BOYCOT MERRIL LYNCH!

Strider

Jul 28, 2002, 2:17:03 PM7/28/02
MERRILL LYNCH EXECUTIVE LEAVES WALL STREET FOR
WEST BANK SAFARI

(Washington, DC) -- American Muslims for Global Peace and
Justice (Global Peace) is dismayed at the news of Merrill Lynch first
vice-president Alan Leventen's rush to serve in the Israeli Defense
Forces after the September 11th attack on the United States (see
AP article below for full story).

Leventen states that he felt compelled to do something after the
attacks,"not out of hatred or vengeance, but out of love." What
boggles the mind is why he chose to go to the West Bank and
contribute to Israel's military occupation of the Palestinian people.
"Why didn't he do the truly patriotic thing of joining the American
army to fight the terrorists that attacked our homeland," said Raeed
Tayeh, Washington, DC director of Global Peace.

There is a disturbing trend of American Jews enlisting in the Israeli
army to fight the defenseless Palestinians. "The West Bank has
become a 'Wild Wild West Bank Safari' for anyone who wants to
carry an M-16 and take a crack at shooting a Palestinian," said
Tayeh. "It is ironic that Americans who wish to provide humanitarian
assistance to the Palestinians are mistreated by Israel, and then
fired from their jobs back home, while other Americans are able to
take up weapons in the name of a foreign country against innocent
Palestinians with impunity."

James Hanna, a computer engineer that went to Palestine on a
humanitarian mission last spring was fired from his job at Cadence
Design Systems in May after the Israeli government deported him for
trying to deliver food to the inhabitants of the then besieged Church
of the Nativity in Bethlehem. Hanna's termination letter stated, "Due
to unacceptable conduct and political actions in a geographical area
where Cadence does business (Israel), we hereby terminate your
work contract.''

Global Peace is calling on the United States Justice Department to
investigate Leventen, and any other American that may be serving in
the Israeli army, for contributing to the illegal occupation of the
Palestinian people, and for the possibility of criminal behavior,
including murder, during the course of duty in the Israeli army.

We also call on members of Congress to pass legislation that would
make it illegal for American nationals to serve in the armies of
foreign nations.

* * *

September 11 Experience Prompts Merrill Lynch Exec. to Volunteer
for the IDF

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

When the World Trade Center was in flames, Merrill Lynch executive
Alan Leventen left his nearby office to aid the injured.

Moved to further action, he decided he'd fight terrorism by
volunteering for reserve duty in Israel's army.

As he patrolled a stretch of Israel's border with the West Bank on
Tuesday, the Detroit-born banker couldn't have been farther from his
Wall Street life.

He said he needed to come back to the army, both for therapy after
Sept. 11 and out of a sense of duty to Israel in its 21-month-old
conflict with the Palestinians.

"The American in me and the Israeli in me said I had to do this," said
Leventen, 49, who has dual citizenship. "I feel I'm making a
contribution, not out of hatred or vengeance, but out of love."

Leventen is one of a handful of American-born Jews who have
signed up for reserve duty since the Israeli army launched a
volunteer program nearly a year ago, said army spokesman Capt.
Jacob Dallal.

About 2,500 people, most of them Israelis too old to be called up for
regular reserve duty, have volunteered. They help with patrols and
free up regular soldiers for front-line duty.

For their 12-day tour, Leventen and 11 other volunteers were posted
to a dusty border police base overlooking the West Bank town of
Jenin, the point of departure for many suicide bombers crossing into
Israel. Dressed in army-issued fatigues, a flak vest and toting an M-
16 assault rifle, he patrols the green cotton fields for Palestinians
crossing into Israel illegally.

"We're not doing it with joy," said Yisrael Shapiro, a grizzled 65-year-
old retired Israeli navy lieutenant commander completing his second
volunteer reserve tour.

"You do it as a duty," he said as he bounced in a jeep with Leventen
along the line with the West Bank.

For Leventen, that sense of duty was made more profound on Sept.
11, when he heard the first plane slam into the World Trade Center
from his Merrill offices on the 40th floor of the nearby World
Financial Center.

After hustling his wife, who works with him, and several colleagues
out of the building, Leventen headed toward the twin towers, thinking
he might be able to use his training as a medic.

He treated a few people suffering from shock, bandaged some
superficial cuts and gave his new Ferragamo tie to a co-worker to
wrap around his twisted ankle for the long walk home from Ground
Zero.

Leventen didn't know it at the time, but one of his closest friends and
colleagues, David Brady, was having breakfast in Windows on the
World, on top of the north tower, and died when it collapsed.

"David wouldn't want me to avenge him," Leventen said, breaking
into tears. "But I decided I wouldn't attend any more funerals without
being able to say I will do everything I can to stop this from ever
happening again."

An Israeli banking friend told him about the volunteer reserve
program, and he signed up. Leventen said he would do the same for
the U.S. Army if it had a volunteer program for its Afghan operations.

Leventen grew up in Detroit, the son of second-generation Ukrainian
immigrants who sent him to military school. He said he signed up for
Israeli military service after being taunted by his classmates for being
a Jew.

After three years as a paratrooper serving in Lebanon and the West
Bank, he returned to the United States, got a masters degree in
international relations and began working on Wall Street.

Today, he's a first vice president at Merrill Lynch. He and his wife
Julie live on Central Park West, frequent the opera, sometimes
splurge on dinners at the Four Seasons and spend weekends at
their country home in Pennsylvania, where he keeps a practice firing
range.

On patrol duty in Israel, Leventen lives in a dusty tent with the 11
other reservists in his group, barely eats the vegetable and potato
mash that he is frequently served, and says he couldn't be happier.
He said he'll keep coming back until the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is
over.

"I'm aiming for two times a year for the next few years, as long as
the knees hold up," he said.

quackamodo

Jul 28, 2002, 2:31:34 PM7/28/02
Deal with Merrill Lynch,muslims suck.

Joseph Hertzlinger

Jul 28, 2002, 3:35:11 PM7/28/02
Why can't Muslims spell?

Gohary

Jul 29, 2002, 6:14:39 AM7/29/02
because we didn't have western teacher , and we donot need.

"Joseph Hertzlinger" <jher...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Joseph Hertzlinger

Jul 29, 2002, 10:57:48 PM7/29/02

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:14:39 +0300, Gohary <gohary...@link.net>
wrote:

>because we didn't have western teacher ,

Hmmm... If a centurion were to give you a language lesson at
swordpoint ...

From "Life of Brian":

|It says "ROMANS GO HOME!"
|
|No, it doesn't.

By the way, how did you learn any English?

>and we donot need.

Do you really think misspelled words will make your cause more
believable?

Gohary

Jul 31, 2002, 4:23:03 AM7/31/02

> Hmmm... If a centurion were to give you a language lesson at
> swordpoint ...

what is centurion ?!!! this is your thought about egyption ??!!!

> From "Life of Brian":
>
> |It says "ROMANS GO HOME!"
> |
> |No, it doesn't.

where is Romans now ?!!! haha

> By the way, how did you learn any English?

By Amircan movies

> >and we donot need.
>
> Do you really think misspelled words will make your cause more
> believable?

Do you wanna say that you never misspelled in english !!!
what about Arabic or Japaness or Frinch ...
mmm ....
may be my misspelled made my cause more believable if you think about it .

Joseph Hertzlinger

Aug 1, 2002, 12:22:57 AM8/1/02
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:23:03 +0300, Gohary <gohary...@link.net> wrote:

>> Hmmm... If a centurion were to give you a language lesson at
>> swordpoint ...
>

>what is centurion ?!!! this is your thought about egyption ??!!!
>

>> From "Life of Brian":
>>
>> |It says "ROMANS GO HOME!"
>> |
>> |No, it doesn't.
>
>where is Romans now ?!!! haha

They got tired of running the world and turned into Italians.

I eagerly await the day that Muslims make a similar decision.

If we take Rome as a model empire that has already expired, those
parts of Roman history that look eerily familiar to present-day
Americans occurred between the time of Tiberius Gracchus (an analog of
JFK) and the time of Crassus (an analog of H. Ross Perot). I think the
best analog for the Current Unpleasantness occurred about 100 BCE when
Rome was attacked by a bunch of barbarians nobody had heard of before
and was defended by Marius (who made his reputation by jailing a
previously untouchable crook and was subsequently known for
professionalizing the armed forces). In that case, we can expect it
will be five hundred years before Washington is sacked.

The Muslim world, on the other hand, resembles the Roman Empire of
Justinian. It had thoroughly collapsed a century earlier and had even
lost control of the area that had made the universal state possible.
(The Muslim equivalent is the fact that Turkey is now secular.) It was
limited to the core cultural area of the Aegean Sea and Anatolia and
the even more thoroughly decayed civilization of Egypt. It's as though
the American Empire of six hundred years from now consisted of Europe
and possibly the mid-east. Under Justinian, the Roman Empire made a
last feeble attempt to regain its lost glory while simultaneously
shutting down what was left of its intellectual life. It was unable to
keep out previously harmless peoples for long ... just as Muslims are
unable to keep Jews out of Israel.

Roman comparisons work both ways.

Gohary

Aug 1, 2002, 4:42:44 AM8/1/02

> >where is Romans now ?!!! haha
>
> They got tired of running the world and turned into Italians.
>
> I eagerly await the day that Muslims make a similar decision.
>
> If we take Rome as a model empire that has already expired, those
> parts of Roman history that look eerily familiar to present-day
> Americans occurred between the time of Tiberius Gracchus (an analog of
> JFK) and the time of Crassus (an analog of H. Ross Perot). I think the
> best analog for the Current Unpleasantness occurred about 100 BCE when
> Rome was attacked by a bunch of barbarians nobody had heard of before
> and was defended by Marius (who made his reputation by jailing a
> previously untouchable crook and was subsequently known for
> professionalizing the armed forces). In that case, we can expect it
> will be five hundred years before Washington is sacked.

i am agree with you in most what you say but what you say about Muslims is
not true may you mean Arab
in this case may i will agree with you also in most of it , but out side of
fighting on a net ,
i am egyption i meet some israeli guys in dahab and nweabaa thay are realy
nice like any egyption cool guys.
any way as Arab man i canot say i donot like jews ,there is Arab Jews but i
donot like Israeli system now .
maybe i like it later if thay change to peace . but now !!!!!
the main problem in my mind not religions at all , it is israeli system
mind who look to arab as shit not human.
and israeli mind come from west civilization (Roman).

> The Muslim world, on the other hand, resembles the Roman Empire of
> Justinian. It had thoroughly collapsed a century earlier and had even
> lost control of the area that had made the universal state possible.
> (The Muslim equivalent is the fact that Turkey is now secular.) It was
> limited to the core cultural area of the Aegean Sea and Anatolia and
> the even more thoroughly decayed civilization of Egypt. It's as though
> the American Empire of six hundred years from now consisted of Europe
> and possibly the mid-east. Under Justinian, the Roman Empire made a
> last feeble attempt to regain its lost glory while simultaneously
> shutting down what was left of its intellectual life. It was unable to
> keep out previously harmless peoples for long ... just as Muslims are
> unable to keep Jews out of Israel.
>
> Roman comparisons work both ways.

more talking and talking about The Muslim world , what is The Muslim
world????in your mind???
The Muslim world , The Jews world , The Tv world you guys made this names
and now you fight it.
so If i ganna use your ward "The Muslim world" may it mean all muslim
peaple , in this case i find what you say about muslim world
is so wrong and i donot need to deffend it , it is not my jop to let you
know what you donot wanna know (the truth).
which i really respect your thought about Roman but Roman gone . Muslim now
every where ,
and there is muslim hate other muslim more than hate other peaple .
we should keep the religions war away of us , and i think in this point both
of us know it is not useful .

Jeff

Aug 1, 2002, 7:49:40 AM8/1/02
UH OH!!! strider called for a boycott against Merill Lynch!!! They're
really in trouble now!!!

"Strider" <shura_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message