Hmoob Millionaire

chia

Oct 5, 2011, 2:30:15 PM10/5/11
Peb cov Hmoob tuaj nyob tebchaws Mekas no tau li 30 tawm xyoo lawm peb
muaj coob tus tau Dr. degree lawm. Tab sis tsis hnov peb hais txog
peb Hmoob become ua millionaire ntau tus li. Ua li nej leej twg paub
peb cov Hmoob muaj pes tsawg tus become ua millionaire lawm no hais
rau sawvdaws paub thiab seb.

idonotknow

Oct 5, 2011, 2:47:08 PM10/5/11
hmoob ib txwm yog millionaire dej siab ntsws. ntawm $ mas yuav tsawg heev tabsis nplooj siab mas coob kawg lawm.

John

Oct 5, 2011, 5:15:38 PM10/5/11
Millionaire no es koj txais li cas Ma? Networth or actual cash? My
networth is in the billion but actual cash ces tsuas txaus noj txaus
haus xwb as...hehe

DownUnder

Oct 6, 2011, 5:43:35 AM10/6/11
Millionaire is more about NETWORK - not cash. No millionaire will
keep a million $ under the bad!!!

I remember a a friend told me... and this guy is multi-millionaire...
he said that if you can count how much money you have, you may be a
millionaire yet!!.

For those interested, there is a book called, "The Millionaire Next
Door" - In this New York Times best-selling book, The Millionaire Next
Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy, Dr. Thomas J.
Stanley uses over two decades worth of surveys, personal interviews
with millionaires, and data to reveal the secrets for building wealth
in America.

For those who are lazy like me... here is the summary of the book:

The general premise of The Millionaire Next Door is that the pop
culture concept of a millionaire is quite false and that most actual
millionaires live a very simple lifestyle. The authors, Stanley and
Danko, did extensive profiling of people whose net worth defined them
as millionaires along with those whose salaries and age defined them
as likely millionaires and, using this data, created a detailed
profile of who exactly a typical millionaire is. From there, extensive
interviews with these “typical” millionaires created a much more
detailed picture of what it actually means to be a millionaire in
today’s society.

Many people who earn high incomes are not rich, the authors warn.
Most people with high incomes fail to accumulate any lasting wealth.
They live hyperconsumer lifestyles, spending their money as fast as
they earn it. In order to accumulate wealth, in order to become rich,
one must not only earn a lot (play “good offense”, according to
Stanley and Danko), but also develop FRUGAL habits (play “good
defense”). Most books focus on only one side of the wealth equation:
spending less or earning more. It’s refreshing to read a book that
makes it clear that both are required to succeed. It’s as if people
can be classified based on the following table (which is my own
invention based on the authors’ findings):

High Income
Low Income

Frugal wealthy breaking even (spartan) Spender breaking even (lavish)
broke High-income spenders live in a house of a cards. Sure they have
the money now to fund their hyperconsumer lifestyle, but what happens
when that money goes away? It’s also difficult for low-income frugal
folks to acquire wealth. They need to learn to play financial
“offense”. But those with low incomes who spend are in the biggest
trouble of all. The wealthy, on the other hand, generally have a high
income and a frugal mindset. They share other characteristics as well.

80% of America’s millionaires are first-generation rich. This is
contrary to those who would have you believe that wealth is usually
inherited.
20% of millionaires are retired
50% of millionaires own a business

The authors write, "In the course of our investigations, we discovered
seven (7) common denominators among those who successfully build
wealth." Those characteristics are:

They live well below their means. In general, millionaires are
frugal. Not only do they self-identify as frugal, they actually live
the life. They take extraordinary steps to save money. They don’t live
lavish lifestyles. They’re willing to pay for quality, but not for
image.
They allocate their time, energy, and money efficiently, in ways
conducive to building wealth. Millionaires budget. They also plan
their investments. They begin earning and investing early in life. The
authors note that “there is an inverse relationship between the time
spent purchasing luxury items such as cars and clothes and the time
spent planning one’s financial future”. In other words, the more time
someone spends buying things that look good, the less time they spend
on personal finance.
They believe that financial independence is more important than
displaying high social status. The authors spend far too much time
beating home this point: usually millionaires don’t have fancy cars.
They drive mundane domestic models, and they keep them for years.
(There’s an entire 31-page chapter devoted to how millionaires shop
for cars. It’s tedious. It may be the worst chapter I’ve ever read in
any personal finance book. And the authors go on ad nauseum about the
average price per pound of various vehicles. There’s even an appendix
showing the average price-per-pound for the most popular models.)
Their parents did not provide economic outpatient care. That is,
most millionaires were not financially supported by their parents. The
authors’ research indicates that “the more dollars adult children
receive [from their parents], the fewer they accumulate, while those
who are given fewer dollars accumulate more”.
Their adult children are economically self-sufficient. This
chapter is fascinating. The authors clearly believe that giving money
to adult children damages their ability to succeed.
They are proficient in targeting market opportunities. “Very often
those who supply the affluent become wealthy themselves.” The authors
discuss how one of the best ways to make money is to sell products or
services to those who already have money. They list a number of
occupations they feel have long-term potential in this area.
They chose the right occupation. “Self-employed people are four
times more likely to be millionaires than those who work for others.”
There is no magic list of businesses from which wealth is derived —
people can be successful with any type of business. In fact, most
millionaire business owners make their money in “dull-normal”
industries. They build cabinets. They sell shoes. They’re dentists.
They own bowling alleys. They make boxes. There’s no magic bullet.

*** Based on what is covered in the book, there are few Hmong who
would fit into the definition of Millionaire.... but don't look at the
cover of the book... some of those millionaire are just your ordinary
neighbor, using 10 years-old Motorola mobile.. and drive a normal
car... dress like any normal people, they do not follow the fads and
the fashions...***

I remember on e time, I attended a Seminar on Being Rich... the
speaker was saying that he own a numbers of houses and units for
rent... when he walked into those house & flats, he noted that the
tenants have expensive gadgets, the latest 3-D TV, the latest mobile
phone and more.... the sort of THINGS that the OWNER of the house/flat
cannot afford to buy!!... THAT IS THE REASONS HE OWN ALL THOSE
PROPERTIES AND the tenants are RENTING them!

um............. enough for now............\

DU

Yaj Tshaj Koob

Oct 6, 2011, 7:20:04 AM10/6/11
On Oct 5, 1:30 pm, chia <dawbl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Kwv Chia,

Peb Hmoob li ces ntshe yog peb yawm kwv tij Hmoob Yaj quav txiaj twv
Poker es yeej $8,000,000.00 dollar xwb les. Neeg quav txiaj cav tau
nyiaj ib zaug thiab laiv.

YTK

chia

Oct 6, 2011, 9:09:11 AM10/6/11
YTK,

Raws li kuv xav mas nyiaj txiag yog ib yam peb muaj los peb tsis xav
qhia rau leej twg paub tias peb muaj npaum ub npaum no. Xyoo 1993 kuv
tseem yog ib tug life insurance agent nyob rau Primerica Life
Insurance Company, muaj ib tug up line Amelikas tau coj peb cov agents
mus saib nws lub tsev, vim nws become los ua ib tug millionaire
lawm. Nws lub tsev yeej zoo heev thiab nrog rau 30 acres av. Nws make
nws qhov income over a million per year, nws hais tias mus tom tej
tajlaj mas yus saib yam khoom seb yus puas nyiam xwb yus yeej tsis
saib tus nqi. Yog yam khoom yus nyiam lawm ces yeej cia li yuav xwb.

Nws kuj yog ib tug muaj nyiaj rau lub tebchaws no thiab. Lawv cov
neeg muaj nyiaj cash nto lab rov saum yeej muaj npe nyob hauv record,
vim lawv count tau tias lub tebchaws Mekas no nws muaj pes tsawg tus
neeg yog millionaire thiab multimillion.

phwvnyawm

Oct 6, 2011, 12:08:04 PM10/6/11

Tij laug Yajtshaj koob,

Txhob lam cem peb yawg kwv tij Jerry thiab nawb.Yawg kuj xav kom hmoob
sib hlub, muaj av nrog luag nyob thiab od.

> Peb Hmoob li ces ntshe yog peb yawm kwv tij Hmoob Yaj quav txiaj twv
> Poker es yeej $8,000,000.00 dollar xwb les. Neeg quav txiaj cav tau
> nyiaj ib zaug thiab laiv.
>
> YTK

Koj sim mloog yawg cov nkauj saib maj.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq0OctxZ8KM&feature=related

tou

Oct 6, 2011, 2:06:43 PM10/6/11
Peb yeej muaj cov millionair coob lawm tiam sis tsis zoo khav theeb
xwb.
Jerry yang mas yog thawj tus lawm nawb.
Kuv hnov lawv hais tias mua ob niam txiv nyob CA yuav ib tsev 1
million yog them cash but I have no proof.
Yawg hmoob xyooj ua lub tab laj hmong international market los yeej
yog millionair lawm,
lawv cov yawg ua lub Hmoob Village los yeej yog millionair lawm,
Cov tswv taj laj ntawm St. Paul kuj muaj coob tug yog millionair, cov
nyob Fresno thiab lwv qhov los muaj coob but have no sources. Muaj ib
couple hmoob yaj nyob WI ua tsev laug los yog millionar lawm, muaj ib
tus ny St. Paul ua tsev lau los kuj yog millionair lawm. Lawv cov ua
charte school nyob St. Paul the CA lo lawm yeej yog millionar tas
lawm. Dr. Sua Thao los kuj yog ib tus millionair lawm. etc....

DownUnder

Oct 7, 2011, 2:50:45 AM10/7/11
We have the FIRST Hmong millionaire in 1982!

DU

DownUnder

Oct 7, 2011, 2:55:58 AM10/7/11
Yam li.. peb kuj muaj ib tug Hmong millionaire from Primerica!
Tsis yog muaj networth xwb, tabsis muaj cash flow tibsis.

Tabsis tej tus neeg no kuj tsi yog cov neeg khav theeb... ces feem
coob twb tsis paub tias cov hmoob no yog leej twg... Qhov kuv paub mas
yog tias kuv kuj tau ua business nrog Citigroup/Citibank/Primerica es
kuv thiaj tau paub thiab tau ntsib cov Hmoob no xwb.

du.

tseemyeej

Oct 7, 2011, 3:04:11 AM10/7/11
My ol fliend doctawmpov awd,

On Oct 6, 11:50 pm, DownUnder <drpaosay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have the FIRST Hmong millionaire in 1982!
U r wrong, Hmoob twb xub muaj nyiaj million dollars, way before 82,
nyob Nplogteb lawm las sav. Koj tsis nco qab lawm lov? Hahaha...Koj
mas tam tseeb tiag laud. Guess who?

Yur ol fliend TseemYeej.

DownUnder

Oct 7, 2011, 10:56:24 PM10/7/11

Peb piav txog cov Hmong uas khiav tuaj ua neej tshiab nyob USA xwb....
Nyob Nplog teb... that is a dufferent story...

du