 2, 2008
http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obamas-years-at-columbia-are-a-mystery/85015/

Who got him into Harvard? Khalid al Mansour?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EcC0QAd0Ug&eurl=http://beltwayblips.com/video/obama_and_khalid_mansour/

Islander

Oct 7, 2008, 12:35:21 AM10/7/08

Oh good grief! The Republican Slime Machine at work again.

This little bit of slime is the work of Ken Timmerman and was originally
published in newsmax.com.

Why is this revealing?

NewsMax is a pseudo news agency owned by some rich Republicans who use
it for political purposes. Ken Timmerman has a long history of
publishing lies about Democrats. This outfit is a tabloid with a nasty
streak!

http://sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=NewsMax.com#_note-0

And here is what was said about they when they went public in 2002.

http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/stories/2002/nmstock.html

Obama got through Harvard with the help of student loans. Nothing more
except in the imagination of those who will stoop to any depth to defeat
him.

Message has been deleted

Evelyn

Oct 7, 2008, 5:54:52 AM10/7/08

"Rita" <Ri...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> What do you expect from El Castor. He has been mining the Internet to
> find all the right wing conspiracy theories. The nastier, the
> better.

It's because they are getting desperate.
After 8 years of their rule, most folks have about had enough.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

"Be wise, treat yourself, your mind, sympathetically, with loving kindness.
If you are gentle with yourself, you will become gentle with others."
--Lama Thubten Yeshe

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JCE

Oct 7, 2008, 11:45:52 AM10/7/08
On 7 oct, 17:25, Sordo™<sordo™@privacy.net> wrote:

> So, if he didn't earn scholarships, who did pay and how did he
> even get into Harvard without credentials?

Operation Red Herring by Sordo Swiftboat!

Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988. At the end of his first
year, he was selected, based on his grades and a writing competition,
as an editor of the Harvard Law Review.[19] In February 1990, in his
second year, he was elected president of the Law Review, a full-time
volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising the
Law Review's staff of eighty editors.[20] Obama's election as the
first black president of the Law Review was widely reported and
followed by several long, detailed profiles.[20] During his summers,
he returned to Chicago where he worked as a summer associate at the
law firms of Sidley & Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[21]
After graduating with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from
Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago.[19]

magna cum laude means with honors.

and the admissions committee was justified in admitting him.

He also looks well on the pathway of becoming President of the USA.

Message has been deleted

Olly Mensch

Oct 7, 2008, 12:09:14 PM10/7/08
Sordo - yes, I also wonder who paid for that high-class education Obama
got? But, it is possible that he got several scholarships, since hesis
quite smart - couldn't that be the answer??
Too many mysteries about that man.
Olly

Olly Mensch

Oct 7, 2008, 12:14:26 PM10/7/08
Rita - if you are so turned off by the Republican part of this newsgroup
- why not leave??
Olly

Message has been deleted

Glenn

Oct 7, 2008, 12:34:07 PM10/7/08
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:14:26 -0400, Old...@webtv.net (Olly Mensch)
wrote:

>Rita - if you are so turned off by the Republican part of this newsgroup
>- why not leave??
>Olly

My goodness, that's the dumbest thing I ever read. The point to
seeking truth is to confront, not run away.

nicenips

Oct 7, 2008, 12:36:14 PM10/7/08
REPUBLICANS are just shit in the toilet ... to paraphrase oily ...

But don't we agree, now, that Barack's alleged "ties" to Ayers, Rezko,
Rev. Wright, etc., and other
incidentals in his life have made no discernable difference in the
polls or with the electorate.

The fact that McAged and Daffi Dumb Shit continue to make so-what
"individuals" -- rather than plans, policies and programs -- the
heart of their campaign, signifies they've conceded DEFEAT.

But, true to their third-rate intellects, they're determined to keep
smearin' until the bitter end.

And the voters WILL remember.

JCE

Oct 7, 2008, 12:50:04 PM10/7/08
On 7/10/08 18:13, in article 6l1g5rF...@mid.individual.net,
"Sordo˙" <sordo?@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:45:52 -0700 (PDT), JCE <jcbep...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>> magna cum laude means with honors.
>>

> Can you authenticate that please?

The grading system is explained

http://www.law.harvard.edu/ocs/employers/HLS_Grading_System.htm

"The top 10% of the class, excluding summa, are honored with the
distinction of graduating magna cum laude."

Message has been deleted

JCE

Oct 7, 2008, 1:04:49 PM10/7/08
On 7 oct, 18:09, Oldi...@webtv.net (Olly Mensch) wrote:
> Sordo - yes, I also wonder whopaidfor that high-class education Obama

> got? But, it is possible that he got several scholarships, since hesis
> quite smart - couldn't that be the answer??
> Too many mysteries about that man.

The financing of his education was done mostly by his grandparents,
white and reasonably well off. Obama has an unusual past, for
Americans because
he is not a Afro-American in the usual sense. He went to an exclusive
private high school in Hawaii and did his first two years at a well
known upper class college, Occidental, in California. Columbia
and Harvard also rounds out the elite nature of the educational
institutions he attended.

He is mysterious in that sense since he does not fit into the mold
that most white Americans would like to put a black person
(in his case he is ASLO half white). He does have to hide all of
this a bit, and he does dumb down now and then to bring himself
to the level of the average American, without appearing to do so.

But like other great leaders he does not reveal all of himself
We never knew all about Roosevelt, Churchill, DeGaulle or
Stalin. Even Truman had some unknowns.

We don't know what he can do until he does it. He does not
project himself as a person who over reaches. He has
the potential of being a great American president.
McCain does not, he is essentially used up by age. He is
more likely to lead the nation in the wrong direction,
as Bush did, than the right one.

The American nation would err in not choosing Obama.
The nation is being given a chance, take it.

El Castor

Oct 7, 2008, 1:36:55 PM10/7/08
On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:00:12 -0700, Sordo™<sordo™@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:50:04 -0700 (PDT), JCE <jcbep...@yahoo.co.uk>

>wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/08 18:13, in article 6l1g5rF...@mid.individual.net,
>>"Sordo˙" <sordo?@privacy.net> wrote:

>>> Can you authenticate that please?
>>
>>The grading system is explained
>>
>>http://www.law.harvard.edu/ocs/employers/HLS_Grading_System.htm
>>
>>"The top 10% of the class, excluding summa, are honored with the
>>distinction of graduating magna cum laude."
>>

>You didn't answer the question.
>
>Authenticate the admission to Harvard as he didn't graduate from
>Columbia with any honors.
>
>How come neither he, nor his campaign, will release any information
>about the years he spent at Columbia, who got him into Harvard Law and
>his years there. They have even advised the respective universities to
>seal his records.

>>"and the admissions committee was justified in admitting him."
>

>Can you authenticate that please?
>

>"Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative
>achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted
>'present' nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as
>law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable
>piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most
>memorable work, memoirs of his favorite subject: himself."
> ---Charles Krauthammer

And those memoirs were probably written for him by Bill Ayers.
http://www.cashill.com/natl_general/did_bill_ayers_write_1.htm

JCE

Oct 7, 2008, 3:54:46 PM10/7/08

>> On 7/10/08 18:13, in article 6l1g5rF...@mid.individual.net,
>> "Sordoÿ" <sordo?@privacy.net> wrote:

>>> Can you authenticate that please?
>>
>> The grading system is explained
>>
>> http://www.law.harvard.edu/ocs/employers/HLS_Grading_System.htm
>>
>> "The top 10% of the class, excluding summa, are honored with the
>> distinction of graduating magna cum laude."
>>

> You didn't answer the question.

All that is necessary, he exited in the top 10%, any investment by
others
in his education was wisely done.

> Authenticate the admission to Harvard as he didn't graduate from
> Columbia with any honors.

Did he have to, he was admitted to Harvard law school and graduated in
the
top 10%. He graduate from Columbia in 1983 and went into law school
in late
1988. Those 5 years of experience makes him an excellent candidate for
law school if he has the recommendations from others who worked with
him.

Sordo, that you have any experience with institutions
of higher education. What are your degrees?

>> "and the admissions committee was justified in admitting him."
>

> Can you authenticate that please?

Sure, he graduated with honors, they were right. If you have ever
been on an admissions committee you will know that results
are counted. There is a tremendous investment in each student
admitted, they don't like failures

> ---Charles Krauthammer

What did Krauthammer say about Sarah?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Capitalist Pig

Oct 7, 2008, 5:37:20 PM10/7/08
On 6 oct, 18:05, Sordo™<sordo™@privacy.net> wrote:
> Who Paid for Obama's College Education?
>
> Obama went to some very, very expensive colleges. Columbia, Harvard.
> His family had little, if any money. We are led to believe that his
> family paid for his high school education at the expensive Punahoe
> school in Hawaii.
>
> But, but, but, a father who was a furniture salesman and a mother who
> worked at a local bank didn't have that kind of money to send him to
> Columbia and Harvard, two of the most expensive colleges in America!!!
>
> The question is: Who paid Obama's costs at Columbia and Harvard???
> Yes, who paid for tuition, books, room and board, and incidentals???
> and travel, in these very expensive cities, New York and Boston???
>
> Makes you wonder?

Obama sold Drrrrruuuuuuuuuugs. That's how he got the money to go to
all those fancy schools. Imagine what he'll do if he is elected POTUS!
Good luck y'all. I'm glad I live in la belle France.

Islander

Oct 7, 2008, 8:53:39 PM10/7/08
Rita wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:35:21 -0700, Islander <nos...@privacy.net>
> wrote:
>
> What do you expect from El Castor. He has been mining the Internet to
> find all the right wing conspiracy theories. The nastier, the
> better.

I will admit that I would love to see Obama's college transcript, but
then I would also love to see McCain's Academy transcript, health
records, and fitness reports. I would also like to know what influence
got McCain into the Naval Academy since he wasn't much of a student in
high school. Perhaps affirmative action for sons and grandsons of Admirals?

I'm guessing that neither candidate is releasing these records, not
because there is really anything damaging there, but that they don't
want to have to defend every item. Can you imagine the attacks that
would result if Obama happened to get a C in a sophomore class in
American government.

We will have to be satisfied with the bottom line. McCain graduated 894
out of 899 from the Naval Academy and Obama graduated magna cum laude
from Harvard Law School. Nuf said!

Got to go watch the debate now.

George Z. Bush

Oct 8, 2008, 5:14:36 AM10/8/08

If you're all that interested, take a look at the Rolling Stone article on
McCain and, in particular, the part concerning his early years.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

George Z.

Message has been deleted

Sue

Oct 8, 2008, 9:07:42 AM10/8/08
On 8 oct, 13:40, Rita <R...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:14:36 -0400, "George Z. Bush"
>

> Good article, and McCain's recklessness has followed him to his sunset
> years as he unleashed his pit bull Palin to call Obama a terrorist.

Pit Bull or yapping Chiwawa?

Certainly this choice will go down as one of his political
errors. He had the chance of naming one of a number
of Republican Senators or those with a longer
experience as Govenor of a larger state. She is not
gathering in the women's vote, aspecially those
who voted for Clinton. She satisfied the party's base
and that is all.

JC

Oct 8, 2008, 9:39:43 AM10/8/08
Gosh Sue, you sure look a lot like JCE

"Sue" <susanh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Nomen Nescio

Oct 8, 2008, 11:30:05 AM10/8/08
My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to Ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me 'Sue.'

Well, he must o' thought that is was quite a joke
And it got a lot of laughs from a' lots of folk,
It seems I had to fight my whole life through.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named 'Sue.'

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean,
My fist got hard and my wits got keen,
I'd roam from town to town to hide my shame.
But I made me a vow to the moon and stars
That I'd search the honky-tonks and bars
And kill that man that give me that awful name.

Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July
And I just hit town and my throat was dry,
I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew.
At an old saloon on a street of mud,
There at a table, dealing stud,
Sat the dirty, mangy dog that named me 'Sue.'

Well, I knew that snake was my own sweet dad
From a worn-out picture that my mother'd had,
And I knew that scar on his cheek and his evil eye.
He was big and bent and gray and old,
And I looked at him and my blood ran cold
And I said: "My name is 'Sue!' how do you do! Now you gonna die!"

Well, I hit him hard right between the eyes
And he went down but, to my surprise,
He come up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear.
But I busted a chair right across his teeth
And we crashed through the wall and into the street
Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I tell ya, I've fought tougher men
But I really can't remember when,
He kicked like a mule and he bit like a crocodile.
I heard him laugh and then I heard him cuss,
He went for his gun and I pulled mine first,
He stood there lookin' at me and I saw him smile.

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I know I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
So I give ya that name and I said good-bye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's that name that helped to make you strong."

He said: 'Now you just fought one hell of a fight
And I know you hate me, and you got the right
To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do.
But ya ought to thank me, before I die,
For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye
Cause I'm the son-of-a-bitch that named you 'Sue'.'

I got all choked up and I threw down my gun
And I called him my pa, and he called me his son,
And I come away with a different point of view.
And I think about him, now and then,
Every time I try and every time I win,
And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him
Bill or George! Anything but sue! I still hate that name!

Islander

Oct 8, 2008, 1:01:24 PM10/8/08
Good one that I missed. Thanks for the link.

Frank Provasek

Nov 2, 2008, 6:49:49 AM11/2/08
2/3 of Harvard students receive financial aid, and Obama received
preference because his father went to Harvard.

George Z. Bush

Nov 2, 2008, 7:00:15 AM11/2/08
Frank Provasek wrote:
> 2/3 of Harvard students receive financial aid, and Obama received
> preference because his father went to Harvard.

.....and McCain didn't receive any preference for entrance to the USNA
because his father and grandfather were both high ranking career Naval
officers? For that matter, didn't Bush receive legacy consideration for his
entrance into both Yale and Harvard because his father and grandfather had
prior financial relationships with both of those institutions?

George Z.

mreic...@msn.com

Jun 13, 2015, 2:51:42 PM6/13/15
On Monday, October 6, 2008 at 4:51:09 PM UTC-4, rick++ wrote:
> He earned scholarhips as a very smart guy.
> Thats something that you'd never be able to do.

This must be a "guess". Obama is quite ignorant of American and World Histories. Knows very little about finances.
His finest "quality" is probably golfing.

El Castor

Jun 14, 2015, 4:38:11 AM6/14/15
No claims of scholarships. Michelle says student loans, but that
doesn't;t appear to be true. Most likely it was a Saudi prince. Read
all about it here.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-investigative-reports/the-mystery-of-barack-obama-continues/