Surname: JACKEL / JAEKEL / JAECKEL etc.

Lindsay Jackel

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96
I am seeking to find out as much as I can about my German ancestors who came
to Australia (state of South Australia - Barossa Valley) in the 1840s and then
moved over to Melbourne in the state of Victoria, Australia.

Do you know anything of the origin of the name or its meaning?

It originally had an umlaut above the "a".

Do you know why they would have left Germany ('ost prussen'?) at that time?

Carl Erdmann Jackel arrived in South Australia with his wife Johanna (nee
BLEICHER) and children Hermann and Auguste.

Thank you, Lindsay Jackel <jac...@melbpc.org.au>

PS I am also interested in the name KNOLL from Wurtenburg (?).
,-._|\ Lindsay Jackel
/ Oz \ <jac...@melbpc.org.au>
\_,--.x/ Locked Bag 5661 Melbourne Vic Australia 8100