American taste for soft toilet roll is worse than driving Hummers

1 view

Josiah Jenkins

Feb 27, 2009, 9:34:25 AM2/27/09
The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.

At fault, they say, is the US public's insistence on extra-soft,
quilted and multi-ply products when they use the bathroom.

"Making toilet paper from virgin wood is a lot worse than driving
Hummers in terms of global warming pollution."

"There is this myth in the US that recycled is just so low quality,
it's like cardboard and is impossible to use," said Lindsey Allen,
the forestry campaigner of Greenpeace.

"America is now a land of wussies. It's not so long ago that people
were content to recycle newspaper and catalogue pages for this
purpose. Nowadays they want soft, soft, soft."

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 10:01:00 AM2/27/09

"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message

> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.

And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
Probably.
It would take sand paper to remove the encrusted doodoo one finds around the
average Scotch orifice.
Anyway, on behalf of Americans everywhere, I do thank you for your pithy
observations.

Josiah Jenkins

Feb 27, 2009, 10:43:42 AM2/27/09
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:01:00 -0500, "conwaycaine"
<conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message
>> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
>> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
>> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.
>
>And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
>Probably.
>It would take sand paper to remove the encrusted doodoo one finds
>around the average Scotch orifice.

You speak from personal observation ?

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 10:46:13 AM2/27/09

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:01:00 -0500, "conwaycaine"
> <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
>>> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
>>> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.
>>
>>And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
>>Probably.
>>It would take sand paper to remove the encrusted doodoo one finds
>>around the average Scotch orifice.
>
> You speak from personal observation ?

Well you people do insist on wearing those short kilts and no underwear.
And I am assuming what you display to the world is not a groundhog, kept
under there for warmth in the winter.

Adam Whyte-Settlar

Feb 27, 2009, 10:54:47 AM2/27/09

"conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
All total bollox as usual.
Loo-roll is made primarily from Picea sitchensis - which is the main
commercial crop in the UK and is grown absolutely sustainably.
Not only that but the profits (probably non-existant these days I'll grant
you) that were made from this crop, following tax and government incentive
grant reforms in 1987, made it economicably feasible to plant countless
millions of native hardwood species around the plantation borders and
astride access roads to said crop and on vast areas of land removed from
agricultural production.
Using recycled paper lowers the market price for Picea sitchensis pulpwood
and has led to less native species being planted as a consequence.

Yet another reason to annihilate Islam.

Fred J. McCall

Feb 27, 2009, 11:15:11 AM2/27/09
"conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
:
:"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message
:

Yeah. Now pith off...

--
"Adrenaline is like exercise, but without the excessive gym fees."
-- Professor Walsh, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 12:06:04 PM2/27/09

"Adam Whyte-Settlar" <ador@ble> wrote in message

> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> "Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message

> All total bollox as usual.

> Loo-roll is made primarily from Picea sitchensis - which is the main
> commercial crop in the UK and is grown absolutely sustainably.
> Not only that but the profits (probably non-existant these days I'll grant
> you) that were made from this crop, following tax and government incentive
> grant reforms in 1987, made it economicably feasible to plant countless
> millions of native hardwood species around the plantation borders and
> astride access roads to said crop and on vast areas of land removed from
> agricultural production.
> Using recycled paper lowers the market price for Picea sitchensis pulpwood
> and has led to less native species being planted as a consequence.
> Yet another reason to annihilate Islam.

Am I to assume then that paper for the wiping of butts is a major Brit
export item?

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 12:06:37 PM2/27/09

"Fred J. McCall" <fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> :
> :"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message
> :news:33ufq4lu17qtbblnm...@4ax.com...
> :> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
> :> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
> :> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.
> :
> :And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
> :Probably.
> :It would take sand paper to remove the encrusted doodoo one finds around
> the
> :average Scotch orifice.
> :Anyway, on behalf of Americans everywhere, I do thank you for your pithy
> :observations.
> :
>
> Yeah. Now pith off...

How's that dried Mescal leaf working for you, Fred?

Fred J. McCall

Feb 27, 2009, 12:14:18 PM2/27/09
"conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
:
:Am I to assume then that paper for the wiping of butts is a major Brit
:export item?
:

As, apparently, is the thing to be wiped...

--
You are
What you do

Fred J. McCall

Feb 27, 2009, 12:15:23 PM2/27/09
"conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" <fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

:

Apparently better than for you, given the meth you're making of
everything lately...

--
"Yet here I sit, years of evildoing under my belt, and still a
happy camper."

Message has been deleted

HardySpicer

Feb 27, 2009, 2:16:19 PM2/27/09

News Paper

Charles Ellson

Feb 27, 2009, 2:59:23 PM2/27/09
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:41:11 +0000 (UTC), soupdragon <m...@privacy.com>
wrote:

>"conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in

>> "Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:33ufq4lu17qtbblnm...@4ax.com...
>>> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
>>> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
>>> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.
>>
>> And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
>

>Izal.

Not any more. ITYF that stuff is now a collector's item.

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 4:03:40 PM2/27/09

> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> :
> :Am I to assume then that paper for the wiping of butts is a major Brit
> :export item?
> :
>
> As, apparently, is the thing to be wiped...

I can remember once when one of the chief complaints of returning American
tourists was the rolls of cheap, scratchy cardboard the Yurps furnished with
their "Loo's".
Apparently, across the pond, one is not a man (or woman) unless one can
endure the agony of a daily rump scouring.

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 4:04:48 PM2/27/09

> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> :
> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :news:ib4gq49viqeo4386h...@4ax.com...
> :> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> :> :
> :> :"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in
> message
> :> :news:33ufq4lu17qtbblnm...@4ax.com...
> :> :> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
> :> :> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
> :> :> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.
> :> :
> :> :And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
> :> :Probably.
> :> :It would take sand paper to remove the encrusted doodoo one finds
> around
> :> the
> :> :average Scotch orifice.
> :> :Anyway, on behalf of Americans everywhere, I do thank you for your
> pithy
> :> :observations.
> :> :
> :>
> :> Yeah. Now pith off...
> :
> :How's that dried Mescal leaf working for you, Fred?
> :
>
> Apparently better than for you, given the meth you're making of
> everything lately...

Whiskey, Fred. I make whiskey.
(As have my forebears for generations past)

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 4:08:31 PM2/27/09

"soupdragon" <m...@privacy.com> wrote in message

> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
>

>> "Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:33ufq4lu17qtbblnm...@4ax.com...
>>> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more
>>> environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling
>>> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.
>>
>> And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
>
> Izal.

Off to Google then.
Ah, here it is.
(Happy wiping, gang)
******************************

Product Details:

Medicated strong toilet tissue

"For the best in family hygiene"

Fine, strong toilet tissue for hygienic cleansing which helps to kill
bacteria and germs, and aid better family hygiene.

Izal medicated toilet paper is produced from a renewable resource.

Not for the feint hearted, this toilet paper has been manufactured for many,
many years. Be in no doubt that this is not in any way soft like modern
toilet papers. Izal reminds us of the "tracing paper" style toilet paper you
used to find in school. Many people still use this as their toilet paper of
choice, however we sell it more as a novelty than anything else. We at the
Carbolic Soap Co. pride ourselves on testing all products before we sell
them so we can give an honest opinion on how the product performs, however
we have had to draw the line on this one!

conwaycaine

Feb 27, 2009, 4:10:18 PM2/27/09

"HardySpicer" <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote in message

News Paper

********

We used that one.
It's surprisingly soft when crumpled and recrumpled between the hands.
The printer's ink, however, might give your proctologist a start.

Peter Jason

Feb 27, 2009, 5:06:46 PM2/27/09

"Fred J. McCall" <fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> :
> :"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid>
> wrote in message
> :news:33ufq4lu17qtbblnm...@4ax.com...
> :> The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is
> causing more
> :> environmental devastation than the country's love of
> gas-guzzling
> :> cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green
> campaigners.
> :
> :And what do you enlightened Scots use, sand paper?
> :Probably.
> :It would take sand paper to remove the encrusted doodoo
> one finds around the
> :average Scotch orifice.
> :Anyway, on behalf of Americans everywhere, I do thank you
> for your pithy
> :observations.
> :
>
> Yeah. Now pith off...

I read once that toilet papers have to friable when wet to
disperse into the sewage system. Pages of telephone books,
cut-up pages of 'The Economist', onion-skin pages of the
average bible, rags, or even dried grass ten to clog up the
tubes and cause the toilet to back up.

Fred J. McCall

Feb 27, 2009, 5:19:44 PM2/27/09

:********
:
:We used that one.
:It's surprisingly soft when crumpled and recrumpled between the hands.
:The printer's ink, however, might give your proctologist a start.
:

Now you know why fish and chips tastes like that!

Elaine

Feb 27, 2009, 5:46:17 PM2/27/09
On Feb 27, 7:34 am, Josiah Jenkins <josiah-

I've experienced outhouses with catalogues, corncobs, etc.

My first visit to Scotland was immediately after Christmas several
years ago, so I packed a roll of toilet paper that had cartoon-like
Santa Claus faces all over it and exchanged it for the plain
stuff..........saying nothing about it. The family I was visiting
didn't think it was as funny as I did. In fact, I think they probably
thought I had a warped sense of humour. :(

Elaine

Peter Jason

Feb 27, 2009, 6:59:53 PM2/27/09

"Elaine" <elainef...@isp.com> wrote in message

Elaine

Dear Elaine,
If you are in to good taste please read on:
http://ava7.com/2006/10/funny-toilet-pictures.html

Cory Bhreckan

Feb 27, 2009, 7:24:14 PM2/27/09

You should have taken the George W. Bush roll.

--
"For the stronger we our houses do build,
The less chance we have of being killed." - William Topaz McGonagall

Josiah Jenkins

Feb 27, 2009, 7:39:47 PM2/27/09

He was on the dartboard !!!

Elaine

Feb 28, 2009, 2:00:32 AM2/28/09
On Feb 27, 4:59 pm, "Peter Jason" <p...@jostle.com> wrote:
> "Elaine" <elainefromdr...@isp.com> wrote in message
> If you are in to good taste please read on:http://ava7.com/2006/10/funny-toilet-pictures.html- Hide quoted text -

Some funny stuff. I guess I liked the management/employees outhouse
best, although they're all great!

Elaine

Elaine

Feb 28, 2009, 2:02:02 AM2/28/09
On Feb 27, 5:24 pm, Cory Bhreckan <corybhreckan@nospam_verizon.net>
wrote:
> The less chance we have of being killed." - William Topaz McGonagall- Hide quoted text -

Would've if I could've, but he wasn't president yet. :)

Elaine

conwaycaine

Feb 28, 2009, 10:17:07 AM2/28/09

> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> :
> :News Paper
> :
> :********
> :
> :We used that one.
> :It's surprisingly soft when crumpled and recrumpled between the hands.
> :The printer's ink, however, might give your proctologist a start.
> :
>
> Now you know why fish and chips tastes like that!

The thrifty Brits would recycle the newsprint.
King of the Greens, they are.

conwaycaine

Feb 28, 2009, 10:17:59 AM2/28/09

"Peter Jason" <p...@jostle.com> wrote in message

> "Fred J. McCall" <fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> :"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins@somewhere_else.invalid>

> I read once that toilet papers have to friable when wet to disperse into

> the sewage system. Pages of telephone books, cut-up pages of 'The
> Economist', onion-skin pages of the average bible, rags, or even dried
> grass ten to clog up the tubes and cause the toilet to back up.

Which is why every home should have a "Plumber's Friend".

Cory Bhreckan

Feb 28, 2009, 6:04:23 PM2/28/09

I didn't realise that it was an 'either or' situation.