America is the greatest country in the world--SAY NOT SO!

yag...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 12:04:23 AM8/20/15
America is not the only country with "freedom" and is not the greatest country in the world. Yes, America is not "star-spangled" awesome--Canada has freedom, Japan has freedom. The UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia are right up there. Belgium has freedom! There are 207 sovereign states in the world and 180 of them have freedom.

Just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day, there are some things you should know. One of them is that there is absolutely no evidence to the statement that we are the greatest country in the world. We are 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number 4 in labor force, and number 4 in exports.

We lead the world in only three categories: Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending where we spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies. None of this is the fault of future minds, but all of us are nonetheless are without a doubt a member of the worst generation period ever.

So when you ask what make us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Are you referring to Disneyland, Yosemite, or our pornography freedom?

We sure used to be one--the greatest country in the world. We stood up for what was right. We fought for moral reasons. We passed laws, struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed. We cared about our neighbors. We put our money where our mouths were and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and we cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars and acted like men. We aspired to intelligence. We didn't belittle it. It didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election...and we didn't scare so easily.

We were able to do all these things because we were informed by great men, men who were revered. The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.

America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.

This is the most "honest" American statement I have ever heard from a TV show.

ya

mi hlub

Aug 20, 2015, 1:24:40 PM8/20/15
take your pick. PERSONAL CHOICE. i say USA is the best from those nations i had been to. those are LAOS, THAILAND, USA. that's ALL I SAW and i say USA is the best among those 3. that does NOT mean USA is the BEST for YOU or the COMMIE CHINESE but let her make her own choice. I likefishing and USA especially MN here got plenty of places to go FISHING.