Ding Dong the Cardinal's Dead

Fred Cherry

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
rich...@library.tmc.edu writes:

>On 5 May 2000 02:54:24 GMT, Big Scary Lesbian <bli...@panix.com>
>wrote:

>>David W. Fenton wrote:
>>
>>> The coverage on WYNC and NPR this morning made me nearly puke.
>>
>>> I asked myself the very question you allude to: why is it that,
>>> once dead, the most evil people are immoderately praised?
>>
>><Brian Vogel>
>>He *meant* *well*.
>></Brian Vogel>

>How many people on this planet are truly evil, through and through,
>with no redemptive qualities whatsoever? I'm sure that in a population
>of six billion there's a good half dozen. I'd be surprised, however,
>if there are many more than that.

>rpj

According to all the faggots in this newsgroup, and the faggots who own
and run panix.com. I am one of them. You faggots just cannot put up with
my opposition to NAMBLA, your favorite organization.

jo...@world.std.com (Fred Cherry)

Grand Duke of Yugoslobia
Duke of Vulgaria
Grand Muff-Diver of Jerusalem
& Elector of Homophobia

Fred Cherry

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
dfe...@bway.net (David W. Fenton) writes:

>Cocktails of celebration will be consumed in immoderation Friday
>evening.

>--
>David W. Fenton http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
>dfenton at bway dot net http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc

This thread originates in soc.motss, the largest and most popular
newsgroup among faggots. I have crossposted it to other newsgroups to show
non-faggots just what kind of people faggots really are.

frank w elliott jr

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
In alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic Fred Cherry <jo...@world.std.com> wrote:
:>How many people on this planet are truly evil, through and through,

:>with no redemptive qualities whatsoever? I'm sure that in a population
:>of six billion there's a good half dozen. I'd be surprised, however,
:>if there are many more than that.

:>rpj

: According to all the faggots in this newsgroup, and the faggots who own
: and run panix.com.

No, you're not evil.

The people who run panix.com, many of whom are straight, consider you a pain
in the ass.

By the way, how's your health? I hope it's improving.

Frank

Fred Cherry

May 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/13/00

In Message-ID: <j5VS4.18$Ja4...@typhoon.nyu.edu>
Subject: Re: Ding Dong the Cardinal's Dead
Newsgroups: soc.motss,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,
soc.culture.jewish,alt.flame,alt.flame.faggots
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:05:51 GMT

frank w elliott jr <ell...@math2.cims.nyu.edu> wrote:

> In alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic Fred Cherry
> <jo...@world.std.com> wrote:
> :>How many people on this planet are truly evil, through and through,
> :>with no redemptive qualities whatsoever? I'm sure that in a population
> :>of six billion there's a good half dozen. I'd be surprised, however,
> :>if there are many more than that.
>
> :>rpj
>
> : According to all the faggots in this newsgroup, and the faggots who own
> : and run panix.com.
> No, you're not evil.

You are misquoting me. Here is EXACTLY what I said:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

According to all the faggots in this newsgroup, and the faggots who own

and run panix.com. I am one of them. You faggots just cannot put up with
my opposition to NAMBLA, your favorite organization.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

> > The people who run panix.com, many of whom are straight, consider you a
> > pain in the ass.
>

> Once again

Let's look at the record:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

From: gen...@panix.com (Gita Enders)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Subject: Re: I hope that we are careful out there...
Date: 25 Feb 1995 15:01:13 -0500
Messag -ID: <3io2a9$o...@panix.com>

Alexis Rosen writes:

Good ol' Roy Radow of Nambla? Never thought I'd miss him when he left.
You never can tell...

Fred Cherry (jo...@panix.com) quotes mail received from staff:

: If you continue your current tendency of posting what you think
: is just barely inside our tolerance for poor netiquette that
: behavior alone will push you over the edge.

I don't know where I got this idea, but I thought Panix stood for free
speech. Of course, part of Panix's right to free speech is the right not
to carry Fred, so its a muddled issue.

Where is Roy Radow when you need him?

-------------------------------------

bash$ pfinger roy

Login Name: roy Full Name: Roy Radow
Directory: /net/u/5/r/roy Shell: /usr/local/bin/ksh
Last login Wed Jan 18 14:51:29 on panix2.panix.com ttyre from 192.100.81.130.
No mail information available.

Gita "if you can't stand the flame, get out of the newsgroup" Enders

From: ila...@panix.com (Liz Stokes)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: 27 Feb 1995 11:45:00 -0500

What was that gen...@panix.com (Gita Enders) said? oh yes...
>Alexis Rosen writes:
>
>Good ol' Roy Radow of Nambla? Never thought I'd miss him when he left.
>You never can tell...
>
>Fred Cherry (jo...@panix.com) quotes mail received from staff:
>
>: If you continue your current tendency of posting what you think
>: is just barely inside our tolerance for poor netiquette that
>: behavior alone will push you over the edge.
>
>I don't know where I got this idea, but I thought Panix stood for free
>speech. Of course, part of Panix's right to free speech is the right not
>to carry Fred, so its a muddled issue.
>
>Where is Roy Radow when you need him?

>-------------------------------------
>
>bash$ pfinger roy
>
>Login Name: roy Full Name: Roy Radow
>Directory: /net/u/5/r/roy Shell: /usr/local/bin/ksh
>Last login Wed Jan 18 14:51:29 on panix2.panix.com ttyre from 192.100.81.130.
>No mail information available.
>
>-------------------------------------
>
>Well, that should cheer Alexis up...

You're point being? Roy wasn't asked to leave. His postings may have been
offensive to many but he posted them in the correct places for that kind of
thing. He wasn't in any danger of being tossed off for cause. Or is it that
you think we aren't entitled to personal opinions about our users, or our
users opinions? Lord knows I have a few...

-Liz

--
Liz Stokes | Hey! Where am I going?
Ilaine de Cameron |
ila...@panix.com |

From: d...@panix.com (Don Samek)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: 28 Feb 1995 12:35:36 -0500

ila...@panix.com (Liz Stokes) writes:

>What was that gen...@panix.com (Gita Enders) said? oh yes...

>>I don't know where I got this idea, but I thought Panix stood for free
>>speech. Of course, part of Panix's right to free speech is the right not
>>to carry Fred, so its a muddled issue.
>>
>>Where is Roy Radow when you need him?
>
>>-------------------------------------
>>
>>bash$ pfinger roy
>>
>>Login Name: roy Full Name: Roy Radow
>>Directory: /net/u/5/r/roy Shell: /usr/local/bin/ksh
>>Last login Wed Jan 18 14:51:29 on panix2.panix.com ttyre from 192.100.81.130.
>>No mail information available.
>>
>>-------------------------------------
>>
>>Well, that should cheer Alexis up...
>
>You're point being? Roy wasn't asked to leave.

That _is_ the point Liz.

> His postings may have been
>offensive to many but he posted them in the correct places for that kind of
>thing.

You're kidding, right? Did you regularly follow his posts?

> He wasn't in any danger of being tossed off for cause.

Again, that _is_ the point.

> Or is it that
>you think we aren't entitled to personal opinions about our users, or our
>users opinions? Lord knows I have a few...

This has nothing to do with _personal_ opinions, but rather business
opinions/decisions.

- Don

From: jo...@panix.com (Fred Cherry)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: 28 Feb 1995 12:40:48 -0500

In <3isvic$8...@panix.com> ila...@panix.com (Liz Stokes) writes:

>You're point being? Roy wasn't asked to leave. His postings may have been
>offensive to many but he posted them in the correct places for that kind of
>thing. He wasn't in any danger of being tossed off for cause. Or is it that
>you think we aren't entitled to personal opinions about our users, or our
>users opinions? Lord knows I have a few...

>-Liz

[The above material was directed to Gita Enders]

To Liz Stokes,

How do you know that Radow wasn't posting his messages in incorrect
places? He is certainly doing that right now. See, for example, my 77
line message in the panix.chat thread: "Reasonable doubt?"

Isn't it possible that Radow WAS posting in incorrect places and that you
were not aware of it? Isn't it true that the only time you do anything
about posts in incorrect places is when someone complains? Aren't you
aware that homosexuals are constantly trying to get their opponents
kicked off of the Internet? There was, for example, the time when Rod
Swift was trying to get Chuck Whealton censored, and Ken Weaverling,
Whealton's system administrator, refused to bow down to homosexual
pressure.

jo...@panix.com, a.k.a. themad...@bix.com

From: d...@panix.com (Don Samek)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: 28 Feb 1995 13:38:57 -0500

jo...@panix.com (Fred Cherry) writes:

[...]

>Isn't it possible that Radow WAS posting in incorrect places and that you
>were not aware of it? Isn't it true that the only time you do anything
>about posts in incorrect places is when someone complains? Aren't you
>aware that homosexuals are constantly trying to get their opponents
>kicked off of the Internet? There was, for example, the time when Rod
>Swift was trying to get Chuck Whealton censored, and Ken Weaverling,
>Whealton's system administrator, refused to bow down to homosexual
>pressure.

Do you think maybe that this issue of "homosexual censorship" is
for you, an obsession?

- Don

From: jo...@panix.com (Fred Cherry)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: 28 Feb 1995 18:28:16 -0500

In <3ivqk1$s...@news.panix.com> d...@panix.com (Don Samek) writes:

>jo...@panix.com (Fred Cherry) writes:

> [...]

>>Isn't it possible that Radow WAS posting in incorrect places and that you
>>were not aware of it? Isn't it true that the only time you do anything
>>about posts in incorrect places is when someone complains? Aren't you
>>aware that homosexuals are constantly trying to get their opponents
>>kicked off of the Internet? There was, for example, the time when Rod
>>Swift was trying to get Chuck Whealton censored, and Ken Weaverling,
>>Whealton's system administrator, refused to bow down to homosexual
>>pressure.

>Do you think maybe that this issue of "homosexual censorship" is
>for you, an obsession?

> - Don

Perhaps this issue for me IS an obsession. But that doesn't mean I am
wrong. If one looks at history, one sees that most changes were brought
about by people with obsessions.

jo...@panix.com, a.k.a. themad...@bix.com

From: ila...@panix.com (Liz Stokes)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: 28 Feb 1995 19:43:43 -0500

What was that jo...@panix.com (Fred Cherry) said? oh yes...
>In <3isvic$8...@panix.com> ila...@panix.com (Liz Stokes) writes:
>

>>You're point being? Roy wasn't asked to leave. His postings may have been
>>offensive to many but he posted them in the correct places for that kind of
>>thing. He wasn't in any danger of being tossed off for cause. Or is it that
>>you think we aren't entitled to personal opinions about our users, or our
>>users opinions? Lord knows I have a few...
>
>>-Liz
>
>[The above material was directed to Gita Enders]
>
>To Liz Stokes,
>
>How do you know that Radow wasn't posting his messages in incorrect
>places? He is certainly doing that right now. See, for example, my 77
>line message in the panix.chat thread: "Reasonable doubt?"
>
>Isn't it possible that Radow WAS posting in incorrect places and that you
>were not aware of it? Isn't it true that the only time you do anything
>about posts in incorrect places is when someone complains? Aren't you
>aware that homosexuals are constantly trying to get their opponents
>kicked off of the Internet? There was, for example, the time when Rod
>Swift was trying to get Chuck Whealton censored, and Ken Weaverling,
>Whealton's system administrator, refused to bow down to homosexual
>pressure.

I'm not talking about Rod Swift, Chuck Whealton or anyone except
Roy. The only serious complaint we got about him was that he had posted an
explicit sexual story involving a rabbi to soc.culture.jewish or some such
place. It turned out that he had posted it to alt.sex.somethingorother and
someone else had reposted to soc.culture.jewish. As far as panix staff are
concerned he wasn't at fault.

Of course we don't police every single newsgroup and only take
action when there is a complaint. To expect otherwise is just silly.

-Liz

From: cl...@panix.com (Clay Shirky)
Newsgroups: panix.chat
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 20:25:57 -0500

Fred Cherry wrote:

> Perhaps this issue for me IS an obsession.

Perhaps?

> But that doesn't mean I am wrong.

des never said that. You are wrong for other reasons.

> If one looks at history, one sees that most changes were brought
> about by people with obsessions.

One also sees that these changes were often for the worse, such as
increases in a societies willingness to scapegoat marginalized groups.

--
Clay Shirky

Well, there's the record for you. Roy Radow, the Chairman of the Steering
Committee of NAMBLA was welcome in PANIX. I, an enemy of NAMBLA, was kicked
off of PANIX.

Furthermore, Radow WAS posting in inappropriate newsgroups. I, who am an
enemy of censorship wasn't going to complain about that.

Something I would like to mention about Clay Shirky. In 1996 I sued in
federal court challenging the constitutionality of the Communications
Decency Act of 1996. My case was based on the fact that Rod Swift, the
notorious homonazi NAMBLA supporter from Australia was posting messages
such as: "Fred Cherry needs a big dick up his ass to clear out the shit
that's backlogged into his brain." Swift, posting from Australia, could get
away with postings like that. I, posting from the United States, would have
been charged with a crime for merely quoting him.

Shirky, testifying for the government in that case, accused me of
"polluting" the newsgroup alt.christnet. I responded by pointing out that
Swift had already "polluted" that newsgroup by posting a message to the
effect that Jesus Christ had a penis 900 feet long.

Anyway, there now exists a website dedicated to accusing me of advocating
kiddie porn. Every now and then some faggot will accuse me of this, quoting
the preliminary statement in my complaint. The fact is that I copied the
preliminary statement in my complaint word-for-word from the preliminary
statement from the complaint by the American Civil Liberties Union.

Fred Cherry

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00
"Daran" <Dar...@lineone.net> writes:

>John wrote in message <8fmhi2$g...@news-central.tiac.net>...

>>Let's look at the record:

>No, let's not. Nobody in this group is the least bit interested in your
>ravings.

Aha! So you're afraid of the truth!

Boy WeHo

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00
Fred Cherry wrote:
> This thread originates in soc.motss, the largest and most popular
> newsgroup among faggots. I have crossposted it to other newsgroups
> to show non-faggots just what kind of people faggots really are.

Gee Fred,

If they wanted to see faggots, they'd visit soc.motss and see us in our
natural habitat... When you crosspost one msg, they get it out of context and
miss out on all the fun...!

Sincerely,
http://profiles.yahoo.com/BoyWeHo =)

Boy WeHo