ULTIMATE REVISIONISM

1 view

Orest Slepokura

Sep 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/30/97

In article <342E78...@cadvision.com>, sha...@cadvision.com wrote:

> Orest Slepokura wrote:
>
> Dear Mr. "Slepokura"
>
> I have read with the great interest your posting and follow up review
> informing us about the visit to Israel of John Vorster, the Prime
> Minister of South Africa.

> Problem is that this visit happened more than 20 years ago, and a few
> changes occured in the world political scene, including Republic of
> South Africa.

=-=-=-=-=

Dear Mr. Sharon:

Thank you for your interest. But I'm sorry if you find a 20-year-old news
item problematic.

I don't find it problematic at all; if anything, I find it a real eye-opener.

Consider:

A visit to Yad Vashem, Israel's ultimate memorial to Hitler's victims, by
a onetime Nazi collaborator.

According to Israeli law, Vorster should have been arrested on the spot.

But he wasn't; instead, his Jewish hosts warmly welcomed him.

Here in Canada, I understand our venerable Jewish organizations are most
anxious to be rid of suchcreatures; whereas in Israel, one such creature
actually dropped in with an invitation in hand; as honoured guest, no
less.

Go figure, eh?

As I said, Vorster was then *invited* by his Jewish hosts to pay homage to
the victims of the Holocaust; by the late Yitzhak Rabin, as a matter of
fact.

Vorster, an unabshed racist, an implacable white supremacist, moreover,
was warmly and cordially received inJewish state, where he spent 4 days
brokering all kinds of deals between theIsrael and the apartheid regime.

No less remarkable was the calm equanmity both the Israeli and diaspora
Jews displayed toward the Vorster visit. Even the normally outspoken Gen.
Ariel Sharon was, it seems, positively tongue-tied on that occasion.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

As you see, I've taken the liberty of restoring the full complement of
newsgroups to its original list.

As the Good Book says, one mustn't one's light under a bushel.

BTW, down below here you refer to "Holly Land".Surely you meant Holly Wood.

=-=-=-=-=

> If you are really interested in visitors to the **Holly Land**, may I
> suggest to begin with the visit of Queen Sheba to the King Salomon
> Jerusalem and you may follow up with the other visitors, eg. crusaders
> and so on. This may provide a wider historical perspective on the
> relation between Israelis and their visitors.
>
> P.S.
> I took the liberty to remove some of the newsgroups addresees,
> originally quoted in ypur posting.
>
> Alexander Sharon, P.Eng.

What sort of truth is it that needs protection? - Auberon Waugh *
*
The London Daily Telegraph, May 9, 1992 *

jacob bekker

Sep 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/30/97

Orest Slepokura wrote:

> In article <342E78...@cadvision.com>, sha...@cadvision.com wrote:
>
> > Orest Slepokura wrote:
> >
> > Dear Mr. "Slepokura"
> >
> > I have read with the great interest your posting and follow up review
> > informing us about the visit to Israel of John Vorster, the Prime
> > Minister of South Africa.
>
> > Problem is that this visit happened more than 20 years ago, and a few
> > changes occured in the world political scene, including Republic of
> > South Africa.
>
> =-=-=-=-=
>
> Dear Mr. Sharon:
>
> Thank you for your interest. But I'm sorry if you find a 20-year-old news
> item problematic.
>
> I don't find it problematic at all; if anything, I find it a real eye-opener.
>
> Consider:
>
> A visit to Yad Vashem, Israel's ultimate memorial to Hitler's victims, by
> a onetime Nazi collaborator.
>
> According to Israeli law, Vorster should have been arrested on the spot.

Worster has been invited as a representative of a forein country, and
should be respected as such a person. Only the Soviet Union invited
poeple (the leaders of the Polish Kommunist Party) and execute them.

J.B.

(...)

Orest Slepokura

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

In article <34313F...@flash.net>, jacob bekker <jbe...@flash.net> wrote:

> Worster has been invited as a representative of a forein country, and
> should be respected as such a person. Only the Soviet Union invited
> poeple (the leaders of the Polish Kommunist Party) and execute them.
>
> J.B.

=-=-=-=-=

Winston Churchill also bullied and persuaded the *Free Poles* who had been
his allies in London during the Second World War to return to Poland,
assuring them they would be taken into the new government. In fact, they
were arrested by the Stalinists and never seen again.

As for John Vorster, he had been a onetime Nazi collaborator, an
unrepentant Nazi sympathizer, who was invited to Israel where he laid a
wreath at the Yad Vashem memorial to the victims of the Holocaust.

JB may consider this respectable; the most charitable thing I can say is
it was absurd.

Speaking with a bit less charity--abjectly hypocritical of his Jewish hosts.

=-=-=-=-=

Alexander Sharon

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

Orest Slepokura wrote:

> In article <34313F...@flash.net>, jacob bekker <jbe...@flash.net> wrote:
>

> > Worster has been invited as a representative of a forein country, and
> > should be respected as such a person. Only the Soviet Union invited
> > poeple (the leaders of the Polish Kommunist Party) and execute them.
> >
> > J.B.
> >
> =-=-=-=-=
>
> Winston Churchill also bullied and persuaded the *Free Poles* who had been
> his allies in London during the Second World War to return to Poland,
> assuring them they would be taken into the new government. In fact, they
> were arrested by the Stalinists and never seen again.
>
> As for John Vorster, he had been a onetime Nazi collaborator, an
> unrepentant Nazi sympathizer, who was invited to Israel where he laid a
> wreath at the Yad Vashem memorial to the victims of the Holocaust.
>
> JB may consider this respectable; the most charitable thing I can say is
> it was absurd.
>
> Speaking with a bit less charity--abjectly hypocritical of his Jewish hosts.

Dear Mr Slepokura,

Since you are again returning to the issue of Mr. Johannes Vorster, I
would like to remain you the historical visitor to Israel (and Yad
vaShem Memorial Institute, indeed). Anwar Sadat, then the President of
the Republic of Egypt and first loyal leutenant of Gamal A. Naser can
be qualified as a Nazi in the same extent as Mr. Vorster. Refer to
biographies of Naser and Sadat - those young Egyptian officer were
opposing Brits during WWII, dreaming (and assisting) Hitler's Afrika
Corps efforts in North Africa.

I guess that some of our fellow Quebecers, who opposed the draft during
WWII can be also compared to Mr. Vorster nationalistic (nazi?)
characteristics.

John Vorster was an Afrikaaner Nationalist. But in his time, prior to
and during WWII nationalism was preached by many other local young
politicians, opposing British colonialism. Did you sver heard of the
chaps by name Ghandi or Nehru? And what about other German Nazi
symptisers of this time, including nearly all Eastern European nations
leaders. John Vorster has been conviniently jailed by the British
Administration since he bothered them. During Vorster's visit to
Jerusalem, UN has been promoting Zionism = rasism ideas and Israel
needed any support from any country to oppose this motion. A
"Realpolitik" motion has been also very popular those days.

Yours faithfully,

Alexander Sharon

Orest Slepokura

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

Alexander Sharon wrote:

> Dear Mr Slepokura,
>
> Since you are again returning to the issue of Mr. Johannes Vorster, I
> would like to remain you the historical visitor to Israel (and Yad
> vaShem Memorial Institute, indeed). Anwar Sadat, then the President of
> the Republic of Egypt and first loyal leutenant of Gamal A. Naser can
> be qualified as a Nazi in the same extent as Mr. Vorster. Refer to
> biographies of Naser and Sadat - those young Egyptian officer were
> opposing Brits during WWII, dreaming (and assisting) Hitler's Afrika
> Corps efforts in North Africa.

=-=-=-=-=

Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi [*The Israeli Connection*, Pantheon Books: New
York, 1987, p. x-xi]:

"Vorster had been a Nazi collaborator who, *according to Israeli law*,
should have been arrested and put on trial the minute he set foot on
Israeli soil. Instead, he landed at the Tel-Aviv airport, the red carpet
was rolled out, and Israel's prime minister, Yitzhak Rabin greeted him
with a warm hug."

In Canada, as you know, Jews have recently held demonstrations outside the
homes of *alleged* Nazi war criminals and Nazi collaborators, demanding
that they be deported forthwith.

I stress that these men--like 88-year-old Wasily Bogutin--are only
*alleged* to be Nazi war criminals and Nazi collaborators.

But there was nothing alleged about Vorster's collaboration with the Nazis
when he arrived in Israel as Mr. Rabin's guest of honour: It was a cold,
hard fact.

Vorster had spent two years of the Second World War at Koffiefontien
Prison in South Africa, interned as a Nazi collaborator, a Nazi
sympathizer.

No less remarkable was the calm equanimity, the apparent blithe
indifference, of the Jewish community, both in Israel and the diaspora, to
Vorster's 1976 visit to Israel.

Why were there no demonstrations then, one wonders, led by young Zionist
Turks demanding that Vorster be arrested; or, at the very least, as is
happening now here in Canada, that Vorster be deported?

Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi: "The tactlessness of the Israeli Foreign Office,
which had invited a known Nazi collaborator to a memorial to the victims
of Nazism, and then subjected him to a lecture on the Nazis, was
astounding."

Why did the officials at Yad Vashem allow the Holocaust memorial to be
party to such a farce? Why such abject Jewish hypocrisy?

=-=-=-=

> I guess that some of our fellow Quebecers, who opposed the draft during
> WWII can be also compared to Mr. Vorster nationalistic (nazi?)
> characteristics.

=-=-=-=

Jean-Louis Roux was an 18-year-old university student in 1942.

During a raucous anti-conscription demonstration in Montreal one Sunday
afternoon, Roux drew a black swastika on the sleeve of his white lab-coat.

More than 50 years passed. Roux, a popular actor and Canadian patriot, was
appointed to the post of lieutenant-governor of the province of Quebec.

Whereupon a journalist, following an interview with Roux, revealed this
tiny detail--of the black swastika drawn upon a white lab-coat.

Roux promptly resigned his office and then made a public statement
apologizing to Canada's Jewish community.

...But Vorster was welcomed to Yad Vashem, and no important Jewish leader
has ever answered for it.

Some Jewish intellectuals, like Israel Shahak and Noam Chomsky, Yuri
Avneri and Amnon Kapeliouk, have denounced the Vorster visit.

But no Jewish leader has answered for it, the way the Jean-Louis Roux paid
for his Sunday afternoon indiscretion at an anti-conscription rally in
1942.

=-=-=-=

Sharon:

> John Vorster was an Afrikaaner Nationalist. But in his time, prior to
> and during WWII nationalism was preached by many other local young
> politicians, opposing British colonialism. Did you sver heard of the
> chaps by name Ghandi or Nehru? And what about other German Nazi
> symptisers of this time, including nearly all Eastern European nations
> leaders. John Vorster has been conviniently jailed by the British
> Administration since he bothered them. During Vorster's visit to
> Jerusalem, UN has been promoting Zionism = rasism ideas and Israel
> needed any support from any country to oppose this motion. A
> "Realpolitik" motion has been also very popular those days.
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Alexander Sharon

=-=-=-=

I quite understand that nations, including Israel, put self-interest above
morality, while affecting a kind of moral authority. "Realpolitik," you
call it. Israeli examples of such self-serving "realpolitik" abound:

For example, Israel sold arms to Guatamalan colonels, who used these arms
to commit genocide against the country's Mayan Indians; Israel carried out
a series of joint nuclear weapons tests (thanks, in part, to John Vorster)
with the racist, apartheid regime of South Africa; Israel retailed U.S.
military technology to comunist China; Israel helped the communist Derque
government in Ethiopia exterminate its opposition; Israel trained death
squads for Columbian drug dealers; Israel arranged shipment networks in
Noriega's Panama to bring cocaine from Latin America into North America;
only very recently, four Mossad assassins dispatched to Jordan to murder a
Shi'ite cleric were found to have been carrying Canadian passports.

As for John Vorster being invited by his eminent Jewish hosts to pay
homage to the victims of the Holocaust, I would call this--surrealpolitik.