A contemporaneous source: death dates

The Hoorn

Jun 30, 2009, 9:54:34 PM6/30/09
I am trimming the Family Tree, and I was attempting to locate a good
contemporaneous source on the death dates for:

Margaret I of Alsace (died on 15 November 1194), daughter of Thierry,
Count of Flanders and Sibylla of Anjou.

Baldwin V, Count of Hainaut (died on 17 December 1195)

Baldwin IV, Count of Hainaut (died on 8 November 1171)

Alix de Namur, wife of Baldwin IV Flanders (end Jul 1169)

Richilde, widow of Herman Comte de Hainaut, wife of Baldwin VI
Flanders (Messines 15 March 1087, bur Abbaye de Hasnon)

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would deeply
appreciate it.

RobinP

Jul 1, 2009, 5:25:49 AM7/1/09

Checking pages of some of the on the Genealogy Wikia (which don't help
you but should eventually), I rather wonder about Alix (d. 1169).
Wasn't "Baldwin IV Flanders" (980-1036)? -
http://genealogy.wikia.com/wiki/Baldwin_IV,_Count_of_Flanders_(980-1036)

The Hoorn

Jul 1, 2009, 10:37:44 AM7/1/09
I stand corrected:

Alix de Namur, wife of Baldwin IV Hanault (end Jul 1169)

Baldwin IV, Count of Hainaut (died on 8 November 1171)

Thanks. A copy and paste error.

TJ Booth

Jul 1, 2009, 3:46:19 AM7/1/09
to GenMedieval
See Charles Cawley MedLands pages, which cite contemporary sources for the
dates.

The Counts of Hainault (& Flanders) page is @
http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FLANDERS,%20HAINAUT.htm#_Toc212185315.
Sources cited (and quoted) include Chronicon Hanoniense by Gislebert of
Mons, written about 1195 or shortly after. His short bio @
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gislebert_of_Mons . A limited view of a
translation is @ http://books.google.com/books?id=JK1pHrxn4zQC .

Terry Booth