Origin of "Victory Disease"

milh...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2007, 11:12:52 AM2/6/07
I'm looking for information on Victory Disease. I believe that the
term was coined by the Japanese. But which person coined it?

MH

Mike Piacente

Feb 7, 2007, 12:35:23 AM2/7/07
Yes, the Japanese coined that phrase but who originally came up with it?
Good luck in trying to run that one down!

<milh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Joe Osman

Feb 7, 2007, 6:51:53 PM2/7/07

According to "Hawaii Under the Rising Sun: Japan's Plans for Conquest
After Pearl Harbor" by John J. Stephan in the chapter "Victory
Disease" the term (Senshobyo in Japanese) was coined by Chuko Ikezaki
in the 1930s.

Joe

Rich Rostrom

Feb 8, 2007, 10:36:27 PM2/8/07
"Joe Osman" <Joseph...@verizon.net> wrote:

>the term (Senshobyo in Japanese) was coined by Chuko Ikezaki in the 1930s.

In reference to what? Was Ikezaki a historian,
perhaps writing about the 1905 war?
--
| He had a shorter, more scraggly, and even less |
| flattering beard than Yassir Arafat, and Escalante |

Joe Osman

Feb 12, 2007, 4:53:25 PM2/12/07
> In reference to what? Was Ikezaki a historian,
> perhaps writing about the 1905 war?

Go to http://books.google.com/books?id=PbA7zURbxd8C&pg=RA1-
PA64&lpg=RA1-PA64&dq=chuko
+ikezaki&source=web&ots=O1Nl0eyUak&sig=E_iimqGEYpaylHTL2HQTlCgntMM
or http://tinyurl.com/347uq2. This will take you to the relevant page
in the book (I hope!).

Joe