Captain Kong Le.

ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ

Nov 5, 2011, 7:59:13 PM11/5/11
Having left Laos at the age of 3, I didn't get a chance to learn about
our history I stumbled upon this article today. How do you all feel
about this article?

Curious to hear everyone's opinion. Kopjai

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/features/general.htm

nyujquslaug

Nov 6, 2011, 12:03:15 AM11/6/11
On Nov 5, 6:59 pm, ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ <laon...@aircav.com> wrote:

Wow!! I don't that know he is still alive. He had been vanished back
in the early 60's with a trace.

If you want to know more about Kong Le, just go to Wikipedia.org or
google him...

TkmisSpammerAsslicker

Nov 6, 2011, 1:25:51 AM11/6/11
Don't talk with a psychopath, otherwise you might be contaminated!

Her Lao

Nov 6, 2011, 3:12:15 AM11/6/11
Kong Le, not unlike Vang Pao, was (I said was for both elder gentlemen
because I don't think neither one is alive today, but correct me if
I'm wrong: Sao Sumaly would know for sure if Kong Le is still alive),
and not unlike most of the guys in charge of the Lao People's
Democratic Republic in Laoss today..... these are/were men who lived
most of their lives dreaming of some fantsized past.

My uncle, too, in Fresno. They fought each other for a few year, or
maybe a decade or 15 - 20 years, and their whole lives from then on
revolved around those warring years.

Close to 100% of them never had any serious education beyond junior
high or high school; the few who ever attend college, attended some
backward, 3rd-4th tier little colleges.

And the very exceptional few who had actually gone to decent, 4-year,
research-oriented colleges and universities in the West.... they were
never bright --- or inquisitive --- enough to understand, to WANT to
understand, the larger world, with breadth and depth.

And that very latter group, the "brighter" ones.... which I would
guess to be no more than half a dozen or so, if at that, from all of
Laos in the 1940s through 60s... they merely came to the West to get
some family connection, a diploma, and return to act like they're big,
educated, and important people.

In an Andy Worhol way of speaking, even those few who actually went on
to graduate from some decent western universities.... when they got
back to Laos, they wanted to live on/off their "15 minute fame"/
education their whole lives; they boasted of doing a whole bunch of
important things "for the people" but in reality, they're just
traveling around Laos, having bacci's, parties, and giving stupid,
mindless speeches....

They never did ANY CONCRETE thing or project like, say, founding an
animal shelter or sanctuary for endangered animals, or forming legal
foundation to advocate for PENAL and/or CIVIL reforms that actually
come to fruition, or starting a school for poor children and
successfully grow it year after year, with recognition from far and
wide.... or starting an engineering firm that benefited the Laotians
in employing local workers and nurturing young minds to aspire to
higher education.... etc., etc....

Look at people like, say, Dr. Yang Do and others --- whether they're
Hmong, Kmer, or Lao from the 1940s through the 60s.... relatively
bright, in a local/tribal sort of way (mostly in the "social sciences"
of history, sociology, political science, "business", etc.) --- who
came to the West. They could never let go of their origin, their
small tribal affiliation, their traditional superstitions, their
ethnic biases and fears....

From 1975 until his death last year, for example, Vang Pao was able to
attract tens of thousands of very uneducated followers and was able
collect/"generate" all kinds of "revenues" --- all told in the tens of
millions of the years --- but instead of using the resources to, say,
fund 5-10 scholarships each year.... giving $10K-$20K to each very
bright and promising student in PhD and MD programs.... he and his
"inner circles" squandered them on parties and other fantasy missions
and dreams.

(But, oh, don't tell that to him or his followers, because I've heard
they'd send bullets to your address or something stupid and mindless
like that. I hope it's just tall tales...)

Anyway, the point is, Kong Le, Vang Pao, & the last few elderly Lao
PDR in control of Laos today....they are of those tragic, Andy Worhol
figures: they had a "15 minute fame" DECADES and DECADES ago.... and
they wanted to live such memorable moments.... until they die... They
neither care nor know that perhaps they're too old, or too set in the
past, or too uneducated, or too ILL-prepared to lead --- much less
rule, in singular fashion.... all they wanted to do is "lead the
nation and people."

But you can also immediately see intelligent and reflective people, IN
Laos, when you see or hear them. I am very impressed with this guy,
Representative Khampheuy Panemalathong. It obviously doesn't hurt, if
he does indeed have a PhD. The man just sounds intelligent and
reflect, when he speaks... on the various issues, large and small,
that he sees in Laos and around the world.... someone who's able to
extrapolate complex issues and make mostly valid observations and
suggestions...

You think the top guys at the Lao PDR --- who don't have the innate
intellect or necessary formal education --- would listen to bright and
reflective individuals like this guy, Khampheuy Panemalathong? I
doubt it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV3TH1DKygc&feature=player_embedded

idonotknow

Nov 6, 2011, 4:47:42 AM11/6/11
it seems he is trying just as GVP has tried. but he's doing more secret and small footprint almost invisible. gen. kong le declared to work until his country is freed from commies. more $ resources, and lives to be thrown into the revolt. the problem is all of those are only in his head none exist yet. for GVP there were more than just in his head. there wqere real evidences out there where US authorities even use those real evidences to convict GVP into a court case.

personally i think it will take gen. Kongle a few to several decades to get upto GVP's equivalent steps. those war and actions are only good inside the brain/fantasy but to bring it to the real life will very much likely go the same way as those obstacles GVP were facing.

ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ

Nov 6, 2011, 8:46:04 AM11/6/11
Kopjai der. I did a little more reading last night. It looks like he
had the right idea, "being neutral like Switzerland". Too bad didn't
have enough qualified people backing him. I'll read more and ask more
about him.

Sahai Mak Muan

Nov 6, 2011, 8:54:16 AM11/6/11
Very well said, Mr. Her Lao. And thank you very much for the link to
Dr. Khampheuy's recent speech at the Lao National Assembly, which I
have missed until now.

I am greatly impressed by what he said, very Lao, very open minded,
very realistic, very honest, totally unbiased! I sincerely hope Dr.
Khampheuy's speech in some way reflects the policy of the Lao PDR.
Laos needs leaders of this caliber to guide the nation in this
competitive world of the 21st century. It doesn't matter if he indeed
has a PhD, it is the mindset, the vision that counts.

Very unfortunately, so many people both in Laos and overseas,
especially overseas, are stuck with "leaders" of the past who, like
you said, have had "15 minute fame" decades ago. With all due respect,
give them (the "leaders" of the past) the honor of sitting at the
front row of whatever event. But to actually run the business of an
organization, please leave it to those who truly know how, truly well
educated.

Thank you.

ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ

Nov 6, 2011, 9:00:31 AM11/6/11
Kopjai lai lai Her Lao for a very insightful response. I want to learn
more about our Lao history so I can tell it to our younger generation
and to my own children. I don't want our Lao kids growing up not
knowing our history like I did.

ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ

Nov 6, 2011, 9:05:07 AM11/6/11
Younger Lao professionals in Laos praise him and showed me the speech
while I was in Laos. We also discuss about this video and his speech
in Facebook. I too am very impressed with his demeanor and style, as
well as the content of his speech.

Laos is changing for the better right before our eyes.

Nty

Nov 6, 2011, 9:08:57 AM11/6/11
ຕື່ນຂຶ້ນມາແລ້ວຫາກວນໂລດ...ໄດ້ເລີຍ...ຈັດໃຫ້!
Message has been deleted

Nty

Nov 6, 2011, 9:24:53 AM11/6/11
Message has been deleted

Nty

Nov 6, 2011, 9:31:22 AM11/6/11
On Nov 6, 9:08 pm, Nty <nottooyou...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted

Nty

Nov 6, 2011, 9:59:42 AM11/6/11
ຢ່າຫວັງວ່າສິຢູ່ເປັນສຸກ ຖ້າໂຕກວນຜູ້ອື່ນໄດ້ You got it back, fair isn't
it?

ເຖົ້າບໍ່ມີປະໂຍດ ເຖົ້າໝັກບ້ານໝັກເມືອງ

Nov 6, 2011, 10:53:39 AM11/6/11
On Nov 6, 9:59 am, Nty <nottooyou...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ຢ່າຫວັງວ່າສິຢູ່ເປັນສຸກ ຖ້າໂຕກວນຜູ້ອື່ນໄດ້ You got it back, fair isn't
> it?

Failure: Don't be so focused on harassing TKM that you forget to fight
the spammers. You wouldn't want to be known as an old fart who FAILED
AGAIN IN LIFE would you?

Don't go to bed a failure again tonight der.

yi...@charter.net

Nov 6, 2011, 11:04:31 AM11/6/11
On Nov 6, 9:53 am, ເຖົ້າບໍ່ມີປະໂຍດ ເຖົ້າໝັກບ້ານໝັກເມືອງ

well said her lao. there were also smart intellectuals lao in the
past like dr. somphou oudomvilay, too bad only a few..

Her Lao

Nov 6, 2011, 5:10:38 PM11/6/11
Switzerland was never very neutral. It bended quite a bit along with
whatever wind that blew strongest against its rugged terrains.... But
there has always been, since WWI through WWII, a couple metigating
variables working to the Swiss's advantage:

(1) rugged, landlocked terrains, with little or no serious precious
minerals or large farmlands in which Germans could exploit...

For the Germans, defeating the French & English was to get their honor
back, for having been treated badly after WWI, with French soldiers
occupying Germany in the late 1910s and early 20s, treating Germans
like second class citizens in their own country... and for the eastern
campaign, it's to get the various vast wheat fields & millions of Slav
slaves/Russian peasants and serfs and OIL to power the Germany
industry; Hitler was thinking of control the vast USSR like tiny
England control sub-continental India, with vast fortunes flowing into
England...

(2) the Swiss people are a mixture of French, Italians, and Germans
but all strongly identifying themselves as distinct from French,
Italians or Germans and they were willing AND ABLE to fight a long,
protracted war of attrition!

(3) but if all major competing countries left Switzerland alone ---
and the French, Italians, or Germans could over-power the Swiss but
it'd cause them quite a bit, since the Swizz were quite well organized
& mobile, knowing their rugged terrains better than anyone, even with
an armed force of only about 500K strong --- they each, in their
different ways, could use Switzerland as a base to conduct their spy/
intelligence activities; and all did just that!

but probably more important of all,

(4) the Swiss put savvy political and financial leaders in place to
make this tiny landlocked country into a strong banking/financing
hub..... most nations could do and did do --- and CONTINUE TO DO ---
business transactions with the Swiss, even mass murderers from around
the world!

Thus, most of them felt there's more benefits to be had, leaving
Switzerland alone ..... than invading it and tying up 500K to 1M
strong, for months, again, in the rugged moutain terrain, making
quick, decisive military blitz next to impossible, even for Germany,
which, if you remember, already tied itself up in 3 fronts: the
southern/Italian campaign (500K German soldiers), the western front
from France to Norway (another 3M soldiers), and 4-5M in the eastern
front with the Soviets!

Germany invading tiny Switzerland would be like mighty the Soviets
protracted invasion of the vast but sparsely populated Finland, except
it'd be even more protracted, since the Swiss rugged alpine landscape
would make aerial bombing, large tank maneuvers, and large ground
force movements very difficult and wasteful....

So, again, while Switzerland was never "neutral," it played its card
better than most Europe nations around German, from WWI through
WWII..... being willing and able to pull cards out of their sleeves in
dealing with the various outsider leaders wanting to over-run --- and
COULD have over-run, with heavy casualties --- the Swiss' little
rugged mountain principality.

Switzerland has been able to use a combination of guile, bluff,
intelligence, independence, financial institutional leverages, and
small but smart military preparedness to put off any serious invasion
from any of the big guys surrounding it....

Laos people & leaders --- whether it's Kong Le or any other faction
--- did NOT have such HISTORICAL variables working for them.

Vang Pao and some of the "royal" factions were servants of the West,
on the one hand... and Kaisone, a faction of the "royal" family, and
the Communists were nothing but PROXY servants of communist Vietnam,
China, and Russia, on the other hand.... BOTH camps were too stupid,
too uneducated --- lacking a broader and deeper understanding of the
Cold War and what it really meant to small, regional people --- to
know any difference, so their respective masters allowed them to
fantasize whatever fantasies they wanted....

ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ

Nov 6, 2011, 8:04:33 PM11/6/11
Thank you Her Lao. Please tell me more about Kong Le and Lao history.