Who reads which newspaper?

Hamid Ganjineh

May 18, 1994, 4:49:43 AM5/18/94
I asked someone to americanize the following because most of SCIers live in
America, but he didn't want to. So you have to put up with the UK version.

Who reads which newspaper?

"Times" is read by people who run the country.

"Mirror" is read by people who think they run the country.

"Guardian" is read by people who think they ought to run the country.

"Daily Mail" is read by the wives of the people who run the country.

"Financial Times" is read by people who own the country.

"Daily Express" is read by people who think the country should be run
as it used to be.

"Daily Telegraph" is read by people who believe that it still is.

"Sun" is read by people who don't care who runs the country as long as
she's got big tits.

Hamid

gila...@wharton.upenn.edu

May 19, 1994, 12:08:54 AM5/19/94
In article <2rckr7$8...@news.alcatel.ch>, H_GANJINEH@TRZCL1 (Hamid Ganjineh) writes:
> I asked someone to americanize the following because most of SCIers live in
> America, but he didn't want to. So you have to put up with the UK version.
>

> Who reads which newspaper?

and now for the american ones:

1. the wall street journal is read by both people who own the country and those
who think they do.
2. new york times is read by people who think they run the country.
3. washington post is read by people who run the country.
4. u.s.a. today is read by people who love junk food.
nick gilani

Shahram Khosravani

May 18, 1994, 1:21:59 PM5/18/94
In article <2rckr7$8...@news.alcatel.ch>, H_GANJINEH@TRZCL1 (Hamid Ganjineh) writes:
|> I asked someone to americanize the following because most of SCIers live in
|> America, but he didn't want to. So you have to put up with the UK version.

I don't read any paper, but I'll give it a shot for the US version:

|> Who reads which newspaper?
|>

|> "Times" is read by people who run the country.

Washington post.

|> "Mirror" is read by people who think they run the country.

New York Times.

|> "Guardian" is read by people who think they ought to run the country.

New Yorker (a magazine, really). OK, how about LA Times ?

|> "Daily Mail" is read by the wives of the people who run the country.

I don't want touch this one. It may sound sexist! It assumes women are
not involved in running the country. Gee I'm getting good at this
schmoozing (sp?) thing.

|> "Financial Times" is read by people who own the country.

Wall Street Journal.

|> "Daily Express" is read by people who think the country should be run
|> as it used to be.

Christian Science Monitor.

|> "Daily Telegraph" is read by people who believe that it still is.

Don't have a clue. How about those living in Chicago that receive
the Christian Science Monitor a few years late ? (I guess not every
one knows about the current post office scandal in Chicago. They keep finding
tons of mail, hidden by lazy postal workers, dating back tens of years.)

|> "Sun" is read by people who don't care who runs the country as long as
|> she's got big tits.

National Enquierer (or is it Inquierer ?)

--
Shahram (Shawn) Khosravani Email: khos...@ocelot.rtsg.mot.com