BEWARE of Sathya Sai Baba: 3. My Personal Story - Part 3

Ashok Krishnamurthy

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

Dear friends,

At the outset, I would like you all to get in touch with Said K. at his
e-mail address: DEEPS...@msn.com - he has posted very interesting
articles regarding how Sathya Sai Baba is a hoax in the newsgroup:
soc.culture.indian. Interested persons can send me an e-mail and I will
forward some of his articles which I have saved.

My personal story continues:

From 1981 onwards, I was actively involved in the Sathya Sai Baba group.
I joined the Bhajan Group at Madras which leads the devotional singing
during the public Bhajans every Sunday and Thursday. I was also part of
the Seva Dal of the service wing of the organization. The powers-that-be
did not want me to be part of the Bhajan group for some reason! They
eased me out so that I, with my prominent Brahmin caste mark on my
forehead (the full Namam), would not be on public display every Thursday
and Sunday as part of the lead singing group. However, I enjoyed being
part of the Seva Dal and took part in many eye camps, physical surgery
camps, etc. I liked going to the slums in Madras and meeting people
first hand. I was appalled at the living conditions of the poor in
India. I did not think then that I could have been part of organizations
such as the Ramakrishna Mission and achieved the same happiness. While
such missions usually focussed on service, the Sathya Sai Baba group
rendered service with one motive: make the name of Sathya Sai Baba a
houeehold name. Most workers or members of the Seva Dal were sincere and
really very good company. I SAY AGAIN, the majority of the Sathya Sai
Baba group are good and innocent people. The crooks are the ones who
manage the organization, starting from the top.

From 1984 onwards, I was even more actively involved in this group. I
spent all my time and energy in village development activities. There is
a village even today, as far as I know, in the midst of urban settings in
West Anna Nagar, Madras, India. This village is called Thirumangalam
and, in addition to other Seva Dals, three of us were VERY MUCH involved
in its development. Our local leader of the Seva Dal group in
Thirumangalam was one Mr. Meganathan, and Mr. Shyam and myself were the
other two. We acted as one body. Every weekday, with the exception of
Friday, we used to go to the village in the evening and be there from
about 6.15 pm to 9.15 pm. We helped the children of the village with
their school lessons (and they really needed help). On Saturday, we had
religious singing on the streets early in the morning from 4.30 am to
6.00 am. After that, we wold go to the village and take census of the
people there or involve ourselves in village-cleaning activities, etc.
On Saturday evening, we had a moral instruction class for about 2.5 to 3
hours. On Sundays, we used to help the children with their lessons in
the morning. This went on for three years (1984-1987).

I felt great. Was I not being a "model Indian" as member of the Sathya Sai
Baba (SSB) group? Events were to prove how wrong I was as far as
believing in SSB was concerned. Two important incidents are worth noting:

1. The elder members of the SSB group heading the local activities
decided to change the name of the village to Sathya Sai Nagar. Why?
Obviously, the name of SSB had to reach every corner of India. On a
Friday evening, we were all asked to assemble at the village for the
inauguration ceremony. We three "key" Seva Dals went a little bit late
(we always met at a common place and went about in a group - some people
jokingly called us the Trimoorthis or the Trinity) and, as we approcahed
the village, realized that something was seriously wrong. The board with
the legend "Sathya Sai Nagar" was lying on the ground at the entrance to
the village. It had been uprooted from the ground. There was a lot of
shouting going on and the elders looked harried. We saw that there were
many village youths and youngsters with bicycle chains in their hands.
Some had knives/daggers and some had stones in their hands. "How can you
change the 300-year-old name of the village?" they demanded. "You have
come today and want to change the name! Even if the elders of our
village have been bought by you, we the youths, will not allow it!"

I dare say that the elders of the SSB group would have been beaten up that
evening if we three Seva Dals had not turned up! The villagers were so
used to seeing us there everyday that they calmed down after we talked to
them. Soon the 200-300 strong crowd dispersed and the idea of renaming
the village was given up.

In retrospect, why the need for changing the name of the village?
Absolutely idiotic. How was this incident "covered up"? I did not know
until I went to Puttaparthi, the HQ of the SSB group in mid-1987.

2. I intensified my meditation from August, 1985 onwards especially and
became really sensitive to people's thoughts and vibrations. Our leader
of the Seva Dals at Anna Nagar, Mr. Meganathan, proved to be a wolf in a
sheep's clothing. All along, he had acted as my friend while hiding an
all-consuming hatred for the Brahmins. I am a Brahmin and he is a Sudra
by birth. I never even thought of these things and behaved with all as
one human being should behave with another. Apparently, he and his
family were all Brahmin-haters. The first indications were in 1985 when
Mr. Shyam and myself got a chance to be close to SSB during his visit to
Madras. I put it down to jealousy and left it at that. In 1986, during
SSB's next visit to Madras, again Mr. Shyam and myself were asked to
serve as personal assistants/housekeepers to SSB and his retinue at their
place of stay. This was considered to be a "privelege" and Mr.
Meganathan did not like it at all. He called me to his house one day
and asked that I "seek blessings" from his parents. Since I had always
moved with him as a brother, I complied. This was probably the greatest
mistake of my life EVER, spiritually speaking.

Mr. Meganathan's mother is the most dangerous in their house. Take her
away and the rest will be left with nothing but their hatred for
Brahmins. One can say that Mr. Meganathan's mother was the first truly
evil person I had met and I recognized her for what she was - an evil
occultist (I realized the evil in SSB and Co. only after more intense
prayer and meditation - they operate at a pretty subtle level). She was
well prepared. When I expressed the desire to fall at her feet and seek
her blessings, she asked me to wait a moment. I saw her go to the Pooja
room and pick up some saffron or Kumkum powder from the shelf. She
rolled the powder between the fingers of her right hand while muttering
some Manthras. On her expression was an expression of pure hatred. I
was taken aback at her facial expression! I realized that I was seeing
something that I had not hitherto seen before. In a flash of intuition,
I realized their true feelings for Brahmins. I almost decided not to
fall at her feet, but months of friendship (sincere on my part) cannot be
put aside just like that. Fate took a hand at that moment and I fell at
her feet. She came close to me and stared at my forehead for sometime.
Her fingers with the saffron powder in her hand were searching for the
correct place, which I realized later was the Agnya Chakra (the meeting
point of the eyebrows), where the spiritual energy is stored. Then she
anointed my forehead with the saffron and at that moment I KNEW that I
had yielded to evil forces. A tremendous amount of energy was drained
from me and my mind was thown into confusion. Thoughts whirled through
my mind meaninglessly. She had anointed my forehead with an evil
manthra. Henceforth, she could, at will, sap the strength from me by
uttering the Manthra. Which is what did happen later on.

It took me nearly 10 years to overcome the effects of this negative
force. Only people familiar with meditation and spirituality will be
able to understand this incident. If I had not been sensitive through
meditation, I would never have found out the truth.

I advise you, my dear friends, NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO TOUCH YOUR FOREHEAD
OR OTHER CHAKRAS UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURE THAT THJEY ARE YOUR
WELL-WISHERS!

ALSO, NEVER EAT FOOD OUTSIDE IF YOU CAN AVOID IT; ESPECIALLY NEVER EAT OR
DRINK ANYTHING FROM SOMEONE WHO HARBORS ILLWILL TOWARDS YOU. BAD
VIBRATIONS CAN BE PASSED ON THROUGH FOOD, TOUCH, ETC.

I avoided Mr. Meganathan and family from then on and foolishly dismissed
them as exceptions. I stupidly continued to believe in Sathya Sai Baba and
went to do MBA at his university at Puttaparthi, a small village in the
state of Andhra Pradesh in India, the HQ of the SSB organization.

....To be continued

Ashok.K.

--
"Place Good and Truth above nation/religion."

thimma

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

>I avoided Mr. Meganathan and family from then on and foolishly dismissed
>them as exceptions. I stupidly continued to believe in Sathya Sai Baba and
>went to do MBA at his university at Puttaparthi, a small village in the
>state of Andhra Pradesh in India, the HQ of the SSB organization.

You are stupid awright....
and oh!, did i forget Foolish ? :)

Biju Jacob

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Ashok,

You just confirmed my long-time belief that Sai Baba is a fraud and a
charlatan who is after money and fame. He performs sleight-of-hand
tricks that almost any third-rate magician could duplicate.
Unfortunately, he is able to feed upon the innate desire in a lot of
people to believe in the supernatural.

James "the amazing" Randi has been walking around with a $15,000 check in
his pocket for the past several decades. He'll hand it over to anyone
who can demonstrate "super-natural" powers that Randi himself cannot
duplicate. To date no-one, I repeat NO-ONE, has been able to claim the
prize.

When will we as a nation wake up and shed our blind faith in mysticism,
and the super-natural?

Regards,

Biju