According to FAMILY RADIO....our world comes to an end today October 21, 2011

cwjmem

Oct 21, 2011, 4:36:47 PM10/21/11
I don't know about it, but Qaddafi was ended Yesterday!!!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/21/the-end-again-if-it-is-we-thank-you-for-your-time/?hpt=hp_c2

The End, again? If it is, we thank you for your time

By Jessica Ravitz, CNN

(CNN) – In case you are reading this, might we suggest you read really
fast?

The world may end any minute now, if the latest doomsday prediction is
on target.

We realize October 21 didn’t get the shout-out that May 21 did, so our
apologies if this comes as a surprise. But if you had heard the
complete message the first time, you would have known.

“The warning is out,” Dennis Morrell, 44, of Jacksonville, Florida,
reminded us a couple of days ago. “There’s nothing else you can do.”

Earlier this year, and with the backing of the Christian broadcasting
network Family Radio, billboards touting May 21 as Judgment Day dotted
the landscape. RVs plastered with the fateful date crisscrossed the
country as believers wearing T-shirt announcements and waving fliers
sounded the alarm.

That was to be the day when a select 2% to 3% of the world’s
population, predetermined by God, would be raptured up to heaven.
Everyone else, the story went, would endure months-long judgment amid
chaos, destruction and unspeakable suffering. A massive earthquake
would ravage the land, bodies would be tossed about and terror would
reign for the duration.

Five months or exactly 153 days later, it was said, the world would
disappear – which brings us to today.

This was the schedule laid out by God’s word in the Bible, the
faithful said. It was the plan deciphered and shared by Harold
Camping, now 90, the founder of Family Radio, based in Oakland,
California.

Camping, who has an engineering degree, had spent more than 50 years
combing through his Bible and crunching numbers embedded in scripture.
Sure, he’d made a similar end-of-the-world prediction for September 6,
1994, but who hasn’t been tripped up by biblical verses? With
additional studying, calculations and new signs that would be revealed
later, he said earlier this year that he had no doubts this time
around.

“I know it’s absolutely true, because the Bible is always absolutely
true,” he told CNN before May 21. “If I were not faithful that would
mean that I’m a hypocrite.”

Problem is, May 21 came and went, and the world remained the same.
Soon the billboards disappeared. The T-shirts and hats worn by
believers got tossed. The RVs were quietly parked, tucked away in
storage yards, possibly sold.

Camping came forth, two days later, with an explanation - and his last
news conference. October 21 would still be the end, he said, but a
“loving and merciful” God had opted to spare humanity the five months
of turmoil.

A couple of weeks later, Camping had a stroke. He is said to be
recuperating at home after a hospital and rehab stay and has only made
a handful of radio addresses in the months since. Family Radio
declined our requests to interview him.

Fred Store, a 66-year-old retired electrician and longtime Family
Radio listener, dedicated seven months of his life to sharing the
“awesome news” that was the May 21 message. He led a caravan of
believers, five RVs strong, on a tour of the United States for Family
Radio. He was in Boston in May when he expected to be raptured up to
heaven.

When nothing happened, “We were caught by surprise. ... But we realize
now that it’s very possible that we misunderstood some of the things
we thought were true,” Store said this week from his home in
Sacramento, California, where he has put up a number of caravan
friends.

“I believe that October 21 is the end, and I trust in God. Whatever
way he chooses to end things will be perfect.”

On the Family Radio website, the May 21 events, or nonevents, have
been clarified.

“What really happened is that God accomplished exactly what he wanted
to happen. That was to warn the whole world that on May 21 God’s
salvation program would be finished. ... For the next five months,
except for the elect (the true believers), the whole world is under
God’s final judgment,” the statement reads.

As for that massive, body-flinging earthquake anticipated by
believers, well, it turned out to be less literal.

“We always look at the word ‘earthquake’ to mean the earth, or ground,
is quaking or shaking violently. However, in the Bible the word
‘earth’ can include people as well as ground. ... Therefore we have
learned from our experience of last May 21 what actually happened. All
of mankind was shaken with fear. Indeed the Earth (or mankind) did
quake in a way it had never before been shaken.”

No one was raptured on May 21, but that’s just because “universal
judgment” will come on the last day. “The elect” or “true believers”
are still guaranteed their day of rapture, and everyone else will be
“annihilated together with the whole physical world.”

For Paul Anatiychuk, 36, of Charlotte, North Carolina, the way this
played out has been a relief, a blessing. A husband and father of two
children, ages 8 and 9, he wasn’t sure if his own family members would
be saved. The thought of leaving them behind on May 21, to suffer what
would come over the next five months, troubled him.

“God tortures them while we’re hanging in the clouds?” he said this
week. “It didn’t completely fit.”

Now, Anatiychuk said, he can take solace knowing that when he’s saved,
sinners will simply die.

“Of course (the world) has to be destroyed and burned up by fire,” he
said. “But it’s going to be very quiet.”

Finding a way to save faith, and face, is part of the process when a
prophecy fails, said Lorenzo DiTommaso, an associate professor of
religion at Concordia University in Montreal, who has been studying
apocalyptic worldviews for a dozen years.

He said those who become disillusioned aren’t quick to talk, and the
rest find a new way to spin what has transpired.

When nothing happened on May 21, Camping was left with a choice, said
DiTommaso, whose book, “The Architecture of Apocalypticism,” is
scheduled for publication next spring.

Camping could have admitted he was wrong. He could have said the
calculations were off and needed further analysis. Or he could have
spiritualized the apocalypse, which is exactly what he did, DiTommaso
said.

That tack, that way of looking at the apocalypse, has a long history,
he said, and dates back to early Christian theologians. Tyconius, in
the late fourth century, took this approach, as - more notably - did
Augustine in the early fifth century.

Augustine “preferred to understand the millennium predicted in the
Revelation of John in spiritual and metaphoric rather than literal
terms,” DiTommaso said. He “sought to diminish the emphasis on hard
calculations.”

The obvious advantage of this sort of interpretation for a man like
Camping, who has prided himself on his numbers, is that he can
“divorce himself a little bit from the fact that he was so darn
wrong.”

What Camping will say - if anything - come Saturday, assuming there is
a Saturday, is anyone’s guess.

But DiTommaso said a new explanation, perhaps a new doomsday date, may
be on the horizon. It would be just another in a long line of end-time
predictions across the ages.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if we see another attempt” by Camping, he
said. “If he were an artist, this is his masterpiece, his life work.”

yawgnomdub

Oct 21, 2011, 5:20:19 PM10/21/11
On Oct 21, 3:36 pm, cwjmem <cwj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know about it, but Qaddafi was ended Yesterday!!!
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
>
> http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/21/the-end-again-if-it-is-we-th...
Thaub aw

Cas koj yuav muaj siab rau tej niag kam ntiajteb kawg no heev ua luaj
naw. Yog koj muaj nyiaj pab kuv ces wb mus lawm suavteb ces thiaj pom
ntiajteb kawg tiag tiag os.

cwjmem

Oct 22, 2011, 1:20:00 AM10/22/11
On Oct 21, 2:20 pm, yawgnomdub <yawg...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Thaub aw
>
> Cas koj yuav muaj siab rau tej niag kam ntiajteb kawg no heev ua luaj
> naw. Yog koj muaj nyiaj pab kuv ces wb mus lawm suavteb ces thiaj pom
> ntiajteb kawg tiag tiag os.

Kuv tsuas muab Yawg Laus Ruam "harold Camping" no cov lus los tshaj
tawm xwb. Mab dawb tus tswv dab qhuas tsis los lawm, lam dag neeg yuav
nyiaj lawm xwb.

he he he... Yog koj muaj siab tiag, kuv mam coj koj nrog kuv wb mus
haus tshuaj nyob rau tuam tshoj nawb, saub koj cov nyuag kev mob laug,
tes taw ntawm puas yuav zoo. Kuv li mas suav teb yeej muaj ib cov
tshuaj haus tag lawm mas zoo heev nawb.

Ya

Oct 25, 2011, 12:05:14 PM10/25/11
tejzaum yog ntuj kawg lawm tiag pob...??? ntshe lawd pawg ntseeg mus
aub ntsev tag lawm es ua cas pawg ntseeg tsi hais lus, tsi los teb li
ne???

of course, history does show many many "predictions" by christains/
bible turned out to be untrue. but again, at then end, there was
always an "explanation." RELIGION IS WHAT WE MAKE OF for those of you
who are blinded by faith.

cwjmem

Oct 25, 2011, 2:14:32 PM10/25/11
As long as there are Christians on these planet, there are gonna have
more "Rupture" predictions, have many preachers that are waiting to
suck out the blood of their victim alive.

idonotknow

Oct 25, 2011, 2:17:59 PM10/25/11
yog ntseeg thiab no xa koj tej nyiaj $, checking/saving account rau kuv maj maj ua ntej nej yuav mus tsam tsis cauj me ntsis nej xa tsis cuag lawm na. tsuag tsuag nawb... maj maj ov.

Nty

Oct 26, 2011, 3:20:39 PM10/26/11
You don't know wtf your talking about