Thov paab qha lug English

Moghlub

Apr 19, 2015, 9:33:26 PM4/19/15
Puab yawm....aw...

Cov nam noog "Piv" es nojx nplej ntawd lug English hu le caag? Thov paab qha seb.

Ua tsaug,

HenryDavidT

Apr 20, 2015, 12:22:03 AM4/20/15
My memory of birds of Southeast Asia is dim, after 40 years this years, as we left Laos in 1975, after my first year of school.

So I don't remember a lot of birds, except to refresh my memory using books and, now, the Internet.

But I believe "PIV" is a member of the MUNIAS, which are very similar to the FINCHES, which in turn are very similar to the sparrows you see fluttering everywhere around your home, farms, streets, etc.

But, then, again, I think the "munias" beaks are a little bit too big to be the "piv" I remember as a small boy who followed uncles and cousins to the farm to catch, a few times.

The FINCHES beak seems to be the "piv" size beak that I remember....

http://www.ecologyasia.com/verts/birds/munias.htm
http://www.ecologyasia.com/verts/birds.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaiP8Rpc-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCpo8pMnMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ulzgJB_Mg

This FINCH above here sounds a lot closer to the "piv" I remember in Laos. And so are the "weaver birds" of Indonesia, in one of the videos here, too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCpo8pMnMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4UGvhbK1Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCpo8pMnMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWRVvC5RXJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH53lYeNqq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH53lYeNqq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1_PhFbJr2Q

The one above here are said to be "weaver birds" of Indonesia, in rice farms; and they make noises like the "piv" we knew about in Laos that would eat tons of rice.

But, obviously, this subspecies in Indonesia has an Indonesian-adaptation to it, so it looks slightly different in color from the brown-ish kind we have in Laos (or used to have). This subspecies, as you can see, has a "white" head (I assume those are the males)...

((((( In nature, most of the males are the fancier ones, as they have to be the absolutely most exquisite ... think of birds of paradise, hos huam, nraj, etc. where the females are very dull looking but the guys are incredibly beautiful... 'tis so the guys could mate with as many females as possible, whereas for the females, if you're protecting the eggs, you need to be as INCONSPICUOUS as possible, so you "blend in" with the surrounding so predators don't get to you, so you could nurture the next generation of your species, etc.))))

The two below videos are similar in beak; but they belong to the most numerous species, the "quelea" of Africa... But they are, as you can see here, also a plague where farmers are concerned in Africa, since they can devour whole farms, since they are so numerous in numbers...

The "piv" of Laos seem to fly in rather small groups, of a few to no more than 10 or 20, if I remember. Yes, when they converge to feed, there are dozens to hundreds, too; but I think that's because they converge, when they see a ripening farm of rice... But I think they disperse, after they feed, so each smaller group flies to nesting place of their own at night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLT8aKJuNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_RYF381R0

Each species, and each sub-species in turn, of course, adapt to a certain set of ecosystems and environments...

But they have similar beaks, with differential sizes and strength, to harvest the half a dozen or so fruits, nuts, seeds, and flies they need...

Anyway, this is why some people spend their whole lives watching and studying birds. Why they fly thousands of miles to see one or two exquistic "humming birds" down in Peru or Argentina or Brazil or Laos or Australia or New Papua, etc.

BTW, the most famous scientist since the 1800s is CHARLES DARWIN...

His exposition on the "NATURAL SELECTION" theory --- On the Origin of Species (On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life)--- had a large focus on FINCHES and similar birds, with strong beaks.... Ranging from very stubby to slimmer ones but you could see they are related because there's a similar shape to them, from one island in the Galapagos to another...

TseemYeej

Apr 20, 2015, 1:33:31 AM4/20/15
kuv nco tau mas lawv hu ua: "Sparrows" np sub nav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRZIW_hRlM

TseemjYeej.

AEON

Apr 20, 2015, 8:44:18 AM4/20/15
from the pictures in the link above "munias" is PIVs. in group of hundreds if land on you RICE farm. ID you might go HUNGRY. IT CHEWS ONE SEED every 20 seconds or so and SOON that NRE THE NRES BLEJ IS GONE. MULTIPLY THAT BY HUNDREDS AND I'M AFRAIT'S TIME TO WORRY. ENEMIES OF THE FARMER ARE RATS & PIV.

AEON

Apr 20, 2015, 9:28:57 AM4/20/15
On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:22:03 PM UTC-5, HenryDavidT wrote:
THE LINK TO NEWLY HATCH MUNIAS SEEMS A BIT DIFFERENT THAN PIV. THE THING I NOTICE RIGHT AWAY IS PIV TENDS TO BE MUCH MORE YELLOW THAN THOSE IN THE NEST OF THE VDO. YOUNG PIV WILL BE MUCH MORE YELLOW. I CAUGHT A YOUNG YELLOW PIV. IT WAS THE BEST MEJ TXW PIV I EVER HAD. A GROUP FLEW TO MY TRAP AND I ENDED UP LANDED AT CLOSE RANG A FEMALE MEJTXW WASCAUGHT THE YOUNG YELLOW ONE IN MY TRAP. I DECIDED TO KEEP IT AS MEJ TXW AND WAS THE BEST MALE PIV I EVER HAD. IT'S CALL TO THE WILD PIV MADE THEM ILRESISTABLE TO LAND ONCE THEY ARE WITHIN 300 METERS OF MY TRAP LOCATION. AT LONG DISTANCE A MALE MEJTXW IS BEST BUT ONCE LANDED AT CLOSE RANGE A FEMALE PIV WILL HAVE BETTER CHANCE TO LURE WILD PIV INTO THE TRAP.
I DID PIV TRAPPING FOR OVER 2 YEARS SO I TESTED ALL KIND OF MEJTXW PIV. FEMALE GOT LOW VOLUME VOICE WHILE MALE CAN BE HERE 300+ METER AWAY. IN CLOSE RANGE A FEMALE PIV GOT BETTER TACTICS TO LURE THE WILD ONE INTO THE TRAP.

Moghlub

Apr 20, 2015, 9:43:31 AM4/20/15
Ua tsaug nawb, Hawj, Aeon hab Tseemyeej aw... That helps.

yag...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2015, 2:15:37 PM4/20/15
On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 6:43:31 AM UTC-7, Moghlub wrote:
> Ua tsaug nawb, Hawj, Aeon hab Tseemyeej aw... That helps.

piv...

finch?

yh

HenryDavidT

May 2, 2015, 7:36:26 AM5/2/15

AEON

May 2, 2015, 8:57:32 AM5/2/15
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 6:36:26 AM UTC-5, HenryDavidT wrote:
> http://www.dailytimesgazette.com/sichuan-bush-warbler-newly-discovered-species-of-naive-and-singing-bird-in-china/6440/
>
> New species of bird found in China

tus noog NO ZOO li TSEEM tabsis TSEEM mas muaj cov 4 DAJ ntau zog tus no me2. thaum 1975 peb tsev neegDAIM TEB KAWG NKAUS UA NTEJ 3 UA CAUBFAB mas muaj hom noog me/ TSEEM ntau.. hom noog me2 no mas lawv NTXUB2 PLAS thiab RAS. take ADVANTAGE cov me2 noNTXUB2 PLAS thiab RAS ces yuav tua cov noog me2 no YOOJ8. TSHUAB TES " taub taub laub taub" repeat TSHUAB TES LI NO HOM NOOG ME2 NO MAS KHIB2 HEEV YA TEJ PABLI 4-5 TUG LOS ZE2 yogpom PLAS/RAS ces lawv NPLAWM KIAG. TABSIS KUV NKAUM ZOO2 ces lawv los tsaws ze2 cev tes 5 txog deb li 2-5 mev ntawm yustaub hau. KASXUM ces poob DAJ LIS... kuv tua 1 tagkis tau 4-5 tug lawm thaum kuv yog 7-8 xyoo ntawd. KHUAJ li ntawdtua taunoogmas muajsiab tiag2. cim teb tom qab ces 3 twb tsis tau hlais BLEJ KOOS16 TWB TUAJ UA KUB2 NTXOV2 ces 3 dhia tawm ua CAUBFAB lawm... hom noog no muaj nyob nram teb BLEG/POBKWS ntau. pem teb yeeb mas ho 5 tshua pom. teb yeeb muaj ntxias yeeb ntxias ntau. kuv xuas POBZEB TXAWB TAU TUG LAWM. KUVYOG LI 5 XYOO xwb kuv pobzeb 1 tug dhia rhees li 1 mev tom ntejzog. kuv dhia CAUJ2 mus khaws nkaus. nqa khiav2 los 6 kuv niam saib. kuv niam 5 ntseeg tias kuv DAG xwb.. kuv CEV 6 tias no ne... muab dob2 tas 1 tsam nqa los tuav ua kua txob. hnub ntawd kuv niam wb 2 leeg mus ua daim teb ntawd xwb.

ntawm tseem thiab noog DAJ mas tshuab hwb teg "TAUB TAUB LAUB TAUB" repeatli 5-10 zaus ces cov noogme2 no ya TSHEEJ NPOJ los tsaws ze2 SAIB pom PLAS/RAS ces lawv sib tw NPLAWM. RAS/PLAS TOM2 cov me2 no NOJ. 1977-6/1979

AEON

May 2, 2015, 9:09:06 AM5/2/15
1977-6/1979 MAS 3 HO NKAUM TOM HAVZOOV UA caubfab LAWM CES KUV CUABPIV lawm xwb. CUABPIV LOMZEM HEEV. TEJ ZAUM MUAJ2 PIV mas MAG 3-4 tug tej zaum MAG ZERO xwb... kuv PIB UA LUB TAWB 4 CHAV. 5 NYIAM ME2 LI ces txhua lub 6 CHAV. 9 CHAV... 12 CHAV... LUB 12 CHAV LOJ DHAUDAV2 KUV TWB NQETSIS TAU KUV XUAS PAS XYOOB KWV XWB CES UA SIAB TSO TSEG ROV LOS SIV 9 CHAV THIAB 6 CHAV. 6,9 YOG 2 LUB perfect.. KUV TSA CHIJ DAWB 5 YUG PIV NTXIV VIM YEEB NCUAB BLOGLIAB. 11/1978 LAWV TUAJ TUA2 3 LUB ZOS TOM HAVZOOV 3 KHIAV MUS NKAUM TAU 2 WEEK BLOGLIAB MAM KHIAV ROV NRAM NROOG ces 3 khiav rov los tsev kuv mam SAIB NA 2 WEEK 3 KHIAV LAWM KUV LUB TAWBPIV 5 MUAJ BLEJ thiab DEJ. KUV TUS MEJTXW PIV TWB TUAG NTEV TWB QHUAV2 NKIG2 LWM. CHIM/MOB/TU SIAB TIAG2. KUA MUAG POOB NTAV. TXIJ NTAWD LOS KUV 5 YUG MEJTXW PIV LI LAWM. YUAV 5 YUG MUS TOM NTEJ LI LAWM THIAB .. CAIV KIAG LAWM...