Re: Greek author describes designer fashion (international)

Frank Kalder

Jul 11, 2005, 1:53:05 AM7/11/05
marika wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

> > I'm glad that you are interested in architecture, too.
>
> hey I really do.

Hey, that's great!

> Corbu is probably the most interesting to me, like the
> math building in harvard. i stayed in a dorm on that campus one summer and
> the building was right across the block.

That was sure very fascinating.

I like this pioneer architect 'Le Corbusier', too.
Many years ago I visited his famous "La Chapelle de Notre-Dame du
Haut"

http://home.planet.nl/~jvansant/zcorbu.htm

at Ronchamps (France).

> one year, when my sister was getting married, she asked for postmodern
> towels. i wasn't sure what she meant but we went shopping and she picked
> them out. they were pale blue and mauve with little dots on squares.
> really nice

Indeed.

> i am an american living in america. i am finding the conversation
> interesting especially when people aren't flaming out.

I appreciate your nationality.
It's up to us to suppress - diplomatically - any flaming trials.

I've quite a lot of experience (studying & doing business)
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/cc1a9fc640c269e0

in the USA. And gogu - a Greek engineer architect (PhD) - stays
frequently on his Greek parents' house (representation office) in New
Jersey (Hackensack river area) which is very close to Manhattan.

Where do you live, Marita?

I've noticed that you are communicating steadily at
alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley. What's this ng all about,
particularly what means "lester-mosley"?

Rgrds, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html
Results of the G8 summit at Gleneagles (Scotland)

marika

Jul 11, 2005, 8:42:37 PM7/11/05

"Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> wrote in message

> I like this pioneer architect 'Le Corbusier', too.
> Many years ago I visited his famous "La Chapelle de Notre-Dame du
> Haut"
>
> http://home.planet.nl/~jvansant/zcorbu.htm
>
> at Ronchamps (France).

o my god that was beautiful
especially that fourth photo.
the colors were astonishing

> > one year, when my sister was getting married, she asked for postmodern
> > towels. i wasn't sure what she meant but we went shopping and she
picked
> > them out. they were pale blue and mauve with little dots on squares.
> > really nice
> >

> Indeed.
>
> > i am an american living in america. i am finding the conversation
> > interesting especially when people aren't flaming out.
> >

> I appreciate your nationality.
> It's up to us to suppress - diplomatically - any flaming trials.
>
> I've quite a lot of experience (studying & doing business)
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/cc1a9fc640c269e0

that's neat! you are very well travelled

> in the USA. And gogu - a Greek engineer architect (PhD) - stays
> frequently on his Greek parents' house (representation office) in New
> Jersey (Hackensack river area) which is very close to Manhattan.

I sort of know where that is. I certainly know where Hackensack is on the
turnpike

> Where do you live, Marita?

at this moment i live in Washington DC

> I've noticed that you are communicating steadily at
> alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley. What's this ng all about,
> particularly what means "lester-mosley"?

Lester Mosley is the name of a person. He is an old friend. nothing more
mysterious than that.

Stuff he posts is stored in that newsgroup. Right now he is rather
interested in the subject of satellite radio so most of his posts are about
that.

I cross post to that group because it is easier for me to find my posts if
they are crossposted there. Rather than all over the place, which is
convenient because I am interested in so many things and sometimes i forget
what i posted and where. makes it easier to track followups.

It isn't mysterious at all.

also lester is a nice guy

mk5000

"So you say you (heart) the 80s. Hmm, which side of the tracks did you say
you was from? See, in the time that actually was, for every bit of
synth-laden mainstream pop that is grimaced over today on VH1, there was
something musical happening in the youth underground that is still worn as
proudly and indelibly as an old tattoo."--scratch email

Frank Kalder

Jul 12, 2005, 2:00:57 AM7/12/05
marika wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[Corbusier]

> > ... "La Chapelle de Notre-Dame du Haut" [...]

> > at Ronchamps (France).
>
> o my god that was beautiful
> especially that fourth photo.
> the colors were astonishing

I'm glad you liked it.

[...]

> at this moment i live in Washington DC

Great (I was there visiting once, many years ago).
Are you perhaps a politician?
I understand you like poems.
Did you study literature?
Or, perhaps, what other major / minor did you have at Harvard and
elsewhere?

> Lester Mosley [...]

In Germany, we understand that it is not appropriate to put *names* of
usenet participants into the header (as the netiquette suggests).
Is this seen different in the US?
Did L.M. agree that his name is used in such a manner?

In this thread someone speculated that you are male (at around 50). I
perceive, so far, that you are a rather young (hetero) woman. Or am I
mistaken?

> I cross post to that group because it is easier for me to find my posts if
> they are crossposted there. Rather than all over the place, which is
> convenient because I am interested in so many things and sometimes i forget
> what i posted and where. makes it easier to track followups.

That's a good idea.

> It isn't mysterious at all.

I didn't think of anything mysterious. I've only been curious what
'it' is all about.

> also lester is a nice guy

I trust you on that...

CU, Frank

marika

Jul 12, 2005, 9:44:23 PM7/12/05

> marika wrote:
> Are you perhaps a politician?

a politician who had sense would not be posting to usenet
I would have forgotten to put out a candle and the house woulda
burned down
so i have no sense
therefore i am also not a politician who would post to usenet
and burned my fingers

> I understand you like poems.

yes i do
Now I have a Virgen de Guadalupe candle going.
i had a friend who wrote a nice poem about one.

> Did you study literature?

not as my major but certainly i have had a few literature courses

> Or, perhaps, what other major / minor did you have at Harvard and
> elsewhere?

i was at harvard for only a month in the summer. I finished with an urban
planning degree and hence my appreciation for le corbu

> > Lester Mosley [...]
> >

> In Germany, we understand that it is not appropriate to put *names* of
> usenet participants into the header (as the netiquette suggests).

hmmm. The group was created in his name. there are many groups that are
named after individuals, both famous real celebrities (eg
alt.fan.frank-sinatra) so you couldn't post about a celebrity in the group
about him without including his name

so too unfamous person usenet groups.

these are called "vanity groups".

where a person has a vanity group, there is generally no restriction against
including that groups name if the vanity group considers the post on topic.

as lester has not restricted topic content in any way that i am aware of, it
is ok for me to post stuff there. If he ever had a problem with it he
certainly would tell me
I am supposed to see him in person next weekend so i will ask him then

> Is this seen different in the US?
> Did L.M. agree that his name is used in such a manner?

i will ask him that too

> In this thread someone speculated that you are male (at around 50). I
> perceive, so far, that you are a rather young (hetero) woman. Or am I
> mistaken?

hetero woman yes. rather young - absolutely not. but women do not disclose
their ages and of course you must know it is impoilte in the US to inquire
about a woman's age.

> > I cross post to that group because it is easier for me to find my posts
if
> > they are crossposted there. Rather than all over the place, which is
> > convenient because I am interested in so many things and sometimes i
forget
> > what i posted and where. makes it easier to track followups.
> >

> That's a good idea.
>
> > It isn't mysterious at all.
> >

> I didn't think of anything mysterious. I've only been curious what
> 'it' is all about.
>
> > also lester is a nice guy
> >

> I trust you on that...

in prayer

mk5000

"you know it makes me feel so sad
to know her kids won't call me dad"--autograph, my girlfriend's boyfriend
isn't me

Frank Kalder

Jul 13, 2005, 2:07:19 AM7/13/05
marika wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>
> a politician who had sense would not be posting to usenet
> I would have ...

ACK.

> i was at harvard for only a month in the summer.

That was surely a very nice stay.

> I finished with an urban
> planning degree and hence my appreciation for le corbu

That's very interesting indeed.

> > > Lester Mosley [...]

> these are called "vanity groups".

ACK.

> > Did L.M. agree that his name is used in such a manner?
>
> i will ask him that too

As far as I'm concerned, it's a bit scary to me to get my name
mixed up with someone I don't know at all. But you may tell him my
regards anyway (occasionally).

> hetero woman yes. [...]
This clarification is sufficient. Thanks.
I never wanted to know anyone's real age at the usenet though.

gogu

Jul 13, 2005, 6:28:59 PM7/13/05
Frank Kalder wrote:
> marika wrote:

OK Frank, here is the message but as I can see, I can't post binaries
through Google !
So I guess if you want to see those photos you have to contact me ...
Thanks for the understanding.

---------------------------
From: "gogu" <gola...@MUIEyahoo.com>
Newsgroups: soc.culture.greek,soc.culture.europe,soc.culture.german
<d9pvm5$1jk2$1...@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr>
<1119943531....@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
<d9v95a$ipg$1...@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr>
<1120203725.7...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
<da3mes$322$1...@usenet.otenet.gr>
<1120296067.1...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
<dacgh5$gji$1...@usenet.otenet.gr>
<1120546618.9...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
<daf7hl$1a78$1...@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr>
<1120638169....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Greek author describes designer fashion (international)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:10:07 +0300

? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[hypermodern houses in Arizona & New Mexico]

>> Well, I must search my photos and scan a couple of them.

>Great!

>> As soon as I find them I'll put a couple here, even if it is not OK to
>> post
>> binaries...

>I suppose it won't hurt here (copyright-wise).

They are from a book I bought years ago while in US, so I don't think
there
will be copyright problems, but who knows...

>>[East European new 'high society']

>But in Western Europe some 'dump' girls have e.g. Paris Hilton as
>symbol (trying to copy her, but not having the necessary money though).

Who said there's no worse ?;-)

>The Greek multibillionaire parents of her fiancι "Paris"
>apparently (according to the media in Germany) don't like this
>'self-marketing sex-symbol' to join their more distinguished family
>clan. How do you /and the Greeks - in general -/ feel about this
>forthcoming marriage?

!!!
I didn't even know she is sentimentally involved with a Greek !
You see, I don't follow regularly the gossip pages ;-)

>> I know but go tell it to the average "mediterranean" ;-)

>Of course, I understand this "sun based" attitude of relaxation ;-)

Unfortunately...

>And there is not much need, particularly for Greeks, as far as
>emissions (pollution) is concerned, as they do almost not have
>mass-production industries.

LOL
Thank you for you kind words but reality is a tad different :-)
There are mass-production industries (cement, aluminum, steel, etc) and
the
problem is they *do* pollute quite a lot, even if they are not so
numerous
as in Germany...
Only in the last decade there were made some efforts to apply stricter
pollution-prevention standards but it's going quite slowly...
Not to mention the huge pollution by cars in the big cities...

>> China is even worse than Greece in environmental pollution :-)

>:-) Indeed, way-out far worse :-(

>Btw, Christoph M. (at de.soc.wirtschaft / photovoltaic thread), has
>been pleased [:-)] that you had a look at the Ingolstadt-pv-houses-pics
>on his 'engineer bureau' website.

I would like to thank him, I saw there some interesting things and they
gave
me some ideas !

So here I am posting a couple of pictures from houses I found in that
magazine, certainly not post-modern (except *maybe* the house in New
Mexico,
the last in the bottom) but houses I really liked them.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and more:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Rgrds, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

European Guide by Jana Mohd:

gogu

Jul 13, 2005, 6:24:46 PM7/13/05
Frank Kalder wrote:
> marika wrote:

Frank, I don't know what happened but I have posted a message
yesterday, which I don't find it on Google. Maybe it's what I've told
you, probably my ISP has a limit to the binaries KB I can post.
I'll try to repost it here through Google and if it doesn't show again,
I'll have to ask you to contact me in order to send it through e-mail
and if you want you can post it from my behalf.

tnx

Frank Kalder

Jul 14, 2005, 2:29:50 AM7/14/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
> > marika wrote:
>
> [hypermodern houses in Arizona & New Mexico]
>
> They are from a book I bought years ago while in US, so I don't think
> there will be copyright problems, but who knows...

ACK.

> >>[East European new 'high society']
>

> >But in Western Europe some 'dump' girls have e.g. Paris Hilton as
> >symbol (trying to copy her, but not having the necessary money though).
>
> Who said there's no worse? ;-)

;-))

[Paris Hilton & her Greek fiancé Paris Latsis]

> I didn't even know she is sentimentally involved with a Greek!
> You see, I don't follow regularly the gossip pages ;-)

ACK.

[pollution in Greece]

> Thank you for you kind words but reality is a tad different :-)
> There are mass-production industries (cement, aluminum, steel, etc) and
> the problem is they *do* pollute quite a lot, even if they are not so
> numerous as in Germany...

I see (thanks for the clarification).

> Only in the last decade there were made some efforts to apply stricter
> pollution-prevention standards but it's going quite slowly...
> Not to mention the huge pollution by cars in the big cities...

ACK.

> >> China is even worse than Greece in environmental pollution :-)
>

> >:-) Indeed, way-out far worse :-(
>

> >Btw, Christoph M. (at de.soc.wirtschaft / photovoltaic thread), has
> >been pleased [:-)] that you had a look at the Ingolstadt-pv-houses-pics
> >on his 'engineer bureau' website.
>
> I would like to thank him, I saw there some interesting things and they
> gave me some ideas !

I'm glad about that, and I'll surely communicate it to him
(occasionally).

> So here I am posting a couple of pictures from houses I found in that
> magazine, certainly not post-modern (except *maybe* the house in New
> Mexico, the last in the bottom) but houses I really liked them.

They did, unfortunately, not appear here.

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

Results of the G8 summit at Gleneagles (Scotland)

Frank Kalder

Jul 14, 2005, 2:37:32 AM7/14/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
> > marika wrote:
>
> Frank, I don't know what happened but I have posted a message
> yesterday, which I don't find it on Google. Maybe it's what I've told
> you, probably my ISP has a limit to the binaries KB I can post.

Maybe there

http://www.usenetbinaries.com/doc/About.html

is an explanation for this phenomenon.

> I'll try to repost it here through Google and if it doesn't show again,
> I'll have to ask you to contact me in order to send it through e-mail
> and if you want you can post it from my behalf.

Perhaps that might be a possibility.

gogu

Jul 14, 2005, 4:41:35 PM7/14/05
Frank Kalder wrote:
> gogu wrote:
> > Frank Kalder wrote:
> > > marika wrote:
> >
> > Frank, I don't know what happened but I have posted a message
> > yesterday, which I don't find it on Google. Maybe it's what I've told
> > you, probably my ISP has a limit to the binaries KB I can post.
> >

> Maybe there
>
> http://www.usenetbinaries.com/doc/About.html
>
> is an explanation for this phenomenon.

I know them and already have an account with them, can you point me to
an appropriate ng to post the pictures ?
As I said they are not big deal and rather old, but nevertheless from
houses in Arizona and New Mexico I liked them a lot.

Thanks!

Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Jul 14, 2005, 5:34:42 PM7/14/05
Hey

You are the wannabegrik Romanian cocksucker, aren't you ?

*LOL*

PWN3D !

Panta Rhei

Jul 14, 2005, 8:24:41 PM7/14/05

Hey, you are the Turkish queen, that kept asking in these groups what male
cum and smegma taste like, aren't you? Still obsessed with your favorite
topic?

LMAO!

PWNED!

--
Living the life of a ridiculed, bitchslapped loony on usenet helps Beanie
Tinfoil (right now: "Walter Mitty" <BG>) forget the failures in his life.

Frank Kalder

Jul 15, 2005, 2:24:17 AM7/15/05
gogu wrote:gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> I know them and already have an account with them, can you point me to
> an appropriate ng to post the pictures?
> As I said they are not big deal and rather old, but nevertheless from
> houses in Arizona and New Mexico I liked them a lot.

You may mail them to me (address according to header). As I'm just
travelling I'll be back in a few days and can try to put them via the
ng

http://groups-beta.google.com

into the usenet.

But you may also be able to try it directly. Just 'sign in' there
and start doing it (for an experiment).

Frank Kalder

Jul 15, 2005, 4:48:16 AM7/15/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> [houses in Arizona and New Mexico ...]

_This is my second today's reply_

Meanwhile I've found something of the way-out new

'US Southwest architecture'

by the multiple 'award winning" Gordon Rogers:

1) http://www.gordonrogers.com/gordon_rogers_designs.html

[pics (.gif)

2) http://www.gordonrogers.com/images/paradise-garden_sc.gif

3) http://www.gordonrogers.com/images/paradise-porch_sc.gif

4) http://www.gordonrogers.com/images/1997m-exterior_sc.gif

5) http://www.gordonrogers.com/images/1997m-patio_sc.gif

6) http://www.gordonrogers.com/images/1993-interior_sc.gif

7) http://www.gordonrogers.com/images/1996m-interior2_sc.gif

Is this type of buildings what you'd like, gogu?

Is something similar built in Greece, too?

Or what other US architects and design styles do you prefer as far as
their homebuilding concepts are concerned?

Slogan:

"The Art of Architecture
... unique, timeless, enduring ..."

Tom *Hooray Henry* Trosborg

Jul 16, 2005, 8:57:52 AM7/16/05

Well done Frank

Just forward it all onto Thessalonika Police as discussed

Good Job !

gogu

Jul 19, 2005, 7:07:23 PM7/19/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu wrote:gogu wrote:
>> Frank Kalder wrote:
>>

>> I know them and already have an account with them, can you point me to
>> an appropriate ng to post the pictures?
>> As I said they are not big deal and rather old, but nevertheless from
>> houses in Arizona and New Mexico I liked them a lot.
>>

> You may mail them to me (address according to header). As I'm just
> travelling I'll be back in a few days and can try to put them via the
> ng

I am going to send them to you to your private address Frank.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

> http://groups-beta.google.com

Lester Mosley

Jul 20, 2005, 6:17:42 AM7/20/05

gogu wrote:
> ? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????
> > gogu wrote:gogu wrote:
> >> Frank Kalder wrote:
> >>

> >> I know them and already have an account with them, can you point me to
> >> an appropriate ng to post the pictures?
> >> As I said they are not big deal and rather old, but nevertheless from
> >> houses in Arizona and New Mexico I liked them a lot.
> >>

> > You may mail them to me (address according to header). As I'm just
> > travelling I'll be back in a few days and can try to put them via the
> > ng
>
> I am going to send them to you to your private address Frank.

Who is this Frank you speak of?

gogu

Jul 20, 2005, 6:28:03 PM7/20/05
? "Lester Mosley" <lester...@gmail.com> ?????? ??? ??????

Poster Frank Kalder, who else ?!
Take the thread upstream and you'll understand.

Frank Kalder

Jul 21, 2005, 1:48:22 AM7/21/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> gogu wrote:
> > Frank Kalder wrote:
>
> Who is this Frank ...?

Hi Lester,

I'm afraid Marita has put this theme

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/2e4a9ae95ebf92dc

into your ng, too (she's explained why she did so).

Do you wish that we throw it out in the postings ahead?

Rgrds, Frank

Frank Kalder

Jul 21, 2005, 3:24:14 AM7/21/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> I am going to send them to you to your private address, Frank.

OK, gogu,
I'll be back from my travel on the forthcoming weekend.

Meanwhile, what do you feel about or how do you like

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/b8f54895dc4be13b

the particular photos (.gif) /respectively this US Southwest
architecture style/ I had posted recently?

gogu

Jul 22, 2005, 5:54:18 PM7/22/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu wrote:
>> Frank Kalder wrote:

>> I am going to send them to you to your private address, Frank.

> OK, gogu,
> I'll be back from my travel on the forthcoming weekend.

Lucky you :-)
From today I'll also be on a short vacation of about 10 days, sailing at the
Aegean sea.
I'll be back Monday August 1st (I think ;-)).

> Meanwhile, what do you feel about or how do you like
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/b8f54895dc4be13b
>
> the particular photos (.gif) /respectively this US Southwest
> architecture style/ I had posted recently?

For some strange reason when I click on the links on google it gives me
"HTTP 404 - Could not find the file" !!!
I had to directly access the site (http://www.gordonrogers.com/) and then
look at various pictures.
Well, the guy is good, it seems he is specialized in "monumental"
architecture ;-)
His work is not post-modern IMO (except maybe the second house ;-)) but it
is certainly much nearer to the style I prefer.
He is inventive in shading, I also like how he integrates parts of the house
to the scenery.
He is heavily using glass, iron and wood.
He is lucky to have something we miss here in Europe: the liberty to design
BIG houses !
I like the work of Dick McNeill, the work of the Ambrose, Swanson & Assoc.
bureau, the work of Bennie M. Gonzales, Henrik Bull, also Roger Lee.
Of course all of the them older architects but with a big pall-mares.

Talk again in about 10 days, enjoy your vacation :-)

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Frank Kalder

Jul 23, 2005, 3:33:21 AM7/23/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[...]

> From today I'll also be on a short vacation of about 10 days,
> sailing at the Aegean sea.
> I'll be back Monday August 1st (I think ;-)).

[...]
> Talk again in about 10 days ...

ACK, gogu, lucky you!
Enjoy your fascinating sailing cruise vacation!
:-)

Ahoy! Frank

gogu

Jul 23, 2005, 4:26:59 AM7/23/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu wrote:
>> Frank Kalder wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>> From today I'll also be on a short vacation of about 10 days,
>> sailing at the Aegean sea.
>> I'll be back Monday August 1st (I think ;-)).
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Talk again in about 10 days ...

> ACK, gogu, lucky you!
> Enjoy your fascinating sailing cruise vacation!
> :-)

Thanks Frank, we will embark in about 5 hours ;-)

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Jul 23, 2005, 11:16:31 AM7/23/05

Dream on you poor Romaneshti immigrant

You embark on your donkey ride

*PMSL*

Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Jul 23, 2005, 11:18:24 AM7/23/05

He's sailing in a dingy dinghy through Bucharest really !

*PMSL*

Panta Rhei

Jul 23, 2005, 1:07:21 PM7/23/05
Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty writes:

Lame, predictable troll!

--
Living the life of a ridiculed, bitchslapped loony on usenet helps Beanie

Tinfoil right now: ("Walter Mitty" <BG>) forget the failures in his life.

Panta Rhei

Jul 23, 2005, 1:08:00 PM7/23/05
Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty writes:

> He's sailing in a dingy dinghy through Bucharest really !
>
> *PMSL*

You know so many things, Weenie Beanie retard! And they are all within your
suffering, little, twisted, Turkish mind! LMAO!

--
Living the life of a ridiculed, bitchslapped loony on usenet helps Beanie

Tinfoil (right now: "Walter Mitty" <BG>) forget the failures in his life.

Lester Mosley

Jul 23, 2005, 10:58:46 PM7/23/05

> > Who is this Frank you speak of?
>
> Poster Frank Kalder, who else ?!
> Take the thread upstream and you'll understand.

Huh? upstream of what? What river do you speak of?

I am lost in this mess of water.

Frank Kalder

Jul 24, 2005, 3:56:44 AM7/24/05
Lester Mosley schrieb:

> Huh? upstream of what? What river do you speak of?
>
> I am lost in this mess of water.

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/7a3f2f0e11495d88

FK

Frank Kalder

Jul 25, 2005, 3:07:29 AM7/25/05

marika wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > > Lester Mosley [...]

> I am supposed to see him in person next weekend so i will ask him then.

Thanks, Marika, for your pm report.

Furthermore, I'm glad you enjoyed the US Southwest houses pics.

I'm just leaving for another travel; - that's why I replied this
way.

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

European Guide by Jana Mohd:
www.designer-fashion.de [Haplif Edition]

Lester Mosley

Jul 25, 2005, 5:45:23 AM7/25/05

Frank Kalder wrote:
> marika wrote:

> > I am supposed to see him in person next weekend so i will ask him then.
> >

> Thanks, Marika, for your pm report.
>
> Furthermore, I'm glad you enjoyed the US Southwest houses pics.
>
> I'm just leaving for another travel; - that's why I replied this
> way.
>

> CU, Frank

Nice. Enjoy your trip.
Watch the hurricanes... they can be a crazy ride when they hit Cat 5

Frank Kalder

Jul 26, 2005, 3:57:47 AM7/26/05
Lester Mosley schrieb:

> Frank Kalder wrote:
> >
> Nice. Enjoy your trip.
> Watch the hurricanes... [...]

Unfortunately, I'm /only/ on a business trip.

Sailing is not an option for me this year,
but it's been for many years ...
More on that, maybe, upon gogu's return (in August).

Lester Mosley

Jul 26, 2005, 5:01:51 AM7/26/05

Frank Kalder wrote:
> Lester Mosley schrieb:
> > Frank Kalder wrote:
> > >
> > Nice. Enjoy your trip.
> > Watch the hurricanes... [...]
> >

> Unfortunately, I'm /only/ on a business trip.
>
> Sailing is not an option for me this year,
> but it's been for many years ...
> More on that, maybe, upon gogu's return (in August).

I see. Well when he does return be sure to have a tee time set up.

Frank Kalder

Jul 27, 2005, 2:52:58 AM7/27/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[Sailing]

> > More on that, maybe, upon gogu's return (in August).
> >

> I see. Well when he does return be sure to have a tee time set up.

Sure, of course, merely virtually.

Lester Mosley

Jul 27, 2005, 10:33:44 AM7/27/05

Frank Kalder wrote:
> Lester Mosley wrote:
> > Frank Kalder wrote:
> >

> [Sailing]
>
> > > More on that, maybe, upon gogu's return (in August).
> > >

> > I see. Well when he does return be sure to have a tee time set up.
> >

> Sure, of course, merely virtually.

Is this course near Frankfurt?

Frank Kalder

Jul 28, 2005, 5:18:54 AM7/28/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[...]

> > Meanwhile, what do you feel about or how do you like
> >
> > http://groups.google.co.uk/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/b8f54895dc4be13b
> >

> > the particular photos (...) /respectively this US Southwest

> > architecture style/ I had posted recently?

> I had to directly access the site (http://www.gordonrogers.com) and then

> look at various pictures.
> Well, the guy is good, it seems he is specialized in "monumental"
> architecture ;-)

ACK.

> His work is not post-modern IMO (except maybe the second house ;-)) but it
> is certainly much nearer to the style I prefer.
> He is inventive in shading, I also like how he integrates parts of the house
> to the scenery.
> He is heavily using glass, iron and wood.
> He is lucky to have something we miss here in Europe: the liberty to design
> BIG houses!

Thanks, gogu, for your expert comment.

I've also looked at the photos that you had mailed to me. Thus, I now
understand a bit more what you'd rather call "ridiculous"
architecture.

> I like the work of Dick McNeill, the work of the Ambrose, Swanson & Assoc.
> bureau, the work of Bennie M. Gonzales, Henrik Bull, also Roger Lee.
> Of course all of the them older architects but with a big pall-mares.

I've tried to check whether I could find something /at the web/ about
them.

So far, nothing was yet found on

- Dick McNeill,

- Ambrose, Swanson & Assoc.,

- Bennie M. Gonzales

though.

I've got, e.g., this pic on the Norwegian architect *Henrik Bull*:

http://www.artemisia.no/arc/historisk/oslo/bygninger/maskinhallen.1914.html

Regarding *Roger Lee*

http://www.ced.berkeley.edu/cedarchives/profiles/lee.htm

e.g. this photo "Channing residence, Sausalito 1952" is to be seen.

Perhaps, a little while after your sailing cruise return, gogu, you
might want to show something more on those architects' highlighted
works.

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html
Results of the G8 summit at Gleneagles (Scotland)
European Guide by Jana Mohd:

www.designer-fashion.de [Haplif Edition]

Frank Kalder

Jul 29, 2005, 4:26:16 AM7/29/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[suggested 'tee time' on sailing experience]

> > Sure, of course, ...

> Is this course near Frankfurt?

Wiesbaden is located about 40 miles west of Frankfurt city (on Main
river) and even closer to its /German largest/ airport.

Are you /as well as Marika/ living in Washington, D.C., too, and,
perhaps, also involved in urban planning or something similar (or what
else)?

The description of "aullm" is "lester the usenet legend".
Maybe, you might wish to give us a more explicit version of that?

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

Results of the G8 summit at Gleneagles (Scotland)

Lester Mosley

Jul 29, 2005, 4:58:36 AM7/29/05

> Wiesbaden is located about 40 miles west of Frankfurt city (on Main
> river) and even closer to its /German largest/ airport.

I have been to this town. Very nice. I ha lunch there just last year.
Saarbrücken isn't to far away either.

> Are you /as well as Marika/ living in Washington, D.C., too, and,
> perhaps, also involved in urban planning or something similar (or what
> else)?

Something like that.

> The description of "aullm" is "lester the usenet legend".
> Maybe, you might wish to give us a more explicit version of that?

I am very sad to report, I did not create that description. You may
have to talk to the usenet gods.

Frank Kalder

Jul 30, 2005, 2:39:11 AM7/30/05

[Wiesbaden (on Rhine river)]

I'm glad you liked it [http://english.wiesbaden.de/index.php].

> Saarbrücken isn't to far away either.

That's true.
It's directly at the border to France.
We are used to pass it when riding to Paris by car.

[Lester's involvement in urban planning or something similar ...]

> Something like that.

So, perhaps, you may like beautiful city views and architecturally
fascinating buildings (official as well as private ones), too.

> > The description of "aullm" is "lester the usenet legend".
> > Maybe, you might wish to give us a more explicit version of that?
> >

> I am very sad to report, I did not create that description. You may
> have to talk to the usenet gods.

I see.
But, anyway, what ideas or wishes did you have at initiating this
particular ng?

Lester Mosley

Jul 30, 2005, 11:52:10 AM7/30/05

> I'm glad you liked it [http://english.wiesbaden.de/index.php].

Thanks for the fine reply.

> That's true.
> It's directly at the border to France.
> We are used to pass it when riding to Paris by car.

Friend lives in Homburg.
Never drivne to Paris, only took train from Brussels after driving to
Amsterdam.

> So, perhaps, you may like beautiful city views and architecturally
> fascinating buildings (official as well as private ones), too.

They can be nice at times.. everything has its place.

> I see.
> But, anyway, what ideas or wishes did you have at initiating this
> particular ng?

Just passing through. Sort of nodding your head as you walk though and
pass people.

> CU, Frank

Frank Kalder

Jul 31, 2005, 5:45:57 AM7/31/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[Wiesbaden, Germany]

> > I'm glad you liked it [http://english.wiesbaden.de/index.php].
>
> Thanks for the fine reply.

Did you have a glance at the "Virtual Tour" there? You can stop the
flowing panorama film and, thus, enter the various buildings. One of
the Wiesbaden building highlights is the famous /Greek stylish/
*Kurhaus*. Be sure, to have a virtual look inside of it, too.

I bet, gogu (as architect) may appreciate those views, too, upon his
cruise return, soon.

[... vicinity of Saarbrücken]

> Friend lives in Homburg.

Well, this is a nice university town. Famous, there, is the
"Augenklinik":

http://www.uniklinikum-saarland.de/de/einrichtungen/kliniken_institute/augenklinik

> Never drivne to Paris, only took train from Brussels after driving to
> Amsterdam.

Fortunately, you discovered some of the most interesting places in
'good old Europe'. Did you see even more regions and cities at your
former European travelling?

> > [fascinating buildings (official as well as private ones)]
>
> They can be nice at times... everything has its place.

That appears to be a wise statement...

> > I see.
> > But, anyway, what ideas or wishes did you have at initiating this
> > particular ng?
> >

> Just passing through. Sort of nodding your head as you walk through and
> pass people.

OK, that explains it.

Welcome aboard (i.e. on this thread)!

Frank Kalder

Aug 1, 2005, 4:28:24 AM8/1/05
Lester Mosley schrieb:

> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > [Wiesbaden, Germany]
>
> AH yes... I will check it out. Thanks again.

I show you the fabulous /Greek stylish/ Kurhaus of Wiesbaden right
here: http://www.info-wiesbaden.de/stadt_land/Kurhaus
Just wait a moment for the night picture jumping to the daytime view.
Thus, you'll know how that building looks like.

Then click (directly here) at

http://english.wiesbaden.de/index.php

and click (on the right side) on "Virtual Tour...".

As soon as the Kurhaus appears on the panorama film (that runs
continuously roundabout), then click on this said building.

Afterwards you may click (right there) on the so-called "hotspot"
and you are inside the splendid Kurhaus Foyer. You may then further
click on the other many hotspots to get into the various
/architecturally and decoratively very fascinating/ rooms.

-----

"User Tips: Click on a panorama with the left mousebutton and keep it
pressed. As soon as you move the mouse, your view will pan into that
direction. Several panorama pictures are connected with
'hotspots'."

-----

Please, Lester, just give it a try right now! It's very easy to
handle it. I bet you'll be fascinated by ...(?)...

> > [Homburg (near Saarbrücken)]

> > Well, this is a nice university town. Famous, there, is the

> > "Augenklinik": [...]

> I recall visitng a university that was an Ex-Army base. I was told by
> my friend it was the HQ for the 1st Gulf War. Not sure if that is
> correct...

The University of Saarland was founded in 1947

http://www.homburg.de/content/pages/1064.htm

and it was decided in 1949 that the Medical Faculty remains in Homburg.

There are, of course, many buildings (clinics, etc) on that campus.
Maybe that the one or another had its former use as your friend (is he
a German or U.S. citizen?) told you. (But, I won't know more on that
issue.)

> but then he started to get into conspiracy about tunnels
> running under Germany from this point as well. More like the rumors we
> have hear of tunnels running from the pentagon to Norad to white sands,
> etc.. and that they only take 15 mins to travel....! - but now we are
> off topic.

Gee ... I won't give a damn on those rumours.
I'm used to counting on hard facts, though.

> I managed to get to Italy, Forli and Ravenna.

Very nice place (Ravenna) at the Adriatic coast ...
http://www.turismo.ra.it/contenuti/index.php?t=eventi&id=482

> Took a Train from Forli to Rome.

Rome is really great.

http://www.citrag.it/roma/doc/monum/emn_0007.htm

http://www.citrag.it/roma/doc/monum/emn_0007.htm

http://www.roma-online.de/diashow/petersplatz-7.html

Both of us, GOGU and I, have very fascinating experiences from multiple
extended stays in that "Eternal City".

Btw, I had studied in Germany, in France (Sorbonne, Paris) and in the
USA. I've been travelling a lot (partly business and partly private
trips) on the European and North American continents (visit from Texas
to Mexico /by car/ included).

> I've seen other parts of Netherlands, and a good part of
> Saarland and Rhineland.

Well, Lester, that's been a real outstanding first impression of
"Good Old Europe".

Lester Mosley

Aug 1, 2005, 5:55:24 AM8/1/05

Frank Kalder wrote:
> Lester Mosley schrieb:
> > Frank Kalder wrote:
> >

> > > [Wiesbaden, Germany]
> >
> > AH yes... I will check it out. Thanks again.
> >

> I show you the fabulous /Greek stylish/ Kurhaus of Wiesbaden right
> here: http://www.info-wiesbaden.de/stadt_land/Kurhaus
> Just wait a moment for the night picture jumping to the daytime view.
> Thus, you'll know how that building looks like.

Very Nice.. I do remember that building...even though I only spent the
day there.. (My friends Girlfirend had to take him to the hospital
there after he was bit by a spider the other night after hiking. It got
badly infected.

it was decided in 1949 that the Medical Faculty remains in Homburg.

> There are, of course, many buildings (clinics, etc) on that campus.
> Maybe that the one or another had its former use as your friend (is he
> a German or U.S. citizen?) told you. (But, I won't know more on that
> issue.)

He is German.. but this is an Ex-US military base the campus is on. I
do not recall the name.. but the streets are like "Virginia strasse"
and other states...

I have searched but unable to figure out the name of the base. I know
it is near Saarland state.. maynot be IN Saarland though, but a short
15-20 min ride if that.

> Very nice place (Ravenna) at the Adriatic coast ...
> http://www.turismo.ra.it/contenuti/index.php?t=eventi&id=482

ys.. I recall walkign along the beach and coming upon an Italian
Military Base. At least I think it was Italian.. It wasn't American.

> Btw, I had studied in Germany, in France (Sorbonne, Paris) and in the
> USA. I've been travelling a lot (partly business and partly private
> trips) on the European and North American continents (visit from Texas
> to Mexico /by car/ included).

Very Nice.

> Well, Lester, that's been a real outstanding first impression of
> "Good Old Europe".

Well I could talk a lot more.. But I really prefer 'off the beaten
track' comared to say seeing "berlin.. Munich" which I have yet to see.
I did see Trier in Germany..

Maastritch was a very nice small town in the German/NL borders.

Akersloot up on the northern NL coast is nice as well.

Frank Kalder

Aug 2, 2005, 3:00:31 AM8/2/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[Kurhaus of Wiesbaden, Germany]

> Very Nice... I do remember that building... even though I only spent the
> day there.. (My friends Girlfriend had to take him to the hospital

> there after he was bit by a spider the other night after hiking. It got

> badly infected.)

But, nonetheless, you've enjoyed your stay ... Did you, meanwhile,
virtually get into its splendid rooms (according to my navigating
hint)?

> [Medical Faculty, Saarland University, Homburg]
>
> ... but this is an Ex-US military base the campus is on. [...]
>

> I have searched but unable to figure out the name of the base. I know
> it is near Saarland state.. maynot be IN Saarland though, but a short
> 15-20 min ride if that.

You mean probably the US military bases in Rheinland-Pfalz

http://www.bauindustrie-rlp.de/lbi_presse_det-PRE562005.html

i.e. Baumholder, Spangdahlem, Ramstein, Kaiserslautern and Landstuhl.

> > Very nice place (Ravenna) at the Adriatic coast ...
> > http://www.turismo.ra.it/contenuti/index.php?t=eventi&id=482
>

> ys.. I recall walking along the beach and coming upon an Italian

> Military Base. At least I think it was Italian.. It wasn't American.

Are or were you, as profession is concerned, a soldier - because of
your interest particularly in military bases?

[Trip from Texas to Mexico by car]

> Very Nice.

Together with a friend we drove from Fort Worth via San Antonio to
Mexico City (staying a couple of days there for sightseeing and
enjoying its fabulous night life). One day we spent seeing the
pyramides of Teotichuacan. Then, we continued the travel via
Cuernavaca and Taxco down to Acapulco (for relaxing a few days at the
beaches).

> > Well, Lester, that's been a real outstanding first impression of
> > "Good Old Europe".
> >

> Well I could talk a lot more.. .But I really prefer 'off the beaten
> track' compared to say seeing "Berlin.. Munich" which I have yet to see.

That's great to see and enjoy Berlin & Munich and, of course, all the
beautiful off-places all around and in between.

I suggest you, for the next time, to travel /additionally/ a few days
within the Alps (France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria ...

http://www.wanderhotels.com/index_en.php

> I did see Trier in Germany...

Thus, you may remember the famous city gate Porta Nigra (Roman
architecture)

http://goeurope.about.com/od/triergermany/ss/roman_trier_4.htm

> Maastricht was a very nice small town in the German/NL borders.

Oh yes! You may know or read something

http://www1.minn.net/~nup/3jul97.htm

as regards the Maastricht Agreement of 1992 ...

> Akersloot up on the northern NL coast is nice as well.

Well, I bet, the Dutch country sides are very neat and pleasant.

Besides Amsterdam I do know Callantsoog (same region as Akersloot; - a
bit more northern, though) with its beautiful beaches.

It's pretty similar to "the Hamptons" (Long Island) where I spent
many weekends each summer during my management assignment in Manhattan.
Or, furthermore, Cape May (New Jersey) or Cape Cod (Massachusetts) is
about comparable as far as the Atlantic beaches and their surrounding
landscapes are concerned.

Lester Mosley

Aug 2, 2005, 5:38:20 AM8/2/05

> But, nonetheless, you've enjoyed your stay ... Did you, meanwhile,
> virtually get into its splendid rooms (according to my navigating
> hint)?

Yes thank you!

> You mean probably the US military bases in Rheinland-Pfalz
>
> http://www.bauindustrie-rlp.de/lbi_presse_det-PRE562005.html
>
> i.e. Baumholder, Spangdahlem, Ramstein, Kaiserslautern and Landstuhl.

I am famillar with those bases.. only been on the road that lead to
Ramstien and Landstuhl, and was in K-town as well.

But this was a closed base and turned over to Germany. Had been for
quite a few years before being converted to a University. I just know
it was in use in 1991 for the gulf war effort.., and in 2002 it was a
university.

> Are or were you, as profession is concerned, a soldier - because of
> your interest particularly in military bases?

No never have been. no intrest in the bases.. My friend went to school
at the above said closed base. Only reason... I just in travels been
near the other bases.

> Together with a friend we drove from Fort Worth via San Antonio to
> Mexico City (staying a couple of days there for sightseeing and
> enjoying its fabulous night life). One day we spent seeing the
> pyramides of Teotichuacan. Then, we continued the travel via
> Cuernavaca and Taxco down to Acapulco (for relaxing a few days at the
> beaches).

That is one heck of a drive. Did you have a rental? I know many rental
agenices will not let you take the car out of the country due to
insurance issues and possible theft or violence in some areas of
Mexico.

> That's great to see and enjoy Berlin & Munich and, of course, all the
> beautiful off-places all around and in between.

Perhaps next trip. I think that will be in 2007 or 2008.

> I suggest you, for the next time, to travel /additionally/ a few days
> within the Alps (France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria ...

I did see the Alps form the airplane. I did happen to snap a picture of
them. But, Plane windows are not always kept clean for optimal picture
taking.

> Thus, you may remember the famous city gate Porta Nigra (Roman
> architecture)

Yes, do have a few pictures of that.

> as regards the Maastricht Agreement of 1992 ...

Yes, If I am correct the EU was formed there?

> Well, I bet, the Dutch country sides are very neat and pleasant.
>
> Besides Amsterdam I do know Callantsoog (same region as Akersloot; - a
> bit more northern, though) with its beautiful beaches.
>
> It's pretty similar to "the Hamptons" (Long Island) where I spent
> many weekends each summer during my management assignment in Manhattan.
> Or, furthermore, Cape May (New Jersey) or Cape Cod (Massachusetts) is
> about comparable as far as the Atlantic beaches and their surrounding
> landscapes are concerned.

I was there in May and it was quite cold, and windy so it wasnt that
pleasnt. I have never been to Cape May in NJ, but did make it to
Atlantic City beaches just a few weeks ago. I ahve eben to numerous
beaches up and down the east coast, as I happen to live here in
Virginia.

Frank Kalder

Aug 3, 2005, 5:56:26 AM8/3/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> ... and in 2002 it was a university.

OK, I've got your particular involvement in that specific region.
I passed through Homburg only one time when visiting someone in the
nearby countryside. But my father-in-law (a pharmacist) had /ones/ a
rather difficult eye's treatment at that /in Germany/ most
recommended "Augenklinik" of Homburg (Saarland University).

> > Are or were you, as profession is concerned, a soldier - because of
> > your interest particularly in military bases?
>
> No never have been. no intrest in the bases.. My friend went to school
> at the above said closed base. Only reason... I just in travels been
> near the other bases.

I see.
Even before I left for the many years' stay in the USA, I've been
an Officer at a General's Staff (Kiel, Munich...) of the German
Territorial Defence Command (within the NATO). Reserve duties, etc...

> > Together with a friend we drove from Fort Worth via San Antonio to
> > Mexico City (staying a couple of days there for sightseeing and
> > enjoying its fabulous night life). One day we spent seeing the
> > pyramides of Teotichuacan. Then, we continued the travel via
> > Cuernavaca and Taxco down to Acapulco (for relaxing a few days at the
> > beaches).
>

> That is one heck of a drive. Did you have a rental?

No. I had bought a black Firebird (Pontiac) in Fort Worth and I had to
get a Texas Drivers License for insurance purposes (examination &
practical driving test at the local police office).

But we, my friend and I, decided to use his brand new red VW that he
had shipped from Germany to New York for the Mexico trip. With that car
we drove /at first/ from Manhattan via Nashville to Little Rock
(Arkansas) (our first so-called "home stay") to the Dallas and Fort
Worth area (Texas).

With the Firebird we, another friend though and I, made a trip from
Fort Worth to New Orleans (meeting a girlfriend), then going West to
Houston (Texas) (another "home stay"), to the Grand Canyon &
Petrified Forest area, to Las Vegas, to Los Angeles (another "home
stay"), and via Nr. 1 (Big Sur, etc) to San Mateo (last "home
stay").

While my friend then parted by bus to Chicago, I had decided to live in
San Francisco.

Later-on, I had picked up 2 students (girl & boy) at Berkeley, and we
moved back to the East Coast: Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Salt Lake City,
Rocky Mountains, Denver, Chicago (seeing my friend there), Wilmington,
Washington, D.C. ... and finally arriving in Manhattan (again). ...

> I know many rental agencies will not

> let you take the car out of the country due to
> insurance issues and possible theft or violence in some areas of
> Mexico.

ACK.

> > That's great to see and enjoy Berlin & Munich and, of course, all the
> > beautiful off-places all around and in between.
>
> Perhaps next trip. I think that will be in 2007 or 2008.

Fantastic!

> > I suggest you, for the next time, to travel /additionally/ a few days
> > within the Alps (France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria ...
>
> I did see the Alps form the airplane. I did happen to snap a picture of
> them. But, Plane windows are not always kept clean for optimal picture
> taking.

Well, seeing the European Alps from an over-flying view and travelling
within them makes a great difference. Do you like beautiful and
pittoresque mountain regions /generally speaking/?

[Porta Nigra (Roman architecture) in Trier, Germany]

> Yes, do have a few pictures of that.

Nice!

> > ... as regards the Maastricht Agreement of 1992 ...
>
> Yes, if I am correct the EU was formed there?

You may say so.

European integration though

http://europa.eu.int/abc/treaties_en.htm

is based on four founding treaties.

> I was there in May and it was quite cold and windy, so it wasn't that
> pleasant.

ACK.

I have never been to Cape May in NJ, but did make it to

> Atlantic City beaches just a few weeks ago. I have even to numerous

> beaches up and down the east coast, as I happen to live here in
> Virginia.

Well, that's true.
In what city do you live?

Lester Mosley

Aug 3, 2005, 7:01:23 AM8/3/05

> OK, I've got your particular involvement in that specific region.
> I passed through Homburg only one time when visiting someone in the
> nearby countryside. But my father-in-law (a pharmacist) had /ones/ a
> rather difficult eye's treatment at that /in Germany/ most
> recommended "Augenklinik" of Homburg (Saarland University).

Yes. Just a visitor. I recall waking up to the sirens going to that
hospital the times I were there. (which in over all total is about 9
weeks)

> I see.
> Even before I left for the many years' stay in the USA, I've been
> an Officer at a General's Staff (Kiel, Munich...) of the German
> Territorial Defence Command (within the NATO). Reserve duties, etc...

I tried to join our military, but was turned down for not having the
required vision, although it is 20/20 corrected.

> No. I had bought a black Firebird (Pontiac) in Fort Worth and I had to
> get a Texas Drivers License for insurance purposes (examination &
> practical driving test at the local police office).

Ah a Firebird.. Very nice cars.

> But we, my friend and I, decided to use his brand new red VW that he
> had shipped from Germany to New York for the Mexico trip. With that car
> we drove /at first/ from Manhattan via Nashville to Little Rock
> (Arkansas) (our first so-called "home stay") to the Dallas and Fort
> Worth area (Texas).

NYC to Nashville is a good long drive, very senic once out of the
cities.

> With the Firebird we, another friend though and I, made a trip from
> Fort Worth to New Orleans (meeting a girlfriend), then going West to
> Houston (Texas) (another "home stay"), to the Grand Canyon &
> Petrified Forest area, to Las Vegas, to Los Angeles (another "home
> stay"), and via Nr. 1 (Big Sur, etc) to San Mateo (last "home
> stay").
>
> While my friend then parted by bus to Chicago, I had decided to live in
> San Francisco.
>
> Later-on, I had picked up 2 students (girl & boy) at Berkeley, and we
> moved back to the East Coast: Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Salt Lake City,
> Rocky Mountains, Denver, Chicago (seeing my friend there), Wilmington,
> Washington, D.C. ... and finally arriving in Manhattan (again). ...

Yet another nice drive.

> Well, seeing the European Alps from an over-flying view and travelling
> within them makes a great difference. Do you like beautiful and
> pittoresque mountain regions /generally speaking/?

I live in a pittoresque mountain region.. so yes :)

> Well, that's true.
> In what city do you live?

Roanoke.

Frank Kalder

Aug 4, 2005, 3:38:53 AM8/4/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[Homburg, Saarland (Germany)]

> Yes. Just a visitor. I recall waking up to the sirens going to that
> hospital the times I were there. (which in over all total is about 9
> weeks)

So you really had enough time to discover the countryside around and
adjacent cities.

Btw, one of the houses of my parents-in-law was in Sippersfeld, located
within beautiful hillsides (forests and fields) (about 50 miles south
of the Rhine-Main area where we live). Some years ago, we spent many
weekends there. For shopping and dining we (i.e. the family) went
frequently to nearby Kaiserslautern (which you know, too).

> NYC to Nashville is a good long drive, very scenic once out of the
> cities.

Unfortunately, we missed most of these scenic views since we had to
drive through the winter night in January (arriving in Nashville after
midnight).

The following evening, we were welcomed by a lawyer's family in
Little Rock (Arkansas) who had given a party for us. The next day,
their charming student daughter showed us the city and we met one of
the real Rockefellers in his office and had, later-on, a power boat's
ride on the local lake.

[Car trips from coast to coast - forth and back]

> > With the Firebird we ... made a trip ...

> Yet another nice drive.

It's been one of the most way-out fascinating experiences in my live
:-)

> > Do you like beautiful and pittoresque mountain regions /generally speaking/?
>
> I live in a pittoresque mountain region.. so yes :)

Well, I'm glad you do.

I am a mountain climber (rock and ice tours) and a skier.

I had even great skiing experiences (e.g. as an instructor at an
Austrian Ski School located in Manhattan). We went usually Friday
evenings (right after the job) /by bus/ to Killington, Vermont, and
some other places or to the Catskills (New York State). I had to give
lessons on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 12 a.m.. The rest of the time
was for own purposes, i.e. plenty of skiing /at no cost/. And we had
nice parties, organised by that Austrian Club. Girls, girls, girls...
(like in paradise).

With one of those ladies (an account manager of a Manhattan advertising
agency at Fifth Avenue) I've got closer. I went then, later-on, only
with her /by car/ to those skiing areas and in addition to Great Gorge
(New Jersey) - usually for day and night skiing close to and dining
at the /former/ Playboy Club Hotel (that's been sold meanwhile).

> Roanoke.

http://adserver1.harvestadsdepot.com/roanoketimes/ss/033123

That appears to be a very nice area and city.
I guess that the nearby 'Smith Maountain Lake' area would be
something like smashing. Isn't it?

Lester, you may have, for comparison, a few vies of some European
Alps' regions (here e.g. in France and Switzerland):

http://www.webcam-montblanc.com/webcam/

http://www.zermatt.ch/graphics/1024x768/2005-06-19_07-23-07.jpg

http://www.mountainart.co.uk/pages/paintings.html

Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Aug 4, 2005, 11:43:16 AM8/4/05

No wonder you get on so well with our Koku Mitty

You both know billionaires and lead movie-star lifestyles !!!!

I'm suprised that you both seem to spend such an exciting life talking
such shit on usenet

*LOLOLOL*

PWN3D !

Leo Stryker

Aug 4, 2005, 1:28:23 PM8/4/05
Hey Walter seANUS Mitty this little poem is for you
ask Vasif to tranlate it for you,in the mean time suck
on a Greek cucumber,the same way you suck cock!!!!!
Thimasai pou' mouna papas,
ki' esy 'soun neokoros
kai otan eblepes psolh
ginosoun AIMOBOROS!?

Panta Rhei

Aug 4, 2005, 2:54:08 PM8/4/05
Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty writes:

But you, sick Weenie Beanie, keep eagerly digesting every single word of
what people tell about their lives. Very important for a psychopath like
you who has no life AT ALL outside Usenet! Yeah, loser, try to participate
on Usenet somehow in other people's lives, if only with some dumb comment,
sicko! LOL!

Frank Kalder

Aug 5, 2005, 2:14:49 AM8/5/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > Enjoy your fascinating sailing cruise vacation!
> > :-)
>
> Thanks Frank, we will embark in about 5 hours ;-)

Hi Gogu,

did you return safely?

How was it?

Where (between or around what islands) did you sail; etc?

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

European Guide by Jana Mohd:
www.designer-fashion.de [Haplif Edition]

GAYson Lame-Brew Aged 98 and 1/2

Aug 5, 2005, 6:38:01 AM8/5/05

He went overboard his daddies luxury superyacht off the coast of Izmir
and did a Maxwell

You see, like Maxwell he was on the payroll of communist dictators like
Ceaucescu

Like Maxwell he had robbed the Michaniki S.A pension fund

Like Maxwell, Gogu was secretly Jewish yet outwardly displayed RABID
ANTI-SEMITISM

Like Maxwell ( real name Jan Eric Hoch ) he ashamedly denied his true
nationality and changed his name in order to desperately convince
people of his WANNABE nationality

Sad !

*LMFAO*

Then KOKU woke up

Mewaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaaaaarrrrrrr

Leo Stryker

Aug 5, 2005, 7:22:41 AM8/5/05

Panta Rhei

Aug 5, 2005, 9:59:35 AM8/5/05

Folks, check, above, Beanie Tinfoil's delirious, deteriorated Turkish mind
on August 5th, 2005! LMAO!

Did I mention that he is a Turk? 70 million of those would like to be in
the EU! Hahahhahahahahaaa.......

--
Living the life of a ridiculed, bitchslapped loony on usenet helps Beanie

Tinfoil (right now: "GAYson" <BG>) forget the failures in his life.

Frank Kalder

Aug 6, 2005, 2:22:57 AM8/6/05
Frank Kalder schrieb:
> Lester Mosley wrote:

_Correction & supplement_

[Corr.]

> I guess that the nearby 'Smith Mountain Lake' area would be

> something like smashing. Isn't it?

[...]
> Lester, you may have, for comparison, a few views of some European

> Alps' regions (here e.g. in France and Switzerland):
>

> [3 links snipped]

Hi Lester,

while I'm used to go there by car, you can reach the following most
beautiful Swiss region (in summer or winter) by train, too.

Perhaps starting from Zurich (Switzerland) to the Engadin region (St.
Moritz and then Pontresina):

http://www.engadin.ch/007stm_010000_en.htm

http://www.pontresina.com/011stm_00_de.htm

There is e.g. the 'Bernina Glacier-Pass' - pleasure-trip with the
Rhaetian Railway:

http://www.pontresina.com/011stm_020106_en.htm

Mountain Transport Systems:

http://www.pontresina.com/011stm_010005_en.htm

Winter map:

http://www.pontresina.com/static_pgs/en/bergkartewi/img/wimap_04.gif

Summer map:

http://www.pontresina.com/static_pgs/en/bergkarte/img/somap_04.gif

You can go by rail right directly to the Morteratsch glacier (South of
Pontresina) and see the splendid /white/ 'Piz Bernina' - one of
the most beautiful mountain views in the European Alps.

http://www.diavolezza.ch/022stm_030405_en.htm

How do you like this?
Do you think you might be travelling, in the future, to those places?

Frank Kalder

Aug 7, 2005, 3:24:52 AM8/7/05
Frank Kalder wrote:
> > Lester Mosley wrote:

Hi Lester,

finally, I've found one of the better views of Piz Bernina

http://www.pontresina.com/download/kvp_Flyer_Gletscherpass.pdf

with a part of the Morteratsch glacier.

Or maybe, have a look at these Diavolezza panorama views, for a few
moments,

http://www.diavolezza.ch/022stm_00_en.htm

showing Piz Bernina, Piz Palü and the Morteratsch glacier.

GAYson Lame-Brew Aged 98 and 1/2

Aug 7, 2005, 6:49:18 PM8/7/05

Do you miss the bleating Romanian who drowned ?

What a waste of TWP PhD's ( BOTH in architecture ) 'ey ?

Arkadios

Aug 7, 2005, 10:55:22 PM8/7/05
GAYson Lame-Brew Aged 98 and 1/2 wrote:

> Do you miss the bleating Romanian who drowned ?
>
> What a waste of TWP PhD's ( BOTH in architecture ) 'ey ?

Hey GAYson are you proud of being a GAY Terkk????????

Lester Mosley

Aug 8, 2005, 5:30:52 AM8/8/05

> So you really had enough time to discover the countryside around and
> adjacent cities.

While driving through.. yes.. I took many pictures from the car doing
110KPH or so. Took a little getting used to. But I can hold a camera
out the window and snap and get something good!

> Btw, one of the houses of my parents-in-law was in Sippersfeld, located
> within beautiful hillsides (forests and fields) (about 50 miles south
> of the Rhine-Main area where we live). Some years ago, we spent many
> weekends there. For shopping and dining we (i.e. the family) went
> frequently to nearby Kaiserslautern (which you know, too).

I was there only for a short time. I do not recall much of the town,
except for the american feel. The Big Burger King and Mcdonalds.

> Unfortunately, we missed most of these scenic views since we had to
> drive through the winter night in January (arriving in Nashville after
> midnight).

Ah sad.. You missed a good chunk of the mountains then.. Very nice in
the Fall. I sugget driving it in the Fall next time you are here.

> The following evening, we were welcomed by a lawyer's family in
> Little Rock (Arkansas) who had given a party for us. The next day,
> their charming student daughter showed us the city and we met one of
> the real Rockefellers in his office and had, later-on, a power boat's
> ride on the local lake.

Very nice.. I recall seeign two nice lakes Bitche in France (near a
rather nice Fort as well) and Jagers(something forgot the rest) near
Homburg.. I recall seeign a nice Old castle in ruins as well there.

> It's been one of the most way-out fascinating experiences in my live
> :-)

Yes same for me in my travels in Germany.. I am actually looking at
Iceland for a short trip. Rahter cheap to get there with hotel from DC.
(around 500$ for a 4 night 5 day trip.

> I am a mountain climber (rock and ice tours) and a skier.

Nice.. You would like West Virginia and Virginia then..

> I had even great skiing experiences (e.g. as an instructor at an
> Austrian Ski School located in Manhattan). We went usually Friday
> evenings (right after the job) /by bus/ to Killington, Vermont, and
> some other places or to the Catskills (New York State). I had to give
> lessons on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 12 a.m.. The rest of the time
> was for own purposes, i.e. plenty of skiing /at no cost/. And we had
> nice parties, organised by that Austrian Club. Girls, girls, girls...
> (like in paradise).

AH that sounds very nice. I enjoyed a few parties in Germany too with a
few girls. Being near the French Border they were French.... and also a
few nights at the Club Y near Homburg. I still recall the Desperados
beer.. Which I can not even find in the US and Mixery.. A stranger Beer
+ Cola that takes getting used to but I enjoyed the taste.

> With one of those ladies (an account manager of a Manhattan advertising
> agency at Fifth Avenue) I've got closer. I went then, later-on, only
> with her /by car/ to those skiing areas and in addition to Great Gorge
> (New Jersey) - usually for day and night skiing close to and dining
> at the /former/ Playboy Club Hotel (that's been sold meanwhile).

yes they closed the one in Atlantic City as well.

A much better site is http://www.roanokeva.gov for the city area.
http://www.roanokecountyva.gov/ for the county

> That appears to be a very nice area and city.
> I guess that the nearby 'Smith Maountain Lake' area would be
> something like smashing. Isn't it?

and for Smith Mountain Lake : http://www.visitsmithmountainlake.com/
It is a very nice lake, "built" just in the last 50 years when the
Power Comapny damed the river.. It is very well stocked with fish
(which does not need sotcking anymore..)

> Lester, you may have, for comparison, a few vies of some European
> Alps' regions (here e.g. in France and Switzerland):
>
> http://www.webcam-montblanc.com/webcam/
>
> http://www.zermatt.ch/graphics/1024x768/2005-06-19_07-23-07.jpg
>
> http://www.mountainart.co.uk/pages/paintings.html

Thanks again!

GAYson Lame-Brew Aged 98 and 1/2

Aug 8, 2005, 7:31:58 AM8/8/05

So you hate grikpoufters too then ?

*G*

Frank Kalder

Aug 9, 2005, 10:46:18 AM8/9/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[Homburg (Germany)]

> > So you really had enough time to discover the countryside around and
> > adjacent cities.
>
> While driving through.. yes.. I took many pictures from the car doing
> 110KPH or so. Took a little getting used to.

You mean getting used to the rapidity on German highways (more than
frequently 160 km/h or 100 mph). Having returned from the USA, I've
got used to the max. 70 mph, and I rarely drive faster than 80 mph.

> But I can hold a camera
> out the window and snap and get something good!

That's the best - for all-time remembering it...

> > ... nearby Kaiserslautern (which you know, too).

> I was there only for a short time. I do not recall much of the town,

> except for the American feel. The Big Burger King and McDonalds.

I see.
Driving across the USA /forth and back from coast to coast/ I enjoyed
that American feel along the highways, too; - just getting a Burger
fast food in neat restaurants served by charming and good looking gals.
However, some of the off-chain Burgers, prepared by individual cooks,
sometimes were spicier and tasted better.

In Germany now, I enjoy - once and a while - eating a McRib along with
a chef-salad...

[Countryside around Nashville]

> Ah sad.. You missed a good chunk of the mountains then.. Very nice in

> the Fall. I suggest driving it in the Fall next time you are here.

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

> > Little Rock (Arkansas)... local lake.
>
> Very nice.. I recall seeing two nice lakes: Bitche in France (near a
> rather nice Fort as well) and Jagers (something forgot the rest) near
> Homburg.. I recall seeing a nice old castle in ruins as well there.

These places you mentioned I didn't know, so far.

There are particularly a lot of castles and ruins in the Rhine area
between Wiesbaden and Cologne and, of course, elsewhere in Germany and
all-over the whole European continent and Great Britain.

[US stay for several years and plenty of travelling]

> > It's been one of the most way-out fascinating experiences in my live
> > :-)
>
> Yes same for me in my travels in Germany..

I'm glad you like it here, too..

> I am actually looking at

> Iceland for a short trip. Rather cheap to get there with hotel from DC.

> (around 500$ for a 4 night 5 day trip.

Yeah, it must be very exciting there. I've seen a lot of pics and
films on that. At my first flight to the USA though, I had a stop-over
at Reykjavik in the middle of the night. So, unfortunately, I didn't
see anything of that beautiful island state.

> > I am a mountain climber (rock and ice tours) and a skier.
>
> Nice.. You would like West Virginia and Virginia then..

Yeah, I'd think so.
What heights do the mountains have there?

Occasionally, we eat 'smoked Virginia farmer bacon' (specially done
with honey) that we get in the German supermarkets. Its taste is
exquisite.

[Parties in Vermont and New York ...]

> AH, that sounds very nice. I enjoyed a few parties in Germany too with a

> few girls. Being near the French Border they were French....

Oh yeah, I know what you mean :-)

> and also a
> few nights at the Club Y near Homburg. I still recall the Desperados
> beer.. Which I can not even find in the US and Mixery.. A stranger Beer
> + Cola that takes getting used to but I enjoyed the taste.

I prefer the German 'white beer' (Kristall Weizenbier). Yesterday
evening, I had, for the first time, a Murphy's Red at an Irish Pub in
Wiesbaden. Good taste, too.

They offer also an Irish Stout. What kind of a beer or drink is that?

[Great Gorge (New Jersey)]

> > ... the /former/ Playboy Club Hotel (that's been sold meanwhile).
>

> Yes, they closed the one in Atlantic City as well.

> > > Roanoke.
> > http://adserver1.harvestadsdepot.com/roanoketimes/ss/033123
>
> A much better site is http://www.roanokeva.gov for the city area.

> http://www.roanokecountyva.gov/ for the county.

Yes, very nice and interesting. I like that street with the tulip
trees. I've looked at the Photo Tour and all the other nice pics.
I'm impressed by the fact that Roanoke is a five-time All-American
City and one of the US most livable cities that offers stunning natural
beauty and exceptional amenities.

> > That appears to be a very nice area and city.

> > I guess that the nearby 'Smith Mountain Lake' area would be

> > something like smashing. Isn't it?
>
> and for Smith Mountain Lake: http://www.visitsmithmountainlake.com/
> It is a very nice lake, "built" just in the last 50 years when the

> Power Company damed the river.. It is very well stocked with fish
> (which does not need stocking anymore..)

That looks and sounds great..

> > Lester, you may have, for comparison, a few vies of some European
> > Alps' regions (here e.g. in France and Switzerland):
> >

> > [3 links Mont Blanc, Zermatt, Bernina]
>
> Thanks again!

Did you see the other postings of how to get from Zurich to the Engadin
area (St. Moritz, Pontresina, Morteratsch Glacier, Diavolezza)

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/da881f8433917af4

with the views

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/1a0faf813e458c59

of Piz Bernina and Piz Palü?

These are one of my most favoured climbing and skiing areas...

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

European Guide by Jana Mohd:
www.designer-fashion.de [Haplif Edition]

Seanie The Grikslapper

Aug 9, 2005, 8:18:51 PM8/9/05

Koku is home Frank !

Frank Kalder

Aug 10, 2005, 2:00:55 AM8/10/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > Enjoy your fascinating sailing cruise vacation!
> > :-)
>
> Thanks Frank, we will embark in about 5 hours ;-)

Hi Gogu,

welcome back!

How was your sailing trip and where (between or around what islands)
did you (and your crew) cruise?

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

Results of the G8 summit at Gleneagles (Scotland)

GAYson Lame-Brew Aged 98 and 1/2

Aug 10, 2005, 1:24:16 PM8/10/05

He went *CRUISING* alright

But George Michael was nowhere to be found

He ended up robbing a wealthy tourist to buy himself one of these

http://www.adonisent.com/graphics_pages/dlt136.html

gogu

Aug 10, 2005, 7:34:07 PM8/10/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu wrote:
>> Frank Kalder wrote:
>>

>> > Enjoy your fascinating sailing cruise vacation!
>> > :-)
>>
>> Thanks Frank, we will embark in about 5 hours ;-)
>>

> Hi Gogu,
>
> welcome back!

Hello Frank, thank you !

> How was your sailing trip and where (between or around what islands)
> did you (and your crew) cruise?

Well, as I said we were in Eastern/Southern Aegean and we also spent 4 days
in
Turkey.
Nice people, nice food, not NAZI Turks like Seanie & Co we all know
here...
In Crete we were lucky to meet by chance with an opera singer I adore, but I
can't give more details ;-)
I wouldn't like to give more details on-line because as soon as someone says
something the well known NAZI Turkish TROLLS jump in to distort and flame
and later use it against him in a Goebbels style...
It was a nice trip, we were 6 persons (two of us with skipper license), we
had favorable wind most of the times but I am not ashamed to admit that some
times we did use of the boat's engine, too ;-)
From now on just small 3-4 days "escapes" ;-)

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Coins, travels and more: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Pants Awry

Aug 11, 2005, 1:57:22 AM8/11/05

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Suuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrre

PWNT !

Frank Kalder

Aug 11, 2005, 5:13:03 AM8/11/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[... sailing experiences]

> Well, as I said we were in Eastern/Southern Aegean and we also spent 4 days
> in
> Turkey.

> Nice people, nice food ...

Hello Gogu,

that's a very nice cruise, indeed.

I've seen many /Turk vacation/ offers and relevant travel TV-reports.
I admit that it is a beautiful country for short holiday trips and that
people would be very nice there. The Turk food, as I know it from
restaurants here, tastes well, too. The Turks I've met in their shops
(e.g. in their Wiesbaden community) are very pleasant people.

> ... use it against him in a Goebbel's style...

Oh, you even know that /intellectually "acting"/ monster ...

> It was a nice trip, we were 6 persons (two of us with skipper license), we
> had favorable wind most of the times but I am not ashamed to admit that some
> times we did use of the boat's engine, too ;-)

That sounds very exciting.

I hold all sailing and motorboat licenses. Even a university
certificate (Zeugnis)

http://groups.google.de/group/de.sci.philosophie/msg/56f32eefdb0d6d31

by the "Hochschule Bremerhaven".

My largest cruise (in the Thyrrenian Sea) was about 800sm (8 people
crew) on a (2 masts) ketch from the Côte d'Azur (Juan-les-Pins,
close to Cannes) to Corsica, down south at its west coast to Sardinia
(anchoring in Olbia and Porto Cervo), up north at Corsica's east
coast, in a heavy storm getting close to Elba, then northwest to Monte
Carlo (Monaco), St. Tropez and finally back to Juan-les-Pins.

Otherwise, I'm used to sail a lot with a smaller boat (alone or with
1-2 friends) in the Sardinian area (around our family's house)
between the Costa Romantica [Golfo Aranci & Tavolara (island)] and the
Costa Smeralda.

> From now on just small 3-4 days "escapes" ;-)

Happy "escapes"!

gogu

Aug 11, 2005, 7:32:29 AM8/11/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????
gogu wrote:

> Well, as I said we were in Eastern/Southern Aegean and we also spent 4
> days
> in
> Turkey.
> Nice people, nice food ...
>

>Hello Gogu,

>that's a very nice cruise, indeed.

>I've seen many /Turk vacation/ offers and relevant travel TV-reports.
>I admit that it is a beautiful country for short holiday trips and that
>people would be very nice there. The Turk food, as I know it from
>restaurants here, tastes well, too. The Turks I've met in their shops
>(e.g. in their Wiesbaden community) are very pleasant people.

Agreed.
To tell you the truth, I have always felt very well in Turkey, unlike some
times in Greece...
Especially in restaurants ;-)
Turkish food is quite similar to the Greek one, so no problems here.

>> ... use it against him in a Goebbel's style...

>Oh, you even know that /intellectually "acting"/ monster ...

Yeah, he is one of the oldest Turkish TROLLS here, but he is "shallow" and
quite stupid, he is doing so much harm to Turkey's public image that I
couldn't think of a better anti-Turkish "weapon" ;-)
Just ignore him as I am doing, most posters are ignoring him, too.
He spends his entire life in Usenet, he is posting all day around, it's
obvious he is SICK...

>> It was a nice trip, we were 6 persons (two of us with skipper license),
>> we
>> had favorable wind most of the times but I am not ashamed to admit that
>> some
>> times we did use of the boat's engine, too ;-)

>That sounds very exciting.

>I hold all sailing and motorboat licenses. Even a university
>certificate (Zeugnis)

>http://groups.google.de/group/de.sci.philosophie/msg/56f32eefdb0d6d31

>by the "Hochschule Bremerhaven".

Nice !
I am only interested in sailing boats and my license is only for that kind
of boats.

>My largest cruise (in the Thyrrenian Sea) was about 800sm (8 people
>crew) on a (2 masts) ketch from the Côte d'Azur (Juan-les-Pins,
>close to Cannes) to Corsica, down south at its west coast to Sardinia
>(anchoring in Olbia and Porto Cervo), up north at Corsica's east
>coast, in a heavy storm getting close to Elba, then northwest to Monte
>Carlo (Monaco), St. Tropez and finally back to Juan-les-Pins.

Wow, a really interesting cruise !
My largest cruise when the owner of the school I got my license wanted a
"crew" to go in Italy (Ancona) and bring in Greece his brand new sailing
boat, a very beautiful two-mast boat !
I was offered along with a couple of other students.
It was a hell of an experience, as in our way back to Greece we met a storm
in Adriatic !
It was terrifying but now I see it as a valuable experience...

>Otherwise, I'm used to sail a lot with a smaller boat (alone or with
>1-2 friends) in the Sardinian area (around our family's house)
>between the Costa Romantica [Golfo Aranci & Tavolara (island)] and the
>Costa Smeralda.

Yeah, I had a friend from there when I was studying in Italy, nice waters
but ... quite cold ;-)

>> From now on just small 3-4 days "escapes" ;-)

>Happy "escapes"!

Yeah, and today begins another one until Tuesday evening, everything is
closed here Monday so everybody takes the chance of a 3 or 4 days small
vacation ;-)
Talk again Tuesday evening !

Stay well!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

CU, Frank

Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Aug 11, 2005, 5:28:11 PM8/11/05

And if you believe that you'll believe ANYTHING !

*LMMFAOAGogule*

LICENSE ! Mbouuuuuhahahaahhahaahhahahahahaaaarrrrrr

PWNage

Frank Kalder

Aug 12, 2005, 3:21:41 AM8/12/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> To tell you the truth, I have always felt very well in Turkey, unlike some
> times in Greece...
> Especially in restaurants ;-)
> Turkish food is quite similar to the Greek one, so no problems here.

I fully agree to that, Gogu.

[Goebbel]

> >> ... use it against him in a Goebbel's style...
>
> >Oh, you even know that /intellectually "acting"/ monster ...
>

> Yeah, he is one of the oldest ...

Oh, I've never noticed such a person.

I thought you've meant the real one (dead for 60 years by now).

Suggestion regarding that issue: EOD.

> I am only interested in sailing boats and my license is only for that kind
> of boats.

ACK.
I prefer sailing, too :-)
(But, for all eventualities, I've got it for motorboats as well.)

> >My largest cruise (in the Sea) was about 800sm (8 people

> >crew) on a (2 masts) ketch from the Côte d'Azur (Juan-les-Pins,
> >close to Cannes) to Corsica, down south at its west coast to Sardinia
> >(anchoring in Olbia and Porto Cervo), up north at Corsica's east
> >coast, in a heavy storm getting close to Elba, then northwest to Monte
> >Carlo (Monaco), St. Tropez and finally back to Juan-les-Pins.

[800sm Thyrrenian sailing cruise]

> Wow, a really interesting cruise!

ACK :-)

> My largest cruise when the owner of the school I got my license wanted a
> "crew" to go in Italy (Ancona) and bring in Greece his brand new sailing
> boat, a very beautiful two-mast boat !
> I was offered along with a couple of other students.
> It was a hell of an experience, as in our way back to Greece we met a storm
> in Adriatic !
> It was terrifying but now I see it as a valuable experience...

That was also very interesting...

Btw, we have to make those terrifying experiences in our lives.
I'm always recalling Homer's Odysseus story or all the ancient
sailors with no such technical equipment as we have it nowadays...

> > ... Sardinian area (around our family's house)

> >between the Costa Romantica [Golfo Aranci & Tavolara (island)] and the
> >Costa Smeralda.
>
> Yeah, I had a friend from there when I was studying in Italy, nice waters
> but ... quite cold ;-)

It is terribly cold and stormy in May and until mid June: only about
max. 13°C in the house. As I usually do not like to sit in front of
the fireplace, I prefer to wear (in the evenings) my warm ski dress
/inside/ to feel a bit comfortable.

Only in July and August it is pretty hot there, too. But,
unfortunately, because of business matters, I had - in recent years
- no more opportunity to get there in the more pleasant main season.

> Talk again Tuesday evening!
>
> Stay well!

Thanks, you too!

Lester Mosley

Aug 12, 2005, 5:25:05 AM8/12/05

> You mean getting used to the rapidity on German highways (more than
> frequently 160 km/h or 100 mph). Having returned from the USA, I've
> got used to the max. 70 mph, and I rarely drive faster than 80 mph.

True. In the US is posted 65-70mph.. of course it is common to see it
hit up to 80+mph

> That's the best - for all-time remembering it...

and very intresting pictures to remeber as well

> I see.
> Driving across the USA /forth and back from coast to coast/ I enjoyed
> that American feel along the highways, too; - just getting a Burger
> fast food in neat restaurants served by charming and good looking gals.
> However, some of the off-chain Burgers, prepared by individual cooks,
> sometimes were spicier and tasted better.

True.. very eccletic food choices along the highways of America..

> In Germany now, I enjoy - once and a while - eating a McRib along with
> a chef-salad...

It is hard to find the McRib here.. Some of the McDonald's carry it..
some don't/

> These places you mentioned I didn't know, so far.

I just recall lake Bitche is near the fort.. and do recall always
stopping at a Globus to pick up items for a picnic.

> Yeah, it must be very exciting there. I've seen a lot of pics and
> films on that. At my first flight to the USA though, I had a stop-over
> at Reykjavik in the middle of the night. So, unfortunately, I didn't
> see anything of that beautiful island state.

That is strange.. I didnt think there were many stop-over flights
between here and europe. At least I have never experienced any.

> Yeah, I'd think so.
> What heights do the mountains have there?

Virginia highest is 5,729 and West VA is 4,861 But these mountains are
very old. Much older than the Alps and Rockies. Nature has worn them
down. You can look at these and see what the ALps and ROckies will look
like in several million years.

> Occasionally, we eat 'smoked Virginia farmer bacon' (specially done
> with honey) that we get in the German supermarkets. Its taste is
> exquisite.

Is that from Smithfield? I think I recall seeing their famous canned
hams at a Wal-Mart in Germany.

> Oh yeah, I know what you mean :-)

>:->

> I prefer the German 'white beer' (Kristall Weizenbier). Yesterday
> evening, I had, for the first time, a Murphy's Red at an Irish Pub in
> Wiesbaden. Good taste, too.

I had a rather nice German Beer called "Klumbacher" and another called
"Munich Beer" the comapny had been around snice about 1364.. Give or
take a few years..

> They offer also an Irish Stout. What kind of a beer or drink is that?

I think that is Guniness? Quit good and Dark.

> Yes, very nice and interesting. I like that street with the tulip
> trees. I've looked at the Photo Tour and all the other nice pics.
> I'm impressed by the fact that Roanoke is a five-time All-American
> City and one of the US most livable cities that offers stunning natural
> beauty and exceptional amenities.

Yes very nice. There is one poor sap that used to live in Roanoke, and
was unable to get elected to office.. has turned bitter and rants how
bad the place is. But no one listens to him, or takes him seriously. I
think all cities and towns has one of those people in it.

> That looks and sounds great..

Yes.. Smith Mountain lake is a great area.. Not only to play, but to
live..

> Did you see the other postings of how to get from Zurich to the Engadin
> area (St. Moritz, Pontresina, Morteratsch Glacier, Diavolezza)
>
> http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/da881f8433917af4
>
> with the views
>
> http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/1a0faf813e458c59
>
> of Piz Bernina and Piz Palü?
>
> These are one of my most favoured climbing and skiing areas...

Very nice. I will check out the sites in much more detail later today.

> CU, Frank

Frank Kalder

Aug 13, 2005, 5:25:14 AM8/13/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[... highway speed in the USA]

> True. In the US is posted 65-70mph.. of course it is common to see it
> hit up to 80+mph

I experienced that lady-co-pilots were screaming when I tried to
demonstrate them the Firebird's real power (from 80mph upward).

> > That's the best - for all-time remembering it...
>

> and very interesting pictures to remember as well.

ACK, of course, that's approx. what I meant.

> > ... off-chain Burgers
>
> True.. very eclectic food choices along the highways of America..

Yeah, I loved it...

> > In Germany now, I enjoy - once and a while - eating a McRib along with
> > a chef-salad...
>
> It is hard to find the McRib here.. Some of the McDonald's carry it..
> some don't/

What a pity.
That's about the only McStuff I still like - after all.

> > These places you mentioned I didn't know, so far.
>
> I just recall lake Bitche is near the fort.. and do recall always
> stopping at a Globus to pick up items for a picnic.

Ah! Is it

http://www.ville-bitche.fr/Anglais/index.htm

that one?

> > Yeah, it must be very exciting there. I've seen a lot of pics and
> > films on that. At my first flight to the USA though, I had a stop-over
> > at Reykjavik in the middle of the night. So, unfortunately, I didn't
> > see anything of that beautiful island state.
>

> That is strange.. I didn't think there were many stop-over flights
> between here and Europe. At least I have never experienced any.

Well, that was in my former student days.
I took a very cheap flight from Düsseldorf (Germany) to New York by
Icelandic Airlines - with that stop-over (as mentioned).

> > Yeah, I'd think so.
> > What heights do the mountains have there?
>
> Virginia highest is 5,729 and West VA is 4,861 But these mountains are
> very old.

Very nice!
That's about the height of those mountains surrounding Lake Constance
(area of my Bavarian origin!) at the Austrian and Swiss parts. Very
beautiful 'lake and mountain view' directly from my family's
house.

> Much older than the Alps and Rockies.

I see.
Same applies e.g. for the smaller mountains in the middle of Germany.
The rocks are different (harder and older) there.

> Nature has worn them
> down. You can look at these and see what the Alps and Rockies will look

> like in several million years.

Oh yeah, indeed.

> > Occasionally, we eat 'smoked Virginia farmer bacon' (specially done
> > with honey) that we get in the German supermarkets. Its taste is
> > exquisite.
>
> Is that from Smithfield? I think I recall seeing their famous canned
> hams at a Wal-Mart in Germany.

U're right, it's _ham_ (instead of bacon) to be obtained at
Wal-Mart all-over in Germany; done with honey and smoked on hickory.

[Girls are very French...]

> > Oh yeah, I know what you mean :-)
>
> >:->
>
> > I prefer the German 'white beer' (Kristall Weizenbier). Yesterday
> > evening, I had, for the first time, a Murphy's Red at an Irish Pub in
> > Wiesbaden. Good taste, too.
>
> I had a rather nice German Beer called "Klumbacher" and another called

> "Munich Beer" the company had been around sincce about 1364.. Give or
> take a few years..

In Munich: Paulaner and, for wheat-beer, Erdinger.

[Irish Pub in Wiesbaden]

> > They offer also an Irish Stout. What kind of a beer or drink is that?
>

> I think that is Guinness? Quit good and dark.

Yeah, yesterday, I had a Murphy's Stout there. The (German) waitress
(in that very authentic real-ancient pub) said that the Murphy's is
milder than the Beamish, but both are similar to the Guinness. She did
know neither its brewing nor its ingredients.

It tastes like 'malt beer' with a slight bitterness which is not
really what I (generally, as a 'dry white wine' drinker!) enjoy.

Meanwhile I learned that it is made of dark roasted grains, malts
dominate the flavor and hops are for the slight bitter touch.

[Roanoke (Virginia)]

> Yes very nice. There is one poor sap that used to live in Roanoke, and
> was unable to get elected to office.. has turned bitter and rants how
> bad the place is. But no one listens to him, or takes him seriously. I
> think all cities and towns has one of those people in it.

Oh, maybe.
Nonetheless, we may concentrate watching the better people (all-over).

> > That looks and sounds great..
>
> Yes.. Smith Mountain lake is a great area.. Not only to play, but to
> live..

Yeah, I'm sure it is!

> > Did you see the other postings of how to get from Zurich to the Engadin
> > area (St. Moritz, Pontresina, Morteratsch Glacier, Diavolezza)
> >
> > http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/da881f8433917af4
> >
> > with the views
> >
> > http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/1a0faf813e458c59
> >
> > of Piz Bernina and Piz Palü?
> >
> > These are one of my most favoured climbing and skiing areas...
> >

> Very nice. I will check out the sites in much more detail later today.

I'm curious on reading to what degree you have, in the meantime,
enjoyed it.

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

Results of the G8 summit at Gleneagles (Scotland)

Lester Mosley

Aug 13, 2005, 2:20:31 PM8/13/05

> I experienced that lady-co-pilots were screaming when I tried to
> demonstrate them the Firebird's real power (from 80mph upward).

You had the wrong lady co-piolts then. You need the ones that scream
faster-faster :)

> > True.. very eclectic food choices along the highways of America..
> >

> Yeah, I loved it...

And they say we don;t have good food here :)

> > It is hard to find the McRib here.. Some of the McDonald's carry it..
> > some don't/

> What a pity.
> That's about the only McStuff I still like - after all.

I dont care for the sauce though. I like it plain with cheese.

> > > These places you mentioned I didn't know, so far.
> >
> > I just recall lake Bitche is near the fort.. and do recall always
> > stopping at a Globus to pick up items for a picnic.
> >

> Ah! Is it
>
> http://www.ville-bitche.fr/Anglais/index.htm
>
> that one?

Yes that would be it!

> Well, that was in my former student days.
> I took a very cheap flight from Düsseldorf (Germany) to New York by
> Icelandic Airlines - with that stop-over (as mentioned).

Ah Icelandair has cheap flights.. I am condering them or maybe one of
our Domestic ones or find an extremly cheap flight to Germany, take
train /bus to Hahn then take the really really cheap flights on
Ryanair. only. if it is cheaper in the long run..

> > Virginia highest is 5,729 and West VA is 4,861 But these mountains are
> > very old.
> >

> Very nice!
> That's about the height of those mountains surrounding Lake Constance
> (area of my Bavarian origin!) at the Austrian and Swiss parts. Very
> beautiful 'lake and mountain view' directly from my family's
> house.

Many are less though. I would say average is 2000-4000 feet.

> I see.
> Same applies e.g. for the smaller mountains in the middle of Germany.
> The rocks are different (harder and older) there.

Agreeded. It is moslty Granite here. Very hard rock.. but they did
manage a few tunnels for trains and road tunnels here though.

> > Is that from Smithfield? I think I recall seeing their famous canned
> > hams at a Wal-Mart in Germany.
> >

> U're right, it's _ham_ (instead of bacon) to be obtained at
> Wal-Mart all-over in Germany; done with honey and smoked on hickory.

Yes it is very good. It is even better at holiday time too..

> > I had a rather nice German Beer called "Klumbacher" and another called
> > "Munich Beer" the company had been around sincce about 1364.. Give or
> > take a few years..
> >

> In Munich: Paulaner and, for wheat-beer, Erdinger.

Ah The beer I was thinking of is Edelstoff?.Says since 1328 on it as
well.

> > > They offer also an Irish Stout. What kind of a beer or drink is that?
> >
> > I think that is Guinness? Quit good and dark.

> Yeah, yesterday, I had a Murphy's Stout there. The (German) waitress
> (in that very authentic real-ancient pub) said that the Murphy's is
> milder than the Beamish, but both are similar to the Guinness. She did
> know neither its brewing nor its ingredients.

I am sure you can look at the www.guinness.ie website and fid some
detaisl they will share with the public.

> It tastes like 'malt beer' with a slight bitterness which is not
> really what I (generally, as a 'dry white wine' drinker!) enjoy.
>
> Meanwhile I learned that it is made of dark roasted grains, malts
> dominate the flavor and hops are for the slight bitter touch.

Ah that would make since and give its very dark color.

> Oh, maybe.
> Nonetheless, we may concentrate watching the better people (all-over).

I must agree with that one.

> I'm curious on reading to what degree you have, in the meantime,
> enjoyed it.

In what degree I have travelled? I have quite a few good stories from
my adventures. One includes a soccer riot, another is just barley
making a train and nother involves seein humans at their worst in
italy.

Moo Moo MhuttsAss

Aug 13, 2005, 7:00:13 PM8/13/05

Is this a chatroom for grik woofters or what ?

Mooooooooooooooooooo

Frank Kalder

Aug 14, 2005, 2:46:48 AM8/14/05
Lester Mosley wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > ... lady-co-pilots...
>
> ... You need the ones that scream faster-faster :)

Oh, Lester, for that it /only/ needs parking (& engine off)...
:-)

> And they say we don't have good food here :)

This was 'judged' on the better so-called 'junk food' or fast
food at off-chain-shops though :)

> I don't care for the sauce though. I like it plain with cheese.

Hm.

[Bitche (France)]

> > http://www.ville-bitche.fr/Anglais/index.htm

> Yes that would be it!

That's a nice city in the Lorraine (Vosges) area.

> Ah, Icelandair has cheap flights.. I am considering them or maybe one of
> our Domestic ones or find an extremely cheap flight to Germany, take
> train /bus to Hahn then take the really cheap flights on

> Ryanair. only. if it is cheaper in the long run..

The Hahn-Airport/Ryanair arrangements are generally considered as very
advantageous (over here).

[Virginia Mountains]

> > The rocks are different (harder and older) there.
>

> Agreed. It is mostly Granite here. Very hard rock.. but they did

> manage a few tunnels for trains and road tunnels here though.

Same applies e.g. for the so-called 'middle mountains' in Germany.

[Virginia ham]

> > U're right, it's _ham_ (instead of bacon) to be obtained at
> > Wal-Mart all-over in Germany; done with honey and smoked on hickory.
>

> Yes it is very good. It is even better at holiday time, too..

Why particularly at holiday time?

> > > I had a rather nice German Beer called "Kulmbacher" and another called

> > > "Munich Beer" the company had been around sincce about 1364.. Give or
> > > take a few years..
> > >

> > In Munich: Paulaner and, for wheat-beer, Erdinger.
>

> Ah, the beer I was thinking of is Edelstoff?. Says since 1328 on it as
> well.

Ah, that

http://www.augustiner-braeu.de/augustiner/html/pages/en/index.html

is made by Augustiner Bräu.

[Irish Stout]

> I am sure you can look at the www.guinness.ie website and find some
> details they will share with the public.

Thanks for this link!

> > Meanwhile I learned that it is made of dark roasted grains, malts
> > dominate the flavor and hops are for the slight bitter touch.
>

> Ah, that would make sense and give its very dark color.

ACK.

> > Nonetheless, we may concentrate watching the better people (all-over).
>
> I must agree with that one.

I'm happy on that :-)

> > I'm curious on reading to what degree you have, in the meantime,
> > enjoyed it.
>
> In what degree I have travelled?

It appears to me, Lester, that you won't like the high mountains and
the marvellous Swiss Engadin area (i.e. St. Moritz, Pontresina, the
Bernina mountain group with the Morteratsch glacier and the Diavolezza;
etc (see links as given). Perhaps, I understand, you would not consider
a travel (by train) into that area; - that's one of my most favoured
ones as far as mountain climbing and skiing is concerned.

> I have quite a few good stories from my adventures.
> One includes a soccer riot, another is just barley

> making a train and another involves seeing humans at their worst in
> Italy.

*Where* may we be able to read them?

Moo Moo MhuttsAss

Aug 14, 2005, 6:48:15 AM8/14/05

*YAWWWWNZZZZZZ*

Ooooh dear !

Lester Mosley

Aug 14, 2005, 8:20:37 AM8/14/05

Frank Kalder wrote:
> Lester Mosley wrote:
> > Frank Kalder wrote:
> >

> > > ... lady-co-pilots...
> >
> > ... You need the ones that scream faster-faster :)
> >

> Oh, Lester, for that it /only/ needs parking (& engine off)...
> :-)

Ah yes.. but a good lady friend wouldnt need you to park and turn the
engine off :)

> This was 'judged' on the better so-called 'junk food' or fast
> food at off-chain-shops though :)

Ah Everywhere you go is "junk food" It is all relative to what you do
consider good food or healthly.

> That's a nice city in the Lorraine (Vosges) area.

Yes.. I have quit a few pictures of that area too and driving though
it.

> The Hahn-Airport/Ryanair arrangements are generally considered as very
> advantageous (over here).

I have to agree in 2003 We took a flight mid-week to Forli, Italy (near
Bologna) and then a train to Rome.. We spent the day in Forli and then
took an overnight train, and on the way back we spent two nights in
Ravenna. before catching the flight back to Hahn.. But it is way out
of the way in curvy roads.. But now I see why we "hid" the airbase so
far out...

> Same applies e.g. for the so-called 'middle mountains' in Germany.

I sadly didnt get to see much east of Frankfurt.

> Why particularly at holiday time?

Not sure.. I think it is tradition around Christmas and Easter to fix a
ham.. at least in my family.

Very nice. I liked the taste. But it is about $2.50-$3.00 a bottle
here!

> It appears to me, Lester, that you won't like the high mountains and
> the marvellous Swiss Engadin area (i.e. St. Moritz, Pontresina, the
> Bernina mountain group with the Morteratsch glacier and the Diavolezza;
> etc (see links as given). Perhaps, I understand, you would not consider
> a travel (by train) into that area; - that's one of my most favoured
> ones as far as mountain climbing and skiing is concerned.

I don;t see why I wouldn't I like nature.. I just don't ski that
often.. But Do liek to get out for a hike.. or a long city walk.

> *Where* may we be able to read them?

Here of course! I am just short on time Today.. But when I do get more
free time to write out the crazy stuff that happened.. I will post..
Perhaps tomorrow I will have a better oppitunity.

Arkadios

Aug 14, 2005, 9:19:56 AM8/14/05
Moo Moo MhuttsAss wrote:

>*YAWWWWNZZZZZZ*
>
>Ooooh dear !

Judging by the old saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you," he's
practically invulnerable.

Frank Kalder

Aug 15, 2005, 4:16:24 AM8/15/05
Lester Mosley schrieb:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > [parking (& engine off)...]
>
> Ah yes.. but a good lady friend wouldn't need you to park and turn the
> engine off :)

Oh, Lester, as I perceive by now, _you_ are _the_ real expert :)

- ... -

> > This was 'judged' on the better so-called 'junk food' or fast
> > food at off-chain-shops though :)
>

> Ah, everywhere you go is "junk food". It is all relative to what you do
> consider good food or healthy.

That's sure right in a certain way; - sort of food philosophy :)

> > That's a nice city in the Lorraine (Vosges) area.
>

> Yes.. I have quite a few pictures of that area too and driving through
> it.

ACK, that's great!

> > The Hahn-Airport/Ryanair arrangements are generally considered as very
> > advantageous (over here).
>

> I have to agree. In 2003, we took a flight mid-week to Forli, Italy (near

> Bologna) and then a train to Rome.. We spent the day in Forli and then
> took an overnight train, and on the way back we spent two nights in

> Ravenna. Before catching the flight back to Hahn.. But it is way out

> of the way in curvy roads.. But now I see why we "hid" the airbase so
> far out...

Nice European trip arrangement, indeed.

*Hahn* was a former US-Army Airbase that has now to be used
commercially in close cooperation with the Frankfurt Airport with its
limited expansion capacity (due to political protest initiatives).

[Rocks - older and harder]

> > Same applies e.g. for the so-called 'middle mountains' in Germany.
>

> I sadly didn't get to see much east of Frankfurt.

I guess, next time, you will... :)

[Virginia ham]

> > Why particularly at holiday time?
>
> Not sure.. I think it is tradition around Christmas and Easter to fix a
> ham.. at least in my family.

Yeah, good old regional traditions! - We should really maintain them.

[Augustiner beer]

> Very nice. I liked the taste. But it is about $2.50-$3.00 a bottle
> here!

That's awfully tremendous!

[Swiss *Engadin* area

(i.e. St. Moritz, Pontresina, the Bernina mountain group with the

Morteratsch glacier and the Diavolezza; etc (see links as given)].

[...]

> I don't see why I wouldn't I like nature.. I just don't ski that

> often.. But do like to get out for a hike..

[Hiking]

That's why I suggested you, Lester, to eventually experience this
marvellous and pittoresque mountain and valley region (of course, /for
you/ without skis, perhaps in spring, summer or autumn) - maybe next
time over here in Europe.

> or a long city walk.

I like that, too - as well in New York or San Francisco as in London,
Paris or Rome ... and so on; - or e.g. in Wiesbaden (Germany).

[Lester's European adventure stories]

> > *Where* may we be able to read them?
>

> Here of course! I am just short on time, today.. But when I do get more

> free time to write out the crazy stuff that happened.. I will post..

> Perhaps tomorrow I will have a better opportunity.

Oh, great! I'll look forward to reading them, then...

CU, Frank

gogu

Aug 16, 2005, 5:48:10 PM8/16/05
This is the NAZI Turkish TROLL I was talking about Frank ;-)
You can observe his "contribution" to your discussion, his tries to destroy
the thread.
I know you have "it" in your killfile under another screen name, now "it"
changes to another nick so "it" can continue his TROLL postings so you can
see "it"...
Sad NAZI Turkish TROLLS, people who don't understand that by showing such a
BARBARIAN behavior they are producing more and more enemies for Turkey !
I wander if they realize how much they harm Turkey's public image and its
efforts to join the EU !
Oh well, with Turks like this one I wonder what need of enemies Turkey has
;-)

Some of his TROLL screen names:

----------------
"Yiorgos Spodbwoy Chicken George Tsolakis" tsol...@loaning.co.uk

"Argyros *COCKNEY GREEKCYPRIOT* Argyrou of Northampton" pi...@easy.com

"Seanie The Grik-Slapper !" pi...@easy.com

"Seanie The Grikslapper" sea...@gmail.com

tsol...@loaning.co.uk

"Big Butch Floppie Bwoy" flopp...@loaning.co.uk

"GOGULE KING OF TROLLS" gogu.costica.gh...@loaning.co.uk

gogu.costica.gh...@loaning.co.uk

"Romaneshti wannabe GREEK !!!!!" pi...@easy.com

"Constantin Gogu Melina Brincoveanu" <sea...@gmail.com>

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" sea...@gmail.com

"Yavrukurt" sea...@gmail.com

"I am Seanie" <seanki...@aol.comSPODOFF>

"Mr. S J Ruttledge esq" <seanki...@aol.comUNIST>

tros...@loaning.co.uk

"Tom Hoorah of Bath Esq !" <tros...@loaning.co.uk>

"TRNC(KKTC)" <trnc(KKTC)-home-of-Tur...@inCyprus.com>

"Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty" <GO...@loaning.co.uk>

"Yiorgos SALAKis" <pwnling...@loaning.co.uk>

"GAYson Lame-Brew Aged 98 and 1/2" <GAY...@loaning.co.uk>

"THE REAL Yorgos Tsolakis" <tsol...@loaning.co.uk>

"Tom *Hooray Henry* Trosborg" <tros...@loaning.co.uk>

"rafinn" <raf...@gmail.com>

"Moo Moo MhuttsAss" <Mhut...@loaning.co.uk>
----------------

A notorious NAZI Turkish TROLL.
Remember this when you will vote for Turkey in EU !

--

> *YAWWWWNZZZZZZ*
>
> Ooooh dear !

Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Aug 16, 2005, 6:26:08 PM8/16/05

*LOL*

Koku *THINKS* that the EU are going to let HIM vote Turkey in !

*ROTFFLMFAOY*

Oh Koku ! What a POWERFUL little Romanianwannabegreek you are !

Moooooooooharharharharharharharrrrr

POOR wickle koku the *VICTIM*

Those BAD Turks and those nasty JEWISH "Jidanilor" are still consuming
him with birtterness, rage and jealousy

PWNAGE !

Frank Kalder

Aug 17, 2005, 3:07:37 AM8/17/05
gogu schrieb:

> ... killfile ...
>

> ... I wonder what need of enemies ...

Peace all-over ("urbi et orbi")!

The (German) Pope Benedict XVI will arrive at the

20th World Youth Day in Cologne tomorrow ...

:-)

In Wiesbaden (Germany), we are currently celebrating the (yearly)
"Weinfest" (from 13th to 22nd August) that attracts many
"beautiful people" of all nations to drink the world-famous
Rheingau vines in a very friendly and amusing ambience... :-))

Moo Moo MhuttsAss

Aug 17, 2005, 5:56:29 PM8/17/05

See Koku

Nobody gives a shit for your "Poor Me" dramas

Your BLEATING and pity-seeking is just FUNNY !

Keep it up little *victim*

PWNT !

gogu

Aug 17, 2005, 7:46:38 PM8/17/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu schrieb:
>>

>> ... killfile ...
>>

>> ... I wonder what need of enemies ...

> Peace all-over ("urbi et orbi")!

You are right, who is taking to him seriously ?
I am ignoring 99% of his postings, I am just stopping some time to bitchslap
him for a while as it is so funny to see him getting red in face and
following me angry around Usenet like a little nice stalker dog ;-)

> The (German) Pope Benedict XVI will arrive at the
>
> 20th World Youth Day in Cologne tomorrow ...
>
> :-)
>

> In Wiesbaden (Germany), we are currently celebrating the (yearly)
> "Weinfest" (from 13th to 22nd August) that attracts many
> "beautiful people" of all nations to drink the world-famous
> Rheingau vines in a very friendly and amusing ambience... :-))

Yeah, I am sure racists like this NAZI Turk wouldn't feel good in there ;-)
Have fun, drink moderately and drive safely!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Frank Kalder

Aug 18, 2005, 3:18:48 AM8/18/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[...]

> > In Wiesbaden (Germany), we are currently celebrating the (yearly)
> > "Weinfest" (from 13th to 22nd August) that attracts many
> > "beautiful people" of all nations to drink the world-famous

> > Rheingau wines in a very friendly and amusing ambience... :-))

> Have fun, drink moderately and drive safely!

Thanks, Gogu, I sure will :-)

[Architecture]

During your Aegean cruise I had answered

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/56c4c09561ad80ec

on your various architecture advices. Maybe, you might like to further
refer on this subject of our mutual interest - in a sense of a
cross-cultural approach.

Here

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/ce977eeb920bf751

you might have a "guided tour" (links as given there) at a splendid
Wiesbaden building - the *Kurhaus*, its surroundings and inside views
at various rooms, as I've described at that linked posting.

CU, Frank

--
www.haplif.de / www.haplif.de/61820.html

edi...@haplif.de

Aug 18, 2005, 3:45:07 AM8/18/05
Lester Mosley wrote:

[Lester's European adventure stories]

> > *Where* may we be able to read them?

> Here of course! I am just short on time Today.. But when I do get more
> free time to write out the crazy stuff that happened.. I will post..

> Perhaps tomorrow I will have a better opportunity.

Have I missed something? Haven't found it, yet...

Hi Lester,

meanwhile, you may have seen my answer of 15th August regarding your
entire former posting.

Yesterday, we saw (at German TV) the "fights" in Virginia

http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=virginia+laptops+stampede&btnG=Search+News

for 50$-laptops...

As far as I recall we (in Europe) had similar chaotic situations as
well in Germany as in Poland (at Media Mart) in the recent past.

CU, Frank

Frank Kalder

Aug 18, 2005, 4:01:25 AM8/18/05
Frank Kalder wrote (one month ago):
> marika wrote:
>

> Thanks, Marika, for your pm report.
>
> Furthermore ...

Hi Marika,

in pursuit of your "mediation" (thanks again!) a very fluent
cross-cultural conversation has been developed between Lester Mosley
and myself.

I hope you further enjoy the various talks, i.e. with Gogu and Lester.

Btw, I've found something on "les branchouilles"

http://groups.google.de/group/Designer-Fashion-Europa/msg/53db97d50fce42c4?hl=de&

- explained as well in English as in French (at the given links).

gogu

Aug 18, 2005, 7:52:42 PM8/18/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu wrote:
>> Frank Kalder wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>> > In Wiesbaden (Germany), we are currently celebrating the (yearly)
>> > "Weinfest" (from 13th to 22nd August) that attracts many
>> > "beautiful people" of all nations to drink the world-famous
>> > Rheingau wines in a very friendly and amusing ambience... :-))

>> Have fun, drink moderately and drive safely!
>>

> Thanks, Gogu, I sure will :-)
>

> [Architecture]
>
> During your Aegean cruise I had answered
>
> http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/56c4c09561ad80ec
>
> on your various architecture advices. Maybe, you might like to further
> refer on this subject of our mutual interest - in a sense of a
> cross-cultural approach.
>

> Here
>
> http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/ce977eeb920bf751
>
> you might have a "guided tour" (links as given there) at a splendid
> Wiesbaden building - the *Kurhaus*, its surroundings and inside views
> at various rooms, as I've described at that linked posting.

Well, it is widely known the love the Germans had for the ancient Greek
culture and how they have builded several of their public buildings like old
Greek temples :-)
The night view is beautifull indeed.

But here I have to state that the "Greek style components" some of my fellow
architects used to incorporate in their buildings at the beginning of the
post-modern movement make me feel sick :-)
Thank G-d this trend is almost forgotten by now...
Sorry, I believe that such representative elements of a given style (Greek,
Romanic, Gothic, etc) should be left alone and not to be introduced as
"separate" elements in modern architecture...
But this is my personal view and only that.
De gustibus....

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Frank Kalder

Aug 19, 2005, 12:38:53 AM8/19/05
edi...@haplif.de schrieb:

> Lester Mosley wrote:
> >

> [Lester's European adventure stories]
>
> > > *Where* may we be able to read them?
> >
> > Here of course! I am just short on time Today.. But when I do get more
> > free time to write out the crazy stuff that happened.. I will post..
> > Perhaps tomorrow I will have a better opportunity.
> >

> Did I miss something? Haven't found it, yet...

Frank Kalder

Aug 19, 2005, 1:12:07 AM8/19/05
gogu wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:

[European Classicism; etc]

> Well, it is widely known the love the Germans had for the ancient Greek

> culture and how they have built several of their public buildings like old
> Greek temples :-)
> The night view is beautiful indeed.

ACK.

> But here I have to state that the "Greek style components" some of my fellow
> architects used to incorporate in their buildings at the beginning of the
> post-modern movement make me feel sick :-)
> Thank G-d this trend is almost forgotten by now...

Indeed.
However, the images of the European cities are still dominated by those
styles, and people seem to appreciate the feeling generated thereof
much more than the one that is induced by the nowadays hypermodern
'glass & steel buildings and skyscrapers' added to the
traditionally perceived scenery. - Maybe the world's youngsters would
already think and feel different...

> Sorry, I believe that such representative elements of a given style (Greek,
> Romanic, Gothic, etc) should be left alone and not to be introduced as
> "separate" elements in modern architecture...

I agree in general.
Nowadays it would be awful if architects did it that way. In former
times, there was an entirely different approach (as you mentioned
above).

> But this is my personal view and only that.

I appreciate it very much.

> De gustibus....

... non discutandum est.
But, fortunately, both of us (it seems to me) can basically agree on
those issues.

What are /eventually/ your ideas or comments

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/56c4c09561ad80ec

on my former answer as regards the architects (and some of their
buildings) presented and preliminarily discussed (see link)?

Frank Kalder

Aug 21, 2005, 2:04:10 AM8/21/05
Frank Kalder wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote (one month ago):
> > marika wrote:

[...]

> I hope you further enjoy the various talks, i.e. with Gogu and Lester.

[...]

_To whom it may be of interest_

Marika's answer /and my reply to her/ are to be found right here:

http://groups.google.de/group/alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley/msg/9247c9e7ff4078ec

FK

Lester Mosley

Aug 22, 2005, 5:00:17 AM8/22/05
Sorry I haven't replied ot you in several days. Life has been rahter
busy and all..

But I do look foward to exchanging stories soon.

marika

Aug 22, 2005, 6:40:03 PM8/22/05

Frank Kalder wrote:

stuff about branshwee

Does coquille also follow that rule and is there something derisive
about it as the other poster suggested, I wonder

looks like I will be in dc through February,

mk5000

"I hear you singin' in the wire, I can hear you through the whine
And the Wichita Lineman is still on the line
I know I need a small vacation but it don't look like rain
And if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain"

Frank Kalder

Aug 23, 2005, 1:13:57 AM8/23/05
Lester Mosley wrote:

> Sorry I haven't replied to you in several days.
> Life has been rather busy and all..
>
> But I do look forward to exchanging stories soon.

Thanks, Lester, for this intermediate message :-)

Frank Kalder

Aug 23, 2005, 1:49:27 AM8/23/05
marika wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> stuff about branshwee

A definition of the slang word "les branchouilles" in English as
well as in French is to be found via

http://groups.google.de/group/Designer-Fashion-Europa/msg/53db97d50fce42c4?hl=de&

> Does coquille also follow that rule and is there something derisive
> about it as the other poster suggested, I wonder

In German "Coquille" means a special food (ragout) in a shell.
Diverse restaurants in France, Canada and the USA (etc) have as a name
"Coquille". In a derisive way it means, as I've perceived it, a
person who is ironically to be pointed at as having some kind of a
crazy-stupid attitude and strange thoughts or the like.

What, Marika, did the other poster suggest (where)?

> looks like I will be in dc through February,

In "dc"? Or do you mean "de"?
Otherwise what's "dc" all about?
District of Columbia (DC) won't be it in this context as I guess.

CU, Frank

Frank Kalder

Aug 23, 2005, 4:31:11 AM8/23/05
marika wrote:

> Does coquille also follow that rule and is there something derisive

> about it ...

_This is my second reply of today to you_

Meanwhile, I've found some further definitions (in English) referring
on the Greek origin of that word, too; s. b.

http://www.answers.com/coquille&r=67

CU, Frank

marika

Aug 23, 2005, 6:38:01 PM8/23/05

Frank Kalder wrote:

> In German "Coquille" means a special food (ragout) in a shell.
> Diverse restaurants in France, Canada and the USA (etc) have as a name
> "Coquille". In a derisive way it means, as I've perceived it, a
> person who is ironically to be pointed at as having some kind of a
> crazy-stupid attitude and strange thoughts or the like.
>
> What, Marika, did the other poster suggest (where)?

one of the posters in the thread you provided to elaborate on
branchouille said that, when a word ends in ille, that it has a
derisive tone to it. ie one person said that branche means plugged in,
and that branchouille normally means that the person is plugged in
but the next person added that it is a bit derisive when used that way,
in the sense that while the person is plugged in, they are nonetheless
so at a shallow level

then they gave a few more examples of words that have that ending and
is also derisive

so i started wondering about words like coquille and andouille

> > looks like I will be in dc through February,
> >

> In "dc"? Or do you mean "de"?
> Otherwise what's "dc" all about?
> District of Columbia (DC) won't be it in this context as I guess.

i have never been to de but would like to

but I meant that I was going to be in District of Columbia through
February.

Partly I mentioned it because you asked somewhere in another post where
I am at and I said DC. At that time I believed I would be leaving soon
but it seems that I will be here a bit longer

I also said that for Lester's benefit

he visisted me a few weeks ago and i wanted him to know he has more
opportunities

Frank Kalder

Aug 24, 2005, 3:31:30 AM8/24/05
marika wrote:
> Frank Kalder wrote:
>

> > In German "Coquille" means a special food (ragout) in a shell.
> > Diverse restaurants in France, Canada and the USA (etc) have as a name
> > "Coquille". In a derisive way it means, as I've perceived it, a
> > person who is ironically to be pointed at as having some kind of a
> > crazy-stupid attitude and strange thoughts or the like.

Hi Marika,

as my friends at soc.culture.french (4 links --> below) suggested the
second /supposed/ meaning cannot - neither explicitly nor implicitly -
be confirmed.

> > What, Marika, did the other poster suggest (where)?
>

> One of the posters in the thread you provided to elaborate on

> branchouille said that, when a word ends in ille, that it has a
> derisive tone to it. ie one person said that branche means plugged in,
> and that branchouille normally means that the person is plugged in
> but the next person added that it is a bit derisive when used that way,
> in the sense that while the person is plugged in, they are nonetheless
> so at a shallow level
>
> then they gave a few more examples of words that have that ending and
> is also derisive
>

> so i started wondering about words like coquille and andouille.

Meanwhile, it turned out that you've mixed up the endings
"-ouille" (e.g. in "les branchouilles") with "-ille". This
makes quite a decisive difference in the French language, though :-)

John of Aix had written in the csf.thread you mentioned:
<cit> Pat made a good point about the '-ouille' ending which is useful
to remember, except perhaps for 'citrouille' ;-) </cit>

[The original posting of Pat o Beure, unfortunately, is being deleted
meanwhile by Google (after 6 days as indicated).]

The following, Marika, is a compilation of my current discussion at scf
as far as "la coquille" is concerned:

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.french/msg/a736b13eed490760

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.french/msg/1652d52002b7076b

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.french/msg/0dc3743932848efd

http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.french/msg/976325221a6a3f68

> I have never been to de but would like to

Yeah, Lester e.g. likes Germany (.de) (or D) as you could read across
this thread.

> But I meant that I was going to be in District of Columbia through

> February.
>
> Partly I mentioned it because you asked somewhere in another post where
> I am at and I said DC.

IIRC, you mentioned that you live in Washington, DC.

> At that time I believed I would be leaving soon

> but it seems that I will be here a bit longer.

I appreciate your participation in this cross-cultural discussion very
much.

> I also said that for Lester's benefit.

Indeed, that's true!

> He visited me a few weeks ago and i wanted him to know he has more
> opportunities.

What do you mean as regards Lester's "more opportunities" (in
what context)?

I wrote today something

http://groups.google.de/group/Designer-Fashion-Europa/msg/cec15305f7a88f6c

about Gwen Stefani's fashion trends. And recently this about "GWEN
CHIC":

http://groups.google.de/group/Designer-Fashion-Europa/msg/9b9a5bbd921da085

Yesterday I posted something about the German model's /Eva Padberg/
Hollywood movie integration (in Canada) as a new actress.

http://groups.google.de/group/HAPLIF-BLOGGING-international/msg/4439cde4fd1a681c

Did you formerly "know" Eva or see something about her in the USA
(e.g. magazine cover photos, etc)?

gogu

Aug 24, 2005, 8:24:10 PM8/24/05
? "Frank Kalder" <edi...@haplif.de> ?????? ??? ??????

> gogu wrote:
>> But here I have to state that the "Greek style components" some of my
>> fellow
>> architects used to incorporate in their buildings at the beginning of the
>> post-modern movement make me feel sick :-)
>> Thank G-d this trend is almost forgotten by now...

> Indeed.
> However, the images of the European cities are still dominated by those
> styles, and people seem to appreciate the feeling generated thereof
> much more than the one that is induced by the nowadays hypermodern
> 'glass & steel buildings and skyscrapers' added to the
> traditionally perceived scenery. - Maybe the world's youngsters would
> already think and feel different...

I don't like the modern steel an glass buildings and latest architectural
researches proved they are also expensive in their maintenance and *very*
expensive to air condition them, especially during the summer...

>> Sorry, I believe that such representative elements of a given style
>> (Greek,
>> Romanic, Gothic, etc) should be left alone and not to be introduced as
>> "separate" elements in modern architecture...

> I agree in general.
> Nowadays it would be awful if architects did it that way.

Well, some "post-modern" architects are still doing it...

> In former
> times, there was an entirely different approach (as you mentioned
> above).

But I can see some of my colleagues still using in their facades (and not
only) arches, arcades, etc from previous styles...

>> De gustibus....

> ... non discutandum est.
> But, fortunately, both of us (it seems to me) can basically agree on
> those issues.
>

> What are /eventually/ your ideas or comments
>
> http://groups.google.de/group/soc.culture.greek/msg/56c4c09561ad80ec
>
> on my former answer as regards the architects (and some of their
> buildings) presented and preliminarily discussed (see link)?

Uuups, sorry but I missed that one !
Well, Roger Lee won several times the "Architect of the Year" title and I
like most of their work.
In the link you've provided about Roger Lee you can see a "humble" picture
and you'll understand his style and his architectural preferences...
He has designed some neat houses in USA and I really like his style if he is
diseased now.
To me he was a man who inspired some of my works.
I am curious if the other article about Henrik Bull mentions his works in
USA...
To me he was one of architects I liked their work on private housing.

About the others you are mentioning you didn't find anything, well, what can
I say ?
It seems that architects and their work are not considered worthy to be
included in the Internet ;-)
Some of the them also won the title of the "Architect of the Year".

Stay well!
I need a week of sleeping, I have just returned and as you may have noticed
we extended our cruise by a couple of days ;-)
We sailed to Skiathos island which is the longest Aegean cross from the
Thessaloniki to an island, almost 100 miles...
It took us 24 hours to go and 24 hours to return and if we had stayed as
planned we would have stay only ... a couple of days in the island, so we
decided to extend our "sojourn".
Nice trip but we are all tired, so talk again tomorrow evening !

Stay well.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

It is loading more messages.