Frank Maloney

Arnold Zwicky

Jan 6, 2009, 10:44:08 PM1/6/09
the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.

b a in p a

Ruth Lawrence

Jan 7, 2009, 4:23:26 AM1/7/09

"Arnold Zwicky" <zwi...@stanford.edu> wrote in message

> the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
> sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.

I'm so sorry to hear it.

Ruth

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Jan 7, 2009, 5:49:10 AM1/7/09
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:44:08 -0800, Arnold Zwicky
<zwi...@stanford.edu> wrote this:

>the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
>sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.

Oh, dear old Frank. I didn't know him personally, but I'll miss him
very much.

RIP.

--
G.

Willyboy

Jan 7, 2009, 7:34:30 AM1/7/09
Oh... So sorry to hear this.

--
Willyboy |"I know of no more encouraging fact
| than the unquestionable ability of
willyboy at one dot net | man to elevate his life by a conscious
| endeavor" -H. D. Thoreau
Willy is a charter member of the Peter Pan Club. Ask him about it.

Cornelia Wyngaarden

Jan 7, 2009, 10:05:49 AM1/7/09
On 6/1/09 7:44 pm, in article
zwicky-29E0FA....@news.Stanford.EDU, "Arnold Zwicky"
<zwi...@stanford.edu> wrote:

> the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
> sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.

Damn! I'll miss his presence here, he always had such kind observations.

corry

mp...@mail.utexas.edu

Jan 7, 2009, 10:50:46 AM1/7/09
On Jan 7, 9:05 am, Cornelia Wyngaarden <corr...@telus.net> wrote:
> On 6/1/09 7:44 pm, in article
> zwicky-29E0FA.19440806012...@news.Stanford.EDU, "Arnold Zwicky"

> <zwi...@stanford.edu> wrote:
> > the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
> > sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.
>
> Damn!  I'll miss his presence here, he always had such kind observations.
>
> corry

Really. That is about as distinctive as one can get around here.
He will be missed.

David Gartner

Jan 7, 2009, 12:17:30 PM1/7/09

Really sorry to hear this. My condolences to all who knew him well.

protos...@hotmail.com

Jan 7, 2009, 3:27:55 PM1/7/09

I loved his long rolling Irish Catholic name, like a wave on the
beach. A very good person.

Jack

Tim McDaniel

Jan 7, 2009, 10:53:56 PM1/7/09
In article <12bad8d5-744c-46d4...@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

protos...@hotmail.com <protos...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 7, 3:44 am, Arnold Zwicky <zwi...@stanford.edu> wrote:
>> the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his
>> sleep.   sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod
>> Williams already.
>
>I loved his long rolling Irish Catholic name, like a wave on the
>beach. A very good person.

I follow the Web comic "Questionable Content" by Jeph Jacques.
Today's strip is <http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1313>.
One character is ill or something, and while collapsing, mutters
"M'llennium hand an shrrrrr...", as in

Frank in Seattle
____

Frank Richard Aloysius Jude Maloney
"Millennium hand and shrimp."

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com

Max Vasilatos

Jan 9, 2009, 10:12:07 AM1/9/09
Arnold Zwicky wrote:

> the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
> sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.

Ach, how sad to see him go. I'm glad we had him, at least.

Chris Hansen

Jan 12, 2009, 1:27:41 PM1/12/09
wrote:

>the Facebook news is that Frank died at 3 a.m. today in his sleep.
>sweet notes from George Reilly, Jess Anderson, and Rod Williams already.
>
>b a in p a

I'm really sorry to hear it. Always a lovely presence in our midst.

He'll be missed.

Chris "Missing him now." Hansen
--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com
http://www.christianphansen.com or