H.H the Dalai Lama provides definitive answer Chinese foreign minister sighting truth

Peter Terpstra

Mar 12, 2009, 4:16:09 PM3/12/09
Dharamshala: TibetPost-10-March-2009-Today on the 50th anniversary of his
flight into exile Tibetan spiritual leader, His Holiness the Dalai Lama is
concerned about the state of the world media’s stomachs. His Holiness asks
the members of the press if they have had lunch, because a full stomach and
healthy body are important in his opinion. He speaks of the strength and
resolve necessary for sustaining the Tibetan issue for the past 50
years “For the last 50 years, I have lived as a refugee homeless, stateless,
but I have had the opportunity to utilize myself for the well being of
others so I am happy.”

Tibetan spiritual leader His Holiness the Dalai Lama hosts a press conference
to address the world media and answer questions regarding the 50 years in
exile from Tibet. He recalls the happiness he felt when he arrived in India
and the Tibetan people had a place where they could practice their religion
and culture, he speaks about his steadfastness regarding the middle way
approach, and the future of the Tibetan issue.

Tibet post correspondent S. Hart asked His Holiness if there is something
more that the Indian government can do to help Tibet achieve meaningful
autonomy, His Holiness says “India has been our home for the past 50
years , before then we were communist but the communist people found a happy
new home, that is India. As far as Tibetan refugees are concerned, and
resettlement is concerned, and education, and health, the government of
India has provided maximum help.”

His Holiness continued “as far as the real Tibetan issue is concerned, India
has a long boarder with the Peoples Republic of China and a big portion is
not settled, there are difficulties; understandably there is limitation what
India can provide and do, but the government of India and the Indian people
have in general been very supportive. In the past I have described that the
government of India’s policy, regarding Tibet and China in general, but
particularly regarding Tibet I described as over cautious.”

After these 50 years he remains confident in his host nation’s support of the
Tibetan issue, he says “I am quite sure, that the Government of India,
whenever the appropriate time comes, will help as much as they can.”

Now he indicates is the time for truth, His Holiness reads a statement made
by Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on March 7th.

"In developing relations with China, other countries should not allow the
Dalai Lama to visit their countries and should not allow their territories
to be used for the Dalai Lama to engage in separatist activities.”

His Holiness answers the minister’s claim that he is a separatists and says
directly to the members of the media “now here you have witnessed we are
totally committed to the middle way approach and are not seeking separation,
I can assure you 100% that we are fully committed, the last many decades, in
many parts of the world, know clearly the Dalai Lama’s side is not seeking
independence and not seeking separation.”

He continues on reading "The Dalai Lama's side still insists on establishing
a so-called Greater Tibet on a quarter of Chinese territory. They want to
drive away Chinese armed forces on Chinese territory and ask all
non-Tibetans to relocate themselves, people who have long spent their lives
on that part of Chinese territory. You call this person a religious figure?
Would Germany, France or other countries accept that a quarter of their
territory be separated? Please keep in mind that China was always a
supporter of German reunification."

After reading the last part he laughs then says “I have never stated that the
liberation army should remove from Tibet. So now I am quite serous, a
foreign minister and he expressed that way, there are two possibilities one,
full ignorant, or deliberately telling lie. Please on behalf of me please
ask Chinese foreign minster when the Dalai Lama said that all Chinese forces
should be driven from the area and all not Tibetans should relocate? Where
and when did I state that?”

His Holiness says, “he is a foreign minister with a big army, and I am just
one person here Dalai Lama, just a refugee, as far as truth as concerned
there is no difference as far as truth is concerned there is no question or
force.”

At age 74 he acknowledges that it is the younger generations that must take
up the Tibetan issue and work toward meaningful autonomy. He concludes the
press conference by saying, “in the younger generation very health potential
spiritual leadership is developing. In my daily life I want to have some
usefulness to the well-being of others, I am never concerned about my own
future.”

Tomorrow, the Tibetan community in exile, along with religious leaders,
monks, nuns, and foreign supports, will gather at the main temple in
Dharamshala to hear His Holiness teachings.

By: S. Hart, reporter for The Tibet Post International.

Source:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/bco6xt