Ogle of Pinchbeck

WJho...@aol.com

Jan 5, 2007, 1:44:30 AM1/5/07
to GEN-ME...@rootsweb.com
I have today been going through the extracted baptisms for Ogle in Pinchbeck,
Lincs.

The Ancestral File supposes that that Thomas Ogle who is known to have
married Millicent Temple (dau of Thomas Temple of Stowe by Hester Sandys), is that
same Thomas Ogle bap 1 Mar 1589[/90] at Pinchbeck.

I'm unsure of this.

Putting all the baptisms in a row, so to speak, Thomas Ogle possibly by his
known wife Ann Bryan appears to have been continuously outputting children from
1587 to 1609. The mother is never named on these records, the father is just
Thomas Ogle. The baptisms are fairly continuous with no overlaps, so it
would appear to all be the same Thomas Ogle father.

Thomas Ogle who married Anne Bryan is known to be buried 29 Jun 1618 at
Pinchbeck and so these baptisms make sense. That is, he would be having children
at the earliest at age 18 and at the latest about 60.

In particular his eldest child Jane Ogle can now be determined as baptised 28
Nov 1587 which fits in well with her marriage to Dymoke Walpole born 16 Sep
1584, and married in 16 Dec 1608

However the problem is, that Thomas Ogle, after the baptism of his son Thomas
1 Mar 1589/90 and with several intervening children, has another son Thomas
Ogle baptised 21 Jan 1607 at Pinchbeck.

Again lining up all the baptisms, it appears that Thomas Ogle the son began
having children starting with Valentine Ogle baptised 4 Aug 1626 and ending
with Charles Ogle baptised 28 Apr 1650.

These dates fit in much better with a man aged 19 to 43 rather than a man
aged 36 to 60

Therefore I'm proposing that this Thomas Ogle who married Elizabeth unknown
and then Millicent Temple is the one baptised 21 Jan 1607. Making him also a
better fit for Millicent who must have been born between 1602 and 1618.

Will Johnson

henry neagle

Jan 5, 2007, 10:37:49 AM1/5/07
Hi Will

There is a pedigree of the Ogle family of Pinchbeck (which includes the
family you are interested in) in the Lincolnshire Pedigrees in 4 volumes
produced by the Harlien society. Also, this is on CD produced by The
Archive CD Project for which I have the CD version. If you would like a
look up then please let me know.

Jamie

<WJho...@aol.com> wrote in message

WJho...@aol.com

Jan 5, 2007, 12:48:22 PM1/5/07
to henry....@ntlworld.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com

In a message dated 1/5/2007 7:47:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
henry....@ntlworld.com writes:

If you would like a
look up then please let me know.

If you could tell me what page it's on, I think this volume is in google
books.

wjhonson

Jan 5, 2007, 4:56:26 PM1/5/07
The Lincolnshire Pedigrees is one of the things listed on my jump page.
Last week I was poking at it, trying to figure out if this Google
Books entry is actually all four volumes or just one of the volumes ?

http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC27765536

Does anyone know? It has at least a thousand pages. I did a search
for Ogle and hit four entires, although two were to the same page.
I've transcribed those entries here

http://countyhistorian.com/cecilweb/index.php/Ogle_of_Pinchbeck

Thanks
Will Johnson