Facts About the American Civil Justice System

Raymond

Jul 21, 2008, 1:33:17 AM7/21/08
"It seems a stupid idea to keep a student 4 years in a medical college
to merely learn how to guess - and guess wrong. If ever I am deadly
ill I hope you will stand by me and bar out the doctors and let me die
a natural death. ...."
Doctors do know so little and they do charge so much for it.
--- Mark Twain

Insurance Premiums, Jury Verdicts, Tort Reform, Lawsuit Abuse

Real & Phony Lawsuits

The Truth.

What drives insurance rates has little to do with claims -- and has
everything to do with the profitability of the real business that
insurers are in: investing in stocks, bonds and real estate - An easy
to understand and informative article in the Miami Herald about the
causes of increases and decreases of insurance premiums

Facts About the American Civil Justice System

Another insurance industry advertising lie claims "lawsuit abuse" by
trial lawyers costs every household "$1200 in higher medical bills."
See what the Annenberg Political Fact Check says about this new lie
about medical malpractice claims.

Phony physicians are gravitating toward states that have capped
malpractice awards.

96 percent of malpractice cases never go to trial and are settled out
of court, according to data by the authors of the first Health Affairs
study. News reports about very large jury verdicts can be misleading,
they say, because the final award is often reduced substantially.

"The large jury awards that attract so much public attention actually
are rare events and comprise a very small portion of all malpractice
payments

"Greed is Good"
--- Gordon Gekko

The Truth.