CONGRESS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZES RAMADAN

ElParedon

Oct 4, 2007, 11:37:10 PM10/4/07

US CONGRESS PASSES RAMADAN BILL

This is HISTORIC for American- Muslims and Muslims around the world. This is
the first time in history that the United States Congress will commemorate
and recognize the month of Ramadan as the Islamic holy month. The language
from the bill text is below for your viewing.

110th CONGRESS

1st Session - H. RES. 635

Recognizing the commencement of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting
and spiritual renewal, and commending Muslims in the United States and
throughout the world for their faith.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

September 5, 2007

Ms. EDDIE BERNICE JOHNSON of Texas (for herself, Mr. MEEKS of New York, and
Mr. KEITH ELLISON) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to
the Committee on Foreign Affairs

RESOLUTION

Recognizing the commencement of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting
and spiritual renewal, and commending Muslims in the United States and
throughout the world for their faith.

Whereas since the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11,
2001, threats and incidents of violence have been directed at law-abiding,
patriotic Americans of African, Arab, and South Asian descent, particularly
members of the Islamic faith;

Whereas, on September 14, 2001, the House of Representatives passed a
concurrent resolution condemning bigotry and violence against
Arab-Americans, American Muslims, and Americans from South Asia in the wake
of the terrorist attacks;

Whereas it is estimated that there are approximately 1,500,000,000 Muslims
worldwide;

Whereas Ramadan is the holy month of fasting and spiritual renewal for
Muslims worldwide, and is the 9th month of the Muslim calendar year; and

Whereas the observance of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan commences at
dusk on September 13, 2007, and continues for one lunar month: Now,
therefore, be it

Resolved, That--

(1) during this time of conflict, in order to demonstrate solidarity with
and support for members of the community of Islam in the United States and
throughout the world, the House of Representatives recognizes the Islamic
faith as one of the great religions of the world; and

(2) in observance of and out of respect for the commencement of Ramadan, the
Islamic holy month of fasting and spiritual renewal, the House of
Representatives acknowledges the onset of Ramadan and expresses its deepest
respect to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this
significant occasion.

^The Congress passed the resolution unanimously 376-0 on October 2,2007.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Venceremos

Oct 5, 2007, 2:55:41 PM10/5/07
On Oct 4, 11:55 pm, casca <@gabriels.ser> wrote:
> The sons of bitches would sell your or my mama for a penny or a pat on
> the back from bin Laden.
> They don't have one or they would sell them.
> Islam is responsible for Islamic Terrorists/Fundamentalists and
> Terrorism.

No it isn't, it is a faith of peace and love. You can easily see who
the murderers are: 5 million in Vietnam,amillion in Central America,
1,2 million in Iraq!