The REAL Donna Yaklich Story...

Message has been deleted

chris dugan

Feb 9, 1994, 12:17:29 AM2/9/94
Subject: The REAL Donna Yaklich Story...
Newsgroups: soc.men,soc.women,alt.feminism

CRIMES UNHEARD: THE REAL DONNA YAKLICH STORY
^^^^

Last week, a made-for-TV movie aired on CBS stations entitled
"Cries Unheard: The Donna Yaklich Story." This movie was supposedly based
upon the experience of a real-life Colorado woman who arranged for the
murder of her husband, whom she accused of domestic violence against her.
Here in Colorado, Ms. Yaklich is local news, and she does not enjoy the
kind of saintly image which the movie attempted to create for her. This
movie was shameless propaganda from beginning to end. For those who live
outside of Colorado and are unaware of the actual facts of this case I
shall present the many ways in which the movie presented half-truths and
outright distortions as "docu-drama."

In the movie, Donna marries Dennis Yaklich, who becomes involved
with steroids as part of his body-building hobby. The steroids make him
crazy and violent, and he is shown brutally beating and psychologically
abusing Donna (played by former Charlie's Angel, Jaclyn Smith) throughout
the movie in innumerable ways. He is shown shooting up steroids in his
abdomen as the camera zooms in for a lurid close-up of the innumerable
track marks scarring his ravaged flesh. He is shown grinning and laughing
maniacally when Jaclyn/Donna accuses him of having murdered his first wife
(after pointing an empty gun in her face and pulling the trigger). In the
movie, the steroid abuse continues right up until his murder, arranged by
Donna, as a desperate act of self-defense against a testosterone-crazed
sub-human monster.

Donna is depicted in the movie as a woman living under virtual
house arrest, forbidden to go anywhere or do anything by her tyrannical
mate. She is shown as a relentlessly virtuous self-sacrificing
long-suffering victim and a flawlessly perfect mother of their child. She
never wrongs anyone in any way -- until she arranges her husband's death
(and the entire movie is devoted to convincing viewers that he had it
coming). The only children in the home are the Yaklichs' son Denny, and a
teenaged girl named Patty who is supposedly Dennis's step-daughter. (I
missed the first 15 minutes of the film so I don't know how her presence
was rationalized. Suffice it to say that there was no such "Patty" person
in real life.) To underscore Dennis's allegedly despicable character, he
is shown running this ficticious "Patty" out of the house when he finds
out she is pregnant. After the killing of her husband, Donna is shown
sitting in a restaurant telling her female companion that it is the first
time in years she has been out. When the on-screen police ask the
Hollywood Donna if she has any idea who might have wanted to kill her
husband, she replies that she knows nothing of Dennis's enemies. At her
movie trial, unselfish to a fault, she is shown as thinking only of her
son Denny and of his uncertain future should she be convicted and
imprisoned.

Now for the facts. For starters, in real life no trace of
steroids were found in Dennis's body upon autopsy. Such metabolites are
highly fat-soluble and remain in the body at detectable levels for 2 to 3
months after even a single dose. The trackmarks which the movie shows
were a Hollywood invention, pure and simple. There were no track marks
found at autopsy. Indeed, an extensive police investigation failed to
uncover any evidence that Dennis ever took steroids in his entire life.
Pueblo Colorado Homicide Detective Dan Snell, lead investigator in the
case, told the press, "We checked out every lead. We are obligated to do
that. No one but her defense brought that up and we talked to virtually
everybody." And of course, if Dennis HAD been abusing steroids in the
weeks leading up to his death, as Donna alleged, his corpse would have
tested postive for steroids. It didn't. Donna lied. As we shall see,
this was not her first lie, nor her last.

In real life, Donna was not only not under "house arrest," she
lead a very active life outside of their home which included carrying on
affairs with several other men, and leading aerobics classes. In the
latter case, she appeared repeatedly in public clad in skimpy, skin-tight
outfits in front of entire classes of people all during the period in
which she later claimed she was being savagely beaten on a daily basis.
Her bruises and pain should have been obvious either by being in plain
sight, or by visible swelling, or by weakness/stiffness of the afflicted
limbs during aerobics. In fact, she never showed any sign of abuse
according to numerous witnesses who attended her classes. (In the movie,
she is depicted at one point of going around desperately asking people for
help with a huge bruise across her face. This is sheer fiction).

The insinuations about Dennis having killed his first wife are
vicious, sensationalistic slander and nothing more. In real life,
Dennis's first wife died of a reaction to a prescription drug, a death
which was ruled accidental by the coroner. There was never the slightest
cloud of suspicion upon Dennis as a result of this tragedy. For Hollywood
to smear a man this way is utterly deplorable.

The movie gave no hint of Donna's extramarital affairs, perhaps
because doing so would conflict with the image of the helpless, saintly
woman held prisoner in her own home, and would make her seem less
virtuous. In the movie, Donna is shown sitting in a restaurant with a
woman friend at the time the police learn that she had paid to have her
husband killed. In real life, she was soaking up the sun on the beaches
of Jamaica with her latest squeeze, attorney John Giduck, spending her
late husband's money at a prodigious rate. In the movie, there is no
mention of Donna receiving any tangible assets as a result of her
husband's death. In real life, she received $360,000 in cash and benefits
from his life insurance, with which she went on giddy spending sprees (in
Jamaica and elsewhere). She was later able to use this money to post bond
and to pay her attorney fees as well.

In the movie, all the viewer sees is Donna's arrest followed by
Donna's trial in which Denver psychologist Lenore Walker, creator of the
"Battered Woman Syndrome," testifies on the stand that Donna was an
innocent victim acting in self-defense. A male expert witness is then
shown debunking Walker, saying that men get battered too but seldom report
it (accompanied by gasps of outrage from the courtroom audience, to remind
viewers of how absurd this claim supposedly is). In real life, Donna not
only didn't say she knew nothing about Dennis's enemies, she gave police a
list of male suspects, one or more of whom she clearly hoped to frame for
the murder she herself had arranged. When the two young men whom she had
paid to perform the murder confessed and implicated her, she claimed never
to have met either of them. This claim fell through after it was
discovered that one of them had actually worked for Donna in the past at a
firecracker stand she ran. At this point, Donna tried to claim that
Dennis himself had hired the two men to kill him so that he could go out
in a blaze of glory. Needless to say, this far-fetched story did not
impress police. It was at this point that Donna first began claiming to
police that she'd arranged the murder as an act of self-defense against
domestic abuse. Lenore Walker DID testify at Donna's trial (one of the
few accurate things in the entire film) but was rebutted by a FEMALE
therapist who testified that Donna was not a battering victim but a
calculating con-artist. The movie left out this testimony, and made the
rebutter male, perhaps to enhance the evil-insensitive-men-blame-the-
innocent-female-victim angle which they clearly chose to pursue instead of
telling the truth.

In real life, Donna and Dennis lived with their child Denny,
Dennis's daughter Vanessa from his previous marriage, and three
step-children, Raymond, Chris and Kim, from his first wife's previous
marriage. Contrary to the Hollywood Donna's image as a selfless, loving,
nurturant person, the real-life Donna kicked Vanessa, Raymond, Chris, and
Kim out of the house after she'd had their father killed. The only child
she seemed to have any concern for at all was Denny, her only blood child.
The movie version of events does not depict the other four children at all,
perhaps because Donna's cold, selfish treatment of them fails to jibe with
the sympathetic heroine its producers wanted to portray Donna as being.

One of the children the real Donna evicted, Vanessa Yaklich, was
interviewed on the local news program of the Denver CBS affiliate station,
Channel 7, immediately after the movie was shown. Vanessa said, "She
[Donna] says so many awful things it's unreal. I can't believe she can
say it! And there's no evidence to back it up and yet people believe it."
Vanessa added that as someone who had lived under the same roof with Donna
and Dennis for the entire 8 years of their marriage, she can testify that
all Donna's stories about beatings from Dennis were "an outright lie." Tom
Greenwell, a longtime friend of the Yaklich family agrees, "I was around
the Yakliches every day. I helped them. They helped me. We fished and
hunted together. And every word that woman said about them was nothing
but a bald-faced lie. You would think somebody would see through that
story and read between the lines." In an interview for the same news spot,
Dennis's brother said that the movie producers never once called up any of
Dennis's relatives or friends. Indeed, they based the entire plot soley
upon prison interviews with Donna and no one else except Donna. Donna
Yaklich conned the movie producers, but they were not the first people she
has conned.

One of the most cynical omissions by the movie-makers was their
failure to make any reference to Donna's bad-check forging sprees during
her marriage to Dennis. In real life, Donna stole the checkbook of
Dennis's parents and proceeded to write checks to herself, forging their
signatures. When Ed Yaklich, Dennis's father, found out about Donna's
criminal capers, he warned her that he would file a complaint if she did
it again. After this warning, Donna forged yet another check. Dennis's
brother told the local press "Dennis knew nothing about [the forged
checks]. We called Donna over, and she denied she wrote the check. And I
shoved it in her face and she admitted she'd forged it. My dad said, 'As
soon as Dennis gets home, we're gonna tell him about it and contact the
DA.' That's when Donna went to the [battered women's] shelter... It was
because we were gonna turn her in for forged checks." Apparently, Donna
then forged yet another check, this one for $500, on her way to the
shelter. Donna was later tried and convicted of forgery for these scams.
There is no hint of any of this in the movie, although its producers are
unlikely to have been unaware of these escapades of Donna's, for which she
had a criminal record. Instead, she is depicted as a paragon of
misunderstood, wounded innocence.

Still, the lack of any reference to Donna's check-forging scams is
not the most outrageous omission of the screenplay; the movie depicts
Donna as trapped in an impossible situation as captive of a brutal,
homicidal husband who would not allow her to escape. Her contract killing
of him is depicted as a desperate bid to remove herself from a marriage
which was a deadly trap. In real life, at the time of the murder, Donna
was on the verge of "escaping" whether she liked it or not. HER HUSBAND
HAD ANNOUNCED THAT HE WAS GOING TO FILE FOR DIVORCE!!!

Donna's extramarital affairs and check-forging antics had finally
worn Dennis down. As his brother told the press, "[Dennis] came over to
my house [in late 1985]. He said, 'I hate to do it, but I gotta divorce
Donna. She's breaking us and running around on me, and as soon as the
[Christmas] holidays are over, I'm gonna file for divorce.' Donna knew
about it. She told my friend Linda that she was going to get a divorce.
Donna came to [Dennis] with nothing. Everything at that house belonged to
Dennis or me or my family. If they got divorced, Donna would leave there
with nothing. Absolutely nothing." Instead, she had Dennis killed on
December 12, 1985, with the holidays less than two weeks away, while she
was still legally married to him and could inherit his house and collect
his lucrative life insurance pay-off.

With plenty of the legitimate female victims of male violence in
this world, it is inexcusable that the producers of a movie would choose
someone like Donna Yaklich as the heroine of their so-called
"true-to-life" drama. The Hollywood Donna may be a saintly, and utterly
sympathetic character. But the real-life Donna was and is a coldly
calculating lying con-artist and murderess with clear psychopathic
tendencies. It does a great disservice to the viewing public to portray
such a person so inaccurately. And it does an even greater disservice to
her victim, Dennis Yaklich, and the friends and loved ones he left behind.
This movie, according to family members interviewed on the local news last
week, has reopened their wounds and deepened their pain. But in the world
of movies, female victimhood sells...

...and for Donna Yaklich, it also pays. Under Colorado law, it is
legal for a convicted felon to profit from selling the movie rights to
her story. Donna has apparently raked in a substantial, but undisclosed
amount of cash from this film. When local reporters tried to contact
her to learn how much she had made, she referred all questions to her
attorneys, who refused all comment.

-Chris Dugan
Denver, Colorado

sexgodd...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2012, 9:00:35 PM9/9/12
What you say, may be 100% true. As far as the part about the divorce, she may not have come with anything, but she is still entitled to half during a divorce. That makes absolutely no sense :( oh and they reopened the case of his first wife and said that her death was "questionable" Noone knows for sure what happens behind closed doors. Im not sure either way, but she shouldn't have killed him and Im sorry for your loss.

aaaad...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2013, 12:43:43 PM6/16/13
I didn't know Donna and cannot substantiate or refute anything you have posted here. I met a woman I believe was Barbara Yaklich about 4 years before her death. She told me how her husband was a bodybuilder and used steroids. That the steroids made him violent and he abused her. She said his fellow officers were afraid of him when he lost his temper on the job. She was afraid he was going to kill her, that he had threatened to kill her or her family if she left him. I told her she needed to get out of there, but she was afraid for her children and didn't know how she could take care of them. She said because her husband was a cop she couldn't go to the police because they always stood by him. She felt trapped with no way out. It wasn't until many years later when the Donna Yaklich story came out that I learned Barbara had died. She told me if she ever died, to look to her husband as the person responsible.

&

Jun 16, 2013, 1:08:12 PM6/16/13
>> for at all was Denny, her only blood child.. The movie version of
>> behind.. This movie, according to family members interviewed on the
>> local news last week, has reopened their wounds and deepened their
>> pain. But in the world of movies, female victimhood sells...
>>
>> ...and for Donna Yaklich, it also pays. Under Colorado law, it is
>> legal for a convicted felon to profit from selling the movie rights
>> to her story. Donna has apparently raked in a substantial, but
>> undisclosed amount of cash from this film. When local reporters
>> tried to contact her to learn how much she had made, she referred
>> all questions to her attorneys, who refused all comment.
>>
>> -Chris Dugan Denver, Colorado
>
> I didn't know Donna and cannot substantiate or refute anything you
> have posted here. I met a woman I believe was Barbara Yaklich about
> 4 years before her death. She told me how her husband was a
> bodybuilder and used steroids. That the steroids made him violent
> and he abused her. She said his fellow officers were afraid of him
> when he lost his temper on the job. She was afraid he was going to
> kill her, that he had threatened to kill her or her family if she
> left him. I told her she needed to get out of there, but she was
> afraid for her children and didn't know how she could take care of
> them. She said because her husband was a cop she couldn't go to the
> police because they always stood by him. She felt trapped with no
> way out. It wasn't until many years later when the Donna Yaklich
> story came out that I learned Barbara had died. She told me if she
> ever died, to look to her husband as the person responsible.

are you alright

kari...@juno.com

Sep 27, 2013, 3:16:35 AM9/27/13
I read she was only 22 when she moved in to take care of 4 kids, too young to be involved in this relationship in the 1st place. But for her to put up with this man she couldn't have been all right in the 1st place (and visa versa - if she had the issues u state there was something wrong with him to be with this girl). What about the oldest girl testifying for her at the trial? And then the investigators reopening the 1st wife case and now classify it as undetermined (internal bleeding b/c the husband pushed to hard on her when trying to resuscitate her after fainting from weight loss pills- ya right, he was a cop) But that was omitted in the film too - saying it was an allergy to medicine she was taking... Many discrepancies, both obviously had issues and both paid a price.

&

Sep 27, 2013, 7:52:07 AM9/27/13
On 2013-09-27 12:39 AM, kari...@juno.com wrote:
> she was only 22 when she moved in to take care of 4 kids, too young
> to be involved in this relationship in the 1stplace. But for her to
> put up with this man she couldn't have been all right in the 1st
> place (and vica versa - if she had the issues u state there was
> something wrong with him to be with this girl). What about the oldest
> girl testifying for her at the trail? And then the investigators
> reopening the 1st wife case and not classify it as undetermined
> (internal bleeding b/c the husband pushed to hard on her when trying
> to resuscitate her after fainting from weight loss pills- ya right,
> he was a cop) that was omitted in the film too - saying it was an
> allergy to medicine she was taking... Many discrepancies, both
> obviously had issues and shouldn't have been together.

he did nothing she is murderer that is all that matters . i win

&

Sep 27, 2013, 7:52:37 AM9/27/13
means nothing

catn...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2013, 10:47:43 PM9/28/13
He killed his first wife--how else did her liver get split in two?!?

&

Sep 28, 2013, 11:19:23 PM9/28/13
On 09/28/2013 10:47 PM, catn...@yahoo.com wrote:
> He killed his first wife--how else did her liver get split in two?!?

no he didnt

Vale...@live.com

Jan 8, 2014, 1:42:16 PM1/8/14
On Tuesday, February 8, 1994 11:17:29 PM UTC-6, chris dugan wrote:
> Subject: The REAL Donna Yaklich Story...
> Newsgroups: soc.men,soc.women,alt.feminism
>

> A second autopsy was done on Barbara, his first wife. They said she died of blunt force trauma to the head and now it was "suspicious". What a coincidence. Unless somebody made that up, there is no way this second wife should have even spent a day in prison. She is a hero. Probably saved the life of the next wife as well as her own. Can't go around killing and beating your wives because don't have supper on the table at the right time without karma.

&

Jan 8, 2014, 3:11:20 PM1/8/14
On 01/08/2014 01:42 PM, Vale...@live.com wrote:

all crap donna was murderer . i win

a.ebel...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 2:12:20 PM6/19/14
Donna is a murderer!! She could have left but she wanted the money. If Dennis was on steroids and would just go off how is it that the children never saw this? Because it didn't happen!! She had him killed for his money.

&

Jun 19, 2014, 3:50:57 PM6/19/14
you are right

shery...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2014, 11:45:00 AM10/4/14
If any of what you say is true then why didnt the DA bring any of it out during trial? All of that would have helped their case against her so im gonna say you are full of crap..,.dennis was a cop and all his cop buddies would have known about any of the things you listed so it shouldve come out in the trial...i feel that those who loved dennis must have started these rumors so sorry you believed them...sucker

shery...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2014, 11:48:11 AM10/4/14
She said that in the beginning she knew she should have left but she grew up in a abusive household and felt at home in this one believing she could make things perfect enough to please him

sugarns...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2014, 10:47:08 PM11/12/14
Yea...I agree with you. Why wasn't all of her infidelities and check forgeries brought up at the trial?

traci.bu...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2015, 7:50:56 PM1/6/15
Except this: "Donna's accusations that her husband may have been involved in his first wife's death led to the creation of a state task force that reopened the investigation into the 1977 death. The original investigation concluded that Barbara Yaklich died of a diet drug overdose.

The Denver Post reported that coroners reviewed the autopsy report on Barbara Yaklich determined that she had died from "a very serious blunt force injury." A task force came to the conclusion that "this is a suspicious death."

&

Jan 7, 2015, 11:07:58 AM1/7/15
>> for at all was Denny, her only blood child.. The movie version of
>> behind.. This movie, according to family members interviewed on the
>> local news last week, has reopened their wounds and deepened their
>> pain. But in the world of movies, female victimhood sells...
>>
>> ...and for Donna Yaklich, it also pays. Under Colorado law, it is
>> legal for a convicted felon to profit from selling the movie rights
>> to her story. Donna has apparently raked in a substantial, but
>> undisclosed amount of cash from this film. When local reporters
>> tried to contact her to learn how much she had made, she referred
>> all questions to her attorneys, who refused all comment.
>>
>> -Chris Dugan Denver, Colorado
>
> Except this: "Donna's accusations that her husband may have been
> involved in his first wife's death led to the creation of a state
> task force that reopened the investigation into the 1977 death. The
> original investigation concluded that Barbara Yaklich died of a diet
> drug overdose.
>
> The Denver Post reported that coroners reviewed the autopsy report on
> Barbara Yaklich determined that she had died from "a very serious
> blunt force injury." A task force came to the conclusion that "this
> is a suspicious death.."

who cares apprehend women who murder husbands instead

amy.co...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2015, 1:59:15 PM1/30/15
You do not offer any evidence to support what you are saying about Donna Yaklich. I was married to a steroid user who was abusive and they use in cycles. They go on for 3 months and then off. He was probably in an off-cycle if what you say about no steroids in his body is even true. Her sister, stepchildren and her husband's co-workers saw the injuries.

&

Feb 3, 2015, 1:13:49 PM2/3/15
>> for at all was Denny, her only blood child.. The movie version of
>> behind.. This movie, according to family members interviewed on the
>> local news last week, has reopened their wounds and deepened their
>> pain. But in the world of movies, female victimhood sells...
>>
>> ...and for Donna Yaklich, it also pays. Under Colorado law, it is
>> legal for a convicted felon to profit from selling the movie rights
>> to her story. Donna has apparently raked in a substantial, but
>> undisclosed amount of cash from this film. When local reporters
>> tried to contact her to learn how much she had made, she referred
>> all questions to her attorneys, who refused all comment.
>>
>> -Chris Dugan Denver, Colorado
>

> You do not offer any evidence to support what you are saying about
> Donna Yaklich. I was married to a steroid user who was abusive and
> they use in cycles. They go on for 3 months and then off. He was
> probably in an off-cycle if what you say about no steroids in his
> body is even true. Her sister, stepchildren and her husband's
> co-workers saw the injuries.

all crap

loree...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 10:11:06 AM9/30/15
You're an ass, probably an abuser yourself. He murdered his first wife, after the second autopsy. .pretty obvious.
She served time when she should of been haled as a hero as no one would help her.
Either way..she did her time. .leave her alone.
I win

billycu...@msn.com

Sep 30, 2015, 11:36:05 AM9/30/15
They just played this movie again this morning on Lifetime Movie Network 9-30-2015 and I tend to be more in agreement with this post here because it makes total sense. All you are doing Chris Dugan is stating everything that we saw in the movie to the complete opposite and I don't believe it. I think you are just trying to make Donna seem like a really bad person yet and why I don't know. My belief is kind of in the middle of the portrayed events in the movie and the true accounts I can find in any reputable news sites and frankly quite a bit of news sites are more towards the version of the movie and before the movie was even out. The big factor that points to Dennis actually being abusive points in the fact that the first wives death was reopened and that upon a more detailed look makes it now a questionable death. I tend to believe he did have something to do with his first wives death and being a cop can definitely help keep all suspicion off of him. Look at how long it took Scott Petersons Wives who disappeared and how long it took for his fellow officers to realize he had something to do with there deaths. This seems to run very parallel to that situation. JMO

&

Sep 30, 2015, 7:22:41 PM9/30/15
On 09/30/2015 10:11 AM, loree...@gmail.com wrote:

all crap . i win

&

Sep 30, 2015, 7:22:42 PM9/30/15
why are you defending a murderer are you a murderer too

traciek...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 11:04:44 PM9/30/15
I BELIEVE ALMOST EVERY PART OF THIS MOVIE. I TOTALLY BELIEVE DONNA'S INNOCENCE. END OF STORY.

traciek...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 11:04:46 PM9/30/15

&

Sep 30, 2015, 11:11:15 PM9/30/15
On 09/30/2015 11:04 PM, traciek...@gmail.com wrote:
> I BELIEVE ALMOST EVERY PART OF THIS MOVIE. I TOTALLY BELIEVE DONNA'S
> INNOCENCE. END OF STORY.

no one cares . i win
Message has been deleted

&

Jan 29, 2016, 1:10:31 PM1/29/16
On 01/29/2016 07:28 AM, stephani...@gmail.com wrote:
> No one cares.. I win.. Your a complete idiot, murderer & dumb ass
> liar. Shut up & find something to do other than portray an abusing
> abuser to be innocent when Dennis is a lying crooked woman abuser.
> Hey guess what.. He's dead. Thank God. Another idiot woman abuser
> buried below grown. He got what he deserved dumbass..

are you mental

Marxette

Jan 29, 2016, 2:49:16 PM1/29/16
LOL she calls you a murderer, ampy. Time to up those meds :)

--

Marxette

&

Jan 29, 2016, 5:54:50 PM1/29/16
thats why i called her mental marxette shes mental shes like donna
yaklich a liar . im right

aenam...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2016, 10:26:26 AM4/12/16
I guess this writer never updates. They reopened his first wife's murder and now have changed it to suspicious. So I wouldn't call that slander especially with two medical examiner's saying there's no way she got those injuries like he said she did. Maybe you should update your stuff.

&

Apr 12, 2016, 11:43:53 AM4/12/16
do you ever update

andersson...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2016, 7:07:15 AM4/28/16

> do you ever update

Retarded?

& are full of crap, i win.

&

Apr 28, 2016, 7:46:48 AM4/28/16
are you mad

steele...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2016, 8:22:44 PM8/17/16
Not to mention the mail man and telephone repair man saw her bruises. Why wasn't her supposed infidelity brought up at trial?

snowsce...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2017, 6:44:01 PM3/20/17
On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 6:22:44 PM UTC-6, steele...@gmail.com wrote:
> Not to mention the mail man and telephone repair man saw her bruises. Why wasn't her supposed infidelity brought up at trial?

I know people who lived in Pueblo by them and have been told the true story and yes, movies over dramatize as he took steroid pills and shakes. He was abusive and the affairs is hearsay. Even, if she did have affairs I hate to tell you a lot of domesti violence victims do. DV doesn't mean bruises. What about the logs from shelters who verified her story of when she went to them and he going to them to get her?

snowsce...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2017, 6:44:49 PM3/20/17

&

Mar 20, 2017, 8:49:13 PM3/20/17
iow she was the liar

&

Mar 20, 2017, 8:49:33 PM3/20/17
On 03/20/2017 06:44 PM, snowsce...@gmail.com wrote:
all crap

Turin Turd

Mar 24, 2017, 1:45:03 AM3/24/17
“&” is an infamous and anonymous internet troll. He launches
scurrilous, defamatory, trivializing and false diatribes against
Men’s Rights activists and their posts and against Men’s Rights
organizations. He therefore, has as his goals the disruption of
soc.men and the thwarting of the legitimate goals of the men’s
rights movement, and the denigration, trivialization and discrediting
of the leaders of the men’s rights movement and men’s rights
organizations.

FOAD TURIN you moron
Message has been deleted

truthbe...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 9:51:47 PM5/4/17
Two I ndependent reviews of Barbara's autopsy were conducted and both medical examiner's (consulted/financed by the "task force") concluded the same findings in the original report. Both stated Barbara's death was neither a homicide nor a suspicious death, but Sheriff Corsentino chose not to share this information as it would conflict with his witch hunt. Also, these are the only two actual reviews of her autopsy; the Arapaho County coroner simply responded to information provided to him by a reporter seeking to assist Donna. Dobersen never saw the autopsy report to my knowledge. The original autopsy was requested by Dennis, mind you. Someone knowingly responsible for another's death is not going to demand an autopsy. I certainly wouldn't. Finally, Corsentino, while working as an investigator in 1986, was the first person to approach Donna and suggest Dennis hired the Greenwell brothers to kill him so he could go out in a blaze of glory. And this is in court documents proving Corsentino said this to Donna while she was sitting in a jail cell shortly after her arrest. Clearly, the former sheriff had motive to skew the results of his "independent investigation" into Barbara's death.

&

May 7, 2017, 6:14:23 PM5/7/17

fake flooding from drug dealer scum posting junk messages to hide
behind traffic they steal your credit card numbers too its from peter j
ross greg hall and alt usenet kooks some of aliases are checkmate kensi
nadegda report identity thieves and pirates to fbi . i win
> "independent investigation" into Barbara's death..

--

i am & the great . i win
Message has been deleted

yosemi...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 1:20:56 AM5/15/17
oh shut the fuck up he did not dumbass

yosemi...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 1:52:54 AM5/15/17
no i wont leave her alone

yosemi...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 2:00:32 AM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 12:20:56 AM UTC-5, yosemi...@gmail.com wrote:
no dumbass you dont win

dawnsfi...@yahoo.com

May 15, 2017, 6:39:41 AM5/15/17
this thread is hilarious. sounds like a bunch of 6th graders!

smootho...@gmail.com

May 20, 2017, 8:07:41 PM5/20/17
She was as crazy as a loon.I cant believe state couldnt protect that money before she spent it all.i pray for his kids,maybe someone will give her child some of her medicine.

martihedgp...@gmail.com

May 24, 2017, 2:13:07 PM5/24/17
This story (from Dennis's family's point of view) was portrayed in Evil Stepmothers- Nanny Nightmare. It's Season 2, Episode 3 if anyone is interested. Vanessa and Chris tell a lot of the story. Vanessa said Donna took her and her younger brother shopping the day after Dennis died, and she immediately cashed in the life insurance policies (fact). Donna abused (mostly verbal and emotional) little Vanessa for years, according to the show. And Donna hit Vanessa at the funeral because she wouldn't stop crying and her aunt witnessed it and took Vanessa away. I know there are two sides to every story, but Evil Stepmothers sure made Donna into a cold blooded murderer, and with interviews from Dennis's family and the detectives, it was pretty believable!
Message has been deleted

&

Jun 1, 2017, 12:04:53 AM6/1/17

On 05/15/2017 01:18 AM, yosemi...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 8, 1994 at 11:17:29 PM UTC-6, chris dugan
> wrote:
>> Subject: The REAL Donna Yaklich Story... Newsgroups:
>> soc.men,soc.women,alt.feminism Summary: Keywords: X-Newsreader: TIN
>> [version 1.2 PL1]
>>

>> donna if i ever see you in public you are dead you ugly bitch
Message has been deleted

&

Jun 4, 2017, 6:43:00 PM6/4/17
On 06/03/2017 10:40 PM, kyan...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 8:26:26 AM UTC-6, aenam...@gmail.com
> The "writer" happens to be Donna's stepson and the son of the husband
> she killed. His facts are also correct.

loveforee...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 3:30:24 PM6/20/17
Chris do you Vanessa or how to contact her.. She was a very good of mine in elementary school.. It would be nice to talk to her again

loveforee...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 3:32:36 PM6/20/17
Chris if you do have any information please text or call me 7197171764

youand...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 3:44:31 AM7/15/17
WTF Your All Idiots!

erok...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 6:49:00 PM9/22/17
Looks like THIS PERSON was NOT LYING. DONNA is featured on DISCOVERY IDs EVIL STEPMOTHERS.

erok...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 6:50:14 PM9/22/17
On Wednesday, February 9, 1994 at 12:17:29 AM UTC-5, chris dugan wrote:
> Subject: The REAL Donna Yaklich Story...
> Newsgroups: soc.men,soc.women,alt.feminism

There is some TRUTH to all of this
Message has been deleted

oshs...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 10:37:41 PM9/22/17
Thank you for posting this. Donna is a self-centered. selfish, cold-blooded murderer who should have spent the rest of her life in prison instead of only serving 17-17 1/2 years for soliciting the murder of her husband, Dennis. She is no victim of abuse at his hands, and made all of the abuse up to garner sympathy from the jury. She decided to end Dennis' life in order to prevent the divorce HE was seeking after Christmas had passed, and receive approximately $350,000-$375,000 in life insurance and death benefits.

I have not seen this made-for-television movie that you are referring too, but it's obviously complete fiction. There were no steroids found in his body after his autopsy, and steroids were a central part of her defense. How do her apologists rationalize that fact? As you stated Chris, steroids would have been found in his system had those claims been true. They weren't though, and that fact alone nullifies the rest of her concocted story. She's a self-serving , cop-killing liar whom I hope lives a very unhappy and tortured life!

slct...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2017, 11:36:46 AM10/14/17
Ty for the info. I just watched the evil stepmother-nanny nightmare. Wow! How awful. I believe Dennis’ family more than the movie that I have watched for years on tv. :(

annvi...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 4:15:44 PM11/24/17
They should make a new movie depicting the truth

levi....@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2017, 8:57:52 PM12/24/17
Den onsdag 9 februari 1994 kl. 06:17:29 UTC+1 skrev chris dugan:
Den onsdag 9 februari 1994 kl. 06:17:29 UTC+1 skrev chris dugan:
WE here in Sweden know the thruth now! -- Discovery ID aired the true documentary about this terrible woman!-- she would have deserved a life sentence!

musicg...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2018, 2:41:06 AM3/31/18
Interesting

sherr...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 6:00:40 PM6/7/18
Where is she now?

lynd...@live.ca

Jun 9, 2018, 3:24:48 PM6/9/18
I totally agree, BTW, sounds like they didn't mention the horrific abuse that she used to subject poor Vanessa and the other children that were not hers to. Apparently, she was the worst to Vanessa, even going so far as to have told her that she was going to kill her father and said that it was because she was so "bad" that her mother died. SHe was HORRIBLY abusive. Another reason that he was going to divorce her.

dshan...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 12:04:29 PM8/3/18

dshan...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 12:20:24 PM8/3/18
Didn't anyone tell her she could have left & divorce her husband and get more then what she came in with? Donna wasn't a dumb woman and she could have got away from the (so called abusive) husband?? Come on if you believe that none of the children or anyone else saw the signs she is claiming? This came in a time that Real abuse was happening and women were taking a stand and Poor Denise and his family had to suffer under all these false accusations. I think Donna is a smart woman to fool the juror's I don't think she fooled the producer's They went for what would sell. This is the fake media They can say anything and call it fact (so sad ! )

nroun...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2018, 10:14:29 PM10/3/18
Just watched the Evil Stepmother episode. I was hoping to google Donna Yaklich and find out she died a slow and miserable death herself but unfortunately I come to find out she served less than half of her sentence and is already out of jail. I sincerely hope karma gets her one day. She is a wicked, twisted waste of space who should of been locked away for life. It makes me sick to think she may still be profiting from her husband’s death with some BS movie that’s based on a bunch of lies. I’m glad that the family of Dennis Yaklich have been strong enough to speak out against this vile woman and to let everyone know the truth about their father and what a great man he was. I sincerely hope they have found peace if not justice in telling their true story.

dorothyjo...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 5:23:00 AM6/20/19
Someone is really trying to save Dennis...We all know what happened.The coroner ruled no substance in his system..Come on he's with the police on this Don't want to tarnish the Pueblo Police Department.Donna did the only thing she could to get away from that monster..

dorothyjo...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 5:27:39 AM6/20/19
I really feel for Donna She was the real victim. I pray her life is much better now that she's paid her dept to society...That stepdaughter of hers was a piece of work.She was either too young or she still covers for her dad..

catfa...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2019, 5:57:08 PM9/13/19

Is she related to a woman named Jacqueline Yaklich? I ask because I had a woman named Jacqueline Yaklich as a teacher. Thank you.

Tracy Pulice

fiofiof...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2020, 4:33:07 AM6/4/20
Wow. You sure don’t sound like a cop...

I’ve researched this case with my partner—who is a defense attorney—and not only is there plenty of evidence of his brutality, not only with her, not only with his first wife, but with suspects. A fellow officer who—understandably did not want to be named—said that he dreaded working with Yaklich because of his violent methods and that he “got tired of cleaning up Dennis’ messes”. In interviews, his eldest daughter corroborated that her father was abusing in both marriages.

And speaking of the eldest daughter, guess you haven’t caught up—a second independent autopsy a) showed no evidence of chronic diet pill abuse (I’m assuming he was trying to claim she was a speed junky), she died from a perforated liver died due to a severe blow and that it was amended to be classified as suspicious. I don’t think a “diet pill allergy” lacerates a person’s liver, causing their body to bloat due to hemorrhaging 40% of their blood volume—which is a pretty damn grisly way to die.

In addition, Donna Yaklich tried REPEATEDLY to get help. First, she tried privately (speaking to his partner) and then she tried to report it through proper channels and hit that blue wall. Cops are worse than criminals about “not snitching”. At her trial, friends, family and even service people—a mail carrier and a phone repairman who, incidentally, had to go there TWICE from Yaklich ripping them phone off the wall. He said that the bruises on her face and neck were so obvious that you could see it at a glance.

I haven’t found any proof of her infidelity—which would be irrelevant, anyway—I didn’t even know there was a movie about Yaklich and even if I did, I don’t watch network/cable TV anyway, partly because of trashy fake bio/true crime movies which embellish to the point of making the case look completely suspect BECAUSE of the great fictional lengths to add drama—and I certainly don’t condone murder...but I sure can understand that if you are married to this enormous, steroid-infused—and sorry, but his steroid use was so egregious that he would shoot up right in front of others, to which half a dozen people confirmed. And you think because the autopsy report didn’t show traces of steroid use that it is just 100% legit? Riiiight. Just like the first autopsy was perfectly legit...but the second, *independent* autopsy called bullshit on the whole thing.

Furthermore, state investigators also did some digging around and discovered that in multiple, multiple instances, reports weren’t filed, incidents weren’t reported, and evidence would just mysteriously disappear...in the way of all corrupt, “we take care of our own even if our own is a wife-abusing, probably wife-murdering, dirty cop who would plant evidence, beat suspects and behave even worse than some of the badly beaten suspects they drag in” departments.

Again, my partner is a public defender and I’ve become his quasi-paralegal, so I routinely read cases in which the convicted person is railroaded by cops who make up their mind about a suspect, ignore evidence to the contrary, bury or “forget” to file reports supporting a suspects claims and the ever disappearing evidence. This crap happens routinely. He tells his kids and I tell mine that if you are ever arrested, you say one word and one word only: LAWYER.

Because if they decide you’re guilty (BTW, if they’ve arrested you or are having a friendly chat with you in an interrogation room, they can and will say and do anything to back up their theory (or the quota cops always deny they fill), including telling absolute bald-faced lies, threatening to contact your employer, contact social services to take away your kids, tell you some random witness—real but usually invented—came forward and claim to have seen you committing some crime, and, worst and most common of all, take turns with other cops interrogating you for literal days until you’re so hungry, sleep-deprived and traumatized that you’ll agree to just about anything, which is EXACTLY why there are so many false confessions...and once that happens, good luck in court. They don’t give a damn whether you are innocent or not; they want the collar.

This isn’t the exception; it’s the rule. I could write a book on how many people on this small town alone get blatantly railroaded. So if your partner happens to be a cop, we good luck. Because I can absolutely guarantee that if they are abusive...you’re on your own.

Which is exactly what happened to Donna Yaklich. Again, maybe he was some kind of bewilderingly beloved brute there, OR—and I think this is more likely—you or somebody in your family or a friend of yours is a cop. If not, that is terrifying. Because whe. A corrupt dept indoctrinates a community into believing a cop’s word is gold...and anybody who complains or says otherwise is a villain, then I can promise you that rogue cops will thrive and justice will not be had.