guys with both ears pierced

doc...@eyecon.com

May 16, 1994, 12:35:21 AM5/16/94

Randy (randy...@aol.com) noticed:
IR>Hey what's with the proliferation of guys with both ears pierced?
IR> I've been noticing guys with 2 ears pierced quite alot lately, and I
IR> think I like it...

IR>Is this a fashion trend we have to look forward to for some
IR>time to come? Or is it a passing fad? (I hope not)

Well, George Michael did it during his Wham! days (geez,
too many years ago now to remember--gag). And it seemed
to be a passing fancy among the straight-but-angry-with-
the-whole-damn-world-barely-past-21 dudes who hang out
on Telegraph ave. here in Berkeley last year....

It can be hot....depending

Jay (just one thing pierced)
doc...@eyecon.com

RandyShrum

May 13, 1994, 9:46:05 PM5/13/94
Hey what's with the proliferation of guys with both ears pierced?
I've been noticing guys with 2 ears pierced quite alot lately, and I
think I like it...

Is this a fashion trend we have to look forward to for some

time to come? Or is it a passing fad? (I hope not)

---randy <Randy...@aol.com>

Jojo

May 15, 1994, 9:12:35 AM5/15/94
randy...@aol.com (RandyShrum) writes:

I notice the same over here in Holland, since a year or so. Many guys are
wearing two earrings now (both sides one). Some even two or three in one
ear. It is considered a 'cool' thing now, I guess. I had both my ears
pierced three or four years ago, but at that time it was still quite
unusual, and considered a 'gay' thing by some people. So, maybe I was the
trend-setter here in Holland. There's no fun for me in it now anymore.
I'll have to think of something else now.

It does show hypocrism in society: one day heterosexuals look down on
gays wearing earrings, now they're wearing them themselves. So stupid.

Jurgen.

a flying squirrel

May 15, 1994, 1:30:10 PM5/15/94
Jojo:

>It does show hypocrism in society: one day heterosexuals look down on
>gays wearing earrings, now they're wearing them themselves. So stupid.

Of course, this is true for a great many things that are now popular
in mainstream, suburban, middle class (read: mostly white) "culture".
I nearly burst out in laughter every time I see these eleven year
old boys in "gansta" rags, ears pierced, beepers prominently displayed.
I certainly remember the weird looks/comments when I pierced my ear
in high school. Strangely enough, it was my mother who was pissed
the most about that -- I had taken her ear bauble, and used a big
safety pin and ice to do it. Blood does not seem to freeze upon
contact with ice.

But none of this is as important as the reappearance of your thoughts
in this forum. Wherever you've been, welcome back (I hope).
--
a flying squirrel (Richard W. Johnson) skw...@netcom.com

an upward movement
initiated in time
can counteract fate.

FJ!!

May 15, 1994, 2:01:18 PM5/15/94
skw...@netcom.com (a flying squirrel) writes:
>Jojo:

>But none of this is as important as the reappearance of your thoughts
>in this forum. Wherever you've been, welcome back (I hope).

Oh dear, I was afraid somebody would do this. Check the post you are
responding to again, it is not _him_.

FJ!!

a flying squirrel

May 15, 1994, 8:40:50 PM5/15/94
FJ!!:

Sigh. The last address that I had for Joe Francis was at `hacktic.nl';
someone posting under the name of "Jojo" from that site certainly
seemed like a good bet, no? As it turns out, the exact address that
I had was `j...@hacktic.nl', not `jo...@hacktic.nl'. Mea culpa.

skwirl, hoping that no one asks for `squi...@netcom.com' anytime soon.

Tobias de Zooevo Mexico

May 16, 1994, 2:29:11 AM5/16/94
I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!

-- __________
Tobias de Zooevo Mexico | | "We're
(Toby Click) T7C7L2w h(hc-) | || | left of
P.O. Box 2421, NM Tech, d++(--)a+w+c-y+ | ==()== | Oklahoma,
Socorro, NM 87801 USA e+g+f+t+(1467) | || | but then
Enter the Tobiasphere! k =:o sm1m2+q- | __------ again,
finger tob...@prism.nmt.edu | more |_| who isn't?"

Jess Anderson

May 16, 1994, 11:05:06 PM5/16/94

In article <1994May16.0...@nmt.edu> tob...@nmt.edu

(Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:

>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears
>pierced. I've never understood why they would have *one*
>pierced. For that matter, I've never understood why women
>like to get *theirs* pierced!

You've never understood any of that, eh? Scarcely credible.
Do you like some food better than other food, some music
better than other music, some people better than other
people? If yes to any of those questions, which presumably
you would "understand why" sufficiently to be able to think
you do understand, then all you have to do is exercise your
imagination *ever* so slightly. There is evidence this
might not work, I suppose.

--
<> Art must be parochial in the begining to be cosmopolitain
<> in the end.

bas...@watson.ibm.com

May 16, 1994, 3:30:33 PM5/16/94
On passover one of my brothers invited me for a seder. He also invited
a new friend, but warned her not to be shocked, cause one of his
brothers (me) is gay. So I show up, with my lover. And brother number
3 shows up, with an earing in each ear. This brother gets along great
with my lover. So between the 2 earings, and him dishing with my
boyfriend, she made the obvious conclusion that he was the gay one.
When I found out I laughed like hell.

Mat Baskin bas...@watson.ibm.com

Dr. John D. Collier

May 15, 1994, 6:15:33 PM5/15/94

Very common in Australia. It doesn't mean gay.
John Collier: ag...@freenet.carleton.ca

FJ!!

May 17, 1994, 4:43:11 AM5/17/94
tob...@nmt.edu (Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:
>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
>understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
>understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!

So that they have more places to show off expensive and/or tasteful jewelry.
Preferably given to them by admirers.

Maybe it's time I got some piercings.
FJ!!

Robert Emery Smith

May 17, 1994, 11:48:07 AM5/17/94
Tobias de Zooevo Mexico (tob...@nmt.edu) expostulated:

: I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never

: understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
: understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!

Why, for all the fabu accessories they can wear, of course!

Jeez, Toby, being from the land of the turquoise squash blossom necklaces
and all, don't you occasionally feel the urge to strop on something long,
sparkly and dangling?

On your ears, I mean. Jewelry.

Never mind.

Bob, who's still waiting for an admirer
to give him jewelry...

FJ!!

May 17, 1994, 1:38:04 PM5/17/94
mod...@netcom.com (Robert Emery Smith) writes:
> Bob, who's still waiting for an admirer
> to give him jewelry...

You have to have admirers, first. (meow)

FJ!! (Can you tell debugging is
going awful?)

Jojo

May 17, 1994, 5:14:49 PM5/17/94
skw...@netcom.com (a flying squirrel) writes:

>>>Jojo:
>>>But none of this is as important as the reappearance of your thoughts
>>>in this forum. Wherever you've been, welcome back (I hope).

>>Oh dear, I was afraid somebody would do this. Check the post you are
>>responding to again, it is not _him_.

>Sigh. The last address that I had for Joe Francis was at `hacktic.nl';
>someone posting under the name of "Jojo" from that site certainly
>seemed like a good bet, no? As it turns out, the exact address that
>I had was `j...@hacktic.nl', not `jo...@hacktic.nl'. Mea culpa.

So, and who may this Joe Francis be that the people here are confusing me
with? And how does this relate to my Jojo name?

Just curious.

Jurgen 'Jojo' Appelo - jo...@hacktic.nl - "The World Is Against Me."

Tim Fogarty

May 17, 1994, 7:11:02 PM5/17/94
In <2rbc4...@xs4all.hacktic.nl> falseJojo writes:

> So, and who may this Joe Francis be that the people here are confusing me
> with? And how does this relate to my Jojo name?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Jurgen 'Jojo' Appelo - jo...@hacktic.nl - "The World Is Against Me."

I'm sorry, there is only one Jojo, and he is copyrighted.

--
Tim Fogarty (FOG...@SIR-C.JPL.NASA.GOV)

Steve Arrants

May 18, 1994, 11:23:45 AM5/18/94
In article <2rbiu6$9...@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> FOG...@sir-c.jpl.nasa.gov (Tim Fogarty) writes:
>In <2rbc4...@xs4all.hacktic.nl> falseJojo writes:
>

>> So, and who may this Joe Francis be that the people here are confusing me
>> with? And how does this relate to my Jojo name?
>>
>> Just curious.
>>
>> Jurgen 'Jojo' Appelo - jo...@hacktic.nl - "The World Is Against Me."
>>

>I'm sorry, there is only one Jojo, and he is copyrighted.

And revered, too.

Steve Arrants, somewhere between Sausalito and the Russian River...
The dream was marvelous, but the terror was great;
we must treasure the dream whatever the terror. -- Gilgamesh

Mike Reaser

May 18, 1994, 1:35:12 PM5/18/94
step...@netcom.com (Steve Arrants) writes:
|> In article <2rbiu6$9...@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov>
|> FOG...@sir-c.jpl.nasa.gov (Tim Fogarty) writes:
|> >In <2rbc4...@xs4all.hacktic.nl> falseJojo writes:

[ .. snip .. ]

|> >I'm sorry, there is only one Jojo, and he is copyrighted.
|> >
|> And revered, too.

As well as sorely missed.

Mike Reaser, Hewlett-Packard N. Amer. Response Center - Atlanta, GA USA
Any opinions are mine, not HP's.| Ignorance is as much as a method of
B5/6 f+ t w+ cdv g+ k+v s+ l+ | computer security as Hope is a method
Reply to: m...@hprc.atl.hp.com | of birth control. - L. Joynes, K. Ward

James Harger

May 18, 1994, 5:53:09 PM5/18/94
In article <stephenaC...@netcom.com>, step...@netcom.com (Steve Arrants) writes:
> In article <2rbiu6$9...@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> FOG...@sir-c.jpl.nasa.gov (Tim Fogarty) writes:
> >In <2rbc4...@xs4all.hacktic.nl> falseJojo writes:
> >

> >> So, and who may this Joe Francis be that the people here are confusing me
> >> with? And how does this relate to my Jojo name?
> >>
> >> Just curious.
> >>
> >> Jurgen 'Jojo' Appelo - jo...@hacktic.nl - "The World Is Against Me."
> >>

> >I'm sorry, there is only one Jojo, and he is copyrighted.
> >
> And revered, too.

And extermely cute.
James Harger - unisql!ja...@cs.utexas.edu
Remember, it's not how well the bear dances
it's that the bear dances at all.

Pieter Hazewindus

May 18, 1994, 5:49:31 PM5/18/94
Jojo <jo...@hacktic.nl> writes:

|> So, and who may this Joe Francis be that the people here are confusing me
|> with? And how does this relate to my Jojo name?

Joe Francis was just a guy in one of my classes years ago, who would
sleep in class to recuperate from adventures in Hollywood. When he got
tired picking up guys on Sunset Boulevard, he went to Paris to hang out
with hairy Hungarians, came to Boston to take part in a marriage
ceremony, then ditched his bride (who was a little odd) before a proper
honeymoon. He was last heard from in one of them little You're-a-peon
countries.

But don't worry about that -- three-quarters of the readers here have
never heard of Jojo. There's just a few of us left who get an
adrenaline rush at the mere mention of his name.

Pieter "I'm not making this up, you know" Hazewindus
Mentor Graphics Corporation, San Jose pie...@sjc.mentorg.com

panda cub

May 18, 1994, 8:11:27 PM5/18/94
tob...@nmt.edu (Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:
>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
>understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
>understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!
c'mere, Tobias.

Closer.

Lift my shirt up, will you please?

panda cub/dizzy Chinese leather smurf/Leith Chu
lc...@peinet.pe.ca | Certe, Toto, sentio nos in Kansate non iam adesse.
lc...@stu1.cs.upei.ca | h(0) f- t rv c++!d g++ l++ k+ sv p
lc...@atlas.cs.upei.ca | S7 b+ g+(-) l(-) y/ z n+ o x+ a+ u v+ j++

boy brent

May 19, 1994, 10:54:32 AM5/19/94
In <2re7av$s...@bud.peinet.pe.ca> lc...@bud.peinet.pe.ca (panda cub) writes:

:tob...@nmt.edu (Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:
:>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
:>understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
:>understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!

Fuckin' a. i make do with just the one ear piercing. Of course, i *have*
stretched the hole to a half an inch in diameter, but still...

:Lift my shirt up, will you please?

When you're done with panda cub, you can unbutton my fly.
--
boy brent |
bca...@teleport.com (gay stuff) |

panda cub

May 19, 1994, 9:44:14 PM5/19/94
bca...@teleport.com (boy brent) writes:
>In <2re7av$s...@bud.peinet.pe.ca> lc...@bud.peinet.pe.ca (panda cub) writes:
>:tob...@nmt.edu (Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:
>:>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
>:>understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
>:>understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!
>:Lift my shirt up, will you please?
>When you're done with panda cub, you can unbutton my fly.
Aww, *geez*, boy brent! *I* wanted to do that!

No fair! No fair! boy brent's playing favourites!

David Stevenson

May 19, 1994, 11:08:03 PM5/19/94
bca...@teleport.com (boy brent) writes:

> Of course, i *have*
>stretched the hole to a half an inch in diameter, but still...

But think what you could have done with a little caffine.

Jojo

May 20, 1994, 12:39:09 PM5/20/94

>> >I'm sorry, there is only one Jojo, and he is copyrighted.
>> >
>> And revered, too.
>>
>And extermely cute.

So you *are* talking about me!

- Jurgen 'Jojo' Appelo - jo...@hacktic.nl - "The World Is Against Me."

Bob Koenig

May 20, 1994, 4:26:53 PM5/20/94
From article <2re7av$s...@bud.peinet.pe.ca>, by lc...@bud.peinet.pe.ca (panda cub):

> tob...@nmt.edu (Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:
>>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
>>understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
>>understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!
> c'mere, Tobias.
>
> Closer.
> Lift my shirt up, will you please?

*peek* *GASP* Leith! You didn't...did you?

Wow. Ouch. *holds his chest in his arms*

BearCub, sensitive.

--
=======bea...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu=======B1/B2 c+(+!) s-(-) w f k? r m g========
Chubby-bear admirer, Phillie Phanatic, Rock N' Roll Guru, Queen/Freddie

Mike Reaser

May 20, 1994, 5:41:33 PM5/20/94
bea...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Bob Koenig) writes:
|> From article <2re7av$s...@bud.peinet.pe.ca>,
|> by lc...@bud.peinet.pe.ca (panda cub):
|> > c'mere, Tobias.
|> >
|> > Closer.
|> > Lift my shirt up, will you please?
|>
|> *peek* *GASP* Leith! You didn't...did you?
|>
|> Wow. Ouch. *holds his chest in his arms*
|>
|> BearCub, sensitive.

Try sharing a bed -- actually, a WATERbed -- with someone the first few
weeks after they've had both nipples pierced on the same day.

Someone who, when they'd fall asleep and try to roll over to snuggle up
to you, would brush one of their nipples on the sheets and proceed to
not only wake up, but roll back over on their back (causing a wave in
the waterbed), and yell.

*They* got the piercing; I got the pain from it... :-/

Bob Koenig

May 21, 1994, 12:09:49 AM5/21/94
From article <2rjaqd$b...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, by m...@atl.hp.com (Mike Reaser):

> |> *peek* *GASP* Leith! You didn't...did you?
> |> Wow. Ouch. *holds his chest in his arms*
> |> BearCub, sensitive.
>
> Try sharing a bed -- actually, a WATERbed -- with someone the first few
> weeks after they've had both nipples pierced on the same day.

YYYEEEEEOUCH! What on earth would posess someone to sleep in a waterbed
the same day they got thier nips pierced! I'd sleep on the floor to keep
them babies from hurting!

> *They* got the piercing; I got the pain from it... :-/

Awww...there there Mike. I understand.

BearCub

Anneli Meyer

May 20, 1994, 5:42:32 PM5/20/94
In article <1994May16.0...@nmt.edu> tob...@nmt.edu (Tobias de Zooevo Mexico) writes:
>I've never understood why guys would want to have both ears pierced. I've never
>understood why they would have *one* pierced. For that matter, I've never
>understood why women like to get *theirs* pierced!

When they have only one or two, it's to have the hole in their ear-
presumably to put jewelery through. It's what I do with mine.

When the number of piercings goes up, it's a good guess that the process
itself holds an attraction to the piercee. Or maybe the way that folks
blanch upon seeing them.

anneli

--
anneli is also ann...@contessa.phone.net

Marina.Wolf

May 22, 1994, 4:38:27 PM5/22/94
I messed up the quoting actions again, so I can't credit the
conversationalists properly:

>> Try sharing a bed -- actually, a WATERbed -- with someone the
>>first few weeks after they've had both nipples pierced on the
>>same day.

>YYYEEEEEOUCH! What on earth would posess someone to
>sleep in a waterbed the same day they got thier nips pierced! I'd
>sleep on the floor to keep them babies from hurting!

>> *They* got the piercing; I got the pain from it... :-/

When I got my nipples pierced, I would scream and wake my sweetie up
every time I tried to roll over. I also sleep on my stomach, so
just trying to get some zzz during the healing period was hard
going. The worst part is that I'm a very huggy person with friends
and acquaintances, and I ended up walking around literally hunched
over and arms at ready to fend off any well-meaning folks who jumped
out of nowhere and went for the full-frontal hug.

Took me a bit to step up my reaction time...ouch...

Marina

boy brent

May 22, 1994, 8:21:03 PM5/22/94
In <2rofs3$d...@morrow.stanford.edu> CN....@forsythe.stanford.edu (Marina.Wolf) writes:
:When I got my nipples pierced, I would scream and wake my sweetie up

:every time I tried to roll over. I also sleep on my stomach, so
:just trying to get some zzz during the healing period was hard
:going. The worst part is that I'm a very huggy person with friends
:and acquaintances, and I ended up walking around literally hunched
:over and arms at ready to fend off any well-meaning folks who jumped
:out of nowhere and went for the full-frontal hug.

Huh. Most people i know haven't had nearly that many problems
after getting their nips pierced. Hugging pressure was no problem --
washing them was downright fun -- the only thing that i really
had to watch out for was any kind of sideways pressure on them.
That, and accidentally catching them on something.

Hell, i jacked off a few hours after i did my own Prince Albert.

Jeff Shaevel

May 22, 1994, 3:17:08 PM5/22/94
Although I don't particularly fancy wearing an earring regularly, I have
been considering getting pierced if I could find an earring with a dangling
pair of scissors. They would be perfect for the show (hairdresser from HELL)
and would be worth it for the effect.

Anyone know where I could get such an earring?
Jeff Shaevel :-)-: (comedy/tragedy) Love may be blind,
sha...@guest.apple.com but lust is autistic.
"I'm ambidextrous." - Tony Whitcomb, SHEAR MADNESS (352+ perfs.)

Mike Reaser

May 23, 1994, 5:51:00 PM5/23/94
CN....@forsythe.stanford.edu (Marina.Wolf) writes:
|> I messed up the quoting actions again, so I can't credit the
|> conversationalists properly:

'Twas me recounting what we went thru when my ex-husbear got his nips
pierced...I'm the ">>" in Marina's post.

[ .. snip .. ]

|> When I got my nipples pierced, I would scream and wake my sweetie up
|> every time I tried to roll over. I also sleep on my stomach, so
|> just trying to get some zzz during the healing period was hard
|> going.

That's how Bobby was. He either preferred sleeping on his stomach or
curled up to my back -- neither of which he could do without getting to
experience a fair amount of pain.

|> The worst part is that I'm a very huggy person with friends
|> and acquaintances, and I ended up walking around literally hunched
|> over and arms at ready to fend off any well-meaning folks who jumped
|> out of nowhere and went for the full-frontal hug.
|>
|> Took me a bit to step up my reaction time...ouch...

This, too, sounds like a carbon copy of what Bobby went thru...

WAZ

May 24, 1994, 12:57:02 PM5/24/94
In article <2rr8g4$8...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, m...@atl.hp.com (Mike
Reaser) writes:

What is the big deal about piercing your nipples. Do you do it for
excitment? Or is it more of a symbol? I know that I dont ever want
it done to me or my lover because then my tongue would not have as
much fun. JD

Tobias de Zooevo Mexico

May 24, 1994, 3:29:31 PM5/24/94
In article <2rh14u$k...@bud.peinet.pe.ca> lc...@bud.peinet.pe.ca (panda cub)
writes:

>bca...@teleport.com (boy brent) writes:

>>lc...@bud.peinet.pe.ca (panda cub) writes:
>>:Lift my shirt up, will you please?

>>When you're done with panda cub, you can unbutton my fly.

>Aww, *geez*, boy brent! *I* wanted to do that!
>No fair! No fair! boy brent's playing favourites!

Now now now... boys! No need to fight! There's plenty of room for everyone!

-TdZM, who recently got his *eardrums* pierced by all his sneezing and
hacking and coughing (but steadily recovering)
-- __________
Tobias de Zooevo Mexico | | "We're
(Toby Click) T7C7L2w h(hc-) | || | left of
P.O. Box 2421, NM Tech, d++(--)a+w+c-y+ | ==()== | Oklahoma,
Socorro, NM 87801 USA e+g+f+t+(1467) | || | but then
Enter the Tobiasphere! k =:o sm1m2+q- | __------ again,
finger tob...@prism.nmt.edu | more |_| who isn't?"

Mike Reaser

May 27, 1994, 9:06:39 AM5/27/94

Um, it wasn't *me* who had the nips done, it was my ex-lover. At the
time, he wanted them done because (1) he'd always been fascinated by
piercings and (2) they fit in with the "Big, Bad, Butch Bear" image he
was trying to cultivate.

Nick Fitch

May 27, 1994, 4:52:36 PM5/27/94
In article <2s4r8v$n...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, m...@atl.hp.com (Mike Reaser)
wrote:

> Um, it wasn't *me* who had the nips done, it was my ex-lover. At the
> time, he wanted them done because (1) he'd always been fascinated by
> piercings and (2) they fit in with the "Big, Bad, Butch Bear" image he
> was trying to cultivate.

Did it work?

I used to have a talking GI Joe when I was 5, and now whenever I'm faced
with a nipple ring I have this overwhelming urge to pull hard and hear the
wearer exclaim "Enemy in sight!", or, maybe, "Math is hard, let's go
shopping."

______.__________________________________________________________
\ / Harcourt was obsessed with the occult. He believed anyone
\ / who wasn't a Boy Scout must be a vampire.
\/ - Dick Beresford, 'The Uncensored Boy's Own'

John Dorrance

May 29, 1994, 5:09:16 PM5/29/94

I considered getting holes spaced very closely all the way around my ear,
then running a spiral through the whole thing, but then I thought that
might look funny so I decided not to.

John (oh shit, now he's free-associating!)
--
tha...@spdcc.com: John Dorrance, Floozy Smurf, Disco Diva y Flamenco Chico

Gemini: On Tuesday, you'll have your best abortion ever!