Farmington

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Feb 28, 2005, 1:20:29 PM2/28/05
Originally, Friends emphasized the fact that Christ still speaks to
people: he is not limited to saying the things that are recorded in the
Bible (though of course those sayings are still true). Here is
something he has recently been telling me:

About the Coming New Order in Farmington

In the town of Farmington, Maine, a new state of affairs
will soon exist which the world has never seen before. This
change will occur on June 6, 2006.

Thereafter, there will be no death and no illness (except
the remnants of earlier illnesses which will go away in three
days or less) within the municipal limits of Farmington. Nor
will there be any crime or bad behavior. You will be safe in
Farmington; nothing will harm you here. The rest of the world is
still the way it has been for millennia, so if you go outside the
borders of Farmington you will not be protected in this
particular way, though you will be no worse off than before.

Farmington will, of course, remain as free as any other
American town. You may stay or leave as you choose. Nobody will
try to make you stay or make you leave. Nor will anyone in
Farmington try to keep anyone out. Do whatever God leads you to
do.

There will be public meetings every week or so to discuss
new questions that may come up because of this drastic change in
the nature of Farmington. Anyone may attend them. The first
such meeting will take place on Tuesday, June 6, at 7:30
p.m. in Meetinghouse Park, weather permitting.

There will be an information center for visitors and
newcomers, probably at Thoughtbridge, 1 Bridge St. New
information will also be posted as it becomes available at:
http://www.megalink.net/~klee
__________

F. A. Q.

Q. How long will the new state of affairs in Farmington last?

A. The abolition of death and other evils will last forever.

Q. Will this happen in other parts of the world?

Some day the new order will be worldwide. It is not known when
that day will be. Until that day, Farmington will be the only
place changed.

Q. Won't Farmington become overcrowded and lose its small-town
character that residents love so much?

A. Farmington will never be overcrowded in the way that many
cities are now crowded. The population will increase, but there
is plenty of open space in Farmington to accommodate many more
citizens. If more space is needed this will be accomplished by
annexing another town to Farmington, though this will not be
necessary for the next several years. Also, since people will
live in harmony with one another, the problems that attend
overcrowded places--crime, filth, etc., will never be problems in
Farmington.

Q. What will happen if I leave Farmington? Will old diseases
that I have been healed of here come back?

A. Nothing that has been healed in Farmington will come back.
I.e., if you had cancer, and it goes away, that cancer will not
return when you leave the town. But new diseases can start
outside Farmington as has always been the case.

Q. What will cause this amazing change?

A. God will cause it by his own will.

Q. Why has Farmington been chosen?

A. I do not know.

Licia Kuenning
<kl...@megalink.net> or <li...@qhpress.org>
http://www.megalink.net/~klee

Dennis White

Feb 28, 2005, 2:42:37 PM2/28/05

<kuennin...@voicenet.com> wrote in message

> Originally, Friends emphasized the fact that Christ still speaks to
> people: he is not limited to saying the things that are recorded in the
> Bible (though of course those sayings are still true). Here is
> something he has recently been telling me:

> About the Coming New Order in Farmington
>
> In the town of Farmington, Maine, a new state of affairs
> will soon exist which the world has never seen before. This
> change will occur on June 6, 2006.

snip...

I look forward to the ascribed date. I hope the new state of affairs will
take place as described. However, I am not sure why only Farmington Maine
should be chosen as the site of this new order. Why would our God and our
Savior not choose to grant all of us, everywhere, this loving gift? Is
there a particular reason Farmington has been chosen? Perhaps none of this
has been revealed to you, so I am in no way demanding an explanation. I am
very curious about the individual ways that Christ speaks to each one of us.

Dennis

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Feb 28, 2005, 3:51:56 PM2/28/05
Dennis White writes,

> I look forward to the ascribed date. I hope the new state
> of affairs will take place as described. However, I am not
> sure why only Farmington Maine should be chosen as the site
> of this new order.

He only needed one small town. The reason is too complex to explain in
a single post, but nobody will be left out.

> Is there a particular reason Farmington has been chosen?

Again, I think there is, but it wouldn't be easy to explain.

I'm in process of writing a novel about it which may, in the course of
the story, make some things clearer. (Some concepts can I think be
better communicated by an exercise of imagination than by straight
exposition.)

For updates on the progress of the novel, as well as on events in
real-life Farmington, check the URL in my sig from time to time.

Licia Kuenning
Friends of Truth/Glenside Friends Meeting/Quaker Heritag Press

kl...@megalink.net kuennin...@voicenet.com
http://www.megalink.net/~klee

WATCH FARMINGTON!

adataylor

Feb 28, 2005, 6:39:48 PM2/28/05
Hello.

Will you still be publishing the 3rd and 4th of Naylor's works? I'll still
be here in springfield, illinois where death reigns, and I am looking
forward to completing my collection of Naylor.

thanks,

--
fare thee well in christ,

eric

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year

Mar 1, 2005, 12:11:28 AM3/1/05
in the next 50 years we in arkansas are to have a major earthquake. your
post made me think of that.

hey it sounds like you have the makings for a good book. i hope the main
character of your book is an older person with a few odd habits ( one is
taking time out to just sit where ever and look for 4 leaf clovers) yet
is a person the town looks up to but does not belive the heaven on earth
story till the oldest sickest town person gets off his death bed and
runs for ice cream on a busy shopping day as his live in nurse lays
sleeping. ok ya got me to dreaming so i can't wait to see what happens
next. thanks! faith

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 1, 2005, 8:32:04 AM3/1/05
Eric writes,

> Will you still be publishing the 3rd and 4th of Nayler's works?

Yes. I hope volume 3 will come out before the end of 2005.

Faith <delight...@webtv.net> writes

> hey it sounds like you have the makings for a good book. i hope
> the main character of your book is an older person with a few odd

> habits (one is taking time out to just sit where ever and look

> for 4 leaf clovers) yet is a person the town looks up to

The central character of my novel (_Farmington!, Farmington!_),
"Kathy Lee" is about my age (63), but so far as I know she doesn't
have a thing for 4-leaf clovers. The town doesn't particularly
look up to her until her prophecy is fulfilled on June 6 (2006), as
before that they just thought she was nice but odd.

> but does not belive the heaven on earth story till the oldest
> sickest town person gets off his death bed and runs for ice cream
> on a busy shopping day as his live in nurse lays sleeping.

It's true that her prophecy is mostly disbelieved until it comes
true. But because she has predicted the date when it will happen,
and because the event is quite noticeable (more than one person
experiences remarkable recovery, and everyone in town feels much
better than they had on June 5), people are much more inclined to
believe Kathy Lee when she prophesies about other things.

It must be emphasized that although I am writing a novel about this
I am prophesying a real event. The novel is an exercise of
imagination, about how such a thing might happen and affect people
of various types. The real event of course will not follow the
novel precisely--though if I do a good job those who have read the
story will be a lot better prepared to understand what's going on
when they see the reality.

Licia Kuenning
Friends of Truth/Glenside Friends Meeting/Quaker Heritage Press

http://www.megalink.net/~klee http://www.qhpress.org
kl...@megalink.net li...@qhpress.org

WATCH FARMINGTON!

JEB

Mar 1, 2005, 9:55:29 AM3/1/05
"kuennin...@voicenet.com" <kuennin...@voicenet.com> wrote in

> It must be emphasized that although I am writing a novel about this
> I am prophesying a real event.

Why do you believe this prophecy? And is it important whether or not one
believes the prophecy?

These aren't critical questions. If you prefer not to answer, that's OK
too. I'm just curious about how people come to believe such things.

JEB

Engineer

Mar 1, 2005, 1:38:06 PM3/1/05

kuennin...@voicenet.com wrote:

>It must be emphasized that although I am writing a novel about this
>I am prophesying a real event. The novel is an exercise of
>imagination, about how such a thing might happen and affect people
>of various types. The real event of course will not follow the

>novel precisely.

The Bible praises the Bereans and "doubting" Thomas for testing
that which was told to them, even by God himself. In that spirit,
I present these

QUESTIONS FOR THE PROPHET:

Will death and illness no longer exist in Farmington?

Do you mean the area contained within the city limits Farmington,
Maine USA, not some sort of "Spiritual Farmington", alternate
universe Farmington, or any other departure from what the normal
reader understands when he reads "within the municipal limits of
Farmington"?

By "Death" do you mean actual, physical death and actual, physical
death of that kind that normally results in a death certificate,
or do you mean some sort of "spiritual death" or any other kind
of death other than the kind of death where the heart stops beating
and the lungs stop breathing forever?

Will this change be complete before 11:59 PM EST June 9th, 2006 CE
(change to occur on June 6th plus 3 days maximum for any and all
residual illnesses to disappear), with no recalculations, redefining
of terms such as "2006" or any other departure from what the normal
reader understands when he reads "will occur on June 6, 2006"?

Will this change in any way, shape, or form last for a period of time
that is less than what the normal reader understands when he reads
"The abolition of death and other evils will last forever"?

Do you wish at this time to add any of the usual qualifications that
so many other people who have made such predictions often add after
the fact? No "unless God changes his mind"? No "I was pretending
to predict these things but it was really a novel I was writing?
No "the bad vibrations from the unbelievers stopped the change"?
No "By '2006' I really meant '6002'"? No "god refuses to be tested"?
No qualifications of any kind?

In other words, are you confident enough at this time that God
has spoken to you that you will now affirm that, if someone shows
physical evidence of death and illness within Farmington after the
date mentioned, you will at that time acknowledge that you were
wrong and that God did not actually speak to you - no excuses or
back peddling?

David Samuel Myers

Mar 1, 2005, 3:33:50 PM3/1/05
Licia

Does your prophecy speak to you as specifically being Jesus' second
coming, or do you think this dispensation is something other than that?

ps- Lots of people have accurately prophesized that tragic, cathartic
things will happen or are bound to happen (e.g., 9/11). It is rare that
someone prophesizes something like Farmington666 (a positive thing?). Do
you care to comment on this aspect?

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 2, 2005, 6:31:15 AM3/2/05
JEB asks,

> Why do you believe this prophecy?

I believe it because it's what Christ tells me.

> And is it important whether or not one believes the prophecy?

I think if Christ tells you it's true, you should believe him.

Engineer writes,

> The Bible praises the Bereans and "doubting" Thomas for testing
> that which was told to them, even by God himself.

Engineer and I must have different Bibles.

> Will death and illness no longer exist in Farmington?

Nobody will die in Farmington after 6/6/06. Anyone who is ill at
that time and who remains in Farmington will recover completely
within 3 days (usually less). Any sick or disabled person who
enters Farmington (at *any* time from 6/6/06 on will similarly
recover within 3 days.

> Do you mean the area contained within the city limits Farmington,
> Maine USA,

Yes.

> By "Death" do you mean actual, physical death and actual,
> physical death of that kind that normally results in a death
> certificate,

Yes.

> Will this change be complete before 11:59 PM EST June 9th, 2006
> CE (change to occur on June 6th plus 3 days maximum for any and
> all residual illnesses to disappear)

Two small misunderstandings here. First, midnight June 6 isn't the
starting point. It starts at daybreak (I think that's around 4:26
a.m.)
Second, since new people may be coming into Farmington at any time,
there will probably always be a few people in town who just got
there and haven't finished healing yet.

> with no recalculations, redefining of terms such as "2006" or any
> other departure from what the normal reader understands when he

> reads "will occur on June 6, 2006"?

Right.

> Will this change in any way, shape, or form last for a period of
> time that is less than what the normal reader understands when he

> reads "The abolition of death and other evils will last forever"?

No.

> Do you wish at this time to add any of the usual qualifications
> that so many other people who have made such predictions often
> add after the fact?

No (without bothering to list them).

David Samuel Myers (are you the same David Myers I see on Quaker-L
and DryCleanOnly?) writes,

> Does your prophecy speak to you as specifically being Jesus'
> second coming

No--that will be later.

> ps- Lots of people have accurately prophesized that tragic,
> cathartic things will happen or are bound to happen (e.g., 9/11).
> It is rare that someone prophesizes something like Farmington666
> (a positive thing?). Do you care to comment on this aspect?

Hurrah!

JEB

Mar 2, 2005, 7:04:51 AM3/2/05

> JEB asks,
>
>> Why do you believe this prophecy?
>
> I believe it because it's what Christ tells me.
>
>> And is it important whether or not one believes the prophecy?
>
> I think if Christ tells you it's true, you should believe him.

Assuming you're proven wrong, is this just another "oops" or would you
seriously question your basic assumptions about where your leadings are
coming from?

JEB

adataylor

Mar 2, 2005, 8:43:02 AM3/2/05
kuennin...@voicenet.com wrote:
...|| Nobody will die in Farmington after 6/6/06. Anyone who is ill at

|| that time and who remains in Farmington will recover completely
|| within 3 days (usually less). Any sick or disabled person who
|| enters Farmington (at *any* time from 6/6/06 on will similarly
|| recover within 3 days...

Personally, I can think of nothing more horrible than living forever in this
flesh. Consequently, I hope that this is confined to Farmington and does
not travel west to central Illinois... and Farmington, Maine is now
definitely off my "places to retire" list.

David Samuel Myers

Mar 2, 2005, 8:58:06 AM3/2/05
kuennin...@voicenet.com <kuennin...@voicenet.com> wrote:
> David Samuel Myers (are you the same David Myers I see on Quaker-L
> and DryCleanOnly?) writes,

Indeed.

At this moment, I am subscribed to s.r.q, Quaker-L, yahoo-DryClean, and
also yahoo-quf and yahoo-qof. Apart from s.r.q., I have mainly used
wxd...@hotmail.com to post to other places. This account here gives me
good commandline newsgroup access, and so I continue to use it for s.r.q.
I don't like the googlegroups interface, but I may break down and start
using it sooner or later. Probably in the near future I will start using
gmail for most all my mail, too. It's all such a mess.

adataylor

Mar 2, 2005, 7:21:56 PM3/2/05
kuennin...@voicenet.com wrote:

I was thinking today about Farmington and wondering if it will become a city
of Holiness, or a city of Debauchery? If there are absolutely no ill effects
from our actions, then why should anybody worry about safe sex, or drinking
too much, or any other thing which will, in the rest of the world, lead to
poor health? I think Farmington will become a mecca for sin.

S McFarlane

Mar 3, 2005, 12:55:04 AM3/3/05

"adataylor" <adat...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

No offense, but I don't see that as an option. Either Licia is a prophet of
God, or she isn't. If she is, then who is to question the wisdom of God?
You seem to be shaking your fist at the thunderheads. If on the other hand
Licia is not a prophet of God, then we shall all soon enough know. IMHO,
the only proper response to purported prophecy is to wait and see (so the
scriptures say, at least. There, accuracy is our means for knowing a true
prophet of the Lord). To second guess it seems to me to say that "God would
be ill-advised to do such a thing..." With all due respect, that is hubris.
If Licia is a prophet of God, what will her second-guessers be in hindsight?
Those that second-guessed God himself, who will have been the one who moved
her to speak so in preparation for his movements...

I only pray that Lucia is fully aware of the weightiness of what she is
saying. To speak of prophesy is no small thing, at least for someone who
puts any weight at all on scripture. Some of the most difficult passages in
the Bible for modern folk involve false prophets. I personally pray and
hope that Licia is speaking for God. If she is, then it is not possible for
it to be unwise. On the contrary, it will be the will of God, which we
should by definition support. I cannot hope otherwise, as it is a serious
stumble on Licia's part if she speaks falsely. To believe that she is wrong
is to believe one of our fellow humans has stumbled badly. And so I can't.

I can't say I believe, but I can wait on the Lord. Here's hoping to seeing
some of you in Farmington...

how big is Farmington, anyway?

Scott

S McFarlane

Mar 3, 2005, 12:59:13 AM3/3/05
Hope this isn't double-billed, but it looked like the first attempt didn't
work...

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year

Mar 3, 2005, 2:03:38 AM3/3/05
dear licia, please know that your vision and book sound very exciting
to me. i can fully see your story as a book, yet at this time i can not
see your vision. which is not to be hurtful to you in any way but to let
you know that i know what it means to be given a great gift to hold
tenderly to my heart for always and then to be given a gift that is to
be shared in time with others in due season. in the beginning sharing
can be very painful due to this being so real and dear to one and
feeling that maybe one 1 out of 10 get it or fully know your heartsong
on the matter. then as time goes on and others see they can bank not
only on the visions but your very life can be held up to the brightest
light there's a growing and closeness that i can't put into words really
with those that in some way, a god way bond and blend into that vision.
much have i had to give up or lay aside to be where i am now on this
path but when i look back it was all really nothing of real lasting
value that i gave up when i see and feel the tears of hope in someone's
eyes when you give then just one word, and in some godly kind of way
that one word becomes a pic or vision of hope, yet maybe no one else in
the room sees or feels it. thats all most people really need anyway is
just a little hope to get faith to start taking root. so in saying all
of that i don' think that you take your vision or book lightly, that its
real and dear to you and i understand that. i do know we are to test and
try the spirit's as all are not from god and that others with the same
calling or gifting have the right to hold what we feel is a god thing up
to the light of god for judgement in the offices they hold within the
body of believers one is in. and that is a healthy and safe place to be.
so i hope you have support of fellow believers where you are, as it will
a big help to you or anyone for that matter. i look forward to reading
more from you so i have saved your site. thanks!!! faith

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 3, 2005, 7:06:03 AM3/3/05
JEB writes,

> Assuming you're proven wrong, is this just another "oops" or
> would you seriously question your basic assumptions about where
> your leadings are coming from?

I hope JEB's term "Assuming" is just a fancy way of saying "If,"
and doesn't mean that he is assuming that I'm wrong. I'm not
really interested in dialoguing with people who *assume* that I'm
wrong.

If I'm wrong then I never knew God and have little reason to
believe that there is one. This would go far beyond being "just
another 'oops.'" I would have to question all my thinking. But I
should also point out that I have no general, all-purpose "assump-
tions about where my leadings are coming from." Some "leadings"
are ephemeral things that, if they are mistaken, really would be
"just another 'oops.'" I wouldn't make a big issue of it. The
Farmington prophecy, on the other hand, has been with me for 8-1/2
years and has survived many an 'oops.' I consider it rock solid.

Eric writes,

> Personally, I can think of nothing more horrible than living
> forever in this flesh. Consequently, I hope that this is
> confined to Farmington and does not travel west to central
> Illinois... and Farmington, Maine is now definitely off my
> "places to retire" list.

Eric can be assured that it will not travel west to central
Illinois. But he must be confusing Farmington with some mistaken
fantasy of his own. Everybody in Farmington will be happy.

Hi to David Myers--glad to know he is the same one I dialogue with
on other fora.

Eric writes again,

> I was thinking today about Farmington and wondering if it will
> become a city of Holiness, or a city of Debauchery? If there are
> absolutely no ill effects from our actions, then why should
> anybody worry about safe sex, or drinking too much, or any other
> thing which will, in the rest of the world, lead to poor health?

I guess Eric is saying--'I wouldn't bother to be moral unless I
thought immorality would make me ill.' I think Eric had indeed
better stay in Illinois. Decent people try to do the right thing
because it's right. Drinking too much, when one isn't tempted to
it by being ill in one way or another, is just plain perverse. God
will probably find ways of keeping perverse people out of
Farmington. I hope Eric is a better person than he makes himself
sound.

> I think Farmington will become a mecca for sin.

Sin doesn't need a mecca. There are plenty of opportunities for
sin everywhere in the world. But the people in Farmington aren't
going to be looking for occasions to sin--they will be too happy.

And then he signs it,

> fare thee well in christ,

Eric, I don't think thee is in Christ! People who are in Christ
aren't looking for ways to debauch themselves. Get real.

I see this post has gotten longish, and there are 2 more replies in
my digest, including Scott's helpful post, which I'd like to
comment on at some length. So I'll reply to the remaining messages
in another post.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 3, 2005, 7:20:31 AM3/3/05
Scott McFarlane writes,

> Either Licia is a prophet of God, or she isn't. If she is,
> then who is to question the wisdom of God?

Right--except that I would rephrase that: <Either this prophecy
of Licia's comes from God or it doesn't.> I don't have an office
with a plate on the door reading "Prophet of God" ;-)

> IMHO, the only proper response to purported prophecy is to wait
> and see (so the scriptures say, at least. There, accuracy is
> our means for knowing a true prophet of the Lord).

True, but I would qualify that a little. God wouldn't bother to
give prophecy if he meant everybody to just wait and see. After
all, the future will come whether we know what is coming or not.
If God tells someone ahead of time that something important is
going to happen, and asks them to publish that message, it must
be because there are things that people can do to prepare for it.
I don't know just what preparations God might want Scott to make,
but there are situations where knowing about the new order that
will emerge in Farmington in just over 15 months could make a
real difference to someone's life. Think about how the debate
over Terri Schiavo would evaporate if all the people involved
knew that she will be completely well if only they can keep her
alive until June 6, 2006, and then bring her to Farmington.

(I did send a message to the governor of Florida asking him not
to let Terri be killed and referred him to the Farmington
prophecy. Of course he may not believe me, but if he does, that
could influence his decision.)

> To second guess it seems to me to say that "God would be ill-
> advised to do such a thing..." With all due respect, that is
> hubris.

I agree.

> I only pray that Licia is fully aware of the weightiness of

> what she is saying. To speak of prophesy is no small thing, at
> least for someone who puts any weight at all on scripture.
> Some of the most difficult passages in the Bible for modern
> folk involve false prophets.

Could Scott list a few of the passages he has in mind? I know
there are references to false prophets in the Bible, but I'm not
sure what point Scott is making here. I do, of course, know that
I'm saying something very weighty.

> I personally pray and hope that Licia is speaking for God.

Good. The thing I am predicting will be such a joyous thing that
the question of what sort of freak I am (;-)) is a very minor
aspect of it.

> I cannot hope otherwise, as it is a serious stumble on Licia's
> part if she speaks falsely. To believe that she is wrong is to
> believe one of our fellow humans has stumbled badly. And so I
> can't.

Our fellow humans stumble badly all the time. I hope there are
better reasons for believing in my prophecy than that it would be
sad if I had stumbled.

> I can't say I believe, but I can wait on the Lord. Here's
> hoping to seeing some of you in Farmington...

I certainly hope to see Scott there.

> how big is Farmington, anyway?

In area, about 57 square miles. In population, about 8000. The
population will increase, of course.
_______________

Faith <delight...@webtv.net> writes,

> dear licia, please know that your vision and book sound very
> exciting to me.

Keep watching. The book should be out by the end of June.

the computer

Mar 3, 2005, 8:13:50 AM3/3/05
Howdy,

SM> No offense, but I don't see that as an option. Either Licia is a
SM> prophet of God, or she isn't. If she is, then who is to question
SM> the wisdom of God? You seem to be shaking your fist at the
SM> thunderheads.

I have not and will not publically question Licia being a prophet. But,
I certainly will question what seems to me to be the logical outcome of the
prophecy, and if that seems to be shaking my fist at the thunderheads, than
sobeit. The idea of a place in the physical world without any illness or
death contradicts just about everything I believe concerning life on this
planet. There are reasons why we experience ill health and death, and to
remove those reasons results in the complete collapse of what I perceive
to be the reason and logic of physical life.

SM> If on the other hand Licia is not a prophet of God,
SM> then we shall all soon enough know. IMHO, the only proper response
SM> to purported prophecy is to wait and see (so the scriptures say, at
SM> least.

"Do not despise prophecies. Instead, test everything. Hold on to what is
good, but keep away from every kind of evil."
(1 Thessalonians 5:20-22)

"Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits to
see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out
into the world." (1 John 4:1)

"Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully
what is said. If a revelation is made to another person who is seated, the
first person should be silent. For everyone can prophesy in turn, so that
everyone can be instructed and everyone can be encouraged. The spirits of
prophets are subject to the prophets, for God is not a God of disorder but
of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,.." (1 Corinthians 14:29-33)

SM> There, accuracy is our means for knowing a true prophet of
SM> the Lord). To second guess it seems to me to say that "God would be
SM> ill-advised to do such a thing..." With all due respect, that is
SM> hubris. If Licia is a prophet of God, what will her second-guessers
SM> be in hindsight? Those that second-guessed God himself, who will
SM> have been the one who moved her to speak so in preparation for his
SM> movements...
SM>
SM> I only pray that Lucia is fully aware of the weightiness of what she
SM> is saying. To speak of prophesy is no small thing, at least for
SM> someone who puts any weight at all on scripture. Some of the most
SM> difficult passages in the Bible for modern folk involve false
SM> prophets. I personally pray and hope that Licia is speaking for
SM> God. If she is, then it is not possible for it to be unwise. On
SM> the contrary, it will be the will of God, which we should by
SM> definition support. I cannot hope otherwise, as it is a serious
SM> stumble on Licia's part if she speaks falsely. To believe that she
SM> is wrong is to believe one of our fellow humans has stumbled badly.
SM> And so I can't.
SM>
SM> I can't say I believe, but I can wait on the Lord. Here's hoping to
SM> seeing some of you in Farmington...
SM>
SM> how big is Farmington, anyway?
SM>
SM> Scott

I am not second guessing Licia, not am I criticizing her prophesying. In
fact, if her prophecy is true, than I will criticize god, because again,
physical life without any consequences can only result in debauchery, in
my opinion.

fare thee well in christ,

eric

the computer

Mar 3, 2005, 8:41:59 AM3/3/05
Hello kuennin...@voicenet.com,

k> JEB writes,
k>

>> Assuming you're proven wrong, is this just another "oops" or would
>> you seriously question your basic assumptions about where your
>> leadings are coming from?

k> I hope JEB's term "Assuming" is just a fancy way of saying "If," and
k> doesn't mean that he is assuming that I'm wrong. I'm not really
k> interested in dialoguing with people who *assume* that I'm wrong.
k>
k> If I'm wrong then I never knew God and have little reason to believe
k> that there is one.

I cannot understand why it would be true that you "never knew God and have
little reason to believe that there is one" if your prophecy proves to be
wrong? Is the only reason to believe in god dependent upon the truthfulness
of your prophesy?

k>
k> Eric writes again,
k>

>> I was thinking today about Farmington and wondering if it will become
>> a city of Holiness, or a city of Debauchery? If there are absolutely
>> no ill effects from our actions, then why should anybody worry about
>> safe sex, or drinking too much, or any other thing which will, in the
>> rest of the world, lead to poor health?

k> I guess Eric is saying--'I wouldn't bother to be moral unless I
k> thought immorality would make me ill.' I think Eric had indeed
k> better stay in Illinois. Decent people try to do the right thing
k> because it's right. Drinking too much, when one isn't tempted to it
k> by being ill in one way or another, is just plain perverse. God will
k> probably find ways of keeping perverse people out of Farmington. I
k> hope Eric is a better person than he makes himself sound.
k>

>> I think Farmington will become a mecca for sin.

k> Sin doesn't need a mecca. There are plenty of opportunities for sin
k> everywhere in the world. But the people in Farmington aren't going
k> to be looking for occasions to sin--they will be too happy.

But see Licia, herein is my point... there are as many places for sin in
the world as there are people, and if people learn that they can sin without
consequence in a place named Famington, Maine, than rest assurred, a sizeable
number of such people will migrate to such a place. Being healthy and not
dying does not make people happy, nor is it any qaurantee that a person will
not sin. I have seen many unhappy healthy people who are sinning to a great
degree. True happiness isn't based upon an outward condition, but rather
upon the inward relationship with truth -- the light of christ. I cannot
say whether your prophecy is true or not, but I can say with absolutely certainty
that there will still be sin in Farmington, and that everybody will not be
happy, unless your prophecy has something to do with the taking away of personal
autonomy as well, and the ability to think and experience life.

k>
k> And then he signs it,
k>

>> fare thee well in christ,

k> Eric, I don't think thee is in Christ! People who are in Christ
k> aren't looking for ways to debauch themselves. Get real.

Licia, please reread my post and then consider any point wherein I indicated
that I am looking for a way to debauch myself. I certainly cannot stop anybody
from making false attributions to my character, nor do I have any desire
to try, but it does make me somewhat sad that my personal character is automatically
impugned because I question what I see to be the logical outcome of another
person's words.

fare thee well in christ,

eric

the computer

Mar 3, 2005, 12:31:36 PM3/3/05
Hello Licia,

I hope that with you all is well.

Is your prophecy a fulfillment of what Paul wrote about to the Corinthians?

"Brothers, this is what I mean: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom
of God, and what decays cannot inherit what does not decay. Let me tell you
a secret. Not all of us will die, but all of us will be changed- in a moment,
in the blinking of an eye, at the sound of the last trumpet. Indeed, that
trumpet will sound, and then the dead will be raised never to decay, and
we will be changed. For what is decaying must put on what cannot decay, and
what is dying must put on what cannot die. Now, when what is decaying puts
on what cannot decay, and what is dying puts on what cannot die, then the
saying that is written will be fulfilled: "Death has been swallowed up in
victory!" "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"
Now the sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks
be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! Therefore,
my dear brothers, be steadfast, unmovable, always excelling in the work of
the Lord, because you know that your work isn't wasted in the Lord."

(1 Corinthians 15:50-58)

the computer

Mar 3, 2005, 12:35:26 PM3/3/05

JEB

Mar 3, 2005, 1:42:10 PM3/3/05

> But I
> should also point out that I have no general, all-purpose "assump-
> tions about where my leadings are coming from."

Isn't it important for Christians to be sure about the source of the
leadings - where they are coming from?

JEB

Dennis White

Mar 3, 2005, 8:39:51 PM3/3/05

<kuennin...@voicenet.com> wrote in message
snip...

Two things I wish to gently point out for your consideration; First, I am
dismayed by your saying that if you found yourself wrong in your prophesy
"...then I never knew God and have little reason to believe that there is
one". For myself, I think it would take something else besides being wrong
to think I had never known God, or that I should no longer believe God
exists. I am sure you will agree that none of us in the earthly, human
realm can truly know what God's plan is. A leading that turns out to be
different than expected is certainly common to most of us!

Secondly, I don't think that those who disagree with me are not in
Christ. Some disagree with me as a result of their own experience, some
disagree because they are wrong. Some may not really be in total
disagreement, but are willing to offer an alternative explanation. Many
times these alternatives are presented to foster discussion of a particular
subject. I think it unfair to pretend to know Eric's heart and to tell him

"I don't think thee is in Christ! People who are in Christ aren't looking

for ways to debauch themselves." I say this partly because I do not know
Eric's heart and his relationship with Christ. Even if I did, I still would
bet Christ loves him. I also don't think Eric was "looking for ways to
debauch (himself)" simply for stating that others might take advantage of
the situation.
I hope you understand my concern here. I don't wish to debate the above
points. I simply want to invite you to look at Eric's comments as
reasonable skepticism that seemed to me less a challenge to your prophesy
and more a questioning of what specifically mnight take place.

Respectfully
Dennis

Engineer

Mar 4, 2005, 5:17:09 AM3/4/05

kuennin...@voicenet.com wrote:

>If I'm wrong then I never knew God and have little reason to
>believe that there is one. This would go far beyond being "just

>another 'oops.'" I would have to question all my thinking. ...

>The Farmington prophecy, on the other hand, has been with me for
>8-1/2 >years and has survived many an 'oops.' I consider it rock
>solid.

Excellent. I have archived your prophecy and shall await the
date specified. A short time after that I will repost the
prophecy and either the Farmington crime statistics and death
notices or the Farmington lack-of-crime statistics and the
sudden absence of farmington death notices.

By the way, if your prophecy comes true you will be fully qualified
to claim the $1,000,000 Randi Prize. If you have no use for money,
James Randi would be glad to give the prize to any charity you choose.

Engineer

Mar 4, 2005, 5:38:30 AM3/4/05

kuennin...@voicenet.com wrote:

>God wouldn't bother to give prophecy if he meant everybody
>to just wait and see. After all, the future will come
>whether we know what is coming or not. If God tells someone
>ahead of time that something important is going to happen,
>and asks them to publish that message, it must be because
>there are things that people can do to prepare for it.

A have an answer from science, and an answer from the spirit of
God which I believe dwells it each of us.

ANSWER FROM SCIENCE:

In order for there to be a compelling reason to do anything
other than wait and see, one would have to make a decision
abot which of the following theories are true:

THEORY A
This prophecy is unlike the thousands and thousands of previous
prophecies. All previous prophecies have either be vague or
have failed to come true, but this one is different.

THEORY B
Licia Kuenning is just one more in the centuries-long string of
prophets who predict things that do not come to pass. There is
no reason at all to reject all other prophecies and accept this
one.

Alas, the two theories give identical results prior to the date
specified, and thus Science cannot decide between them. The
results diverge widely after that date, at which point Science
will have the anwer.

ANSWER FROM THE SPIRIT:
If God is able to speak to Licia Kuenning, He is also able to
speak to me. I will believe as soon as he tells me to do so.
Until then, I believe that God is leading me to ignore any such
claims, and certainly not to take any action based on them.
Please ask God to tell me himself if he wishes me to do something.

Engineer

Mar 4, 2005, 5:52:22 AM3/4/05

the computer wrote:

>I have not and will not publically question Licia being a prophet. But,
>I certainly will question what seems to me to be the logical outcome of the
>prophecy, and if that seems to be shaking my fist at the thunderheads, than
>sobeit.

You are right to question. I have been wondering why people wouldn't
stream into Farmington until they were stacked a hundred deep. The
bit about expanding the city limits to accomodate crowds seems to lead
to the city limit encompassing the entire globe.

>"Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits to
>see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out
>into the world." (1 John 4:1)

I guess you have that same "Other Bible" that differs from Licia's.

>I am not second guessing Licia, not am I criticizing her prophesying. In
>fact, if her prophecy is true, than I will criticize god, because again,
>physical life without any consequences can only result in debauchery, in
>my opinion.

On could, of course pile on miracle after miracle so that every objection
based on logical consequences would be answered by another miracle.
Just add on an anti-debauchery miracle, for example. Eventually those
in Farmington won't be human anymore; they will be sinless like the angels.
Come to think of it, that solves my overcrowding objection as well,
given the correct answer to the serious theological question of how many
angels can dance on the point of a pin (the choices are infinity or a
finite number, and yes, it is the point, not the head they dance on.)

Engineer

Mar 4, 2005, 6:05:25 AM3/4/05

David Samuel Myers wrote:

>ps- Lots of people have accurately prophesized that tragic, cathartic
>things will happen or are bound to happen (e.g., 9/11).

I contend that nobody has ever *accurately* prophesized anything.

There are vague predictions: "A hollywood star or rock musician
will have a drug problem". There are obviously likely predictions:
"The pope will die soon". There are untestable predictions: "In the
year 2764 an earthquake will destroy Perth". But there has never,
ever been a prediction such as the one we are considering (not vague,
easy to test to see if it happened, not likely to occur by natural
means) that has came true. Ever. This will be a first if it does.

I welcome documented counterexamples.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 4, 2005, 6:59:43 AM3/4/05
Eric writes,

> I certainly will question what seems to me to be the logical
> outcome of the prophecy, and if that seems to be shaking my

> fist at the thunderheads, than sobeit. The idea of a place in
> the physical world without any illness or death contradicts
> just about everything I believe concerning life on this planet.

Well, that's life.

> There are reasons why we experience ill health and death, and
> to remove those reasons results in the complete collapse of
> what I perceive to be the reason and logic of physical life.

But God's reasons and logic in creating human beings go beyond
mere biology. When God puts an end to death in Farmington,
nothing will collapse except the preconceptions of people like
Eric.

> if her prophecy is true, than I will criticize god, because
> again, physical life without any consequences can only result
> in debauchery, in my opinion.

Well, at least Eric understands that his argument is with God.

> Is the only reason to believe in god dependent upon the
> truthfulness of your prophesy?

No, but since I have known God for 42 years, and I am sure he
gave me this prophecy, if he did not fulfill it I would be like
someone who had been married for 42 years and was sure they knew
their spouse, and then they find hubby in bed with the mailman.

> But see Licia, herein is my point... there are as many places
> for sin in the world as there are people, and if people learn
> that they can sin without consequence in a place named
> Famington, Maine, than rest assurred, a sizeable number of such
> people will migrate to such a place.

In reality one cannot sin without consequence in Farmington. But
understanding why this is so would require a greater exercise of
imagination than Eric may be willing/able to make. This is part
of the reason why I am writing a novel.

> Being healthy and not dying does not make people happy, nor is

> it any qaurantee that a person will not sin.

True--and there is more to Farmington than just being alive and
free from known physical diseases. But again I despair of
communicating to Eric what Farmington is like. Read the novel.
(When it comes out--late in June. I can't do everything at once.)

> I have seen many unhappy healthy people who are sinning to a
> great degree. True happiness isn't based upon an outward
> condition, but rather upon the inward relationship with truth
> -- the light of christ.

Ah--now at last Eric is making sense. The light of Christ will
shine very well in Farmington. But remember what the light does.
It exposes sin. Once the sin is exposed people realize they need
to correct their way of life.

> I cannot say whether your prophecy is true or not, but I can
> say with absolutely certainty that there will still be sin in
> Farmington, and that everybody will not be happy, unless your
> prophecy has something to do with the taking away of personal
> autonomy as well, and the ability to think and experience life.

Eric should restrain his language--"absolute certainty" goes too
far for someone who admits he is not a prophet himself, let alone
God. Take a look at Farmington first, Eric--you will be
surprised.

> Licia, please reread my post and then consider any point
> wherein I indicated that I am looking for a way to debauch
> myself.

Without taking the time to reread Eric's post, I got the
impression that he thought *everybody* was looking for a way to
debauch themselves, and refrained only out of fear of illness.

If I misunderstood, please accept my apology and explain why you
are so sure Farmington will be full of debauchery. When you get
to Farmington, do you plan to lead a sinful life there, or not?

Now I see there is another post from Eric. (I get the messages
from soc.religion.quaker in digest form.)

Will post this and then write a little more.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 4, 2005, 7:28:08 AM3/4/05
Eric writes,

> Is your prophecy a fulfillment of what Paul wrote about to the
> Corinthians?
>
> "Brothers, this is what I mean: Flesh and blood cannot inherit
> the kingdom of God, and what decays cannot inherit what does not
> decay. Let me tell you a secret. Not all of us will die

Paul is right when he says "Not all of us will die." But Paul is
not writing about Farmington in this passage.

My prophecy is not in the Bible. It also does not contradict the
Bible.

JEB writes,

> Isn't it important for Christians to be sure about the source of
> the leadings - where they are coming from?

In principle, yes. In practice, this can be very difficult. To
take an analogy from computerland, suppose you get an e-mail from
an old friend--or at least his e-mail address is on the "From"
line. If the message is in character for your friend, you don't
stop to question whether it came from him. But suppose it's out of
character. You might consider that hackers can easily fake e-mail
addresses. You would then take further steps to find out whether
the odd message really came from your friend or not.

But suppose you write to your old friend and he doesn't answer.
And then you reread the strange message and realize he is asking
you to do something important which needs to be done within the
next 24 hours. Naturally you are suspicious. Hoaxes are common on
the Internet. The author sounds very urgent. He says that he may
not be able to write to you again very soon, so please take his
word for it and do the thing he asks.

Well, you can finish this story any way you please, but that's the
kind of dilemma that Christian discipleship sometimes lands me in,
and I do the best I can with it.

In the case of the Farmington prophecy, however, Christ and I have
been exchanging e-mails on the subject for years, and he is pretty
consistent about it.
_______________

Dennis White writes,

> I am dismayed by your saying that if you found yourself wrong in

> your prophesy "...then I never knew God and have little reason to

> believe that there is one". For myself, I think it would take
> something else besides being wrong to think I had never known
> God,

True. But see my answer to JEB above.

> I am sure you will agree that none of us in the earthly, human
> realm can truly know what God's plan is. A leading that turns
> out to be different than expected is certainly common to most of
> us!

This is true; but on the other hand some things are more certain
than others. Dennis probably has had some basic experiences of God
that he doesn't keep calling in question. I don't know just what
God has communicated to Dennis, or how often, but I'd be surprised
if all his leadings were up for grabs.

> Secondly, I don't think that those who disagree with me are not
> in Christ.

Of course not--and neither do I. My remark about Eric not being in
Christ (which is outdated by subsequent exchanges on this thread)
was a reaction to his obsession with the subject of debauchery, and
his being sure that even in the new Jerusalem people would be
sinning all they could. But I may have misunderstood him.

William Ehrich

Mar 4, 2005, 7:47:47 AM3/4/05
> In reality one cannot sin without consequence in Farmington. But
> understanding why this is so would require a greater exercise of
> imagination than Eric may be willing/able to make. This is part
> of the reason why I am writing a novel.

I look forward to reading it.

-- Bill Ehrich

David Samuel Myers

Mar 4, 2005, 7:55:05 AM3/4/05
Engineer <inv...@example.com> wrote:
> I contend that nobody has ever *accurately* prophesized anything.

That depends, um, on what you mean by prophecy. I mean, the Higgs Boson
has been predicted. Do you mean things like that don't count? Or are you
meaning just mystical/religious kinds of things?

the computer

Mar 4, 2005, 8:15:38 AM3/4/05
Hello kuennin...@voicenet.com,

k> Eric writes,

k> Eric should restrain his language--"absolute certainty" goes too far
k> for someone who admits he is not a prophet himself, let alone God.
k> Take a look at Farmington first, Eric--you will be surprised.

When did I admit that I am not a prophet?

>> Licia, please reread my post and then consider any point wherein I
>> indicated that I am looking for a way to debauch myself.

k> Without taking the time to reread Eric's post, I got the impression
k> that he thought *everybody* was looking for a way to debauch
k> themselves, and refrained only out of fear of illness.
k>
k> If I misunderstood, please accept my apology and explain why you are
k> so sure Farmington will be full of debauchery. When you get to
k> Farmington, do you plan to lead a sinful life there, or not?

Like I said in an earlier post, I have no intention to visit Farmington.
Again, endless life in this flesh sounds absolutely horrific to me.
k>

the computer

Mar 4, 2005, 8:24:04 AM3/4/05
Hello kuennin...@voicenet.com,

k> Eric writes,

k> Eric should restrain his language--"absolute certainty" goes too far
k> for someone who admits he is not a prophet himself, let alone God.
k> Take a look at Farmington first, Eric--you will be surprised.

When did I admit that I am not a prophet?

>> Licia, please reread my post and then consider any point wherein I
>> indicated that I am looking for a way to debauch myself.

the computer

Mar 4, 2005, 8:30:53 AM3/4/05
Hello kuennin...@voicenet.com,

k> Of course not--and neither do I. My remark about Eric not being in
k> Christ (which is outdated by subsequent exchanges on this thread) was
k> a reaction to his obsession with the subject of debauchery, and his
k> being sure that even in the new Jerusalem people would be sinning all
k> they could. But I may have misunderstood him.

Yes, perhaps I should have been more clear initially. I certainly do not
believe that every single person would desire to sin, well, take myself as
an example, my very abhorrence of the idea of living forever in the flesh,
and avoiding Farmington should have been an indication that indeed I did
not wish to debauch myself. My contention is that there are many people
who would indeed desire such a risk free environment. Sinning or not sinning
depends upon so much more than just being healthy. Will everybody have the
exact same style of house, and an exact inventory of possessions? Else we
must deal with envy. And of course, just being equal isn't enough for some
people, there are those poor souls who want to be better. Is there going
to be an increasing amount of jail space for all those people who do not
want to play by the rules of the spirit? I cannot see Farmington working
without becoming a police state and also developing some form of mind control...
again, I am speaking directly to the issue of sin. In fact the only way
I see Farmington working is if all the inhabitants and those who visit become
entirely something not human.

Also, have you not considered the reaction of the government? A phenomena
like this will not pass unexamined by the federal government. There would
be a time of disbelief, but as the statistics continue to mount, congress
would commission millions if not billions to study the situation in Farmington.
Everything will be studied - the people, the environment, even the little
bugs crawling around (incidentally, will the living forever also apply to
all the non-human inhabitants of Farmington? Especially to those lifeforms
which in fact often cause disease in humans). In the end, the government,
not being able to understand Farmington, and being unable to replicate it,
will dismantle the town and force all of the citizens to move elsewhere...
because really now, the government doesn't allow things to exist that it
cannot understand... and if people think Social Security is a mess now, wait
until they have to start paying for people who never die.

Engineer

Mar 4, 2005, 7:07:14 PM3/4/05

David Samuel Myers wrote:

The Higgs Boson prediction fits the "obviously likely predictions"
class that was detailed in the part you snipped. Here is a copy:

I contend that nobody has ever *accurately* prophesized anything.

There are vague predictions: "A hollywood star or rock musician

will have a drug problem". There are obviously likely predictions:
"The pope will die soon". There are untestable predictions: "In the
year 2764 an earthquake will destroy Perth". But there has never,
ever been a prediction such as the one we are considering (not vague,
easy to test to see if it happened, not likely to occur by natural
means) that has came true. Ever. This will be a first if it does.

Predicting the discovery of the Higgs Boson is like predicting
the death of the Pope. The pope is 84 years old, has Parkinson's
disease, and the flu nearly killed him recently. It doen't take
a prophet to predict a new pope before, say, his 100th birthday.
In like manner, assuming the Standard Model, a massless photon
and massive W and Z particles, it doen't take a prophet to predict
the Higgs Boson.

the computer

Mar 4, 2005, 8:06:17 PM3/4/05

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 4, 2005, 10:44:21 PM3/4/05
I see that the person writing the most messages in the digest I
just received is "Engineer," so I will let his train roll by me
for the moment and reply to the other contributors.

William Ehrich writes, quoting me,

Now there's a refreshing reply. Thanks.
_______________

David Samuel Myers writes, quoting Engineer,

>> I contend that nobody has ever *accurately* prophesized
>> anything.
>
> That depends, um, on what you mean by prophecy. I mean, the
> Higgs Boson has been predicted. Do you mean things like that
> don't count? Or are you meaning just mystical/religious kinds
> of things?

What is the Higgs Boson?
_______________

"The computer" (Eric's) writes,

> When did I admit that I am not a prophet?

Eric's style seems to be to write in a way that implies certain
things and then, when I assume that those things are true, to
demand chapter and verse as to when he said so in so many words.
We've been through one round of that already, and I apologized,
but I'm not going to keep apologizing, nor am I going to go over
all the many posts from Eric in this thread to try to pin down
where I got my sincere impressions.

> Like I said in an earlier post, I have no intention to visit
> Farmington. Again, endless life in this flesh sounds
> absolutely horrific to me.

So Eric has no intention of finding out, at first hand, whether
Farmington is the sort of place that he imagines, without having
seen it, it would be.

He's free to do that, of course; but then I wonder why he keeps
reading and replying to this thread. I have no intention of ever
visiting a studio where pornographic movies are filmed; but for
the same reason that I wouldn't visit such a studio, I also
wouldn't subscribe to a list devoted to pornography. Something
about Farmington must attract Eric to keep him in the discussion.

In his next post, Eric writes,

> Yes, perhaps I should have been more clear initially. I
> certainly do not believe that every single person would desire
> to sin, well, take myself as an example, my very abhorrence of
> the idea of living forever in the flesh, and avoiding
> Farmington should have been an indication that indeed I did not
> wish to debauch myself.

What it indicates to me is that Eric has a dirty mind. And
people with dirty minds usually sneak off and do the things they
so loudly declaim against. There won't be any debauchery in
Farmington--but of course Eric will be too busy writing posts to
soc.religion.quaker, denouncing the imaginary debauchery in
Farmington, to learn better.

> My contention is that there are many people who would indeed
> desire such a risk free environment. Sinning or not sinning
> depends upon so much more than just being healthy. Will
> everybody have the exact same style of house, and an exact
> inventory of possessions? Else we must deal with envy. And of
> course, just being equal isn't enough for some people, there
> are those poor souls who want to be better. Is there going to
> be an increasing amount of jail space for all those people who
> do not want to play by the rules of the spirit?

This is funny--but it's also sad. One thing that's sad about it
is that Eric thinks everybody should be just alike. They should

have "the exact same style of house, and an exact inventory of

possessions? Else we must deal with envy." No room in his
thinking, apparently, for people to live happily side by side in
different style houses--although that is exactly what people do
in any healthy community. And why should anybody settle for
"just being equal," when in any normal community some people
excel at one thing, and others excel at something else?

Eric, you're wrong. It isn't healthy people who become envious
because their neighbor's house is different from theirs, or
because their neighbor plays the guitar better than they do, or
works better in the morning while they themselves feel peppier in
the evening. It's only neurotic people who are obsessed with
"keeping up with the Joneses." Healthy people let the Joneses be
the Joneses and enjoy being themselves.

But more fundamentally, Eric thinks like a prisoner. "Playing by
the rules of the spirit" (since when does the spirit have a list
of rules?) must be enforced by throwing those who won't follow
those rules in jail.

Are you a Quaker, Eric--and has nobody ever told you that there
is nothing more liberating than following the Spirit of Christ?
In my novel (an imaginative portrayal of what the fulfillment of
my prophecy might be like) there is the following passage:

Tuck McCarty and his cellmate remained in the Franklin
County Detention Center until June 13, at which time the
building was turned into a rooming house. As the Franklin
County sheriff explained to his friends in Augusta, "Nobody
who is currently in Farmington needs to be locked up. If
crimes are committed in other parts of Franklin County perhaps
the perpetrators can be sent somewhere else. We could also
accommodate them here, but not behind bars.
"Those who have been sentenced to longer terms in the state
prison in Warren will report there when they are supposed to
do so." He didn't need to explain to anyone that people in
Farmington can be trusted--this had become obvious."

> Also, have you not considered the reaction of the government?

Well, in my novel the Maine state legislature passes a bill
excepting Farmington from all state laws. Since there isn't any
crime there, and none of the old regulations make sense in
Farmington any more, this is a realistic move.

It will take the federal government a little longer to reach a
similar conclusion--but only because the congresspeople are
farther from Maine and have less first-hand experience of what
Farmington is like.

> and if people think Social Security is a mess now, wait until
> they have to start paying for people who never die.

Probably Farmington residents will voluntarily forego collecting
Social Security--they will have no medical expenses, will get
along well with their neighbors so will have no legal expenses,
and they will all be healthy enough to go on earning their
livings indefinitely.

eric volkel-barno

Mar 4, 2005, 11:16:07 PM3/4/05
Hello Licia:

k> "The computer" (Eric's) writes,
k>

>> When did I admit that I am not a prophet?

k> Eric's style seems to be to write in a way that implies certain
k> things and then, when I assume that those things are true, to demand
k> chapter and verse as to when he said so in so many words.

Licia, you seem to make a great many assumptions without any real reason.
To my knowledge, nothing in my posts has made any indication concerning
the possibility of my not being a prophet, or ever god for that matter.
You seem to have a predetermined notion of the sort of person I am, and your
remarks reflect that presupposition. I think that perhaps you need to be
more careful and listen, in this case read.

k> We've been
k> through one round of that already, and I apologized, but I'm not
k> going to keep apologizing, nor am I going to go over all the many
k> posts from Eric in this thread to try to pin down where I got my
k> sincere impressions.

I have not once asked you for an apology, but I certainly have felt that
it is proper to point out when you have attributed statements or implications
to my person which I feel are incorrect. I have made these "corrections"
not from spite or anger, but rather I do not wish any, what might be false,
conceptions to exist about my person without my, at the least, addressing
them. Nevertheless, you are certainly free to believe whatever you wish
to concerning my person... such is your prerogative, and I find no offense.

k>

>> Like I said in an earlier post, I have no intention to visit
>> Farmington. Again, endless life in this flesh sounds absolutely
>> horrific to me.

k> So Eric has no intention of finding out, at first hand, whether
k> Farmington is the sort of place that he imagines, without having seen
k> it, it would be.

Well, Licia, first you accuse me of being the sort of person who wishes to
find ways to debauch myself, and then when I pointed out that I had previously
indicated I had no desire to be in such a situation, I seem to be criticized
for that stance as well. Incidentally, I do not need to go to an opium den
to imagine it to be the type of place I do not wish to visit.

k>
k> He's free to do that, of course; but then I wonder why he keeps
k> reading and replying to this thread. I have no intention of ever
k> visiting a studio where pornographic movies are filmed; but for the
k> same reason that I wouldn't visit such a studio, I also wouldn't
k> subscribe to a list devoted to pornography. Something about
k> Farmington must attract Eric to keep him in the discussion.

Actually, I thought I was engaging in a conversation with you and others.
I wouldn't call it an attraction, but I will say that I find the Farmington
prophecy to be antithetical to what I believe is the purpose of prophecy,
and the meaning of life. I have merely been engaging you and others in discussing
these issues. I certainly hope you are made of sterner stuff; my mild posts
seem to upset you, but I think you are in for much stronger criticism in
the future as the sixth month of 2006 approaches.

k> In his next post, Eric writes,
k>

>> Yes, perhaps I should have been more clear initially. I certainly do
>> not believe that every single person would desire to sin, well, take
>> myself as an example, my very abhorrence of the idea of living
>> forever in the flesh, and avoiding Farmington should have been an
>> indication that indeed I did not wish to debauch myself.

k> What it indicates to me is that Eric has a dirty mind. And people
k> with dirty minds usually sneak off and do the things they so loudly
k> declaim against. There won't be any debauchery in Farmington--but of
k> course Eric will be too busy writing posts to soc.religion.quaker,
k> denouncing the imaginary debauchery in Farmington, to learn better.

I suppose I do have a dirty mind. I struggle with the flesh, as did Paul.
I pray for guidance and wisdom, I seek to follow christ, and I know that
I occassionally fail. I have sinned and it is quite possible that I will
sin again before this flesh fails.

For me, the implications of the Farmington prophecy is a matter of logic,
b following a, and all that nonsense. I understand that you have a different
conception of what this will mean for Farmington, and I certainly have no
right or ability to dissuade you from such a belief. But hopefully you are
willing to listen to others, and thereby perhaps be spoken to by the spirit
of christ. I am not necessarily claiming, nor disclaiming, that I am speaking
in the spirit of christ, but I have often found that the lord has spoken
to me through the most unlikely voices and circumstances.

>> My contention is that there are many people who would indeed desire
>> such a risk free environment. Sinning or not sinning depends upon so
>> much more than just being healthy. Will everybody have the exact
>> same style of house, and an exact inventory of possessions? Else we
>> must deal with envy. And of course, just being equal isn't enough
>> for some people, there are those poor souls who want to be better.
>> Is there going to be an increasing amount of jail space for all those
>> people who do not want to play by the rules of the spirit?

k> This is funny--but it's also sad. One thing that's sad about it is
k> that Eric thinks everybody should be just alike. They should have
k> "the exact same style of house, and an exact inventory of
k> possessions? Else we must deal with envy." No room in his thinking,
k> apparently, for people to live happily side by side in different
k> style houses--although that is exactly what people do in any healthy
k> community. And why should anybody settle for "just being equal,"
k> when in any normal community some people excel at one thing, and
k> others excel at something else?

k> Eric, you're wrong. It isn't healthy people who become envious
k> because their neighbor's house is different from theirs, or because
k> their neighbor plays the guitar better than they do, or works better
k> in the morning while they themselves feel peppier in the evening.
k> It's only neurotic people who are obsessed with "keeping up with the
k> Joneses." Healthy people let the Joneses be the Joneses and enjoy
k> being themselves.
k>
k> But more fundamentally, Eric thinks like a prisoner. "Playing by the
k> rules of the spirit" (since when does the spirit have a list of
k> rules?) must be enforced by throwing those who won't follow those
k> rules in jail.
k>
k> Are you a Quaker, Eric--and has nobody ever told you that there is
k> nothing more liberating than following the Spirit of Christ? In my
k> novel (an imaginative portrayal of what the fulfillment of my
k> prophecy might be like) there is the following passage:
k>
k> Tuck McCarty and his cellmate remained in the Franklin
k> County Detention Center until June 13, at which time the
k> building was turned into a rooming house. As the Franklin
k> County sheriff explained to his friends in Augusta, "Nobody
k> who is currently in Farmington needs to be locked up. If
k> crimes are committed in other parts of Franklin County perhaps
k> the perpetrators can be sent somewhere else. We could also
k> accommodate them here, but not behind bars.
k> "Those who have been sentenced to longer terms in the state
k> prison in Warren will report there when they are supposed to
k> do so." He didn't need to explain to anyone that people in
k> Farmington can be trusted--this had become obvious."

>> Also, have you not considered the reaction of the government?

k> Well, in my novel the Maine state legislature passes a bill excepting
k> Farmington from all state laws. Since there isn't any crime there,
k> and none of the old regulations make sense in Farmington any more,
k> this is a realistic move.
k>
k> It will take the federal government a little longer to reach a
k> similar conclusion--but only because the congresspeople are farther
k> from Maine and have less first-hand experience of what Farmington is
k> like.
k>

>> and if people think Social Security is a mess now, wait until they
>> have to start paying for people who never die.

k> Probably Farmington residents will voluntarily forego collecting
k> Social Security--they will have no medical expenses, will get along
k> well with their neighbors so will have no legal expenses, and they
k> will all be healthy enough to go on earning their livings
k> indefinitely.
k>
k> Licia Kuenning
k> Friends of Truth/Glenside Friends Meeting/Quaker Heritage Press
k> http://www.megalink.net/~klee http://www.qhpress.org
k> kl...@megalink.net li...@qhpress.org
k>
k> WATCH FARMINGTON!
k>

I think I have written enough already, in prior posts, to answer the thoughts
above.

Licia, I respect what you have done for quaker writings, and I deeply appreciate
the fine quality books that I have been able to procur through your efforts.
I certainly hope that you continue that fine work, because I am eagerly
looking forward to completing my Naylor collection. I wish you the very
best, and I pray that, if perchance your prophecy doesn't work out, your
faith will be able to withstand any dissappointment you might experience.
Faith is a gift, and we should not spend it unwisely. I ask that you pray
for me.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 5, 2005, 12:19:46 AM3/5/05
Engineer writes,

> I have archived your prophecy and shall await the date specified.
> A short time after that I will repost the prophecy and either the
> Farmington crime statistics and death notices or the Farmington
> lack-of-crime statistics and the sudden absence of farmington
> death notices.

You can save yourself the trouble: it will be in the Washington
Post, the New York Times, and every other major newspaper faster
than you can compile statistics. The change in Farmington will be
very obvious.

> By the way, if your prophecy comes true you will be fully
> qualified to claim the $1,000,000 Randi Prize.

How do I go about doing that?

> A have an answer from science, and an answer from the spirit of
> God which I believe dwells it each of us.

(I'll skip his answers from science, since God invented science.)

> ANSWER FROM THE SPIRIT:
> If God is able to speak to Licia Kuenning, He is also able to
> speak to me. I will believe as soon as he tells me to do so.
> Until then, I believe that God is leading me to ignore any such
> claims, and certainly not to take any action based on them.

If God told you to ignore them, why are there 3 more posts from you
on this thread?

> Please ask God to tell me himself if he wishes me to do
> something.

Why should I? In any case, I pray only as immediately led, and I
haven't been led to ask God to tell Engineer what to do.

> I have been wondering why people wouldn't stream into Farmington
> until they were stacked a hundred deep.

Because God tells people in Farmington what to do--and he tells
some of them not to stay there.

> Eventually those in Farmington won't be human anymore; they will
> be sinless like the angels.

Angels aren't necessarily sinless--doesn't Engineer know that the
devil is a fallen angel? But humans are commanded to be perfect:
Jesus said so, and George Fox made a major issue of it.

> I contend that nobody has ever *accurately* prophesized anything.
>

> There are vague predictions: "A hollywood star or rock musician
> will have a drug problem". There are obviously likely
> predictions: "The pope will die soon". There are untestable
> predictions: "In the year 2764 an earthquake will destroy Perth".
> But there has never, ever been a prediction such as the one we
> are considering (not vague, easy to test to see if it happened,
> not likely to occur by natural means) that has came true. Ever.
> This will be a first if it does.

Interesting. Maybe it really will be a first. It's going to
happen.

Licia Kuenning

Friends of Truth/Glenside Friends Meeting/Quaker Heritage Press

http://www.megalink.net/~klee http://www.qhpress.org
kl...@megalink.net li...@qhpress.org

WATCH FARMINGTON!

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 5, 2005, 8:06:48 AM3/5/05
Eric Volkel-Barno writes,

> Licia, you seem to make a great many assumptions without any
> real reason. To my knowledge, nothing in my posts has made any
> indication concerning the possibility of my not being a
> prophet, or ever god for that matter. You seem to have a
> predetermined notion of the sort of person I am, and your
> remarks reflect that presupposition. I think that perhaps you
> need to be more careful and listen, in this case read.

If I were getting this sort of reaction from every participant in
this thread I might indeed think I wasn't reading carefully
enough. I keep getting it from Eric, but only from Eric. So
okay--Eric and I obviously have a communication problem. It
doesn't follow that the problem is all my fault, or even
primarily my fault. Eric has to take responsibility for his side
of the exchange. If he finds that he just can't get his meaning
across to me maybe he will have to give up on it and talk to
someone that he can communicate better with.

> I have not once asked you for an apology, but I certainly have
> felt that it is proper to point out when you have attributed
> statements or implications to my person which I feel are
> incorrect.

Sure. But since the problem does happen over and over, it might
be more effective for Eric to look at the ways in which what he
writes might be misunderstood, and try to write more clearly.

> Well, Licia, first you accuse me of being the sort of person
> who wishes to find ways to debauch myself, and then when I
> pointed out that I had previously indicated I had no desire to
> be in such a situation, I seem to be criticized for that stance
> as well.

And so on, and so on.

> Actually, I thought I was engaging in a conversation with you
> and others. I wouldn't call it an attraction, but I will say
> that I find the Farmington prophecy to be antithetical to what
> I believe is the purpose of prophecy, and the meaning of life.

But there are thousands of conversations on the Internet. Nobody
can participate in all of them--everyone picks the ones he or she
finds most interesting. I continue to say that there must be
something about this particular conversation that attracts Eric.
I wouldn't spend this much time discussing something I thought
was antithetical to the meaning of life.

> I have merely been engaging you and others in discussing these
> issues. I certainly hope you are made of sterner stuff; my
> mild posts seem to upset you,

No, I'm not upset--I'm just puzzled.

> but I think you are in for much stronger criticism in the
> future as the sixth month of 2006 approaches.

I get plenty of criticism, thank you. The reason it doesn't
upset me is that when June 6, 2006 arrives, all those critics
will realize they were wrong. Including Eric.

> I suppose I do have a dirty mind. I struggle with the flesh,
> as did Paul. I pray for guidance and wisdom, I seek to follow
> christ, and I know that I occassionally fail. I have sinned
> and it is quite possible that I will sin again before this
> flesh fails.

Thank you for an honest comment. I wish it had come earlier in
the exchange.

> For me, the implications of the Farmington prophecy is a matter
> of logic, b following a, and all that nonsense.

Logic isn't nonsense. I think the reason Eric's "logic" comes
out as nonsense in my view is that he is making some false
assumptions. "b" may follow "a," but if "a" is mistaken, or if
the reasoner has tacitly assumed "c" between a and b, the
conclusion may be wrong. I'm all in favor of logic and would
encourage Eric to be more careful with his.

> I understand that you have a different conception of what this
> will mean for Farmington, and I certainly have no right or
> ability to dissuade you from such a belief. But hopefully you
> are willing to listen to others, and thereby perhaps be spoken
> to by the spirit of christ.

Yes, of course. But like everyone else, I discern the spirits in
what others say to me. Most of what Eric has written hasn't felt
to me as if it came from the Spirit of Christ.

> I am not necessarily claiming, nor disclaiming, that I am
> speaking in the spirit of christ, but I have often found that
> the lord has spoken to me through the most unlikely voices and
> circumstances.

Good. I hope the Lord will speak to me through Eric.

> Licia, I respect what you have done for quaker writings, and I
> deeply appreciate the fine quality books that I have been able
> to procur through your efforts. I certainly hope that you
> continue that fine work, because I am eagerly looking forward
> to completing my Naylor collection.

Thank you.

> I wish you the very best, and I pray that, if perchance your
> prophecy doesn't work out, your faith will be able to withstand
> any dissappointment you might experience. Faith is a gift, and
> we should not spend it unwisely.

This is an example of words which, on the surface, look as if
they might have been spoken from the spirit of Christ, and yet I
don't feel that Spirit in them. Eric may need to re-examine
what motivated him to write them.

> I ask that you pray for me.

Likewise, as in my comment above. I pray only as led. If I feel
led to pray for Eric, I will.

Engineer

Mar 5, 2005, 8:41:25 AM3/5/05

kuennin...@voicenet.com wrote:

>I see that the person writing the most messages in the digest I
>just received is "Engineer," so I will let his train roll by me
>for the moment and reply to the other contributors.

How very rude and dismissive of you.

eric volkel-barno

Mar 5, 2005, 8:51:43 AM3/5/05
Hello Engineer,

I hope that with you all is well.

E> You are right to question. I have been wondering why people wouldn't
E> stream into Farmington until they were stacked a hundred deep. The
E> bit about expanding the city limits to accomodate crowds seems to
E> lead to the city limit encompassing the entire globe.

I think that on this matter we are agreed. I always appreciate a "healthy"
skeptic.

>> "Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits
>> to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have
>> gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1)
>>

E> I guess you have that same "Other Bible" that differs from Licia's.

Indeed.

>> I am not second guessing Licia, not am I criticizing her prophesying.
>> In fact, if her prophecy is true, than I will criticize god, because
>> again, physical life without any consequences can only result in
>> debauchery, in my opinion.
>>

E> On could, of course pile on miracle after miracle so that every objection
E> based on logical consequences would be answered by another miracle.
E> Just add on an anti-debauchery miracle, for example. Eventually those
E> in Farmington won't be human anymore; they will be sinless like the angels.
E> Come to think of it, that solves my overcrowding objection as well,
E> given the correct answer to the serious theological question of how many
E> angels can dance on the point of a pin (the choices are infinity or a
E> finite number, and yes, it is the point, not the head they dance on.)

For me, the Farmington prophesy contradicts what I consider to be the major
purpose of prophecy, which is to lead people into a change of mind and behaviour.
Nowhere in the christian scriptures do I find a place where we are promised
to live forever in this flesh. In fact, the passage from Paul, which I quoted
earlier, plainly says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kindgom of
god. I find this prophecy sad and unfortunate, and in no way honouring christ.
I have a feeling that Licia, facing her own mortality, has constructed a
way to alleviate her fears. I cannot be 100% sure that the prophecy is incorrect,
but I am somewhat close to being 98% certain. The thing I find the saddest
is that she has indicated that her faith in god is wrapped up in the truthfulness
of this prophecy; for me that seems an awfully shaky foundation for a person's
faith. The entire exchange has left me with a feeling of sadness, but, in
all, may christ be experienced.

eric volkel-barno

Mar 5, 2005, 9:04:56 AM3/5/05
Hello Engineer,

I hope that with you all is well.

E> You are right to question. I have been wondering why people wouldn't
E> stream into Farmington until they were stacked a hundred deep. The
E> bit about expanding the city limits to accomodate crowds seems to
E> lead to the city limit encompassing the entire globe.

I think that on this matter we are agreed. I always appreciate a "healthy"
skeptic.

>> "Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits
>> to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have
>> gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1)
>>

E> I guess you have that same "Other Bible" that differs from Licia's.

Indeed.

>> I am not second guessing Licia, not am I criticizing her prophesying.
>> In fact, if her prophecy is true, than I will criticize god, because
>> again, physical life without any consequences can only result in
>> debauchery, in my opinion.

Ian Davis

Mar 6, 2005, 1:58:57 AM3/6/05
In article <112jdog...@corp.supernews.com>,

Not necessarily rude. If one is practicing triage one does not do the longest
operation first. So the statement may simply be an acknowledgement of that
fact. Neither necessarily dismissive. The text did say "for the moment"..
if anything this holds out the promise not that you are being dismissed
but rather merely put on hold. Also is it not more polite to explain
all this than to not take the time to respond at all..

Licia seems to me a very blunt and direct sort of person. Personally I like
blunt and direct. A person less blunt and direct might write the above with
the intent of being rude and dismissive, but a blunt person would be more
rude if they intended to be rude, and more explicitly dismissive if that
was their intent.

Licia, some questions.

1. In your post to S.R.Q you included in the FAQ

Q. Why has Farmington been chosen?
A. I do not know.

while at http://www.megalink.net/~klee/leaflet.html very similar text
reads:

Q. Why has Farmington been chosen?
A. We do not know.

I am wondering why the "we" got changed to an "I", and what the "we"
signifies.. is it the royal we, or intended to indicate that a collective
is promoting the claims cited, and if a collective is it a ficticious
collective appearing in the book, or am active collective of whom you
are a vocal member.

2. How certain are you that you have the address right. A web search
suggests that there are Farmington's all over the place. eg. New Mexico,
Michigan, Minnesota, Connecticut, Maine, Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa,
Utah, etc. and that is just in the US.

3. How certain are you that you have the date right. This might seem
like a silly question but time is if anything an even more tricky
thing than geography. There was a time when Europe kept time
according to both the Julian and Gregorian calendar resulting
in confusion about even the year. And further any attempt to
date things correctly as AD requires a fudge factor since no
one knows which year Jesus was born with certainty.

4. What is your geographic relationship with Farmington Maine.

5. Any idea why Farmington seems to be such a popular name. Is there an
original Farmington some where, or something special about the above
towns relationship with the name, such as a Farmington having
founded each of them.

Over. Ian

Engineer

Mar 6, 2005, 4:04:18 AM3/6/05

Ian Davis wrote:

>Not necessarily rude. If one is practicing triage one does not do the longest
>operation first. So the statement may simply be an acknowledgement of that
>fact. Neither necessarily dismissive. The text did say "for the moment"..

Point well taken. I probably misread the intent, and for that I apologize.
I have sent a cancel of my post, but of course not all systems honor cancels.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 6, 2005, 8:15:10 AM3/6/05
Ian Davis writes,

> 1. In your post to S.R.Q you included in the FAQ
>
> Q. Why has Farmington been chosen?
> A. I do not know.
>
> while at http://www.megalink.net/~klee/leaflet.html very
> similar text reads:
>
> Q. Why has Farmington been chosen?
> A. We do not know.

The text on the website is part of a novel. "Kathy Lee" writes
"we," perhaps without any very good reason, except that she and
some friends are collaborating in distributing the leaflet. She
is actually the only author of it. When I posted it on various
forums in my own voice there no longer seemed any function for
the "we," so I changed it to an "I".

> 2. How certain are you that you have the address right. A web
> search suggests that there are Farmington's all over the place.
> eg. New Mexico, Michigan, Minnesota, Connecticut, Maine,
> Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Utah, etc.

Although Ian could not have known this, his question is amusing
to me because it's sort of as if Christ had given me a prophecy
about my husband, Larry, and when I reported it to my meeting
someone had asked, how do you know it isn't about some other
Larry?

I know the town of Farmington, Maine, very well, and Christ
knows, when he talks to me about "Farmington," that I understand
he is referring to that little town whose aerial photo is the
background on my computer's monitor.

> 3. How certain are you that you have the date right. This
> might seem like a silly question but time is if anything an
> even more tricky thing than geography. There was a time when
> Europe kept time according to both the Julian and Gregorian
> calendar resulting in confusion about even the year. And
> further any attempt to date things correctly as AD requires a
> fudge factor since no one knows which year Jesus was born with
> certainty.

I doubt there will be any change in the popular or the official
calendar in the U.S.A. in the next 15 months! Christ isn't
playing tricks. He means June 6, 2006, in the way that most
people would take those words.

> 4. What is your geographic relationship with Farmington Maine.

I live about 500 miles southeast of Farmington.

> 5. Any idea why Farmington seems to be such a popular name.

The one in Maine got that name because it was a good place for
farming. Perhaps lots of other places have been found good for
farming.
_________________________________
Here's a technical question. I notice that the Farmington thread
now follows so many other threads on the Google board that new
readers will probably not find it. I think on most web
discussion boards the thread that has most recently been
inputted appears at the top. There is lots of activity on
this thread, but how are newcomers to soc.religion.quaker
supposed to know this? Is there any way to get "Farmington"
moved higher on the list?
_____________________________________

Licia Kuenning
kl...@megalink.net or li...@qhpress.org
http://www.megalink.net/~klee

WATCH FARMINGTON!

1womanwhoisnotinto thelifetimechannel

Mar 6, 2005, 9:51:20 AM3/6/05
hello licia, i am getting this newsgroup thur msn. i see the whole
thread one post right after another on the same page, meaning i don't
open one thread or topic to find alot of posts all together, as they are
all ready in order on one page as they are posted time wise. now if
more than one person is posting to the same thread or topic at about the
same time then the thread can get broken up so far with your thread this
has not happened. i am seeing 50 posts to your thread all together and
it is the second thread on this first page of this newsgroup. for this
thread to stay on the first page then it has to have people posting to
it all the time. but the longer the thread part of the thread can be on
pager one and part on page two. each page i see holds 100 posts and i
can get up to 12 to 15 pages per newsgroup but with this newsgroup i
only get about 3 pages so that about 300 posts at a time which i find
odd and i hate it this way.

i you have nothing to really post but want your thread to stay at the
top just put ttt(TTT) after the subject line in the header which means
take this thread to the top and then you don't feel the need to have to
put anything in your post. or put n/m(N/M) after the subject line which
means no message so no one will feel the need to open your post, yet
again it will move your post and thread up to the front and top and
first page of this newsgroup.

i hope i have been clear enough on this to be of help to you. i will
tell you that in the past just for the heck of it i have found at least
2 others places to read and post from that were better than google but i
did not save them cause i still like the way msn has this set up better
than any i have seen.

well its 8/50 am (give or take a min. or so) and i want to see how long
this post takes to post as on the weekend it takes longer. if you post
in the mddle of the night after 12am to 4am posts get on here the
fastest. i have had my posts show up by the time i hit send and then hit
group.

bye!!! faith

Ian Davis

Mar 6, 2005, 3:34:08 PM3/6/05
In article <1110114910....@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
kuennin...@voicenet.com <kuennin...@voicenet.com> wrote:
>Ian Davis writes,

>> 2. How certain are you that you have the address right. A web
>> search suggests that there are Farmington's all over the place.
>> eg. New Mexico, Michigan, Minnesota, Connecticut, Maine,
>> Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Utah, etc.
>
>Although Ian could not have known this, his question is amusing
>to me because it's sort of as if Christ had given me a prophecy
>about my husband, Larry, and when I reported it to my meeting
>someone had asked, how do you know it isn't about some other
>Larry?

Ah but I imagine by analogy that the prophesy wouldn't have been about
your husband, but about Larry, and that it might have been you who
got wires crossed by applying the inference Larry = Husband. For
you wrote about Farmington -- not about the place which you have
an aerial photograph of. So I was trying to deduce where the
translation of place to name occurred, just as I might wonder
where had in the prophesy about Larry/Husband the one became
the other.

>I know the town of Farmington, Maine, very well, and Christ
>knows, when he talks to me about "Farmington," that I understand
>he is referring to that little town whose aerial photo is the
>background on my computer's monitor.
>
>> 3. How certain are you that you have the date right. This
>> might seem like a silly question but time is if anything an
>> even more tricky thing than geography. There was a time when
>> Europe kept time according to both the Julian and Gregorian
>> calendar resulting in confusion about even the year. And
>> further any attempt to date things correctly as AD requires a
>> fudge factor since no one knows which year Jesus was born with
>> certainty.
>
>I doubt there will be any change in the popular or the official
>calendar in the U.S.A. in the next 15 months! Christ isn't
>playing tricks. He means June 6, 2006, in the way that most
>people would take those words.

Time is just plain complicated. As I write these words I'm in March
6th but my daughter is in March 7th. Most people don't grasp the
full complexity of time.. but then most people don't write software
that has to handle time with timezones, times without timezones,
dates where the 15th was the day after the 10th, times that begin
at mid-day, and times that begin at midnight, and exactly whether
0am is or is not in the same day as 12pm. Even I give up at
fully implementing standards involving time which require that
occasionally a minute must consist of 61 seconds.

>> 4. What is your geographic relationship with Farmington Maine.
>
>I live about 500 miles southeast of Farmington.
>
>> 5. Any idea why Farmington seems to be such a popular name.
>
>The one in Maine got that name because it was a good place for
>farming. Perhaps lots of other places have been found good for
>farming.
>_________________________________
>Here's a technical question. I notice that the Farmington thread
>now follows so many other threads on the Google board that new
>readers will probably not find it. I think on most web
>discussion boards the thread that has most recently been
>inputted appears at the top. There is lots of activity on
>this thread, but how are newcomers to soc.religion.quaker
>supposed to know this? Is there any way to get "Farmington"
>moved higher on the list?

Engineer has all the technical answers.. I'm not in his league.

Ian

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 7, 2005, 5:57:09 AM3/7/05
Ian Davis asked me how I knew I had the right Farmington, and when
I explained that Christ communicates clearly with me he says,

> Ah but I imagine by analogy that the prophesy wouldn't have been
> about your husband, but about Larry, and that it might have been
> you who got wires crossed by applying the inference Larry =
> Husband. For you wrote about Farmington -- not about the place
> which you have an aerial photograph of. So I was trying to
> deduce where the translation of place to name occurred, just as
> I might wonder where had in the prophesy about Larry/Husband the
> one became the other.

This just isn't the way Christ communicates. Frankly, I wouldn't
follow a guide who played such silly games.

> Time is just plain complicated. As I write these words I'm in
> March 6th but my daughter is in March 7th.

Perhaps I should have spelled this out--but I thought it was
obvious: when I said "daybreak" on "June 6, 2006," I meant, of
course when day breaks in Farmington, Maine on that date.

>From an almanac I consulted on the web I think that happens around
4:26 a.m. EDT.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 7, 2005, 6:05:23 AM3/7/05
On March 4 Engineer wrote,

> By the way, if your prophecy comes true you will be fully

> qualified to claim the $1,000,000 Randi Prize. If you have no
> use for money, James Randi would be glad to give the prize to
> any charity you choose.

No, I'm not eligible for that prize--which I looked up on the
web. They are offering it to someone who demonstrates a
paranormal or supernatural *power* or *ability*--I have no such
thing. I have a specific prophecy about one particular event.
God doesn't tell me everything that's going to happen, so I can't
meet their conditions.

Prophecy is not a power or ability in the prophet. All the power
is in God--which is just the sort of statement which would get my
application dismissed out of hand by the Randi Foundation.

cmi...@lodging-econometrics.com

Mar 8, 2005, 9:11:09 AM3/8/05
Has anybody noticed that the date this is to happen has three sixes -
purportedly the number of the antichrist? Any significance to that?

Will the healing include mental and emotional healing as well?

Peace.

1womanwhoisnotinto thelifetimechannel

Mar 8, 2005, 10:55:33 AM3/8/05
right got ya on the msn part. you are right msn is a small part of the
www. i saw an ad the other day on tv which said msn had 43 or 48 million
people on their service which sounds like a lot but its not. faith

1womanwhoisnotinto thelifetimechannel

Mar 8, 2005, 11:08:46 AM3/8/05
my post was to be helpful to the OP of this thread, to give her any and
all info i had in the matter as the OP has something to say and wants
others to know so in my world TTT is a nice way of letting others see
what you think is a needful thing for all the newsgroup to see over the
spam and endless flames and etc. plonk me or report me, what ever
butters your bread. faith

Message has been deleted

1womanwhoisnotinto thelifetimechannel

Mar 8, 2005, 10:27:00 PM3/8/05
steve, steve, steve, please post here how ever you like or by the rules
or by the book, as you are above me in your knowing of net everything
and i understand that and i am ok with that but i am me and i will post
the way i am most comfortable with, if that is not the norm then thats
ok by me. i gave up a long time ago trying to fit in everyone's cookie
cutter of what and how i should be and yes i do know being online is
much different than the real world but i am doing the best i can here.
please, please don't make me have to hook up my puter to have to post to
you as its just not my thing, as i hope you can handle me being a webbie
person. another thing i can't spell at all is why alot of my wording my
seem alittle odd till ya get to know me.

something! remember i am VERY confused so i can't think of my name
right now. is there any kind of goverment aid i can get for my confusion
doc?

hehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1womanwhoisnotinto thelifetimechannel

Mar 8, 2005, 10:30:23 PM3/8/05
psssss....steve, i meant to post that post on its own and forgot as i
did not want this farmington thread to go a way in which the OP did not
mean for it to. sorry all.

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 9, 2005, 6:07:08 AM3/9/05
"cmi...@lodging-econometrics.com" writes,

> Has anybody noticed that the date this is to happen has three
> sixes - purportedly the number of the antichrist?

Only about half the inhabited world ;-) - or anyway, I've heard
this from three or four people now.

> Any significance to that?

Well, first of all, it has no significance in relation to the
passage in the book of Revelation about "the number of a man,"
which was originally written in Greek numerals (3 different
characters, not a series of 3 sixes). But given how many people
today are superstitious about series of 3 sixes, I think its
significance is simply that God has a great sense of humor.

(For what it's worth, I had no idea of "666" in my head when I
originally published the date--I just meant 6/6/2006 with no
mystical connotations.)

Dennis White

Mar 9, 2005, 11:05:19 AM3/9/05
Lisa,
Given your ability and willingness to expound on the upcoming events in
Farmington, would you characterize your message more as an "announcement" or
"proclamation" from Christ than rather than a "prophesy"? I tend to think
of prophesy in the OT sense....I mean I always figure them tpo be quite
mysterious and difficult to understand. Yours is quite clear and quite
detailed. You also seem to have an ability to explain and defend your
message in a way that I personally don't associate with Christian prophesy.
Please don't for a moment think I am attacking the validity of your message,
or that you are not Christian. I am simply throwing this question at you in
order I may better understand.

Dennis

kuennin...@voicenet.com

Mar 10, 2005, 8:05:29 AM3/10/05
Dennis White writes,

> Given your ability and willingness to expound on the
> upcoming events in Farmington, would you characterize your
> message more as an "announcement" or "proclamation" from Christ
> than rather than a "prophesy"?

I guess you could give it any of those three names.

> I tend to think of prophesy in the OT sense....I mean I always
> figure them tpo be quite mysterious and difficult to
> understand. Yours is quite clear and quite detailed.

Partly that may be because Dennis and I are contemporaries,
speaking the same native language, and living in (probably) the
same culture. The OT prophets were speaking to their own
contemporaries, in Hebrew--perhaps their messages were clearer to
those to whom they were originally addressed than they are to us
today.

(That said, I'll admit that I often don't know what the OT
prophets were talking about!)

> You also seem to have an ability to explain and defend your
> message in a way that I personally don't associate with
> Christian prophesy.

I actually don't hear much Christian prophecy, except occasionally
in a meeting for worship. What prophetic Christian messages has
Dennis been hearing?

Dennis White

Mar 10, 2005, 11:39:34 AM3/10/05

> Dennis White writes,
>
>> Given your ability and willingness to expound on the
>> upcoming events in Farmington, would you characterize your
>> message more as an "announcement" or "proclamation" from Christ
>> than rather than a "prophesy"?
>
> I guess you could give it any of those three names.
>
>> I tend to think of prophesy in the OT sense....I mean I always
>> figure them tpo be quite mysterious and difficult to
>> understand. Yours is quite clear and quite detailed.
>
> Partly that may be because Dennis and I are contemporaries,
> speaking the same native language, and living in (probably) the
> same culture. The OT prophets were speaking to their own
> contemporaries, in Hebrew--perhaps their messages were clearer to
> those to whom they were originally addressed than they are to us
> today.
>
> (That said, I'll admit that I often don't know what the OT
> prophets were talking about!)
>
>> You also seem to have an ability to explain and defend your
>> message in a way that I personally don't associate with
>> Christian prophesy.
>
> I actually don't hear much Christian prophecy, except occasionally
> in a meeting for worship. What prophetic Christian messages has
> Dennis been hearing?

Dennis has been watching TV where Christian prophesy and miracles seems to
abound much more than in any other realm Dennis knows of ;-)

Dennis himself