Re: Closing the Hmong Chapter

Message has been deleted

yag...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2015, 11:04:35 AM11/30/15
yog ler..tu siab kawg...i remember coming here with alex lor and many others who began back around 97. tsi ua cas, laus tag lawm, hais lus los tsi muaj qab hau li lawm os.

Phwvxev

Nov 30, 2015, 11:19:06 AM11/30/15
Yog lawm. Thaus yug ncig txug twg los pum tas Moob ces txi paub zoo tshaaj los sis dhlau sis faib noj le cov maabqus xwb. Tshaaj ntawd ces Moob tsi paub ua lawm. Moob ib txha mas loj sim txawj taw teg rua lwm tug, lwm pawg, lwm haiv tawm sis nyob huv tsob Moob txawm muaj sov neeg qus hab nyoog kawg nkaus. Taab txawm nyob Meskas teb kag los cov Moob kws maag loj vim ua txhum cai per ratio haj tseem coob tshaj lwm haiv neeg. Sim xaav saib puas yog....

Message has been deleted

yag...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2015, 9:18:52 PM11/30/15
ntev lawm...laus lawm...

cov yawg..ua cas es..tib pliag xwb, kuv 4 hau sib sib lawm. tsi ntev ces, kawg yeeb nkab lawm xwb.

20 years...and i accomplished nothing...what a sad life.

tsee...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2015, 12:37:23 AM12/1/15
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 9:26:28 PM UTC-7, minyuam...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sad...and sadly....
>
> 1. No one listen to hmong politics anymore (too boring, and too nonsense)
> 2. The passing of Vaj Pov (He takes the Hmong history with him)
> 3. No more conflicts among Hmong/Mong
> 4. Most Hmong organizations (non-profits), are in surviving mode....donation are non- to non-existing, as there's no trusts among the new generation and old generation
> 5. Many Hmong veterans, elders, and first generations have already passed away
> 6. Very few Hmong elders actually recalls life from the Vietnam Era....
> 7. Most active SCH member no longer coming here anymore (some have passed away as well)
> 8. The Hmong world is so cold, and kev koom tes have since vanished...
>
> .....and this chapter of Hmong history had closed for good.
>
> Your thoughts, reflections.....including Vaj Ncuab, and the few that are still visiting this forum once in a while?

No, no, no....Hmong World is not dying down, instead, it's still growing bigger and bigger. Last week I met some one. I asked him how did he do? He replied that he just came back from visting his son's place. I asked where's about? With a wide smile, he mumbled Arizona. I asked what his son is doing there? He said his son is completing his MD there. Wow!! Your son must make a lot of monies there,huh? He nodded his head positively and continued:-"And my daughter is making over 100k at Utah too.
-"stunk by his surprising remark....I kept saying wow!wow!wow!...then he just walked away without saying goodbye at all.

Not only that, kuv tseem hnov Hmoob tham-m tias:
-"VP tuag tag lawm mas sd tau zoo nyob kawg, khwv tau tsawg duas los, yog tsis yog yus tus kheej no siv, nyiaj nyob nyiaj, tsis ploj tsis mus twg li thaum ub lawm, tau zoo noj kawg lawm no laiv. Tsis zoo li thaum vp tseem muaj siav nyob; khwv tau tsawg duas los yeej muaj tus tuaj sau hlo lawm, yus ces tsua khaws xyeem ntsais muag duj doom xwb".

Kuv los; xyov yog tshav nreej twg lawm thiab, txij li yawg hlob tso peb tseg tav no lawm, ciali tsis muaj tus tawm tuaj cem kuv li lawm thiab laiv.

TseemYeej.

Message has been deleted

All4One

Dec 1, 2015, 3:28:13 PM12/1/15
Nyob zoo/Greeting to old/new friends of SCH.

Has it really been 20+ years since the inception of SCH? I remember joining this user group right out of technical school at the age of 21. One memorable event that were highly discussed at the time were the murdered of PaNia (name could be wrong?) in Colorado? It opened up my eyes to the danger of online cheating and other social exchanges between opposite sex. Nonetheless....

As said, time stops for no one and Hmong shouldn't stuck in time. With the passing of a GVP, a chapter of our struggle was written and sealed in history as one of the greatest tribulations of our time in history.

Within the last 40 years since we set foot on this country....Hmong has come a long way to be where we are today. Regret not a moment...lets MOVE FORWARD and look toward the future as we cultivate and carve our own dreams/destinations/stories to pass it on to future Hmong American. One chapter closed....a NEW one OPENS

It's not what we achieved TODAY that transcend our memories....but it's WHAT we LEAVE behind that remain timeless.

With this said....I wish each and everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Jim

donyhm...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2015, 3:58:41 PM12/1/15
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 10:19:41 PM UTC-8, minyuam...@gmail.com wrote:
> TseemYeej,
>
> You are absolutely correct. I agreed that since the passing of VP, Hmong have become a better people. Hmong are getting richer by the days, having less conflicts, and more times to spend with families.
>
> Now, Hmong can go to for-profit Hmong New Year, and pay entrances fee if $8 dollar a person without any worries, buying $15.00 a pitcher of for friends to drink, as as well having newer home to live, and drive 2016 cars. Hmong are now scattering and living in every states, that offered them jobs.
>
> Yag, 20 years have passed, and I accomplished nothing in this forum, as well. All that I had learned were that, everything in SCH since the past 20 years were scams, and people made up stuffs, so that we all could have something to talked about. For example, the conflicts between TseemYeej and a guy (I forgot this name). I recalled the guy loss the battle to TseemYeej, when TseemYeej asked for some clarification of the word, "absurd".
>
> A better day tomorrow.....to you all.....
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0DzOuU4Mw
Minyuam,

Stop Blaming GVP. One can not compare the present success to what we did not accomplish 5, 10, 20 years ago. Progress is going along with time as more advanced technologies are invented and new ideas are formed. I see that our Hmong people Love to Criticize their Leaders more than any Races that I have known. Dony
Message has been deleted

All4One

Dec 2, 2015, 4:45:25 PM12/2/15
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:54:11 PM UTC-6, minyuam...@gmail.com wrote:
> Jim,
>
> 20 + years, and life were much fun back then than now. Still young, looking charm, and hanging out with peers in college. No worries and no hardship. Chatting and laughing hard, when coming to SCH back then. At the same time, also feeling happy and hopeful to learned and gain some knowledge from our Hmong brothers, sisters, and scholar around the world through this forum.
>
> Man, time really flies. Nowadays, missed all old friends, and members of SCH. Lost all contact infor and didn't even know where they live, or how the world is treating them now. Hairs falling, and getting bald.....
>
> I self-reflected and recalled of the various conflicts members of SCH has had at each others. Hopefully everybody's doing OK these days.
>
> Lets see of what the next chapter will hold for our Hmong people....
>
> Here's my prediction:
>
> 1. Hmong in Minnesota will have another two to five state senators/representatives/city councils
>
> 2. Hmong in California will have at least one state senator/Representative
>
> 3. One Hmong person will attempt to run for US Senator/Representative
>
> 4. At least one person will be eyeing their eyes to become a governor
>
> 5. The Hmong 18 clans and Hmong International New Year will collaborate, join force to host the Hmong International New Year in Fresno, Ca.
>
> 6. Hmong will live and work in every state capitals in the fifty us states....
>
> ...more later
>

> I cheer a glass of liquor to you Jim, and all.
>

> Happy Hmong New Year....
Those are BOLD predictions....but certainly attainable if there's a desire and conviction from the individuals.

I've always stressed the needs for our people to place our people in strategic positions in all faceted of political and business arenas if we are to move mountains or becoming an effective group of people in this country.

Such dream takes time and effort and supports from the community as well as the individuals.

Good Health

Jim
Message has been deleted

gmli...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2015, 2:20:59 AM12/13/15
Dony,

Beg to disagree though. Regardless what Hmong leaders did, no matter how unscrupulous, Hmong simply accepted. Few had stood up and posed serious questions and challenges. For this, Hmong paid a heavy price. Of course, we can't fault those who were in no position to do so. Only lately have Hmong become more inquisitive and assertive.

Problem is: are they going to go overboard by malice and folly?

In America, for good or for ill, we put our leaders in a grinder 24/7.

Teev

gmli...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2015, 2:40:22 AM12/13/15
Yag,

You are being modest. I am sure you have accomplished something meaningful, at the least, to yourself and your family. Don't put yourself down.

Considering where we started, no doubt we have done more than we expected when we first arrived in America. Then, we had nothing, even no English.

A little bit of self-congratulation is not entirely an unwarranted proposition.

Teev

minyuam...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2015, 9:52:16 AM12/13/15
teev...

i was wondering of how to say...noj nyoos haus txias...in english....i guess you can help per my english is bad.

oh...
searching for someone to blame
but theres no body
so blame our uneducate leaders
who have done so little
to our hmong people

his passing
we self reflects
witness share moments of our uneducate leaders life
witness share how they breath
witnesd share how theu live
a few share of the regrets

his passing left us speechless