How to assist the besieged Palestinians

Zionist

Apr 4, 2002, 8:03:15 PM4/4/02
La Voz de Aztlan
Los Angeles, Alta California
April 3, 2002

Dear Subscribers:

RE: How to assist the besieged Palestinians

We have received inquiries from our readers and
subscribers concerning how to assist the
besieged and suffering Palestinian people who
are presently in a state of urgent emergency.
Palestinian families are rapidly running out of
food, water and essential medicines as a cause
of the brutal Zionist military occupation.

Every national group, thank God, has people
of conscience. There are many good people
among La Raza, Americans, Blacks and yes
even among the Jews. They have always come
forward in defense of the human rights of people
in danger of extermination. Here in the U.S. there
were courageous Americans who ran the
"Underground Railroad" to protect Afro-American
slaves seeking freedom in the north and Mexico
was the beneficiary of the heroic actions of
Irish soldiers who gave their lives to fight the
U.S. Imperialists during the Mexican-American
War of conquest.

Below are three ways by which you can help if
it is within your means. We received the information
through a friend on the net. Please, always verify
for yourselves any information you receive from
anyone on the World Wide Web. The first is a way
as to how you can directly serve as a human shield
for the Palestinians against the racist Zionists. The
International Solidarity Movement (ISM) is led by
the Reverend Thom Saffold. There are pictures
of their actions at:
http://www.freepalestinecampaign.org/Pics%20Page.htm

The second way is to make a direct donation to
ISLAMIC RELIEF PALESTINE EMERGENCY.
There is a website below with information.

The third way is to join the increasing number of
demonstrations underway in the U.S. and the
world against the Zionist aggression. There is
a website link below with information on some of the
demonstrations.

*********************************

Dear People of Conscience,

Israel's Prime Minister Sharon seems intent on dealing
with suicide bombers by putting all Palestinians under
a massive military thumb and utterly repressing them,
not matter how many Palestinians die. As you know, he
justifies this as "defense" of Israeli citizens, yet
such utter repression will only motivate more and more
people to devote their lives to revenge.

Part of Sharon's plan is to force foreigners and
journalists to leave the major cities. High on his
list of foreigners to eject, undoubtedly, are members
of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM). These
brave citizens of Europe, America, Canada, Australia,
and other nations have committed the ultimate sin in
the minds of people like Sharon-they have protected
Palestinians from his wrath and focused media
attention on the true nature of the Occupation.

I helped organize the first ISM campaign in August.
Since then, the ISM has challenged the military
occupation and American media silence by using the
militant, nonviolent direct action methods of Martin
Luther King, Jr., Gandhi, and other strategists of
human rights campaigns. We have worked with
Palestinians and Israelis who share our commitment to
achieving peace with peaceful means, and justice by
speaking truth to power with our lives.

On Monday, Israeli soldiers fired live ammunition at a
peaceful demonstration led by ISM volunteers in Beit
Jala. There was no provocation, and seven people,
including two journalists, were wounded.

Since then, I have spent hours responding to over 50
Americans and several other people who are
VOLUNTEERING TO REINFORCE THE ISM by
traveling to Palestine NOW or in the near future.
Jews and Gentiles, nurses and students and doctors and
accountants, young and not-so-young, people are saying
"I saw the ISM at work on news broadcasts and am
inspired by their dedication to the best of human
ideals. I've never done anything like this before,
but I am determined to join them."

I am writing this to you to appeal for two things:

1. Perhaps you or someone you know would be willing
to become an ISM volunteer. It is dangerous work, and
according to Adam Shapiro, the Israelis are trying to
block people from entering the West Bank. However,
the ISM has strategies to deal with this. If you are
interested, please reply to this e-mail, or call me at
734-668-1549.

2. We are in DESPERATE need of money. We can send
more people if we have money to subsidize them, and,
as in the days of the Civil Rights Movement, we need
money for legal fees for our members who are arrested.
PLEASE send a generous donation to:

The Center for Creative Democracy
2084 Pauline Blvd. #2-B
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

This campaign began in the spirit of the great Selma
Campaign of 1965, and of Dr. King who urged
Northerners to stand in solidarity with thousands of
people standing up to injustice. The Palestinian
people are no less worthy of attaining their rights
than were African Americans. The circumstances of
their oppression are different than under Southern Jim
Crow society, but the tools for achieving justice are
the same: Standing up to violence with nonviolence,
challenging lies with truth, meeting murderous hatred
and racism with love and a willingness to die that all
people might be free.

Please respond.

Thom Saffold
Ann Arbor, MI
734-668-1549

**************************

ISLAMIC RELIEF PALESTINE EMERGENCY

Islamic Relief has offices in Gaza and has provided
medical aid and food for 177,000 people. Please RUSH
your donation to the innocent civilians suffering in
Palestine TODAY.

1-888-479-4968 www.irw.org

[It is advised to send unsigned money orders or cash
to:]

Islamic Relief
PO Box 6098
Burbank, CA 91510

DEMONSTRATIONS:

See http://www.iacenter.org/ for protest info SATURDAY,
APRIL 20, 2002, NATIONAL MARCH IN WASHINGTON
AGAINST WAR & RACISM! Also in San Francisco on April
20.

Forwarded by
La Voz de Aztlan
http://www.aztlan.net

Val Adams

Apr 4, 2002, 10:27:41 PM4/4/02

<fjkweh...@hjf98y9548.com> wrote:

> > NATIONAL MARCH IN WASHINGTON
> >AGAINST WAR & RACISM! Also in San Francisco on April
> >20.
>

> Where's the march to save civilians in Israel, Mr. Ghandi?

singularly appropriate choice of date in Frisco, though, you must admit...

--
"Trust in God; but keep your powder dry."

.

burford

Apr 4, 2002, 10:38:54 PM4/4/02
Yes, please support your local terrorists.
They need money for bombs, so indocrinated children can blow up
innocent Israeli citizens.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:03:15 -0600, "Zionist"
<fjkweh...@hjf98y9548.com> wrote:

<snip>

William S. Hubbard

Apr 5, 2002, 2:38:48 AM4/5/02
Wouldn't sending them to Allah help?
"Zionist" <fjkweh...@hjf98y9548.com> wrote in message

abdul hai

Apr 5, 2002, 4:51:25 AM4/5/02
I do have a problem I don't have much money but how can I assist the
people of Palestine

Peaceman

Apr 8, 2002, 4:46:46 PM4/8/02
I am truly shocked at the volume of hateful posts your appeal for
humanitarian aid has produced. Anyone posting in opposition to you should
be ashamed of themselves! We are all God's children. Your opponents need
an exorcism!

I.R.

Apr 8, 2002, 5:20:41 PM4/8/02
The Arab Terrorists Must be eliminated PERMANENTLY.

I am truly shocked and mortified at there are people on
this planet who are planning to be aiding and abetting
these Arab Terrorist Maggots.
These posters have no shame, no scruples, no moral
fiber whatsoever. These posters are condemning many
more Israelis to die a cruel death at the hands of the
surviving Arab Terrorist slime.

ir
"Peaceman" <Pe...@love.net> wrote in message

Peaceman

Apr 8, 2002, 7:09:06 PM4/8/02
Devil get out in the name of the Lord!

"I.R." <Let...@JustSayNoToPalestine.org> wrote in message

it Matter@teledanmark.mail.dk H.C. Andersen

Apr 8, 2002, 8:08:05 PM4/8/02
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:20:41 -0700, "I.R."
<Let...@JustSayNoToPalestine.org> wrote:

>The Arab Terrorists Must be eliminated PERMANENTLY.
>
>I am truly shocked and mortified at there are people on
>this planet who are planning to be aiding and abetting
>these Arab Terrorist Maggots.
>These posters have no shame, no scruples, no moral
>fiber whatsoever. These posters are condemning many
>more Israelis to die a cruel death at the hands of the
>surviving Arab Terrorist slime.

You can eliminate them by forcing them to eat ham and beer.

I.R.

Apr 9, 2002, 12:57:24 AM4/9/02
ok. just as long as the Arab Terrorists are eliminated
PERMANENTLY.

ir
"Peaceman" <Pe...@love.net> wrote in message

alhu...@remember-aayat.org

Apr 11, 2002, 6:08:39 PM4/11/02
On 5 Apr 2002 01:51:25 -0800, ahai...@yahoo.co.uk (abdul hai)
wrote:

>I do have a problem I don't have much money but how can I assist the
>people of Palestine

Donate to the Red Crescent.

J. Z. Al-Huriyeh
April progrom in Palestine