Sausage Fest!

1 view

Brian J. Shin

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95

I hate to bring this up, but it really seems like this newsgroup is a sausage
fest! I mean, it appears that the majority of people on this group are guys!

The reason I mention this is that when my korean buds and I hang with other
korean people, it almost always seems that there are more guys than girls.

also, the girls aren't just korean. they usually range from chinese, to
japanese to whatever.

does this seem to be the case elsewhere? it is from my experience.
brian

Jeong-Gyun Shin

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
In article <3ueab7$8...@d2.tufts.edu>,

Brian J. Shin <bs...@allegro.cs.tufts.edu> wrote:

>I hate to bring this up, but it really seems like this newsgroup is a sausage
>fest! I mean, it appears that the majority of people on this group are guys!

From Shin to Shin,
(1) I am at blank as to why the name sausage fest,
(2) What if there are more guys than girls in this newsgroup?
(3) Basically, what is your point?

Rick

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
to bs...@allegro.cs.tufts.edu
bs...@allegro.cs.tufts.edu (Brian J. Shin) wrote:

>I hate to bring this up, but it really seems like this newsgroup is a sausage
>fest! I mean, it appears that the majority of people on this group are guys!

I'm glad you clarified your point =P

>The reason I mention this is that when my korean buds and I hang with other

>korean people, it almost always seems that there are more guys than girls.

When I go out for dinner or to party, I'm usually with more girls 3:1 ratio avg.
but very few K girls tho, your right.

>also, the girls aren't just korean. they usually range from chinese, to
>japanese to whatever.
>
>does this seem to be the case elsewhere? it is from my experience.
>brian

If a guy had a girlfriend, he would probably spend more time alone with her don't
you think?

Also there is some bond between guys, girls have the girls night out and so
do the guys.

Also For me: (other than,movies,dinner,parties,etc..) I also do various alternative
sports and stuff which women are less proned in doing, so more guys go.

It all depends on your social group/friends... I see some with more men, and
I see some with more women. If there is a korean thing involved I don't know =)

R.L.

APE Editing (kornet)

Jul 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/18/95
You're just hanging in the wrong places.

sam chin

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95
bs...@allegro.cs.tufts.edu (Brian J. Shin) writes:

>I hate to bring this up, but it really seems like this newsgroup is a sausage
>fest! I mean, it appears that the majority of people on this group are guys!

If you call a guys' gathering "sausage fest," what
would you call a congregation of girls? sicko :)

Rick

Jul 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/22/95
to sc...@netcom.com

I give up, what do you call it? A Sushi Party?

so is the majority guys? or are the women just really quiet?

Rick.