BOOGA, BOOGA, FOOOOO!

Venceremos

Jun 23, 2006, 9:42:16 AM6/23/06
SHIT, YEAH! THEY EVEN WORE SOCKS WITH THE HOLES FOR THEIR TOES!

Terror Suspects Arrested In Miami Warehouse
7 Suspects Detained
2 News Conferences Scheduled For Friday
Image

Yusila Ramirez
Reporting

(CBS4/AP) MIAMI The F-B-I says more details about an alleged terrorist
plot will be released in a pair of news conferences Friday morning. One
out of Washington D.C. at 10:30 a.m. and another out of Miami at 11:30
a.m.

Seven men were arrested Thursday in a Liberty City warehouse in Miami.

Authorities say they were in the early stages of planning attacks on
the Sears Tower in Chicago and other buildings in the country.

City of Miami Police and FBI agents surrounded a warehouse near the
Scott Housing Project area at NW 62nd Street and 15th Avenue in Liberty
City.

Sources say six Americans and a Haitian national, inspired by Al Qaeda
but with no links to or funding from the terrorist organization, have
been arrested.

The FBI took the suspects away and was tight lipped about what was
going on, but federal sources told CBS4 News that this is a case of
"homegrown terror".

On condition of anonymity, a Justice Department official told Brian
Andrews, "They were building an organization with the goal of
attacking federal and other buildings." Sources also say the suspects
have nothing to do with Friday's Miami Heat Parade, which is still
scheduled to take place.

F-B-I Director Robert Mueller, in an interview on C-N-N's "Larry King
Live." refused to give many details about the investigation because
"it's an ongoing operation." Mueller did say that he expects the
"arrests and searches" wrapped up today.

CBS4 has confirmed one of the suspects is 32 year old construction
worker Nasir Baptiste of Carol City. That information came from family
members of the man, who claim he is not a terrorist.

The names of the other suspects are still unknown.

Ariane Webster, who identified herself as Baptiste's godmother, said,
"I believe that's a stone lie. I've known Nasser for 5 years.
I've never known him to get in any trouble, or to have problems with
anybody."

G.J.G Atheea, a Master at the Morrisigns Masonic Temple where Baptiste
was an Elder, claims Baptiste was approved by men who offered to fund
him for whatever he wanted to do, "as far as some subversive work.
They would give him whatever he needed." Atheea claimed Baptiste was
not interested, and didn't accept what the men had to offer. He
denied Baptiste was a terrorist. The Temple was also raided by agents
Thursday.

CBS4's Tina Varona says residents had a funny feeling about the men,
who they said would come out at night, dressed all in black with
covered faces, and exercise. Residents say the men behaved like they
were in boot camp. Liberty City resident Patricia Sands was frightened.
"Scared as the devil," she said. "Right in your back yard."
Sand said the men frightened residents. "I mean, all you could see
were their eyes," Sands said as she described their garb. "They had
their whole head wrapped, just they eyes showing, and like they're
standing guard, one here, one there, like soldiers."

Another resident told CBS4 that the men just nodded when spoken to.
"They was acting like they was in military training," said Jonathan
Scott.

South Florida has been linked to several terrorism investigations in
the past. Several of the Sept. 11 hijackers lived and trained in the
area, including ringleader Mohamed Atta and several plots by
Cuban-Americans against the government of Fidel Castro have also been
based in Miami.

Jose Padilla, a former resident once accused of plotting to detonate a
radioactive bomb in the country, is charged in Miami with being part of
a North American terror support cell to Al Qaida and other violent
Islamic extremist organizations. He has been in federal custody since
2002 and is scheduled for trial in September. Padilla was originally
designated an "enemy combatant" and held for 3 1/2 years without charge
by the Bush administration shortly after his May 2002 arrest at
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

patriot

Jun 23, 2006, 9:48:24 AM6/23/06
NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ALEX I THOUGHT YOU HANG YOUSELF IN THE FOREST!