@@ What the Neo-Crazies knew @@

Arash

Aug 13, 2005, 6:29:01 AM8/13/05
AntiWar
August 13, 2005

What The Neo-Crazies Knew

Dr. James Gordon Prather
Nuclear weapons physicist
Nuclear bomb tester at Lawrence Livermore
Technical director of nuclear bomb testings at Sandia
Chief scientist of the U.S. Army
U.S. Navy veteran

Back in 2003, the Brits, French and Germans entered into negotiations they hoped
would result in an agreement providing "objective guarantees" to the European Union
that "Iran's nuclear program is exclusively for peaceful purposes". This agreement
was to equally provide "FIRM GUARANTEES" to Iran "on nuclear, technological and
economic cooperation and firm commitments on security issues".

As a result of a letter sent on August 1, 2005 by Iran to the Secretariat of the
International Atomic Energy Agency, we now know that on March 23, 2005 Iran offered a
package of "objective guarantees" to the EU that included a voluntary "confinement"
of Iran's nuclear programs, to include:

A) forgoing the reprocessing of spent reactor fuel;
B) forgoing the production of plutonium;
C) producing only the low-enriched uranium required for Iran's power reactors;
D) the immediate conversion of all enriched uranium to fuel rods.

By any measure, the Iranian "confinement" offer is substantial.

The Iranians had intended to "close the fuel cycle" – making new fuel from unburned
uranium and plutonium recovered from "spent fuel". They also had a plutonium
production reactor under construction.

But now we know that the EU "NEVER" never even acknowledged this substantial offer,
much less respond to it.

Worse, as of August 1, the EU had failed "FAILED" to make a substantial offer of
their own containing "FIRM GUARANTEES" on nuclear, technological and economic
cooperation and "FIRM COMMITMENTS" on security issues.

So as a result of these "FAILURES" of the EU to negotiate in good faith the Iranians
announced they would resume the uranium conversion – subject to IAEA Safeguards –
that they had VOLUNTARILY suspended.

Of course, we know why the EU never made a substantial offer. And why the EU never
responded to the Iranian substantial offer. Bush-Cheney-Bolton wouldn’t let them.

Bush-Cheney-Bolton must have known what was in the Iranian offer shortly after March
23, weeks before the 2005 Review Conference of the Treaty on Non-Proliferation of
Nuclear Weapons (RevCon) held in May.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice didn't bother to address or even attend the 2005
RevCon. Instead, she sent some mid-level State Department weenie you've probably
never heard of named Stephen Rademaker to instruct the conferees.

Knowing now, what they knew, then, we need to examine critically every thing Bush,
Cheney, Condi, Jackie Sanders, Rademaker and our representatives said in the weeks
before, during and after that 2005 RevCon. In particular, examine these excerpted
remarks by Rademaker:

"Today, the treaty is facing the most serious challenge in its history due to
instances of noncompliance. Although the vast majority of member states have lived up
to their NPT nonproliferation obligations that constitute the treaty's most important
contribution to international peace and security, some have not.

"Indeed, Mr. President, some continue to use the pretext of a peaceful nuclear
program to pursue the goal of developing nuclear weapons. We must confront this
challenge in order to ensure that the treaty remains relevant. This Review Conference
provides an opportunity for us to demonstrate our resolve by reaffirming our
collective determination that noncompliance with the treaty's core nonproliferation
norms is a clear threat to international peace and security.

"For almost two decades, Iran has conducted a clandestine nuclear weapons
program, aided by the illicit network of A. Q. Khan.

"Britain, France, and Germany, with our support, are seeking to reach a
diplomatic solution to the Iranian nuclear problem, a solution that given the history
of clandestine nuclear weapons work in that country, must include permanent cessation
of Iran's enrichment and reprocessing efforts, as well as dismantlement of equipment
and facilities related to such activity."

Compare that with excerpted remarks by Iran’s Foreign Minister, Kamal Kharrazi:

"It is unacceptable that 'some' intend to limit the access to peaceful nuclear
technology to an exclusive club of technologically advanced states under the pretext
of 'nonproliferation.' This attitude is in clear violation of the letter and spirit
of the treaty and destroys the fundamental balance which exists between the rights
and obligations in the treaty.

"Iran, for its part, is determined to pursue all legal areas of nuclear
technology, including enrichment, exclusively for peaceful purposes and has been
eager to offer assurances and guarantees that they remain permanently peaceful".

Now we know that the Iranians negotiated in good faith.

Now we know the EU didn’t.

They couldn’t.

In any case, the Europeans can’t provide "FIRM COMMITMENTS" that the neo-crazies won’t
nuke Iran on the slightest pretext – like, for example, the Iranians resuming their
Safeguarded uranium-conversion activities.

No one can.

Dr. Prather's past radio interviews:
August 2, 2005
http://www.charlesgoyette.com/archive/media/2005-08-02-Charles-01.mp3
July 23, 2005
http://www.weekendinterviewshow.com/audio/prather5.mp3
May 7, 2005
http://www.weekendinterviewshow.com/audio/prather4.mp3
May 4, 2005
http://www.charlesgoyette.com/archive/media/2005-05-04-Charles-01.mp3
April 9, 2005
http://www.weekendinterviewshow.com/audio/prather3.mp3
February 16, 2005 (Part 1)
http://www.charlesgoyette.com/archive/media/2005-02-16-Charles-04.mp3
February 16, 2005 (Part 2)
http://www.charlesgoyette.com/archive/media/2005-02-16-Charles-05.mp3
February 5, 2005
http://www.weekendinterviewshow.com/audio/prather2.mp3
December 4, 2004
http://www.weekendinterviewshow.com/audio/prather.mp3

* Physicist James Gordon Prather has served as a policy implementing official for
national security-related technical matters in the Federal Energy Agency, the Energy
Research and Development Administration, the Department of Energy, the Office of the
Secretary of Defense and the Department of the Army. Dr. Prather also served as
legislative assistant for national security affairs to U.S. Sen. Henry Bellmon,
R-Okla. --ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee and member of the Senate
Energy Committee and Appropriations Committee. Dr. Prather had earlier worked as a
nuclear weapons physicist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
(http://www.llnl.gov) in California and Sandia National Laboratory
(http://www.sandia.gov) in New Mexico. http://www.antiwar.com/prather

EU vs. Iran - Who's Right?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/cbce70a3093360fb?hl=en

Iran should refer U.S. to Security Council for violating UNSCR-984
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/0d54ef8e41b971bf?hl=en

Castration of NPT - U.S. instantly tore up NPT for India, so why should Iran obey a
torn
up agreement!
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/2c234f4a148cd298?hl=en

U.S. ripped NPT into pieces; Iran must withdraw from this annulled treaty
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/fbf55e939908b2c2?hl=en

U.S. proliferation rhetoric and reality
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/7d8c268ee51c07be?hl=en

Ambassador Bolton's Agenda
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/1ca916601b7a7bc8?hl=en

Iran's INALIENABLE RIGHT to uranium enrichment
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/245f6081b4e3d019?hl=en

A Palliative for Neo-Crazy Lies
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/1b7968f98173938d?hl=en

Inalienable right without discrimination
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/5012a673328fa044?hl=en

U.S. doesn't want to disarm even though it promised to do so
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/c0b86cad11cb9413?hl=en

UN Referral – Not
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/bddc928154c8c96a?hl=en

What Iranian obligations? What breaches? America's lies, lies, lies...
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/9535c4a90df98471?hl=en

Memo to slimy senators
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/7065ffd57b51a959?hl=en

U.S. promised in 2000, to get rid of it's nukes!
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/1e23bafecdac9e82?hl=en

U.S. has violated Iran's NPT rights!
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/02f1f48fafcac2b6?hl=en

Iran's diplomatic masterpiece
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/f532352654efee1d?hl=en

Bush to sabotage NPT
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/6386adef83860d3e?hl=en

West's repeated violations of "Article IV & I" against Iran
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/0123ceb12dd47321?hl=en

Israel guns for Iran - Why?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/2c0274540f3957b7?hl=en

U.S. wants definition of NPT 'noncompliance' changed!!!
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/2abab5a7b8bce4c5?hl=en

NTP for dummies
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/f317bb918ca244da?hl=en

CNN's Wolf Blitzer & David Albright: Jews global campaign against Iran
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/44fcd2a53218eb52?hl=en

The Real Threat From John Bolton
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/16fb61c3cca32703?hl=en

81-mm smoking rockets
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/fb2c580ba00d79a6?hl=en

U.S. plans to destroy NPT
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/760abaff1d8ac7c2?hl=en

Nuts to Bush
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/de936f823b4dfb11?hl=en

Iran's logic proven correct to the entire World
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/a5798de678dad2a9?hl=en

Sandbagging the NSG (Nuclear Suppliers Group)
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/238000abe8fe032e?hl=en

What Noncompliance?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/32f537772749ecc2?hl=en

Sandbagging the EU
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/bb437d1ee00ad1e9?hl=en

Bye-Bye, NPT
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/eb8e9f617d0e0867?hl=en

Jew tells Bush to lie about Iran
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/c96849f55f92353e?hl=en

Targeting Non-existent Nukes?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/e25e86754767e3ef?hl=en

Blindly Backing Israel Against Iran
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/ca49370dcc1f41a4?hl=en

Condi Desperate to Stop EU-China-Iran Chain Reaction
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/26e6a24b43339654?hl=en

The Impossible Dream in the State of the Union Address
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/74938ea7958d0764?hl=en

Targeting Iran
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/dbb46af7ff3f0b66?hl=en

Bay of Pigs part 2, CIA-Israeli-MEK
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/b58f2a1d8b2290ff?hl=en

Threatening Iran - despite the evidence
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/ce6e09919da68cbb?hl=en

Virtual Nukes
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/c245e595ad17ae57?hl=en

Iran's having the capability to enrich uranium is not even tantamount to having the
capability to produce the essentially pure uranium-235 required to make a nuke
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/303c3ca53b67c0a7?hl=en

Dangerous Delusions About Iran
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/42c57f2ae0cdb3b0?hl=en

Thwarting the Neo-Crazies
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/66c79d721fd588d4?hl=en

Trashing the IAEA Again
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/f8c610f6cc9e1fda?hl=en

U.S. keeps lying about Iran again & again
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/e9f480b192bd425e?hl=en

Iran's Stealthy Nukes
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/e47cc87d2b268368?hl=en

Uranium-Enrichment Myths Busted
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/f7ebc6f4bed9d13a?hl=en

Iran Plays by the Rules - No Fair!
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/25be300601cc8984?hl=en

Nuclear Bait and Switch
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/0a0dc80ca3b8e98f?hl=en

The myth of Iranian nukes
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/bf78503a661673e9?hl=en

North Korea has what Iraq didn't
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/56f613221080276e?hl=en

Iran has absolute right to enrich uranium
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/0a8ac2dc599976ba?hl=en

Iran is in full compliance with NPT & IAEA
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/737b74e86ba897cb?hl=en

Greatest danger to the region...
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/8dc85e8e88d5a806?hl=en

Non-Lethal Nukes?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/74e0acadfbb41ae7?hl=en

Allah Is the Greatest
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/4e6ac98d1bb0fe0e?hl=en

Decision 2004
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/baa772c028a6a555?hl=en

Déjà Vu, ElBaradei?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/138faa813005b6a8?hl=en

Bush & the three Persian Magi
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/9e7641d3ced3fec1?hl=en

Casus Belli: High-Pitched Whine
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/2f7c7bc96d00d982?hl=en

Persian Gulf War IV
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/29454d929fa359ab?hl=en

Strange bedfellows
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/37546028ddd67b2c?hl=en

America's crying wolf over 'nukes'
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/6339bf5a0aaaad9b?hl=en

Iran has the right to acquire nukes
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/664f46964003d83e?hl=en

Iran: Nukes déjà vu
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/fced1128ee813b38?hl=en

Iran neglected to say, Mother, may I?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/d3db6e1427363550?hl=en

Sharon's duplicity
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/bc938d8b31de9900?hl=en

Israeli paranoia on Iran 'nukes'
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/4c3a0d2537b9fff2?hl=en

Bush hawks foiled again
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/d27bc80916f53519?hl=en

A nuke-free Middle East?
http://groups.google.ca/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/f8c04bf773e569e2?hl=en

Joubin Houshyar

Aug 13, 2005, 12:43:15 PM8/13/05
There we go again with the 'neo-cons make us do these things'. What
*non-sense*!

Read the slowly but surely leaking "offer" -- thanks to Dr. Kaveh L
Afrasiabi -- which is making it abundantly clear that it is the sissy
pirate merchants of EU who are warmongering in private WHILE THEY
DEMONIZE USA IN PUBLIC.

[Anybody who has the full text of the "offer" PLEASE POST IT.]

> In any case, the Europeans can't provide "FIRM COMMITMENTS" that

> the neo-crazies won't nuke Iran on the slightest pretext - like,

> for example, the Iranians resuming their Safeguarded
> uranium-conversion activities.
>
> No one can.

Dr. Prather should review the "offer". Ooops, not even Google can find
this "offer". Apparently it is all to be very hush hush...

http://atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GH13Ak01.html
-- quote --

The proposal, item 4(a) reads:

"The United Kingdom and the French republic would reaffirm to Iran that
they will not use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear weapon states
parties to the treaty on the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons

except in the case of

an invasion or _any_ attack on them, their dependent territories, their
armed forces or other troops, their allies or on a state toward which
they have a security commitment."

-- end --

This sounds like a doctrine of FIRST USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS ON
NON-NUCLEAR STATES by the sissy pirates of EU, not "neocons".

Dr. James Gordon Prather wrote:

> Of course, we know why the EU never made a substantial offer. And why
> the EU never responded to the Iranian substantial offer.

> Bush-Cheney-Bolton wouldn't let them.

LOL.

Razorback

Aug 13, 2005, 7:35:36 PM8/13/05

"Joubin Houshyar" <Sun_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> There we go again with the 'neo-cons make us do these things'. What
> *non-sense*!

Yes its true, every day more and more Europeans and N. Americans
come to understand that Muslims simply want to kill them.
Its so hard to accept the simple truth, but once the realization takes
hold so much that is going on in the world begins to make sense.
Q. Why did those Muslims blow up that train in Spain?
A. To kill non-muslims.
Q. Why did those Muslims fly those airplanes into those
buildings in NYC?
A. To kill non-muslims.

I bet I could provide more examples, but you get the point.