Education: on Pure Mathematics and Its Beauty

HenryDavidT

Aug 10, 2015, 2:50:42 AM8/10/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0PEz8CmMSc

This is why, despite all the doom and gloom politicians who like to get elected and have us carry them on our backs all the time, the USA shall always be one step ahead: we attract, ULTIMATELY, truly, the best and brightest... because our society is DYNAMIC enough in PARAMATERS --- think and do whatever the fuck you want and fuck all "authorities" who say THEY KNEW MORE AND KNOW BETTER and KNOW THE CORRECT WAY TO DO THINKING, etc...

That mindset leads to lot of problems, too, sure. But it also frees people from basic fear --- fear of nothing thinking a certain thought, about a certain "correct" idea, or ideology, because it "runs counter to the correct and wise leaders way of thinking, the only one allowed" --- and that freedom, ultimately, allows America to be ahead of the rest...

Year in, year out, generation after generation, we have millions of people finding their ways to our shores... most will only come to pick fruits and vegetables and do assembly work... but some are geniuses awaiting their time and their place... and MOST will, within a generation or two, produce good, educated, and hard working citizens to take the place of those who's gone on...

Ignore the fear mongering knuckleheads who want to "take America back and return it to what it was like" in the 1950s, 30s, 1880s, 1820s, or 1700s...

mi hlub

Aug 12, 2015, 11:28:24 AM8/12/15
MATH is ONLY FUN UP TO CALCULUS IN HIGH SCHOOL BEYOND THAT MATH KILLS BY MAKING YOU BRAIN INTO FRY EGG. IT DID TO ME AT THE U IN THAT 1200-1300 CLASS LEVEL OF CALCULUS.I GOT NOTHING LESS THAN AN "A+" IN MATH AT HIGH SCHOOL BUT AT THE U I GOT PLENY "C" DURING FINAL TEST I SEAT IN THAT CHAIR LOOKING AT THE TEST PROBLEM FOR HOURS. I MANAGED TO COMPLETE PROOFING SOME PROBLEM BUT LEAVE AT LEAST 25% BLANK. 1 OF THE PROBLEM I WROTE MY WORK IN 4 PAGES AND RAN INTO DEADEND. A FEW DAYS LATER THE PRO SAID HE CHECK MY TEST SHEET AND SAW MY 4 PAGES OF PROOF. HE SAID I NEED TO PROOF IT CORRECTLY I'LL NEED TO WRITE 5 PAGES BY USING ANOTHER THEOREM TO SOLVE IT. FINAL WAS FINAL I GOT "C" FOR THt class. so i went to counselor office to DROP my DOUBLE MAJOR by just keeping COMPUTER SCIENCE I ALREADY GOT ENOUGH CREDIT TO GRADUATE THAT QUARTER SO I GRAB MY GRADUATION PAPER AND HEAD BACK TO MSP. MATH IS FUN BUT IT MADE FRY EGGS OUT OF MY BRAIN. THAT WAS 21 YEARS AGO. NOW I AM GOING TO THE U AGAIN TO TUCKLE POLITICAL SCIENCE. I HAT READING BUT I HAD TO CONQUER POLITICAL SCIENCE.