Was it a fluke?

yag...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2016, 11:50:16 AM12/19/16
This game is designed to be played by two people. Take any 2 dimensional, symmetrical object. you win the game by being the player to pick the last available point on the 2 dimensional object. example, Player 1 pick any point inside the object, and then Player 2 pick any other unpicked point on his turn...Player 1 then pick another unpicked point, player 2 then pick another unpicked point....and so on. Play this game until all the points are picked...and whoever picks the last unpicked point on the object wins the game.

Question:

1. would you go first or second to guarantee a win every time you play the game...and what point would you pick to insure you wwill win every time.

I remember posting this puzzle a few years back, but it seems no one was able to answer it. This question was given to me 20 years ago during an interview just for fun. Unfortunately, I did not get the job (so it wasn't just a for fun question). I was testing many people over the years (both young and old).

Yesterday, on the way back from a birthday party, i asked my 11 year old son. HE NAILED IT!

yag...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2016, 11:57:27 AM12/19/16
My interviewer did say that whoever is able to asnwer this question within 1 minute do possess 200 iq.