AMERICA IS GREAT PERIOD!

1 view

Jason Menayan

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

In article <32863F...@port.net>, Steven Eccles <ecc...@port.net> wrote:

>Firstly, in Ireland THOUSANDS do not die every year over
> religion and never have! The most people ever killed in sectarian
> violence in N.I. in a single year was 115 and that was in 1974. That
> would be considered a low crime week in Washington D.C.

Your jab at DC violence is just as faulty and weakly rooted in reality as
the contention that thousands of Irish die each year for religious control
of the island.

> For all you Ignorant Americans out there The island of Ireland is
> divided into two countries:

Yes, we know this. When most of us say "Ireland", we are talking about
the Republic of Ireland, i.e., the island minus the North.

>I just came across a news report recently, where the CEO's of
> TEXACO were recorded referring to their black employees as 'Niggers' and
> 'Black Jelly Beans'. Incredible considering that the US government sent
> thousands of black soldiers off to the Gulf to die in the name of the
> CEO's at Texaco.

Yes, it is a disgrace and most Americans are sick of such bullshit
(although it comes as no surprise to many African Americans). But you
Europeans are equally intolerant and bigoted towards North Africans and
other "immigrant" populations.

> I know two Americans who live here in Ireland (one white the other
> black), and they tell me they would never return to America. They say in
> America you hear the words 'family values' constantly, yet Americans
> families, like their communities are deeply disjointed. The 'American
> Dream' is defined as owning your home. Well in Ireland 82% of the people
> own their own homes. This is compared to 52% in the USA.

It seems they've found their home in Ireland. I wish them luck and
happiness there.

> American is not a democracy, not in the least. Your government is
> controlled by Wall Street/Military and the disgraceful evil scum in
> Hollywood who have their own sick agenda.

Thinly veiled anti-Semitic bullshit...again typical of you Europeans.

--
Jason Menayan
jmen...@slip.net

june sheridan

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

> American is not a democracy, not in the least. Your government is
> controlled by Wall Street/Military and the disgraceful evil scum in
> Hollywood who have their own sick agenda.

>Thinly veiled anti-Semitic bullshit...again typical of you Europeans.

--
>Jason Menayan
>jmen...@slip.net

What? What has this got to do with Jews? Wall Street is JP Morgan,
Kidder Peabody what's Jewish about that? The US military is control by
gentrified rednecks and white trash. Hollywood, every kind of scum on
earth is there. Explain, where do the Jews come into this? Where is this
Thinly veiled anti-Semitic bullshit. The Germans gassed the Jews not the
whole of Europe. I am not Aware of any Irish, Scots or English for that
matter operating the ovens at Dachau. What a nasty little prick you are
to make a remark like that. Oh I forgot you are an American and are
soooooo perfect.

Steven Eccles

Lee Jackson Beauregard

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

Karim <akac...@mail.tdsnet.com> wrote:

>Take five minutes to read this and it WILL change your life.
>
> The Internet has grown tremendously. It doubles in size every 4
>months.
> think about it. You see those 'Make.Money.Fast' posts more and more.
> That's ... because it WORKS ! So I thought, all those new users
>might
> make it work. And I decided to try it out, a few months ago.
>Besides,
> whats $5.00, I spend more than that in the morning on my way to work
>on
> coffee and cigs for the day. So I sent in my money and posted.
> Everyone was calling it a scam, but there are SO many new users from
> AOL, Netcom, etc. they will join in and make it work for you.

[bobbitt]

The preceding message is a chain letter promoting a "Make Money Fast" pyramid
scheme. The propagation of chain letters is contrary to Usenet etiquette and,
in many countries, a violation of the law.

Pyramid schemes do not work, because they are "zero sum games": nobody wins
unless somebody else loses. If one person makes $100, for example, twenty
more must lose their $5.

Please do not propagate pyramid schemes. You may lose your Internet access
and possibly even risk arrest and imprisonment.

Followups set to avoid a massively crossposted thread.

Scott Burright

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

(Many soc.culture groups removed)

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Ryan Cheung wrote:

> What?? Statistics is not a mere rearrangement of numbers. 1 in 10 kids
> shot per day does not have a relevent corralation of 1 shot 36.5 times
> per year!

If an average of 1 in 10 kids is shot per day, the mean annual number of
gunshot wounds per kid is definitely 36.5. If you really want to lecture
me about statistics, please explain how it could be otherwise.

--Scott Burright

"Most of our future lies ahead."
-- Denny Crum, Louisville basketball coach

Jason Menayan

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

In article <Pine.OSF.3.93.961119...@alpha.wright.edu>,
Scott Burright <sbur...@discover.wright.edu> wrote:

> (Many soc.culture groups removed)
>
> On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Ryan Cheung wrote:
>
> > What?? Statistics is not a mere rearrangement of numbers. 1 in 10 kids
> > shot per day does not have a relevent corralation of 1 shot 36.5 times
> > per year!
>
> If an average of 1 in 10 kids is shot per day, the mean annual number of
> gunshot wounds per kid is definitely 36.5. If you really want to lecture
> me about statistics, please explain how it could be otherwise.

Depends if the shot is fatal or not...........

--
Jason Menayan
haih...@mail.geocities.com

Scott Burright

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Jason Menayan wrote:

> > If an average of 1 in 10 kids is shot per day, the mean annual number of
> > gunshot wounds per kid is definitely 36.5. If you really want to lecture
> > me about statistics, please explain how it could be otherwise.

> Depends if the shot is fatal or not...........

Only if *all* the kids are killed off within the first year that we start
measuring. Even then, the annualized mean will still be 36.5.