warning against subscribing to NewspaperARCHIVE.com

Stuart LeVine

Oct 27, 2006, 4:55:56 PM10/27/06

This is the strongest possible warning against subscribing to
NewspaperARCHIVE.com

1. The selection of papers is very limited, and worse, the selection of
years is terrible. Some papers have only 1 or 2 years.

You won't realize this as you have to really search around. All you will
experience is that your search will come back

empty.

2. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced from a web
site. Seven times I contacted them with a problem.

Twice they responded asking me to explain the problem (which was explained
in my email). Four times they never responded.

Once they responded that the problem was a feature (A search for the name
Tames give a result James, Prival gives Private and

Polivy gives Policy). They never answer their phone. They take you number
and don't return your calls.

3. Here is an example of what most of the returns from a search look like:

ltiiill, nlnst be written in a style and pertain, to PRIVUL'efuritters will
only

d nuirtyr muat-ho nhuied with thn piuun and nni-um- PRIVUL.i Hiu-n-tary

IIANNA- Two tilitinc'fiiriibhfil; VljIMrrii; PRIVUL- ms Jtujf ?15, Velvrt

4. Attempts to request a refund were ignored. Totally.

5. Cancellation requires you to fill in 2 forms online, explaining your
reasons. Then you have to print out another form,

fill in THE EXACT SAME INFORMATION you filled in online and fax it to them.
They warn you that even though you filled

out the online forms, if you fail to send in the fax they will keep charging
you.

Save the aggravation and avoid this site.

sblevine

cora miller

Oct 27, 2006, 6:10:51 PM10/27/06
to gen...@rootsweb.com
thanks and i was about to subscribe to one.
thanks for info
cora miller blind in oklahoma

> 10/26/2006

raide...@googlemail.com

Dec 10, 2006, 4:45:51 AM12/10/06
I couldn't agree more - I was given the same rip-off treatment and
appalling service. Under no account be tempted to open a Free Trial
Account - you will be charged even if, like me, you cancel within an
hour.
Dawn

katy

Dec 10, 2006, 8:32:47 AM12/10/06
A suggestion: Most online subscriptions are taken out on a credit card.
Stop payment. That gets their attention right away.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

iain_...@hotmail.com

Dec 16, 2006, 6:02:20 AM12/16/06
Absolutely agree. In late November I tried newspaperarchive's free
trial, and, finding that it was not of use to me, cancelled the next
day. Their online cancellation form was not working, so I used email
instead. Nervous that this might not be enough, I also telephoned, and
got a recorded message telling me to do exactly that (i.e. email my
cancellation). The following day, the online cancellation form was
working again, so I also used that. Belt, braces, velcro. They have
taken my money anyway, and I'm now trying -- so far without any success
-- to get my money back. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Ken Junttonen

Dec 16, 2006, 12:45:23 PM12/16/06
I had the same problem, finally managed to get it canceled, but I also
wrote to the Better Business Bureau in their hometown to complain about
the company.