Request for help with a name

1 view

Firefly192

Oct 19, 2003, 12:32:21 PM10/19/03

I am sorry for the intrusion, but I found your group on the Internet while I
was searching for information about an artist named Francis de Erdely. There
is a drawing on ebay that they say is by him, but the signature is different.
I can send a photo of the signature in an email, if you are interested in
seeing it. It looks like the first name is Peggynek, and perhaps the next
name is indeed De Erdely as the seller says, and there are some letters
following that, preceded by a comma-- T e ...? Maybe about 4 letters... "T e
u s"? "T e r r"? Underneath is the date in Roman numberals 1940, and
"Detroit," which is the city in Michigan (U.S.A) where de Erdely lived after
immigrating from Hungary in the early 1900s.

Again, I apologize for bothering you, and I thank you very much for your
time. Also, what is the origin of "Peggynek"? Is it a diminutive for another
name?

Thanks again,
Stephanie
email: Firef...@aol.com
Berkeley, California
U.S.A.

Peter Z. Zsombolyay

Oct 19, 2003, 1:53:31 PM10/19/03
On 19 Oct 2003 16:32:21 GMT, firef...@aol.com (Firefly192) wrote:

>was searching for information about an artist named Francis de Erdely

Hi Stephanie,

follow me this way:

http://www.google.de

[the german google-server is slightly better for searching European
names than the US one (www.google.com)]

write in the text field the keywords you are looking for, w/o
quotation marks:
"Francis Erdely". You will get 633 hits, I paste here the first ten
records:

Francis De Erdely - Artist biography, image of painting, portrait ...
Francis De Erdely - Listing in AskART, an Internet artists directory
and search engine
featuring over 24000 North American painters, portraitists,
miniaturists ...
www.askart.com/artist/D/francis_de_erdely.asp?ID=8011 - 38k -

Francis De Erdely Artworks and Fine Art at arthistorynet.com
francis de erdely art artwork and indepth artistic information such as
paintings,
sculpture, photography A River Rouge, Detroit, 20th century Untitled
(Two ...
wwar.com/masters/e/erdely-francis_de.html - 15k -

FRANCIS de ERDELY (1904-1959) "Gitana " Oil on Canvas 36" x 30"
Signed. Click
here, to see next de Erdely painting. Michael Kizhner Fine Art Tel.
www.kizhner.com/california/de_Erdely.html - 3k -

FRANCIS de ERDELY (1904-1959) "The Model" Oil on Canvas 48" x 36"
Signed. Michael Kizhner Fine Art Tel. (310) 659-5222 Fax. (310 ...
www.kizhner.com/california/de_Erdely2.html - 3k -

Francis De Erdely Annex Galleries - Fine Prints ( American, ...
... Francis De Erdely. - Click Here To View Thumbnails -. ... Portrait
of Conrad Buff, Francis
De Erdely (unknown), $500.00, Full Details. Hide Thumbnails. ...
www.annexgalleries.com/cgi-bin/ gallery.cgi?Francis-De-Erdely - 10k -

FRANCIS DE ERDELY. "BLUE BIRD ". OIL ON CANVAS, SIGNED. AMERICAN, C.
1940. ... Francis
de Erdely 1904-1959. Francis de Erdely was born in Budapest, Hungary
in 1904. ...
www.papillongallery.com/sold/francis_de_erdely.html - 5k -

SANDRINE ERDELY-SAYO -
... Sandrine Erdely-Sayo is an honorary member of Darius Milhaud
International ... At the
Piano with: * Gabriel Faure. * Francis Poulenc. * Claude Debussy. *
Maurice ...
hometown.aol.com/erdelysayo/ - 37k -
REPERTORY ~ SANDRINE ERDELY-SAYO -
SANDRINE ERDELY-SAYO, pianist. Photo: Nicolas Piet. ... Francis de
Paule walking
on the water. Sonetto del Petrarca No104. MENDELSSOHN Variations
S?ieuses. ...
hometown.aol.com/erdelysayo/repertory.html - 31k -

Archives of American Art List of Collections -
... Learn More About This Collection De Erdely, Francis, 1904-1959
Francis
de Erdely papers, 1925-1968. Learn More About This Collection ...
artarchives.si.edu/listofcollections/index.cfm/
fuseaction/list.more/Letter/D - 93k -
Adams Fine Art -
... Curry, John Steuart. Cuthbert, Virginia. Dalstrom, Gustaf. de
Diego, Julio. de Erdely,
Francis. Dehn, Adolf. Delaney, Joseph. Drewes, Werner. Field, Lois.
Fiene, Ernest. ...
www.adamsfineart.com/artists_inventory.php - 28k - 17. Okt. 2003 -

HTH,

PZ