Reply: Palestine Times issue #73

shr...@concentric.net

Jul 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/28/97

REPLY from Palestine Times article author Khalid Amayreh follows:
shr...@concentric.net wrote:

> Re:
> :Palestinians Castigate Congress Decision
> : By: Khalid Amayreh
> :
> [...]
> :On Friday, 13 June, the Juma'a speaker at al Masjidul Aqsa (Aqsa
> :Mosque) launched a vitriolic attack at the decision by Congress
> :describing it as "provocative, obscene and diabolical."
> :
> :"This sinister decision is new proof, if proof is needed, of the
> :contempt with which the United States treats the Arab-Muslim world,
> :masses and regimes," said the speaker. However, he blamed Arab and
Muslim
> :leaders and peoples for giving "this Satanic force" sufficient reason
> :treat us lightly and not to take us seriously."
> :
> :"We have only ourselves to blame because we willingly accepted to be
> :subservient to the Americans in ways resembling the subservience of the
> :tail to the body," said the speaker, alluding to the close ties between
> :the United States and many Arab regimes.
>
> Please. The United States a "Satanic force"? By what standard do you
> determine this? The U.S. is arguably the freeist, most democratic
nation
> on earth--I don't know ANY Arab-Muslim nation that comes close to
> America's record on human rights and assistance to people around the
> world. Repression, persecution of ethnic and religious minorities, even
> slavery exist in your fair "world". Just because someone isn't your
> knee-jerking friend hardly implies a "Satanic force" is at work. How
> pathetic! You mean you palestinians let fools like that speak from your
> holy mosque? Yes, perhaps you do "have only [your]selves to blame"
after
> all.
>
> :In Hebron, Sheikh Nayef Rajoub argued that al Quds
(Jerusalem)represents

From: Khalid Amayreh
To: Shriker

Dear sir:

I welcome your comments, despit their spitful, vindictive and malicious
nature. You know we have accustomed to this kind of propaganda from
Zionist and pro-Zionist circles.

Therefore, I will seek to refute them point by point.

To begin with, you should recongnize that people may sincerely and
thoughtfully hold different ideas. As you know, Muslims and Jews hold
diametrically opposed ideas vis-a-vis the Question of Palestine. Both
sides have their own extremests, and, as I notice, you ostinsibly sound
very extremist. Indeed, you very well fit to be a Kahana Hay or Moledet
extremest. You may well be a Barouch Goldstein fan...a Jewish equivalent
of Hitler. (for your information there are many settlers in Hebron who
unashamnedly call themselves "Jewish Nazis, so I'm not being far-fetched.)
This is sad because Jews, who had been victims of Nazism, are now
emulating their former opressors by seeking to obliterate an entire
people, the Palestinians. Does this vidicate what Harry Truman said about
Jews That "Jews are like all under-dogs, when they get on the top they
become as mercileess and oppressive to their victims ans their former
oppressors were to them when they were underneath?"

As for American democracy, I agree with you that there is ample democracy
WITHIN the United States. However, it is no secret that the US has always
supported and continue to support despotic regimes throughout the world
purely for selfish considerations. You know well what kind of regimes we
have in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Algeria, Iraq, to mention a few countries.
These despotic regimes are kept in power precisely because of active
American backing. Hence, while the US may be democratic inside, it is very
despotic and very oppressive outside. It is a light unto itslef, an
abomination unto the world, just like the Zionists, the actual rulers of
America.

America is Satanic, and many Americans say so. A country whose modus
operandi of foreign policy is "hegemony, political and economic
enslavement" can be anything but trully democratic and trully humane. As
for US concerns for human rights, this is rubbish. Yes. of course, America
evokes this issue when it is expedient. However, when and if, as often,
the invoking of human rights is counterproductive to American and Israeli
policies, they just forget about.

Take, for example the racist Israeli regime, which practices apartheid in
its most insidious manner. Do you hear the White House talk about it, or
even allude to it?

I fully agree with you that most if not all Arab states are despotic. But
why does the United States, the self-proclaimed guardian of human rights,
encourages these states to be even more sinister and more despotic by
leading excellent working relations with them? Why doesn't the United
States, for example, order the Saudi monarch to show even a modicum of
concern for humanrights? The answer is clearly, greed and rapacity for
Saudi oil and money, meaning that concern for and about human rights is
sheer hypocrisy.

Of course, people like you, who sound "Arab-phobic" pitiful, vindictive
and malicious tone virulent. Beleiving otherwise, would be a sign of
irresponsibility and imaturity. largely you, I notice,may also really d
oppressive to their victims aAmerica is Satanic;man rights is inexpedient
maintaining So don't evoke the dubious issue of democracy because it just
doesn't stand on its own.trully If you are, then the future belongs to us
(Muslims) because evil will be eventually be defeated by good (this is
what the Tora of Moses says); and if you are not (meaning you care about
human rights and believe that all men are equal in the sight of God and
deserve democracy and human dignity) then this is also good for us becuase
Islam can readily live with people as such. So in both cases, it is good
for us. As of the misbegotten state called Israel, it has POLITICAL
LEGITIMACY because of the faith accompli and because of American hegemony
and Jewish control of American-policy making. But Israel has never had,
and will never have, ANY MORAL LEGITIMACY, because it was built at the
expense of another people. Therefore, a country as such will not have a
short life. I know how rightly insecure many Jews are. This is how a
thief must feel! And if indeed you feel like this, then this means you are
evil (evil is self-limiting and ultimately self-destructive) and should
have nothing to do with the sublime ideals of true Judaism.

As for Jerusalem and Palestine, I'd like to rid you of the illusion that
you are right. Palestine was only Jewish for no more than 150 years. It
was a Cannanite nation for so many centuries before the Romans, the
Greeks, and ultimately the Muslims took over it. Jerusalem is not a
distant third place for Muslims for the simple reason that Muslims are the
legitimate heirs of Moses, Solomon, and David. Do you really imagin that
"Godless breed of Holywood are the heirs of Moses and the Patriarchs?"

Yes, the Arab-Muslim nation may be having a hard time. So what. Nations go
through hard times, but rise again from the ashes. You must understand
that Israel is a small island in the midst of an Arab Muslim sea. Jews
cannot simply scrap us from the face of the earth. We are a billion and
five hundred Muslims, and within twenty years we will be two billion, one
fifth of the world's population. We will soon havem, not just an atomic
bomb, but so many nucleaur weapons, so Israel and American will not
threaten us forever. We don't like to have nuclear weapons. Indeed the
use of these weapons is against the ideals of our fiath. But when we see
Israeli arrogance and insolence, our instinct of survival is provoked. You
know there are some in Israel today who advocate "incinerating the
Palestinians...like Joshua did to Jericho..." By the way, Jews were the
perpetrators of the first holocaust and victims of the last. What do you
say, at least this is what the American writer Tom Pane says in his book
COMMON SENSE, or was he anti-Semitic?

Finally, I invite you to Islam, because Islam is the true heir of Judaism,
a religion which I respect, and which people like you corrupted it into a
racist, segregationalist, and particularist cult. By the way a
Conservative and Reformist Jew like you is considered a "Mumzir", an
unauthentic Jew in Israel, just for your information.

Best,

Khalid Amayreh

shr...@concentric.net

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97
to shr...@concentric.net

> From: Khalid Amayreh
> To: Shriker
>
> Dear sir:
>
> I welcome your comments, despit their spitful, vindictive and malicious
> nature. You know we have accustomed to this kind of propaganda from
> Zionist and pro-Zionist circles.
>
> Therefore, I will seek to refute them point by point.
>
> To begin with, you should recongnize that people may sincerely and
> thoughtfully hold different ideas. As you know, Muslims and Jews hold
> diametrically opposed ideas vis-a-vis the Question of Palestine. Both
> sides have their own extremests, and, as I notice, you ostinsibly sound
> very extremist. Indeed, you very well fit to be a Kahana Hay or Moledet
> extremest. You may well be a Barouch Goldstein fan...a Jewish equivalent
> of Hitler. (for your information there are many settlers in Hebron who
> unashamnedly call themselves "Jewish Nazis, so I'm not being far-fetched.)
> This is sad because Jews, who had been victims of Nazism, are now
> emulating their former opressors by seeking to obliterate an entire
> people, the Palestinians. Does this vidicate what Harry Truman said about
> Jews That "Jews are like all under-dogs, when they get on the top they
> become as mercileess and oppressive to their victims ans their former
> oppressors were to them when they were underneath?"

I believe you have confused me for one of your many real or imagined
enemies. I must state emphatically that I am not a fan of that Goldstein
fellow, and I don't even know what a Moledet is, though I take it from
the context that this is some kind of anti-arab group in Israel. I state
here unequivocally that I condemn all advocates, inciters, and
perpetrators of violence upon peaceful civilians and other non-violent
non-combatants. So I can hardly be termed an "extremist" unless you find
this view somehow extreme.

But forgive me if I do not see the "merciless and oppressive" Israelis
"seeking to obliterate an entire people" that you do. I've seen them
imprison palestinians that have committed murder rather than execute
them. I've seen them turn over cities and villages to local autonomy
over the last few years. I've seen Israel let palestinians working in
Kuwait return to the West Bank even after their support for that bastard
Saddam Hussein was expressed loud and clear. If, as you assert, these
Israelis are emulating Nazism, they have proven poor students indeed!

On the other hand, palestinians who chose the path of violence, who stab
people, blow up civilians and the like--I HAVE seen them oppressed by
Israel. In most of the world this is called justice, as you also should.
An educated man such as yourself, Mr. Amayeh, ought to recognize that you
have as little in common with such men as any Israeli American or
European; if one day they think you've crossed "the line", mark my words,
they will come after YOU too.

> As for American democracy, I agree with you that there is ample democracy
> WITHIN the United States. However, it is no secret that the US has always
> supported and continue to support despotic regimes throughout the world
> purely for selfish considerations. You know well what kind of regimes we
> have in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Algeria, Iraq, to mention a few countries.
> These despotic regimes are kept in power precisely because of active
> American backing. Hence, while the US may be democratic inside, it is very
> despotic and very oppressive outside.

Sure, America pursues its self-interest around the world, and this leads
us to support some nasty thugs. But a people, over the long term, always
gets the government it deserves. If the Saudis are intolerant and the
Iraqis are brutal it is mainly a symptom of the indolence, immaturity or
perfidity of their national culture which is borne up by and embodied in
the common man in every instance. When a nation comes of age the
collective will of the people can topple ANY oppressive regime. Blaming
America is but a convenient pastime for peoples throughout the world,
like your own, who will not stand up like men and seize their own
destiny.

> It is a light unto itslef, an abomination unto the world, just like the > >
> Zionists, the actual rulers of America. America is Satanic, and many
> Americans say so. A country whose modus operandi of foreign policy is
> "hegemony, political and economic enslavement" can be anything but trully
> democratic and trully humane. As for US concerns for human rights, this is
> rubbish. Yes. of course, America evokes this issue when it is expedient. >
> However, when and if, as often, the invoking of human rights is
> counterproductive to American and Israeli policies, they just forget about.
>
> Take, for example the racist Israeli regime, which practices apartheid in
> its most insidious manner. Do you hear the White House talk about it, or
> even allude to it?

Now here you've gone off the deep end. I repeat (and please let this
sink in a bit, because it is the fundamental point I'm trying to convey
to you): just because someone isn't your knee-jerking friend doesn't
make them "evil" or "Satanic" or an "abomination" even particularly
naughty. Your use of these emotionally-charged pseudo-religious terms
debases the English language and defames the Islamic faith which in no
way supports you in this campaign of what must be termed slander and
hatred in the guise of journalism.

As far as America's foreign policy is concerned, I refer you to my
previous statement above regarding the need for honorable men to avoid
blaming others for one's own internal weaknesses.

The part about Jews being America's "actual rulers" contradicts your
earlier statement which confirmed America's solidly democratic character.
Remember, just a few sentences ago you said: "As for American

democracy, I agree with you that there is ample democracy WITHIN the

United States." which solidly demolishes your argument! But to address
your point directly, Jews have indeed become influential in American
public life. So what? They have done so by behaving creditably and
earning the trust placed in them by and large. There are also many Arabs
honorably serving in American government. I pity your inability to see
people as individuals, only as part of some monolithic group stereotype.
This is the kind of mindset I would expect only from an avowed racist.

> I fully agree with you that most if not all Arab states are despotic. But
> why does the United States, the self-proclaimed guardian of human rights,
> encourages these states to be even more sinister and more despotic by
> leading excellent working relations with them? Why doesn't the United
> States, for example, order the Saudi monarch to show even a modicum of
> concern for humanrights? The answer is clearly, greed and rapacity for
> Saudi oil and money, meaning that concern for and about human rights is
> sheer hypocrisy.

These are internal matters for the Umma to deal with, if it can.

We "Satanic" Americans in this decade alone have saved the Muslim Kurds
and Kuwaitis from Saddam, saved the Muslim Somalis from starvation, and
saved the Muslim Bosnians from annihilation. Have you ever written an
article praising America for its expenditure of blood and treasure in
service to the Umma? My guess, from the tenor of your rants, is 'no'.

> Of course, people like you, who sound "Arab-phobic" pitiful, vindictive
> and malicious tone virulent. Beleiving otherwise, would be a sign of
> irresponsibility and imaturity. largely you, I notice,may also really d
> oppressive to their victims aAmerica is Satanic;man rights is inexpedient
> maintaining So don't evoke the dubious issue of democracy because it just
> doesn't stand on its own.trully If you are, then the future belongs to us
> (Muslims) because evil will be eventually be defeated by good (this is
> what the Tora of Moses says); and if you are not (meaning you care about
> human rights and believe that all men are equal in the sight of God and
> deserve democracy and human dignity) then this is also good for us becuase
> Islam can readily live with people as such. So in both cases, it is good
> for us. As of the misbegotten state called Israel, it has POLITICAL
> LEGITIMACY because of the faith accompli and because of American hegemony
> and Jewish control of American-policy making. But Israel has never had,
> and will never have, ANY MORAL LEGITIMACY, because it was built at the
> expense of another people. Therefore, a country as such will not have a
> short life. I know how rightly insecure many Jews are. This is how a
> thief must feel! And if indeed you feel like this, then this means you are
> evil (evil is self-limiting and ultimately self-destructive) and should
> have nothing to do with the sublime ideals of true Judaism.

So you self-righteously declare that a country built at the expense of
another people has no MORAL LEGITIMACY and never will. Well then, in the
interest of furthering all that is moral and good you must advocate the
Turks evacuating Asia Minor, giving Anatolia back to the Armenians and
Byzantines (if any are left) and returning to Central Asia. Next, the
Arabs simply must give back North Africa to the Berbers, Copts, and black
Sudanese! Finally, to be fully MORAL and LEGITIMATE the Arabs also must
also vacate the entire Fertile Crescent and return it to the Assyrians,
Kurds, Maronites, Ammonites, and Babylonian descendents (if remnants
remain) who are after all the rightful owners, and, yes, the Sephardic
JEWS too--why, the Arabs can then return to Arabia a completely MORAL
people with a long bright future ahead of them. Won't it be great when
this all happens?

> As for Jerusalem and Palestine, I'd like to rid you of the illusion that
> you are right. Palestine was only Jewish for no more than 150 years. It
> was a Cannanite nation for so many centuries before the Romans, the
> Greeks, and ultimately the Muslims took over it. Jerusalem is not a
> distant third place for Muslims for the simple reason that Muslims are the
> legitimate heirs of Moses, Solomon, and David. Do you really imagin that
> "Godless breed of Holywood are the heirs of Moses and the Patriarchs?"

Last time I checked my Bible, Moses Solomon and David were all Jews. Can
education be that bad where you grew up? Where in the Koran is Jerusalem
mentioned as a holy site in Islam? Nowhere; you are misrepresenting Islam
yet again. Have you no shame?

> Yes, the Arab-Muslim nation may be having a hard time. So what. Nations go
> through hard times, but rise again from the ashes. You must understand
> that Israel is a small island in the midst of an Arab Muslim sea. Jews
> cannot simply scrap us from the face of the earth. We are a billion and
> five hundred Muslims, and within twenty years we will be two billion, one
> fifth of the world's population. We will soon havem, not just an atomic
> bomb, but so many nucleaur weapons, so Israel and American will not
> threaten us forever. We don't like to have nuclear weapons. Indeed the
> use of these weapons is against the ideals of our fiath. But when we see
> Israeli arrogance and insolence, our instinct of survival is provoked. You
> know there are some in Israel today who advocate "incinerating the
> Palestinians...like Joshua did to Jericho..." By the way, Jews were the
> perpetrators of the first holocaust and victims of the last. What do you
> say, at least this is what the American writer Tom Pane says in his book
> COMMON SENSE, or was he anti-Semitic?

Thomas Paine lived in the 18th Century, so how could he say Jews were
victims of the last holocaust, as you put it? Either you're joking,
lying or you have a remarkably weak mind. I intend to send a copy of your
letter to the New York Times, which, in a hastily researched article that
ran this Monday, respectfully referred to you as a journalist.

> Finally, I invite you to Islam, because Islam is the true heir of Judaism,
> a religion which I respect, and which people like you corrupted it into a
> racist, segregationalist, and particularist cult. By the way a
> Conservative and Reformist Jew like you is considered a "Mumzir", an
> unauthentic Jew in Israel, just for your information.

Why would I or anyone care to adopt your brand of Islam when incitements
to violence issue forth from a supposedly holy site (according to your
article in issue PT#73), and no one dares to speak the truth? Islam as
practiced by the palestinians is a religion held hostage, perverted by
your nationalism. May the true Muslims of the world open your eyes
someday to the corruption in your soul.

Incidentally, the fantastic assumption that I and others who would agree
with me must be Jewish (you've even got a sect picked out for me!) is
another symptom of your delusion. Judaism, a religion you obviously do
not at all respect, does not corner the market on common sense and
decency, and I assure you that millions and millions of Catholic and
Protestant Americans aren't likely to join YOUR side any time soon,
whatever they think of Israel's policies.