Forays into genealogy data modelling I and II

Leif B. Kristensen

Oct 21, 2005, 1:24:40 PM10/21/05
I have written a couple of articles about the migration of my data from
a TMG database to a full-fledged SQL RDBMS. The project is still in
progress, and I'll probably continue to write about this stuff on my
homesite as long as I'm working on it. Don't hold your breath for a
finished application, though, unless someone with guts are stepping in
to do all the coding for me :-)

The urls of the articles are:

http://solumslekt.org/forays/tmg.php
http://solumslekt.org/forays/blue.php

Any comments are highly appreciated.
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen
http://solumslekt.org/

0_Qed

Oct 21, 2005, 5:31:44 PM10/21/05

WHOOSH^100.

BTW ... what coding language , or 'package' ??
=Certainly= =NOT= assembler, I'd hope.
<VVVBG>

'Ed' from WinNH_USA.
email addy is a 'bummer', from the early 90s, now defunct.

Leif B. Kristensen

Oct 22, 2005, 3:24:06 AM10/22/05
0_Qed wrote:

> BTW ... what coding language , or 'package' ??
> =Certainly= =NOT= assembler, I'd hope.

My preferred DB engine is PostgreSQL, as I believe I've mentioned a
couple of times in the articles. Some procedural programming is being
done in native plpgsql.

The Web 'interface' or rather the 'report engine' is written in PHP.
That part is quite mature now.

I've barely started writing a GUI in Python, with the psycopg db driver
and the wxPython widget set. This looks like a promising framework, and
I've found enough examples to get me started.