Nominations for Stupidest Thread of 1999 CE

Don Shelman

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
guys - this one doesn't count.

I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but either
Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out of
the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything "JewFart"
this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.

Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too, but I
fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).

Don

Susan Cohen

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00

Don Shelman wrote:

> I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> guys - this one doesn't count.
>
> I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but either
> Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out of
> the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything "JewFart"
> this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.

Call it a limited memory, but I like the one where the bigot "polina"
wanted to know if the naked loon who slashed up the British
church was circumcized - s/he kept insisting that his name wasn't
being released because he was obviously not "white" & from there
went to the stale & tired "Jews control the media", only to be asked
for proof which s/he didn't even make an attempt to provide. Most
of the goofballs at least (you'll pardon the expression) make a stab
at it.

Susan

Jackie Cappiello

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
My own nomination would include any thread in which moshe joester
injects his stupid keyboarding. It soon degenerates into bashing from
both sides. As soon as he enters a thread, from now on I kill it.
Sorry Susan, even you good replies to him get lost, but I get enough of
the evangelicals in real life. I come to this newsgroups, as I go to
services, to get away from them. (Trip to Israel was fantastic, BTW.)

Don Shelman wrote:

> I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> guys - this one doesn't count.
>
> I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but either
> Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out of
> the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything "JewFart"
> this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.

Susan Cohen

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00

Jackie Cappiello wrote:

> (Trip to Israel was fantastic, BTW.)

Hey - did I miss your report??

Susan

Jeremy Mallin

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
[posted by Don Shelman]
"Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com> wrote in message

> I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> guys - this one doesn't count.
>
> I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but
either
> Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out
of
> the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything "JewFart"
> this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.
>
> Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too, but
> fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).
>
> Don

I would think it must be the entire collection of threads in which one poor,
misguided, ANONYMOUS soul posted all kinds of warnings of the world's
imminent destruction on ever changing dates. In one such post he was
confused enough to say that we must all accept Jesus as our one true savior
and then he himself gave thanks to Allah. Mistake? Confusion? Bad acid?

Douglas W. Jones,201H MLH,3193350740,3193382879

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
From article <cuUc4.5231$VZ2....@news1.alsv1.occa.home.com>, by "Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com>:

> I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> guys - this one doesn't count. ...

> Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too, but I
> fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).

Daniel "KOT" Min wins in both categories, hands down, as
far as I'm concerned.

Doug Jones
jo...@cs.uiowa.edu

Jeremy Mallin

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
[posted by Don Shelman]
"Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> guys - this one doesn't count.
>
> I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but
either
> Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out
of
> the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything "JewFart"
> this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.
>
> Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too, but
> fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).
>
> Don

Perhaps we should also nominate best threads. I liked the one about driedle
games and the rules thereof.

Jackie Cappiello

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
No, all I can say is I'm starting to save up for a longer trip next
time. At least one month in Jerusalem alone. I kept a diary of all the
things I saw and experienced, but it is much too lengthy to post here.

moshe

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00

Jackie Cappiello wrote:

> My own nomination would include any thread in which moshe joester
> injects his stupid keyboarding.

**************

I nominate the following post by Al Haderach.
By quoting those sources, he violated the
rules of this newsgroup, and not one
of you complained about it:

_____________________________

Subject: Re: Uncomfortable Question 17
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 01:04:24 GMT
From: Al Haderech <alhad...@my-deja.com>
Newsgroups: soc.culture.jewish

[snip]

Preach it Mr. Lorr, "There is none that doeth good, no not one."

[snip]

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

[snip]

_________________

Simcha Streltsov

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
Susan Cohen (fla...@his.com) wrote:

: wanted to know if the naked loon who slashed up the British

: church was circumcized - s/he kept insisting that his name wasn't

hm, I thought he was a self-taught mohel-in-training. Most probably,
he first started on himself, but still - a sword ... he may have been
of a high opinion of himself!!

--
Simcha Streltsov disclaimer, as requested by Mo-he S-rr
simc...@juno.com all punctuation marks in this article

Moshe Shulman

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 14:20:30 +0100, moshe <joester...@earthlink.com> wrote:
>Jackie Cappiello wrote:
>> My own nomination would include any thread in which moshe joester
>> injects his stupid keyboarding.
>**************
>I nominate the following post by Al Haderach.
>By quoting those sources, he violated the
>rules of this newsgroup, and not one
>of you complained about it:

Only Jews and members of scj in good standing have the right to nominate. You
lose on both.

moshe shulman mshu...@NOSPAMix.netcom.com 718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254

debra leone

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00

I liked the "My favorite prayer" thread.

debra

Susan Cohen

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00

moshe wrote:

> Jackie Cappiello wrote:
>
> > My own nomination would include any thread in which moshe joester
> > injects his stupid keyboarding.
>
> **************
>
> I nominate the following post by Al Haderach.
> By quoting those sources, he violated the
> rules of this newsgroup, and not one
> of you complained about it:

As usual, you deliberately ignore the important part,
&, in this case, you snipped it out - i.e., the context.

By quoting, he was pointing out exactly what the
offender was really doing. Rather than proselytizing,
as you are so desperately trying to pretend, he was
mocking. However rude that might be, it was
brought on solely by the poster previous to Al.

Susan

Susan Cohen

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00

"Douglas W. Jones,201H MLH,3193350740,3193382879" wrote:

> From article <cuUc4.5231$VZ2....@news1.alsv1.occa.home.com>, by "Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com>:

> > I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,

> > guys - this one doesn't count. ...

> > Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too, but I
> > fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).
>

> Daniel "KOT" Min wins in both categories, hands down, as
> far as I'm concerned.

I'd have to agree - except maybe when Scott Bradbury posts
nonsense just to us - as though we were going to be convinced....

Susan

moshe

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00

Moshe Shulman wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 14:20:30 +0100, moshe <joester...@earthlink.com> wrote:
> >Jackie Cappiello wrote:
> >> My own nomination would include any thread in which moshe joester
> >> injects his stupid keyboarding.
> >**************
> >I nominate the following post by Al Haderach.
> >By quoting those sources, he violated the
> >rules of this newsgroup, and not one
> >of you complained about it:
>

> Only Jews and members of scj in good standing have the right to nominate. You
> lose on both.

**********

But haven't you declared that I am an
apostate Jew, and that I am going to
gehinnom because of it?

moshe

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00

Susan Cohen wrote:

> moshe wrote:
>
> > Jackie Cappiello wrote:
> >
> > > My own nomination would include any thread in which moshe joester
> > > injects his stupid keyboarding.
> >
> > **************
> >
> > I nominate the following post by Al Haderach.
> > By quoting those sources, he violated the
> > rules of this newsgroup, and not one
> > of you complained about it:
>

> As usual, you deliberately ignore the important part,
> &, in this case, you snipped it out - i.e., the context.
>
> By quoting, he was pointing out exactly what the
> offender was really doing. Rather than proselytizing,
> as you are so desperately trying to pretend, he was
> mocking. However rude that might be, it was
> brought on solely by the poster previous to Al.
>
> Susan

**************

Wrong.

The words that Al used have never been
spoken by Roy.

Roy was not saying anything about the NT.

Roy has actually said that he does not believe in
the NT.

Roy has actually encouraged me to read
a book which discredits the NT.

So no way was Al repeating anything that he
ever heard from Roy.
Quite the opposite.
Al was saying something that Roy would
never say because Roy doesn't believe such.

Joseph Hertzlinger

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00

Scott Bradbury is the clear winner of the "stupidest post ever" award
for his complaint that only Jews are permitted to join synagogues,
but that was in 1998.

BTW, how could we ever forget Matt Nuenke?

Lisa

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:03:20 GMT, "Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com>
wrote:

>I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
>guys - this one doesn't count.
>

>I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but either
>Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out of
>the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything "JewFart"
>this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.

Huh! I must have missed that. Once I kill a thread, I never see the
rest of it.

>Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too, but I
>fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).

Too many to count.

Lisa

Jeremy Mallin

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
Before we get too carried away - may I again suggest that we also nominate
BEST or FAVORITE threads? Again I nominate the one about dreidel games and
the rules thereof.

"Jeremy Mallin" <jere...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

> [posted by Don Shelman]
> "Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com> wrote in message

> > I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> > guys - this one doesn't count.
> >
> > I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but
> either
> > Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came out
> of
> > the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything
"JewFart"
> > this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.
> >

> > Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too,
but
> > fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).

Jeremy Mallin

Jan 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/14/00
[posted by Douglas]
"Douglas W. Jones,201H MLH,3193350740,3193382879" <jo...@cs.uiowa.edu> wrote
in message news:852gra$bma$1...@flood.weeg.uiowa.edu...

Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com>:
> > I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce. Sorry,
> > guys - this one doesn't count. ...

> > Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too,
but I
> > fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).
>
> Daniel "KOT" Min wins in both categories, hands down, as
> far as I'm concerned.
>
> Doug Jones
> jo...@cs.uiowa.edu

I agree that this person has been quite entertaining (unintentionally I
presume). I wonder what he's going to do now that the sun is no longer in
Sagitarius (or whatever it was he said) and the world actually still exists?

I'm actually grateful for the entertainment.

Adelle Stavis

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
One of my favorites was "is goat kosher?" Also liked "What is your favorite
prayer?"

But to be honest, my favorite posts are the ones that jump from the thread
into puns, silliness, and other off topic directions.

While I appreciate serious discussion, a little levity goes a long way.

Adelle Stavis

> Before we get too carried away - may I again suggest that we also nominate
> BEST or FAVORITE threads? Again I nominate the one about dreidel games and
> the rules thereof.
>

> "Jeremy Mallin" <jere...@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> > [posted by Don Shelman]
> > "Don Shelman" <don-s...@Home.com> wrote in message

> > > I'd like to take nominations for the stupidest thread of 1999ce.
Sorry,
> > > guys - this one doesn't count.
> > >

> > > I nominate "JewFart". It started out as something else entirely, but
> > either
> > > Lisa or Debra said something about Yassir Arabfart and this guy came
out
> > of
> > > the woodwork demanding translated Talmud and calling everything
> "JewFart"
> > > this and "JewFart" that. Damn thread went on for freaking ever, too.
> > >

> > > Other nominations? I suppose we *could* cite stupidest posters, too,
> but
> > > fear the same names would show up over and over (including mine <g>).

Jeremy Mallin

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
Thank you Adelle,

I also liked the thread where everyone was talking vidth a yiddish accent
and saying "vat, a Jew should answer de qvestion vidth anodder qvestion?" If
I may nominate more than one for best or favorite thread, I would nominate
this one too.

[posted by Adelle]
"Adelle Stavis" <Nospamcu...@mediaone.net> wrote in message