Bogus "official" Baha'i website

Suzanne

Mar 8, 2010, 4:18:14 AM3/8/10
to soc-relig...@moderators.isc.org
Dear All,

I was looking for a book on the internet whose author is a member of
the Universal House of Justice, and one of the websites which popped
up was a seemingly innocuous database of info on people which was
quite accurate. However, it had a link to "Universal House of
Justice", and when i clicked it a covenant breaker website came up
calling themselves "the Official website of the Universal House of
Justice." How did I know it was a covenant breaker website? By the
things they said. For a start, the quote at the top of their page was
not a real quote but a fabrication. I knew it to begin with, but I
also checked it out on a Baha'i search engine, and the quote didn't
exist. But the whole thing was not only unprofessional but had a bad
feeling about it. It was obvious to me. But if I didn't know the
Baha'i Wriitngs well, I might have been confused and disturbed by it.

If something you read on the internet about the Universal House of
Justice, or the Baha'i Administrative System, seems alarming and is
talking about fakes and frauds, then the people who put up the website
are fakes and frauds. That is not the tone of a true "official Baha'i
website".

Please feel free to write to soc.religion.bahai to check out the
validity of things you read on the internet.

All best wishes,

Suzanne

compx2

Mar 11, 2010, 8:32:00 AM3/11/10
to soc-relig...@moderators.isc.org, com...@gmail.com
Hi Suzanne.

You: " That is not the tone of a true "official Baha'i website".

I am surprised to see that you are able to pronounce which sites are
officially Baha'i. It is for this very reason that I am considering
myself less and less a Baha'i. I cannot keep up with all the people
who just know who are Baha'is and what a Baha'i would or would not
do. I have been barred from repeating things I have said before but
here is something that bears notice.

If we consider that that Writings of the Baha'i Faith include the
letters of Universal House of Justice as well as the Principle
Figures, no one has an official Baha'i opinion. Those opinions are
printed in such books and Writings, and all any of us have are
opinions.

It is a legal matter, not a Baha'i matter, whether or not a Baha'i web
site is "official" or not.

Any and all people can get their spiritual guidance from whatever
sources they find helpful. It is my often stated opinion that it is
the "official" Baha'i position that any helpful spiritual guidance
from whatever source should be supported and encourged.

A wise man once asked if we have excluded His opinion from
consideration because of His Name. I say it is devisive and harmful
to the Baha';i Faith and humanity in general to discount a source
instead of considering a message.

Thanks for reading. Warm Baha'i Love, --Kent

Perhaps you did not intend to

Suzanne

Mar 11, 2010, 9:56:44 AM3/11/10
On Mar 11, 1:32 pm, compx2 <com...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Suzanne.
>
> You: " That is not the tone of a true "official Baha'i website".
>
> I am surprised to see that you are able to pronounce which sites are
> officially Baha'i.

Dear Kent,

What does "official" mean? I would say that it means that it is the
one true website of the body in question, in this case, The Universal
House of Justice. If it is not the website of the Universal House of
Justice, but of someone else who is claiming to be the Universal House
of Justice but is not that body, then it is false. If it cites a
reference, ("p. 15 of the Will and Testament of 'Abdu'l-Baha") saying
that "the president" of Universal House of Justice will be a
descendant of Kent David, but the quote it cited doesn't exist in that
document, and in fact it doesn't exist at all in any Baha'i Scripture,
then it is false.

Here is a link to the official BAha'i website, writing about the
Universal House of Justice: http://info.bahai.org/universal-house-of-justi
ce.html,
so the reader might check out who they are.

The Universal House of Justice is an elected body. They are the
highest governing body of the Baha'is. Anyone who reads their letters
regularly and who knows them, knows their tone and the sort of
content. This website is definitely not from them. In fact it goes
on to say that they are the Universal House of Justice under the
Davidic King. This is not the official website of the Universal House
of Justice; the highest governing body of six million Baha'is.

Best wishes,

Suzanne