Are you Slovenian?

Stephen G. Esrati

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
My novel, Comrades, Avenge Us, uses Slovenia as its
primary
site. It is where you will see that Slovenia was
the only country
in Europe that liberated itself from the Germans.
It will also tell
you something about the ancient Slovenian capital,
Celovec,
now deep inside Austria, and how it was liberated
by
Slovenian partisans from Austria, who were then
ordered
"home" to Slovenia where they had never been
before. And it
tells how the Slovenian partisans kept two German
armies (in
Italy and in the Balkans) apart. The book makes you
proud of
Slovenia.

--
Stephen G. Esrati
Author of COMRADES, AVENGE US, the gripping
page-turner about the search for Nazi war criminals
who tortured and killed American, Canadian, and
other Allied POWs. Much of the book is based on
reality. It is available from me for $7.50
(including shipping to U.S. addresses). Ask charges
for other destinations. VISA, MasterCard. For more
information, see my web page at
http://www.revanche-hoya.de/html/e3.html
or you may click on
http://members.tripod.com/~ShibaHill
PO Box 20130
Shaker Heights, OH 44120
(216) 561-9393

Vlado Bevc

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
Esrati -- eeee---srati? --- certainly has a sense of humor!
Of course, Slovenia was the country that made the Germans sign the surrender
at Rheims! Susloparoff signed for it....

Stephen G. Esrati

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
to Vlado Bevc
No, I did not mean that Slovenia defeated Germany. I meant that Slovenia was
the only nation in Europe to free itself without Soviet or other Allied troops.
I stand by that assessment.

Vlado Bevc wrote:

Europian

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Vlado Bevc je v sporočilu napisal ...

>Esrati -- eeee---srati? --- certainly has a sense of humor!
>Of course, Slovenia was the country that made the Germans sign the
surrender
>at Rheims! Susloparoff signed for it....

take a look in histori books, the last Wermacht general surrended in
Topolsica

LP Boris

Stephen G. Esrati

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
to Europian
In point of fact, fighting between Partisans and the Germans continued
long after May 8. There was fighting in Austria and there was fighting
on the Slovenian side of the Karawanken. I once read the memoir of an
SS man whose unit continued to fight until the 15th in order not to
fall into the hands of the Big Bad Rooshians. According to him he got
all the way back to Germany, where he surrendered to the Americans,
from Maribor.