THE YEAR OF OBAMA...2009

casalao

Jan 20, 2009, 12:17:43 AM1/20/09
only in america where this kind of thing happens. tomorrow noon
eastern standard time here in the US, barack obama will be swearing in
as the 44th president of the United States of America.

today U2 did their gig at the washington mall to welcome him to
washington.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x40aFwTRtKU

casalao

Jan 20, 2009, 10:37:33 AM1/20/09
watch this history moment live
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ

Jan 20, 2009, 10:38:56 AM1/20/09

Ai yai casalao, even though both my wife and I voted for him, I just
can't help but feel that he may disappoint us in the years to come.
Before the election, he vowed to investigate Iraq-gate, CIA, Bush and
his gang. Just a few days before the inauguration, he was briefed by
the CIA and he came out saying that his administration will no longer
pursue this. This is a big disappointment to me. This clearly spells
out that the Presidency is above the law.

As far as the inauguration goes, it is happening not far from us at
all, but we have no intentions of attending even though we received
invitations. To be in a crowd of 2mil I think we'll have a better
view at home from our flat screen HD with unlimited supply of snack
and drinks. Incidentally my brother, being an Investigator for
Washington Metro Transit Police and was part of the security during
the MLK's Day met big O yesterday and said that big O was very
friendly and welcoming. I didn't know what else was he supposed to
expect from a politician.

Hak Pang,
TKM

casalao

Jan 20, 2009, 11:00:45 AM1/20/09
TKM,

i don't expect much from politicians. all i can say is that the last
eight years have been very horrible here in america and for the world
for that matter. just a few things: the current US economy is in
shambles, the global financial crisis, the bailout, the massive layoff
in many companies.

there is hope in the sense that americans can take a punch in the chin
and move on so long as they know what needs to be done.

also what is great about democracy is that it is chaotic sometimes but
it works most of the time. when i was back in the old muonglao, one
refrain i kept hearing from chatting with a few laonai folks there is
that democracy is a mess. just look at thailand. so Lao PDR is fine
with one party system. i don't know whether they spoke with firm
conviction and belief or just spew the usual party line.

in my mind, there's no question that democracy is far better than
anything out there. when i see something good, i also want it for my
country of birth.

DKJ

Jan 20, 2009, 11:45:59 AM1/20/09
Gentlemen,

I am watching the inaugurating ceremony right now
While the most of our Lao people are enjoying the celebration of the
60th Anniversary of Lao People Army Day in That Luang (new paved)
square with big salute fire right now too. They are really not
interested in western democracy as Casalao heard that they saw the big
mess in Thai democracy. I think they can say it again for you with the
firm conviction that Lao PDR is better by its own way.

dkj

Congrats Obama and his vice too...

ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ

Jan 20, 2009, 1:01:02 PM1/20/09
On Jan 20, 11:45 am, DKJ <dkj.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I am watching the inaugurating ceremony right now
> While the most of our Lao people are enjoying the celebration of the
> 60th Anniversary of Lao People Army Day in That Luang (new paved)
> square with big salute fire right now too.

Please share pictures of this celebration when you have opportunity.
Thank you.

Hak Pang,
TKM

pizone

Jan 20, 2009, 3:45:17 PM1/20/09
dkj,

i don't think most of lao people inside laos enjoy the celebration of
the 60th kongtab potpoy day like you said. most lao people don't care
about what this kongtab-potpoy is doing now. most lao people don't
care and don't want to know who are the commu leaders, who is the
minister of what kaxuang. who is doing what is all the same for them,
why should they care to know? they get bore of this long commu
government, tire of these long commu ruling people who lead the
country to nowhere.

if 'kan-jattang' or the local commu organizations don't force them to
attend at that-luang, they won't go to scream this nonsense 'somseuy,
somseuy, somseuy....'.

only minded-blind person says that "lao pdr is better..." . this only
can be true for the small group of people who called themselves lao
commu leaders... in fact, lao lpdr people never were better than
american people or even thai people. lao lpdr never will be better
than the free and democratic countries like the usa and thailand as
long as this one-party commu regime remains in laos.

pizone

casalao

Jan 20, 2009, 4:28:55 PM1/20/09
DKJ,

good to hear that you are watching the obama inauguration. what about
their excellencies PM Bouasone and President Choumaly?

so you are staying in vientiane and not going with thanouxay to geneva?

casalao

Jan 20, 2009, 4:48:37 PM1/20/09

ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ

Jan 20, 2009, 5:12:19 PM1/20/09
On Jan 20, 4:28 pm, casalao <casa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DKJ,

> so you are staying in vientiane and not going with thanouxay to geneva?

I nominate and vote for DKJ as eplacement for Thanouxay.

Hak Pang,
TKM

ລາວພວນ ລາວຮັກຊາດ

Jan 20, 2009, 11:45:55 PM1/20/09

Yeah TKM, when Republican President Bush in the white house
the CIA Hmong wearing army uniform to meet with President and
said "we are the CIA's allied, we fought side by side with American
GI,
we kills thousand and thousand of Communist-Pathetlao" .
Now when Democrat President Obama in the white house
the CIA Hmong will dress Hmong's uniform to meet with President and
said
"we are minority in Laos and we're heavenly smoke too, some of us be
able
to inhale the smoke from the mouth and exhale from the ass,
in matter fact Mr President our full name is Obahmong but we getting
tired
of Laophuan keep mis-spelling our names so that's why we call ourself
only
Hmong" have a nice day.....

ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ

Jan 22, 2009, 9:24:59 AM1/22/09

I don't see any connection, but I trust that what you are saying has
something to do with me nominating DKJ as replacement for Thanouxay?
lol

Hak Pang,
TKM

ລາວພວນ ລາວຮັກຊາດ

Jan 22, 2009, 12:35:24 PM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 6:24 am, ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ <laon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 11:45 pm, ລາວພວນ ລາວຮັກຊາດ <phet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 20, 2:12 pm, ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ <laon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
some of us be able to inhale the smoke from the mouth and exhale from
the ass,

Nell, the two has different skills but trust me both of them were true-
blue for the country

casalao

Jan 22, 2009, 12:44:21 PM1/22/09
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama began overhauling U.S. treatment
of terror suspects Thursday, signing orders to close the Guantanamo
Bay detention center, review military war crimes trials and ban the
harshest interrogation methods.
With his action, Obama started changing how the United States
prosecutes and questions al-Qaida, Taliban or other foreign fighters
who pose a threat to Americans — and overhauling America's image
abroad, battered by accusations of the use of torture and the
indefinite detention of suspects at the Guantanamo prison in Cuba.

"The message that we are sending the world is that the United States
intends to prosecute the ongoing struggle against violence and
terrorism and we are going to do so vigilantly and we are going to do
so effectively and we are going to do so in a manner that is
consistent with our values and our ideals," the president said.

The centerpiece order would close the much-maligned Guantanamo
facility within a year, a complicated process with many unanswered
questions that was nonetheless a key campaign promise of Obama's

casalao

Jan 22, 2009, 12:50:59 PM1/22/09
it's gonna take some time to clean up the mess created by those
********* neocons from the last 8 years.

and the financial mess and the jobless. i don't know how we are gonna
fix them. what a mess especially when created by them republicans who
have always said that they are fiscally and financially conservative.
the last 8 years have proven that they are not. they are above all
nasty profiteers even to the point of begging money from of all us the
tax payers. they have no shame. bastards.

Message has been deleted

DKJ

Jan 24, 2009, 5:04:19 AM1/24/09
> so you are staying in Vientiane and not going with Thanouxay to Geneva?

Casalao,

DKJ is still in Vientiane and will be in Vientiane for long & long
time
But sometime, you will see my post with different IP.
Do not be surprised about that (lol)

dkj

DKJ

Jan 24, 2009, 5:47:02 AM1/24/09
> I nominate and vote for DKJ as replacement for Thanouxay.

TKM,

Thanouxay will stay in the forum whereabouts he is
If you are talking about Mr. Yong, here is his successor’s photo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/culturelao/3222454928/

dkj

DKJ

Jan 24, 2009, 5:50:00 AM1/24/09
> Nell, the two has different skills but trust me both of them were true-
> blue for the country

Laopouan,

You are absolutely right for this time

dkj