Sean Hannity's favorite student: George Snuffleupagus

Harry Hope

Apr 21, 2008, 9:16:12 AM4/21/08

Last week the 21st and final Democratic debate took place in
Pennsylvania, giving ABC's George Stephanopoulos and Charles Gibson a
perfect opportunity to grill the candidates on the bread-and-butter
issues that Americans really care about.

After a fluff first question about whether the candidates would run
together on a dream ticket, it was time to get right to the important
stuff.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/DemocraticDebate/story?id=4670271&page=1

Allow me to paraphrase.

* Senator Obama, you said that the working poor are bitter about
their economic situation. OMG, that is so patronizing!

* Do either of you really think you can beat John McCain in
November?

* Senator Obama, despite Rev. Wright's service as a Marine and his
three presidential commendations, it's pretty obvious that your former
pastor hates America. Why do you hate America?

* No, really, what have you got against America?

* Senator Clinton, according to our poll, people think you're a
liar. Why are you such a liar?

* Senator Obama, you're not wearing a flag pin. I'll ask again,
what is your problem with America? And why do you hang out with
terrorists?

And so on for almost an hour.

Great stuff, guys.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/17/AR2008041700013_pf.html

But in case you were wondering where George Stephanopoulos was getting
his questions from, look no further than Sean Hannity.

The week before the debate, Stephanopoulos appeared on Hannity's radio
show where the following exchange took place:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/17/steph-hannity-audio/

HANNITY: There are two questions that I don't think anybody has asked
Barack Obama, and I don't know if this is going to be on your list
tomorrow. One is - the only time he's ever been asked about his
association with Bill Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist from the
Weather Underground who on 9/11 of all days in the New York Times was
saying "I don't regret setting bombs. I don't think we did enough."
When asked about it by the Politico, David Axelrod said that they have
a friendly relationship, and that they had done a number of speeches
together and that they sat on a board together. Is that a question you
might ask?

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, I'm taking notes right now.

And lo and behold, here's George at the debate:

STEPHANOPOULOS: ...first a follow-up on this issue, general theme of
patriotism, in your relationships. A gentleman named William Ayers. He
was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the
Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He's never apologized for
that.

And, in fact, on 9/11, he was quoted in the New York Times saying, "I
don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough." An early
organizing meeting for your State Senate campaign was held at his
house and your campaign has said you are "friendly."

Can you explain that relationship for the voters and explain to
Democrats why it won't be a problem?

Great question, George!

But perhaps if you'd done some actual research you would have
discovered the answer to Hannity's question.

According to CBS:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/18/politics/washingtonpost/main4026039.shtml

In the 1960s, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn saw themselves as urban
guerrillas who just might be able to overthrow the U.S. government and
force an end to the Vietnam War. They were members of the Weather
Underground, a radical offshoot of the antiwar movement, who went into
hiding for a decade after a bomb accidentally exploded, killing three
members of the group.

Nearly 30 years after surrendering to police, Ayers and Dohrn, both in
their 60s, are tenured university professors whose work on school
reform and juvenile justice have won them bipartisan respect.

(snip)

In Chicago, however, Ayers is considered so mainstream that Daley
issued a statement on Thursday praising him as a "distinguished
professor of education" and a "valued member of the Chicago
community."

(snip)

"It's kind of laughable for people who have worked with Bernadine and
Bill in the most boring and mundane settings and recognize that
they're absolutely upstanding establishment citizens today" said
Lawrence C. Marshall, a Stanford University law professor. He recalled
a juvenile justice project: "Judges who were lifelong ardent
conservatives had no trouble recognizing that the work that Bernadine
and Bill are now doing is completely divorced from anything in their
background."

Note to George Stephanopoulos:

if you're getting your material from Sean Hannity, you're doing this
"journalism" thing all wrong.

By EarlG
Democratic Underground
http://www.democraticunderground.com/

Harry

rick++

Apr 21, 2008, 10:53:51 AM4/21/08
George was pretty tough John Sunday morning.
His first question was about John's temper.
John did not lose it during the 25 minutes, though
I would have.

Thumper

Apr 21, 2008, 12:04:20 PM4/21/08

No, he kept grinning like a lunatic.
Thumper

Jerry Okamura

Apr 21, 2008, 2:03:39 PM4/21/08
One of the decisions we have to make when selecting who shoudd be our next
President is one of those intangibles called "jusdgement"...

"Harry Hope" <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

AndyS

Apr 22, 2008, 4:24:48 AM4/22/08

Harry Hope wrote:>
> if you're getting your material from Sean Hannity, you're doing this
> "journalism" thing all wrong.
>

> Harry

Andy comments:
Sean Hannity, like Limbaugh, Davis, Levin, and others , is doing
all he can to see that Mrs. Clinton gets the nomination........

I've said it before ---- If Clinton runs against McCain, it will
be a crap
shoot and McCain has a real chance of winning...

If Obama runs against McCain, Obama will walk away with a
mandate......

The conservative agenda is to WIN, hence, they will do everything
they
can to make sure the opposition has the weakest candidate.

But it looks to me like everybody knows this by now, and just
discounts all the rhetoric. No need to criticize the Dem candidates
since they are tearing each other apart very effectively........
Most conservatives are just sitting back and watching the war.
Whoever
"wins" will have enough baggage created by the "loser", that McCain
won't even have to buy campaign ads ---- he can just replay the
Dem ads.

Andy, elitist redneck in Eureka, Texas

Jerry Okamura

Apr 22, 2008, 7:51:08 PM4/22/08

"AndyS" <andys...@juno.com> wrote in message

> Harry Hope wrote:>
>> if you're getting your material from Sean Hannity, you're doing this
>> "journalism" thing all wrong.
>>

>> Harry
>
> Andy comments:
> Sean Hannity, like Limbaugh, Davis, Levin, and others , is doing
> all he can to see that Mrs. Clinton gets the nomination........
>
> I've said it before ---- If Clinton runs against McCain, it will
> be a crap
> shoot and McCain has a real chance of winning...
>
> If Obama runs against McCain, Obama will walk away with a
> mandate......

Not according the the polling data I have seen to date.

AndyS

Apr 22, 2008, 9:10:50 PM4/22/08

Jerry Okamura wrote:

> > If Obama runs against McCain, Obama will walk away with a
> > mandate......
> >
> Not according the the polling data I have seen to date.

Andy writes:
I don't doubt at all that the data that you have seen says
otherwise....

You see, it is in the very best interests of the media to keep the
Clinton/Obama feud very very hot....... The media has gotten
tens of millions in additional revenue presenting the "contest"
between the Dems.

If it were presented as I have proposed, one half of the income
from
the Dems would just collapse, since , while the Dems want to forward
their own particular champion, the whole point is to win the election
in 2008.

So, while the arguing continues, the media continues to sell air
and
newspaper time, and they will manipulate the "spin" on what the
Dem candidates say to the very end..... Watch and see....

.... and then, a year from now, when the final result is known, you
can
say >"" Andy , you called it right all along " !!! :>))))

As for me, I don't like any of them. McCain is the Republican
liberal
candidate , Hillary is a sleazebag, and Obama is the rock star du
jour......
.... but I would be for any candidate that can end all this damn
partisan
bickering and let the system get down to the business of running the
country. Clinton is running on the platform that she opposes the
Republicans, so we know how that could turn out. McCain is
"more of the same" politics. Obama hasn't a clue how to accomplish
his goals, but at least his goals are reasonable.. in my opinnion...

When the Reps seized power 15 years ago, they THEN started fighting
among themselves and didn't get very much done..... When the Dems
seized power a year and a half ago, they, too, started fighting among
themselves and haven't gotten a damn thing done...... I think it's
the
nature of the beast.....and I don't know if it's possible to
change.....
.... one can only hope.....

I wonder if this is how the Soviet Union fell......

Andy, Independent Redneck Elitist in Eureka, Texas

Jerry Okamura

Apr 23, 2008, 2:28:26 PM4/23/08

"AndyS" <andys...@juno.com> wrote in message
How do you know that Obama's goals are reasonable, if you do not know how he
is going to accomplish his goals?

AndyS

Apr 23, 2008, 5:38:18 PM4/23/08

Jerry Okamura wrote:> >
> How do you know that Obama's goals are reasonable, if you do not know how he
> is going to accomplish his goals?

Andy replies:
Because he has stated them. And he hasn't said how he would
accomplish them....

Jerry Okamura

Apr 23, 2008, 7:12:29 PM4/23/08

"AndyS" <andys...@juno.com> wrote in message