What is the scoop about Attorney Sia Lo

txawjua

Feb 9, 2005, 11:26:46 AM2/9/05
Does any one knwo the true scoop about Sia Lo? Please share. I only
hear a little on TV about "SIA LO and CORRUPTION".

What is the main SCOOP ABOUT IT?

Txawj Ua.

HmoobHlubHmoob

Feb 9, 2005, 11:31:42 AM2/9/05
maybe you should call Sia and talk to him. in here you will only hear
rumors beside news article.

zhen

Feb 9, 2005, 11:46:47 AM2/9/05
H3,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL. nice one.

txawjua

Feb 9, 2005, 11:54:09 AM2/9/05

HmoobHlubHmoob wrote:
> maybe you should call Sia and talk to him. in here you will only hear
> rumors beside news article.

Hey you ..

I thought. This web site (CHAT SITE) is the place for information
sharing. I don't know him and I don't have his number that is why I
asked.

Any one know -- please share?

Txawj Ua.

HmoobHlubHmoob

Feb 9, 2005, 12:10:15 PM2/9/05
its interesting when someone do good, we rarely speaks of them, but
when we hear rumors about them, we want to know everything. most time
when they do good, some people still try to see the bad side of the
story.

we should think of others as if we are them and if we are them in a
undesirable situation, we would like others to pray and think good
thoughts of us.

zhen

Feb 9, 2005, 12:43:43 PM2/9/05
H3,

If it bleeds, it leads. That is the saying in news industry about what
is newsworthy. That is why we hear of shit all the time on Hmong
people. That is human nature.

Imagine CNN, MSN-NBC, Fox News, etc... reporting about good things all
day long, it would be like networks of Ophra shows, wouldn't it?

to...@witty.com

Feb 9, 2005, 1:25:57 PM2/9/05
This is local political rumor/gossip or challenge.
Could you guy keep it locally?

SCH is an international forum.

All4One

Feb 9, 2005, 1:43:47 PM2/9/05
i disagree with you! NEWS are NEWS, be it local or national. What's
nice about this forum is that I get both local and national news about
my hmong people at the push of a button. No expensive subscribtions.
LOL

jim

Born2beHmong

Feb 9, 2005, 1:52:19 PM2/9/05
LOL@Jim, you said it all. it is the righteousness person to explore the
pro and con, the good, the bad, and the ugly. we know them all in here,
and we have people from far right and far left who stands on their own
toes without a mood. you got all kind of walks and opinions from this
forum....what a place this is.

Born2bHmong

to...@witty.com

Feb 9, 2005, 4:01:38 PM2/9/05
True, a news is news, but we should be able to distingish the
benefitial of a personal from community, local from global and draw
linese between them.

Of course, I would love to see more and broader topics that are more
involve with Hmong globally in SCH, but I know I have no right to
demend so.

We (Hmong America) have junk this forum too much that our old friends
from overseas all had left us. I already feel bad and shame about this.
And now, this forum become more and more of Hmong America live in the
Twin Cities area.
I don't want to mislead any people (passerby) in this forum any more.

Would you guy love to have us (not live in the Twin Cities) to leave
too?

wac...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2005, 4:15:34 PM2/9/05
Sia is a good, ethical, hard working HMong leader. If anyone has a
problem with him, he/she should go directly to him. No need to pass
out rumors around here or anywhere.

--Brandon

Pao

Feb 9, 2005, 8:12:12 PM2/9/05
It seems to me, as a distant observer, that too many people are TOO
NEGATIVE about life. When there is a rumor or any negative news, many
people would jump in...and go for the jugular! but when there is a
GOOD new... where is every one?

I believe that we should be vigilence but not skeptic; be optimist
about life and not pessimist; be pro-active and not reactive.
And ... there enough GOOD people around in this world but we just have
to find them.

Finally... adopt the "attitude of gratitude" and be mindful that ALL of
us are INTER-dependence and/or CO-dependence. Tus Ruam, tus ntse los
yus yeej yuav tau depend on them ... one day!

Life is like a river, as the old people said. The water can go up and
down... and today, we may be up, but one day, it is a matter of time
only, that we will be down... and when you go up, do not step on the
people you pass because, on the way down, you will meet these same
people again! and you will need them - it is just part of life... and I
just cannot believe that so many people who are suppose to be educated
but blatantly retarded in understanding of this simple law of life.

Any way... Happy Chinese NY to all...

Pao

charli...@yahoo.com

Feb 9, 2005, 9:26:57 PM2/9/05
Thank you, Doctor Pao. I guess that's what seperates the wise from the
fool. I, too, can attest to your thread that we have received more
criticism in SCH about anything than we have with polite expressions of
desire for someone's welfare or good news . And, in the midst of all
this, if I say that we have more pessimistic people than the optimists
then I, too perhaps would fall in this same hole. Rest assured,
however, that Hmong in general and outside of cyberspace have more
sense than these endless rhetorics and we are very forgiving despite
the gossips behind our back. You cannot take SCH serious. I can
pretty much predict who and who are among those ready to react with
attacks by now with even the most credible and trusted news such as
those released by Time Magazine.

Happy Lunar (Year of the Rooster) New Year to you, too.

Charlie

Patty Gomez

Feb 9, 2005, 9:31:24 PM2/9/05
It is expected that all people with conduct their affairs and themselves in
accord with all laws and social constraints. In short, it is expected that
people will be good. It is when they are extremely above average in their
"goodness" or if they go "bad" it becomes news. A story about a dog biting a
man is a story about expected behavior and is not newsworthy. On the other
hand, a man biting a dog is not expected, or ordinary, behavior and is
therefore newsworthy.

In Laos the expected behavior is bribery, extortion, and threats. In the USA
that is unexpected behavior and it not only becomes news, it is prosecutable
behavior.

Lately there is a lot of news in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area regarding
Hmongs. The Wisconsin shootings notwithstanding, there is the shooting of a
13-year-old child, the shootings of Tibetan youth armed with nothing more
lethal than prayer wheels by alleged Hmong gangs, the various Hmong gang
activities regarding prostitution and extortion, the Hmong illegal street
racers, the arson of Hmong homes by alleged Laotian-oriented political
rivals, the drive-by shootings done with a gun loaned by a Hmong St. Paul
policeman (this guy definitely fits the definition of a moron), the Hmong
bars cited for showing adult videos and serving underage customers (and
thankfully one of those buildings is now an empty lot), underage
"traditional marriages" and I could go on and on and on.

Now a Hmong lawyer is accused of being party to a bribery scheme involving
her brother who has situated himself well in the St. Paul city hall. It
seems that the "old country" habits just don't die. Maybe it's a good idea
if the old General goes back to Laos, effects a revolution, then installs
himself as dictator. He can then call all of the faithful back to Laos and
spare us all this cultural tradition nonsense.

"I have to pay a bribe to whom to get a food booth at the 4th of July
games?"

viml...@yahoo.com

Feb 9, 2005, 10:07:02 PM2/9/05

> games?"

MARIA GOMEZ GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK.
MARIA GOMEZ GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK.
MARIA GOMEZ GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK.
MARIA GOMEZ GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK.

to...@witty.com

Feb 10, 2005, 2:32:46 AM2/10/05

Pao wrote:
> It seems to me, as a distant observer, that too many people are TOO
> NEGATIVE about life. When there is a rumor or any negative news, many
> people would jump in...and go for the jugular! but when there is a
> GOOD new... where is every one?

This is so true, expecialy after Hmong on line go off line. SCH become
a place for many (Hmong American) to release their obsessive envies.

No one has said a thing when Attorney Sia Lo come in to service, but a
few bad cliche come out and every body speculated about it.

We wow to change our attitude from our oldmen's, but we still wearing
thier shoes.

for the past decades, my observation tell me that the new young Hmong
generation wouldn't take a negative comment or negative news as
challenge as the old said. The young generation would take every things
as it is. So, if we want a positive bright Hmong society, we should
feed them with positive news and motivate them with the high point of a
Hmong idol not the low point of it.

to...@witty.com

Feb 10, 2005, 3:39:43 AM2/10/05
I am sorry Ms. Gomez. These problems of your are here long before the
Hmong comming to this country. In fact the Hmong just comming to pick
up what has been left over. These problems are new to the Hmong
community but not for the Ameircan society. Prove? there were rules and
laws to control these type of problems long before the Hmong ever step
in this land.

If you don't like (can't see a way to improve) the Hmong you don't have
to deal with them. There are plenty of good peaple who are willing to
help each other out of the bad.

It is a shame, your 4 of July food booth story. It is you who suppose
to be ashamed not the 4 of Jul. committee or the Hmong as a social
group. You are the one who expect every thing to be free as the story
of the Hmong during Longching era (actually they did paid a very high
hidden price for every single thing during they got during that era -
the Hmong paid with their own life). Now, tell me how many lawsuit that
FOX TV get, after the Super Bowl game that FOX TV couln't run
everyone's add. And tell me how much they have to pay for a fraction of
a second to air their add during the Super Bowl game. Let along the
lobby money (in your language - bribe) that these company have to pay
lobbyist so they can get a spot on the event. If you don't want to pay
your so call bribe price then you don't have to do business with them.
If they don't deliver the services that they promise you, go sue them.
No one forbid you.

The law of the land is there for you to use, if you can't use it that
mean you are the real out-law or greater of lawlessness. So, stop
bashing around by making yourself a fool.

tyv

Feb 10, 2005, 8:38:55 AM2/10/05
Brandon

Why are you so positive? Tau ua ib nyuag qhov kam zoo xwb los twb hais
lus tsw tsw lawm nad. Koj puas xav hais tias peb cov hlua yuav tau
correct peb tus kheej thiab?

Teng Y. Vue

Yia Lor

Feb 10, 2005, 10:32:51 AM2/10/05
It's all politics. Tab sis yog koj hais txog ntawm Siab Lauj, mas kuv
qhia rau koj hais tias nws yog ib tug neeg zoo. Nws hlub txog nws cov
kwv cov tij thiab tau siv zog pab peb Hmoob. Kuv ntseeg hais tias nws
yuav tsis lam ua li ub li no uas yuam txoj cai.

Yia Lor

zhen

Feb 10, 2005, 10:54:31 AM2/10/05
Ms. Gomez,

You sure dug a deep hole for yourself. Are you sure the expected
behaviour for American politicians is any different from politicians
around the world regardless of time frame? I am sure bribery and
extortions imbued all civilizations throughout the ages, and it was
neither unique to nor natively the expected norm in Laos.

And about the newsworthy stuff, that is strictly a matter of opinion
for lay people and a matter of revenue for business. It has very little
to do with "expected norms."

Moreover, there are a lot of bad news about other ethnic communities as
well, and I too can go on and on, but unlike you, I know how to discern
the difference between isolated incidents and endemic ethnic community
problems.

Do you know anything about anything or will you just pull anything out
from your ass? How the hell did you come to the conclusion that one of
the "old country" habits is bribery? Do you not know that bribery
happens not too infrequently in politics around the world? And how the
hell did you make a connection between GVP and any of the crap you have
said?

I hope those involved with corruption go to jail, regardless of race or
ethnicity. I hope those who talk shit like you and make arguments from
naive assumptions get a loan for a remedial course in common sense.

Senorita Gomez, cayatarse tu boca porque tu es muy tonta. Tu es una
pera.

HmoobHlubHmoob

Feb 10, 2005, 11:34:13 AM2/10/05
Gomez,

okay don't forget bush and his neocons lied to the world, took the
nation to war and killed est. 100,000,000 innocent iraqi civilians.

don't forget the enron scandal, the worldcom scandal, the tyco, the
deep throat, the 2000 elections, the mayor down south who stole from
marshall fields, president clinton and monica getting down in the oral
office, the big campaign contributions, martha steward scandal, the
authur andersen scandel, the mob, the cia and cocaine cartels, just to
name a few.

TomThao

Sep 7, 2016, 11:51:46 AM9/7/16
Sia Lo is a scumbag snake and traitor. PERIOD!

pov...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2016, 1:13:11 PM9/8/16
Tom Thao:

Don't just criticize in a negative way, please give us the facts!
come on man! Yog yawm ua lecag tes has kag qhov hov ntawd mas!
pheej has tas scumbag, snake and traitor xwb, yog koj has tsis tau
tes yog koj khibx kws luag txawj hab ntse dluas yug lawm puas yog?