Lundiak Jakab-Teodor 1915 buried

Andrii Lundiak

Nov 14, 2010, 3:01:43 PM11/14/10
[CZ, SK (Kosice), PL, UA] - Lundiak Research part.

Sorry, but it can be double posting. Cause previous for some reason
WAS NOT ADDED. Please use thi as LATESTE VERSION !!!

So .. I'm working on genealogy research of Surname Lundiak - it is my
own.

And recently I found these records:
http://www.cemetery.sk/?gr_id=68207&pid=620
http://www.vojensky.cemetery.sk/1ww_l.htm

I have discovered lost (maybe) my relatives - Lundiak Jakab-Teodor
buried in 1915 year at Kosice.

I have not found soc.genealogy.slovenia, so .. here I weill ask you
some qestions:

===== JUST for slovenian:
1) Can be Jakab as alis to Ivan proper name (in Ukraine - Іван;
English - John, Johan) ?
1.1) Is Jakab other form of Jakob (in Ukraine - Яків, Яков) ?

===== Slovenia, Czech Repubic, Poland, Hungary, PLEASE give me an
answer:

2) ??? Does anybody know what in YOUR LANGUAGE word "lund" mean ???

3) ??? How people from YOUR COUNTRY will say about people from
Lund ???

4) WHICH FORMS DO people HAVE in native language with root
word LUND an what they mean???

What about other slavic countries???

Can somebody help me ?

Here is my additional research:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.genealogy.britain/browse_thread/thread/31eefee954d0628b#

My Blog:
www.lundiak.blogspot.com

Andrii Lundiak

Nov 16, 2010, 3:53:34 AM11/16/10
Slovenian and other people, please help me.
It is very important for me.

Alex Sharon

Nov 16, 2010, 4:32:49 AM11/16/10
Hi Andrii,

Kosice are located in Slovakia (not Slovenia).
Modern town Kosice was known in Austro-Hungary as Kassa (or in German:
Kaschau).

Jakab is indeed Hungarian equivalent of Ukrainian Yakub (Yakov) and his
second name Teodor is an eaquivalent to Ukrainian Fedor (Fiodor)

To my best knowledge only town by name Lund is located in southern Sweden.
Lund has no known to me meaning in Polish
Lundiak (or probably Polish Lundziak) are appears to be originated from the
Bukovina or Stanislawow region of ex Austro-Hingarian Crown Land known as
Galicia.

Best

Alexander

"Andrii Lundiak" <lan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

[CZ, SK (Kosice), PL, UA] - Lundiak Research part.

Sorry, but it can be double posting. Cause previous for some reason
WAS NOT ADDED. Please use thi as LATESTE VERSION !!!

So .. I'm working on genealogy research of Surname Lundiak - it is my
own.

I have discovered lost (maybe) my relatives - Lundiak Jakab-Teodor
buried in 1915 year at Kosice.

I have not found soc.genealogy.slovenia, so .. here I weill ask you
some qestions:

===== JUST for slovenian:
1) Can be Jakab as alis to Ivan proper name (in Ukraine - ????;

English - John, Johan) ?

1.1) Is Jakab other form of Jakob (in Ukraine - ????, ????) ?

Andrii Lundiak

Nov 17, 2010, 4:38:37 AM11/17/10
Thanks Alex Sharon - I have done big mistake with misunderstanding
with these countries..
I have re-submited thsi post to soc.culture.czecho-slovak group as
well.

Alex Sharon:

> Kosice are located in Slovakia (not Slovenia).
> Modern town Kosice was known in Austro-Hungary as Kassa (or in German: Kaschau).

I did know this info - THANKS A LOT !!!

Alex Sharon:

> Jakab is indeed Hungarian equivalent of Ukrainian Yakub (Yakov) and his second name Teodor is an eaquivalent to Ukrainian Fedor (Fiodor)

I have guessed about synoyms and other toponyms of Jakab first name,
and You just verify this for me. Thanks.

But I have question - WHY this my Jakab had second name? Was it Czech-
Slovak requirement ? or it can be his private way of naming him?

Alex Sharon:

> To my best knowledge only town by name Lund is located in southern Sweden.
> Lund has no known to me meaning in Polish
> Lundiak (or probably Polish Lundziak) are appears to be originated from the
> Bukovina or Stanislawow region of ex Austro-Hingarian Crown Land known as Galicia.

YES, U ARE SURE - I am from Galicia (Stanislawow - Ivano-Frankovsk)
region - and I have almost sure, that this Jakab is one of my existed
Record in my Genealogy tree:
http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-122265391/test?familyTreeID=1
(not already finished online, but offline I have done huge work)

And now - I am figure out about this Jakab and why his Surname in
Slovak way is with special letter "a" - Lundiák
Would be great to get more about Slovak Language.

Are You sure that polish variant is Lundziak ???
I have some other pollish ways:
Łundiak - Лундяк,
Łuńdiak - Луньдяк
Lundiak - Люндяк,
Luńdiak - Люньдяк

and even Liundiak - as Люндяк

So your variant is new for me.... Can you verify that polish Lundziak
is existed and used surname ??

Going to google .. thanks

Alex Sharon

Nov 17, 2010, 6:51:34 AM11/17/10

Thanks Alex Sharon - I have done big mistake with misunderstanding
with these countries..
I have re-submited thsi post to soc.culture.czecho-slovak group as
well.

Alex Sharon:
> Kosice are located in Slovakia (not Slovenia).
> Modern town Kosice was known in Austro-Hungary as Kassa (or in German:
> Kaschau).

I did know this info - THANKS A LOT !!!

Alex Sharon:
> Jakab is indeed Hungarian equivalent of Ukrainian Yakub (Yakov) and his
> second name Teodor is an eaquivalent to Ukrainian Fedor (Fiodor)
I have guessed about synoyms and other toponyms of Jakab first name,
and You just verify this for me. Thanks.

But I have question - WHY this my Jakab had second name? Was it Czech-
Slovak requirement ? or it can be his private way of naming him?

Many people have two or even three first names, this is not a requirement,
but a tradition to commemorate names of grand ot grandgrandparent.
Some double names are traditional. Austro-Hungarian beloved monarch was
known as Franz-Joseph.
There is also possibility that in name Jakab Teodore thare are present two
elements: first name and patronymic (father's name or otchestvo) and most
probably Lundiak was known as Yakov Fiodorowich (ie Yakov son of Fiodor).
There is another angle in this story: Mr.Lundziak was burried in Kosice
_military_ cemetery. He was a soldier in Austro-Hungarian Army killed in
1915. He could originate from the other region than Kosice, but during time
of his death was located in this region

Alex Sharon:
> To my best knowledge only town by name Lund is located in southern Sweden.
> Lund has no known to me meaning in Polish
> Lundiak (or probably Polish Lundziak) are appears to be originated from
> the
> Bukovina or Stanislawow region of ex Austro-Hingarian Crown Land known as
> Galicia.

YES, U ARE SURE - I am from Galicia (Stanislawow - Ivano-Frankovsk)
region - and I have almost sure, that this Jakab is one of my existed
Record in my Genealogy tree:
http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-122265391/test?familyTreeID=1

(not already finished online, but offline I have done huge work).

Oh, I see, you are from place known in Polish history as "Miasto Rewery" in
honor of Stanislaw Rewera Potocki, who establish there fortress on Bystrzyca
Rivers.

And now - I am figure out about this Jakab and why his Surname in

Slovak way is with special letter "a" - Lundi�k

Would be great to get more about Slovak Language.

Just look there

http://www.slavism.com/slovak/abc.htm

Are You sure that polish variant is Lundziak ???
I have some other pollish ways:

Lundiak - ??????,
Lundiak - ???????
Lundiak - ??????,
Lundiak - ???????

and even Liundiak - as ??????

So your variant is new for me.... Can you verify that polish Lundziak
is existed and used surname ??

No, I cannot, it is just a intelligent assumption. Lundiak could means
something in local Rusin (Hutsul, Lemko) of Transcarpathian (Carpathian
Ruthenia) dialects

Going to google .. thanks

Your best bet is to get in contact with Matthew Bielawa and Brian Lenius,
world known genealogical researchers of Halychyna.
Go to Matthew Belawa website at

http://www.halgal.com/ruthenian.html

Profesor John-Paul Himka from the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada
is the legend in historical studies of Galicia/Halychyna and expert in
lingustics of this region.

You should write him a letter about Lundiak surname origin. Dr. Himka ia a
great guy, and very helpful

http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/historyandclassics/JohnPaulHimka.cfm

Best of luck in your quest, Andrii!

Alex

Andrii Lundiak

Nov 17, 2010, 9:14:28 AM11/17/10
First of all - Thanks to Alex, and sorry for Ukrainian not
transliterated words in previous post, instead of it we have here
question marks .. sorry.

www.lundiak.blogspot.com we can see in original.

I AM VERY APRECIATED for the links .. THANKS A LOT.

So ... SE my important remarks surrounded by " A.LUNDIAK=> " and
questions within " Q??? " notation

Alex:

>Many people have two or even three first names, this is not a requirement, but a tradition to commemorate names of grand ot grandgrandparent.
>Some double names are traditional. Austro-Hungarian beloved monarch was known as Franz-Joseph.
>There is also possibility that in name Jakab Teodore thare are present two elements: first name and patronymic (father's name or otchestvo) and most
>probably Lundiak was known as Yakov Fiodorowich (ie Yakov son of Fiodor).
>There is another angle in this story: Mr.Lundziak was burried in Kosice _military_ cemetery.
>He was a soldier in Austro-Hungarian Army killed in 1915.
>He could originate from the other region than Kosice, but during time of his death was located in this region

A.LUNDIAK=>
IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN this Jakab(Yakov)-Teodor(Fedir) Lundiak is my
relative from tree, I am currently in progress of verifying this.
AND, yes, he was gone to war in that time to Austro-Hungarian Army

Q???
BUT WHY you are talking about "Mr.Lundziak" variant of surname
Have you seen these records:
http://www.cemetery.sk/?gr_id=68207&pid=620
http://www.vojensky.cemetery.sk/1ww_l.htm
Are we talking about the same person?

Is it as you told - Your @intelligent assumption@
Do You think DZ can be used INSTEAD of J ?
??? LUNDJAK vs LUNDZIAK ??? in polish and slovak and magyar lang ?

Q???

A.LUNDIAK=>

Alex:

>Oh, I see, you are from place known in Polish history as "Miasto Rewery" in
>honor of Stanislaw Rewera Potocki, who establish there fortress on Bystrzyca
Rivers.

A.LUNDIAK=>
Yes, You are right, i am living no in this great region !!!!!
Q??? "Miasto Rewery" is it polish meaning of "City of River", "City on
The River" Q???
(I am asking because did not found translate for "Rewery" or "Rewera"
in www.translate.google.com)
A.LUNDIAK=>

Alex:

>No, I cannot, it is just a intelligent assumption. Lundiak could means something in local Rusin (Hutsul, Lemko) of Transcarpathian (Carpathian Ruthenia) dialects

A.LUNDIAK=>
As I am from local are I can Say - word LUNDIAK has no local meaning.
Only in Hungary - Magyar are talking about people from Lund - like
lundiak ... so this is only one point... and base version for my
research.
A.LUNDIAK=>

Alex:

>Your best bet is to get in contact with Matthew Bielawa and Brian Lenius, world known genealogical researchers of Halychyna. Go to Matthew Belawa website at

A.LUNDIAK=>
I have contacted with Matthew Belawa few moths ago - I have written
email to him, but no answer.
His email " bielawam at yahoo dot com " LOOKS LIKE is not valid
(I have Mail Delicery system message about it)
Q??? ALEX can you SUGGEST ME HIS another email Q???
A.LUNDIAK=>

Alex:

>Profesor John-Paul Himka from the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada is the legend in historical studies of Galicia/Halychyna and expert in lingustics of this region.
> You should write him a letter about Lundiak surname origin. Dr. Himka ia a great guy, and very helpful

A.LUNDIAK=>
Anyway, Thanks for link, but for me it is not working..
http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/ IS NOT ACCESSIBLE.
Will tray later.
Besides I've sent email to " john-paul DOT himka at ualberta DOT ca "
- looks like it is his email.
Q??? Alex, Let me know, if you have some other his emails Q???
If you wonder about privacy just send me email to " landike AT gmail
DOT com "
A.LUNDIAK=>

PS. In Canada I have relative like Tatyana Lundyak (Toronto) : )
But no response from her. I know her parents here in Ukraine only. : (