List of Telugu New Year Names

Ravi Pattisam

Mar 2, 1994, 8:49:58 PM3/2/94

Following is a list of Telugu New Year names starting 94-95:
1. Bhava 94-95
2. Yuva 95-96
3. Dhaata 96-97
4. Iswara 97-98
5. Bahudhanya 98-99
6. Pramadi 99-2000
7. Vikrama 2000-2001
8. Vrusha 01-02
9. Chitrabhanu 02-03
10. Swabhanu 03-04
11. Taarana 04-05
12. Paarthiva 05-06
13. Vyaya 06-07
14. Sarvajittu 07-08
15. Sarvadhari 08-09
16. Virodhi 09-10
17. Vikruthi 10-11
18. Khara 11-12
19. Nandana 12-13
20. Vijaya 13-14
21. Jaya 14-15
22. Manmadha 15-16
23. Durmukhi 16-17
24. Hevillambi 17-18
25. Visambi 18-19
26. Vikaari 19-20
27. Saarvari 20-21
28. Plava 21-22
29. Subhakruti 22-23
30. Sobhakruthi 23-24
31. Krodhi 24-25
32. Viswavasu 25-26
33. Parabhava 26-27
34. Plavanga 27-28
35. Keelaka 28-29
36. Sowmya 29-30
37. Sadhaarana 30-31
38. Virodhikruthi 31-32
39. Pareedhavi 32-33
40. Pramaadeecha 33-34
41. Aananda 34-35
42. Raakshasa 35-36
43. Nala 36-37
44. Pingala 37-38
45. Kaalayukthi 38-39
46. Sidhaarthi 39-40
47. Roudra 40-41
48. Durmati 41-42
49. Dundubhi 42-43
50. Rudhirodgari 43-44
51. Raktaakshi 44-45
52. Krodhana 45-46
53. Akshaya 46-47
54. Prabhava 47-48
55. Vibhava 48-49
56. Sukla 49-50
57. Pramodoota 50-51
58. Prajotpathi 51-52
59. Angieerasa 52-53
60. Sreemukha 53-54.

After this the names get repeated in the same order.
For your info, the number of years in each Yuga are given below:
Krutayuga 10,27,000 Years
Tretaayuga 22,96,000 Years
Dwaaparayuga 8,64,000 Years
Kaliyuga 4,33,000 Years.

The above info is from Peddabalasikhsa.

Ravi Pattisam

Lokeswara Rao

Mar 3, 1994, 1:54:44 PM3/3/94
In article <2l3fo6$r...@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>,

Ravi Pattisam <bt...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu> wrote:

>After this the names get repeated in the same order.
>For your info, the number of years in each Yuga are given below:
>Krutayuga 10,27,000 Years
>Tretaayuga 22,96,000 Years
>Dwaaparayuga 8,64,000 Years
>Kaliyuga 4,33,000 Years.
>
>The above info is from Peddabalasikhsa.
>
>Ravi Pattisam

I would like to believe this, but according to modern archeological
excavations etc. the yugas should not be too far apart. Sri Rama came in
treta yuga. Is it really about a million years ago? Mankind was very
primitive or did not exist at all.

Lokes.

19934-V. Rao Vakkalagadda

Mar 4, 1994, 4:39:44 PM3/4/94

Few months back,I read a book 'kaliyugantam kaalajnanam' by Dr. Ved Vyas.
In that he mentions that Kaliyuga has started in 3100 BC
and completed 5000 years by 1900 AD. Also he says that a yuga
is about 5000 years. The current period is 'yuga sandhi' the transition
period between the yuga's.

He makes a comparison of Kalki avatar to that given in Bible(Day of Judgement)
and points out lot of the interesting similarities between them.

Interesting book to read.

Rao V.